The Path to Haven: Dog Adventure RP (i swear it's not as dumb as it sounds...i hope)

How does it sound

• I wanna join

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not interested

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • unsure

• it needs tweaking

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • It's a bit confusing? perhaps elaborate more

• is this a joke? dogs, seriously!?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A Big Bear

Original poster
Plot
A pack of dogs from various backgrounds, victims of fight rings, strays and human companions come together on a journey to seek The Haven, a place where the dogs can be truly free of pain and suffering. Does this Haven exist? Will this pilgrimage be a fruitless one?

Canus: a religion that is worshipped by many dogs. This faith has countless gods and goddess, some more known than others. The interpretation of canus varies from dog to dog.

The Haven: plays a large role in the Canus faith, a paradise on earth. Since dogs do not have written scripture, the story circling around this place is pass only through word of mouth. It is simply commonly described as a place with fields, trees and bountiful prey. However, some dogs interpenetrate what the Haven is or what it looks like differently. There is much debate on how the Haven came to be.

The Great Ones: dogs who see humans favorable sometimes refer to them as Great Ones.

Non-believers: dogs who do not believe or are skeptical of the Canus Faith

I know this sounds dumb but hear me out :V

Oki doki then. So, I know this sounds all animal rp typicalness (nothing wrong with that, im a sucker animal rps ;w;) but I wanted to add in a dark spin on it. Not so much as a warriors/survivors type (though i will admit some of it did inspire this) But more so like the animated films Felidae, Plague Dogs, Watership down and the series Silverwing.These films and series that I listed are absolute favorites of mine, especially the first three, they handle very dark tones which I just love and wanted to implement that into an rp.

You have this story/faith created by dogs all over the world called "The Haven" it's pretty much doggo paradise, all the food you can eat, free to run where ever, whenever, without fear of pain and suffering, but perhaps this Haven isn't what it's crack up to be, it maybe even a myth. So there's the questioning of faith thing going and whether or not the journey, which will be filled with dangers and such, is worth it. Lot of drama, lot of infighting and such o3o

Also, I find the idea of the doggo-religion, like human's religion having different sects and interpretations, exploring people's faith or lack thereof and reasoning behind it is also and interesting concept that i'd like the rp to explore as it adds in more the story and world but im kinda scared that might offend or scare people off, i dunno :c

The Haven, would be part of the dogs' religion/faith, this heaven on earth type thing, not all dogs believe, some believe it in a literal sense, others in a not so literal sense and time progresses the dogs begin to question the whether or not their journey is worth it, or if the Haven even exists. Maybe they even come across something that looks to be their paradise, but in reality it's a really facked up cult? :U im just tossing out ideas here.

Also maybe part of the religion of Canus could be the worship of different dog deities/spirits/creatures that already exist within various cultures? Such as anubis, shucks, or cerberus? o3o Like Anubis is the god of death, shucks (hellhounds) are the grim-reaper-eqsue type minor deities that bring dogs to the afterlife, and Cerberus is the creature that guards the gates to the afterlife? Maybe even the Canus religion is divides into sects were different deities are worshipped by certain dogs and said deities have their own following. Like there's a group of dogs that worship a fertility god, while others worship the god of war? o3