The Path To Haven (Epic Dog Journey Rp) OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A Big Bear

Original poster
tumblr_mopu31tw9v1rvs9wso1_400.gif

A pack of dogs from various backgrounds, strays and human companions come together on a journey to seek The Haven, a place where the dogs can be truly free. Does this Haven exist? Will this pilgrimage be a fruitless one?

Link to RP

Baron/male/Alpha of GlenWood Pack
Vlad/male/Member of GlenWood Pack
Gem/female/companion

Canus: a religion that is worshipped by many dogs. This faith has countless gods and goddess, some more known than others. The interpretation of canus varies from dog to dog.

The Haven: plays a large role in the Canus faith, a paradise on earth. Since dogs do not have written scripture, the story circling around this place is pass only through word of mouth. It is simply commonly described as a place with fields, trees and bountiful prey. However, some dogs interpenetrate what the Haven is or what it looks like differently. There is much debate on how the Haven came to be.

The Great Ones: dogs who see humans favorable sometimes refer to them as Great Ones.

Non-believers: dogs who do not believe or are skeptical of the Canus Faith

Companions: Dogs who are owned by humans. Many companions see it as as honor and privilege to live and work by a human's side. Other dogs however (stray or otherwise) do not share this sentiment, there are dogs who see being a companion as disgraceful and humiliating.

Wanderers: Dogs who do not live with humans with word is interchangeable with "stray"

Canus Dieties
Anuberus: god of the dead
Shucks: dog spirits that take the souls of fallen canines to the afterlife
Amorus: god of the hunt
Maned-Dog: god of protection
Fenri: god of destruction and rebirth
Guine: god of fertility and prosperity

Please do not be afraid to ask questions or offer suggestions to the rp o3o you can ask publicly or pm me

Only dog characters please (wolfhybrids are allowed, but please do not have an influx of hybrid charas ;w; ))

No godmodding: I think 99% rps have this rule, it's just a given at this point :p

Paragraph (5 or more lines) per post: Can have more than one paragraph, heck you can write a novella if ya feel up to it. Note, if you are unable to post a full paragraph due to irl issues do let me know :D

Realistic dogs only: any breed is acceptable, but no neon bright rando color dogs (aka sparkle dogs). Unless their fur was dyed that color, but even the fur dye fades away over time.

Realistic dogs cont..: Size matters (hurr hurr), a corgi cannot win against a pitbull in a fight with brute strength. A Chihuahua, beagle, or any small breed cannot take down prey that is significantly larger than said small dog. With that being said, there are other ways to defeat your opponent, physical strength doesn't always win the fight, charas can and are encouraged to use their wits. Take their limitations due to their size and stature into thought o3o .
No txt speak in chat, this is only allowed in OOC chat

Please use (()), [[]]. {{}} when chatting OOC

NPCs are fair game: NPCs (non playable characters) are to be simply minor background charas for the rp, anything can happen to them (death, sickness ect…) at anytime by anyone/thing with or without the consent of npcs creator. With that being said, please don't go overboard and try to kill/cause havoc to any NPC that crosses your chara's path. NPCs are to be controlled by the user who created them, but can also be played by anyone so long as they ask consent of the creator first. I guess what I'm saying, do what you will with NPCs, so long as it is done realistically and reasonably.

There will be polls set up based on the suggestions of the rp group members to what should happen within the storyline, whether it be major or minor

If something comes up irl that limits you to posting within the rp, please let us know via OOC chat

Do you know any of the movies Felidae, Watership Down, Plague Dogs? Perhaps you are familiar with the Erin Hunter Book series, Warriors, Survivors or Seekers? This rp shares some of these tones from these books and movies. This rp will get dark, dare i say very dark, perhaps not nitty gritty details of guts and gore, but there will be material that might make people feel uncomfortable.

((add more if you wish))
Name:
Sex:
Breed:
Age (pup, juvenile, adult, elder):
Description/Image (must be real dog photo):
Pack:
Rank/Status:
Family:
Allies:
Enemies:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
History:
Extra info:

((add more or less if you wish))
Name:
Sex:
Breed:
Description/Image (must be photo):
Relationships:
Personality:
History:

The City and The Dogs : Here our story begins, life goes on as usual within the city and the dogs go about their usual routines. However, this will soon change as a problem arises that affects various dogs within the city, putting them in a situation to where they need to work together to pull through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Baron
Sex: male
Breed: mutt
Age (pup, juvenile, adult, elder): adult
WHITEGOD_WEB_III.gif

Pack: GlenWood Pack (in need of other packmembers, especially a beta)
Rank/Status: alpha
Family: mother (unknown), father (unknown), siblings (unknown)
Allies: pack mates, Vlad
Enemies: anyone thing that poses a threat to his pack
Personality: Baron is your typical dog, loyal, willing to put himself in the face of danger for others, and does his best treat everything and everyone with fairness. He tries to be optimistic and rallies behind his pack to keep their spirits high. With that being said, he can at times be too optimistic to the point of naivety and despite being good at heart and only wanting what's best, he can be quite stubborn and when he doubts himself he takes it very hard.
Strengths: brave, strong leader, skilled in physical fights
Weaknesses: he can still be a bit naive of the world, a bit of an idealist, his stubbornness has gotten him into trouble more than once
History: Baron doesn't remember much of his blood-related family, but he does share fond memories of his human family. He only knew them for a year before being stolen from them and forced into an illegal dog fighting ring. Fighting for his life as the months went by, forcing himself to attack and even kill his fellow dog, he met Vlad, a neighboring cage-mate. One night, the two managed to escape their cages, along with a few other dogs. They ran off into the city, finding refuge in an empty lot used to dump trash near just outside the city. The now stray dogs formed a pack and do their best to survive together.
Extra info: NA

Name: Vlad
Sex: male
Breed: doberman
Age (pup, juvenile, adult, elder): adult
0ef6af22be5800e1eab9b433cf1643de.jpg

Pack: GlenWood Pack
Rank/Status: subordinate
Family: mother (unknown) father (unknown) siblings (unknown)
Allies: Baron, his pack
Enemies: those who pose a threat to his pack
Personality: Vlad is a stern dog with a no-nonsense type vibe. He sees the world as what it is, what he perceives it is, cruel and dark. Vlad's a realist, to the point he can be a fatalist, despite coming off as a 'grump' he is deeply loyal to the pack, specifically Baron.
Strengths: his agility, strength, skilled in physical combat
Weaknesses: overly suspicious of many things, short tempered, due to his abusive past certain things/noises will startle him if he is caught off-gaurd, giving him a sort of flash back and put the dog in a sense of fight or flight
History: Vlad never knew his blood-related family, his first memory is human beating him over and over with a belt or stick, if not a beating, he recalls his training which was ripping into a dangling piece of meat. Vlad has only known the life of a fighting dog, he's learned to trust no one but himself, that was until Baron came tumbling into his life. At first he couldn't stand the other dog, he was whining all the time about his 'family' and how he missed them. Over time, he took pity on the mitt and decided to try and help the dog in surviving, giving him hints and pointers on how to properly fight and defend himself. Eventually the two grew close and Vlad even admitted that he had made a friend, someone he could rely on. One night, the two were able to escape along with a few other others. He and his pack now reside near the outskirts of town.
Extra info:

Name: Gem
Sex: female
Breed: dalmatian
Age (pup, juvenile, adult, elder): juvenile, will become an adult within some months
Laci-pretty%20face-sm.jpg

Pack: NA
Rank/Status: Companion
Family: Bianca (owner) Frank (owner)
Allies: NA
Enemies: NA
Personality: Gem is a spoiled rotten dog who is notorious for her pride to those who know her. Thanks to her owners constantly pampering her has only fueled her snobbish, dainty behavior. Do not be fooled by her fair looks or her petite frame, she can be a venomous creature, opportunistic and power hungry, she wouldn't dare get her own paw dirty, why do that when others can do it for you? With that being said there is an.... unusual side to this dame, something that is rooted deep within her very core that brings out the best in her, maternal instinct. She is quite fond of pups and will often be seen hovering over them with doting eyes. Sadly, even that can be overshadowed by her dark tendencies.
Strengths: nurturing (towards the young), clever
Weaknesses: physically weak, proud, greedy
History: Gem comes from a long line of dalmatians, generations of successful dog show champions. her owners, Bianca and her husband Frank fell in love with the spotted pup the moment they saw her, the feeling was mutual for Gem... somewhat. It was more than simple puppy love, as she even small pup she was already plotting on how she could take advantage of the situation. Act cute, look cute, win them over, and be lavished with toys and more. It worked in her favor and now here she is a year later, sitting comfortably on her plush throne of pillows, room decorated in pink frills and extravagant toys and gourmet meals. Even though she has what man dogs could only dream of... she cant help, but wanting more...
Extra info: she always wear a pink silk bow around her neck​

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested

Is there a limit on how many characters we can have to start? I'd like to do an adult and a pup.

Awesome. I'm writing up profiles now and should have them posted in an hour or two. (I don't have internet at home so I'll have to pop over to the library.) I'm already very emotional about these dogs. This RP is gonna hurt.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
(stuff happened and I didn't get to the library to type up profiles but I thought I'd post what I have and will tidy it up tomorrow or Wednesday when I can.)

pKmyxS2.jpg

Name: TBA
Sex: Female
Breed: Golden retriever/border collie mix
Pack: ---
Family: Has only vague memories of her parents and siblings. She considers her human to be her main family.
Allies: Her human, "Boss"; the mailman who gives her biscuits; the old police dog who walks by her yard sometimes.
Enemies: that fat raccoon who gets into Boss's trash
Personality: tba. she's a good dog
Strengths: tba
Weaknesses: overly trusting, obedient to a fault, easily distracted, scared of tall humans
History: She was a gift to Boss from his adult children. Boss got a divorce from his wife of 25 years and his dog died in the same year. He became s shut in and fell into a lonely depression, so his kids surprised him with a puppy to cheer him up. At first he wasn't impressed, but he warmed up to the little fluffball quickly and came to love her utterly and completely.

Her earliest memories are of roving the back yard and garden behind Boss's house, and barking at the nasty raccoon who gets into the trash on the other side of the fence. Boss isn't one for dog parks, so her world is largely limited to the house and yard and the occasional fishing and camping trips. She's befriended the old police dog who patrols the neighborhood and always runs to greet him at the fence on his daily walks.

She loves her life and wouldn't change a thing -- except that darn racoon! One day she's going to get under that fence and finish him once and for all...

----------

Gnird1N.jpg

Name: Hugo, called Crank by his human
Sex: Male
Breed: German Shepherd
Pack: --
Family: His human family, considers his fellow K-9 units to be family
Allies: Local police force and K-9s, even if he doesn't know many of them by name anymore, his human, that collie pup down the street.
Enemies: Anyone he suspects of being up to no good.
Personality: Stiff and direct, doesn't mess around. Bark first and ask questions later. Still considers himself a K-9 even if he's been retired for several years now. Grumpy with his crippled back legs and aging body.

Strengths: knowledge of the city streets, trained to detect smells like drugs and weapons
Weaknesses: his bad legs healed stiffly and he has a hard time running and jumping, ptsd, horribly stubborn and thinks his body can do more then it actually can, knows be knows best.

History: Coming soon

(debating changing hugo to a female but haven't decided yet.)

Last edited:
Hey~hey^^!!

I'm soooo sorry but Boo gotta back out of this one.

Like I'm just reading over the charries and I know its stupid but like I'm already tearing up knowing that bad things are gunna happen to them. Like I wanted to do up a puppy appie but... UUUUGHSSS!! No! My feels! Just can't take it!! :[[[ ~cries!~

But sooooooo like yeah... good luck with RP err'body~^^!!

Reactions: Garp
Hey~hey^^!!

Like I'm just reading over the charries and I know its stupid but like I'm already tearing up knowing that bad things are gunna happen to them. Like I wanted to do up a puppy appie but... UUUUGHSSS!! No! My feels! Just can't take it!! :[[[ ~cries!~

Hahaha yeah I was telling my gf about the rp and my characters and she was like "why are you doing this to yourself???" I don't blame you for backing out. I'm already upset about what all could happen.

Hey~hey^^!!

The feels are far too strong D: but I get it, I knew this to might get to some folks. I know I might turn into a sobbing mess when we get to the dark stuff :c if you cried during plague dogs or the incredible journey then prepare your eyeballs o3o

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
@Garp yo o3o/ just wanted to say your charas look good so far, i dont know who i love more cranky dog are the cute pupper ;w; i can just see my Vlad and your Hugo butting heads >:D

• Love
Reactions: Garp
@A Big Bear thanks! I'm really looking forward to starting the thread. Sorry I haven't finished Hugo's history yet; I was unexpectedly called into work yesterday and now that I'm at the library, I'm an idiot and forgot to bring the paper I wrote it on. But I'll get it added tonight one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.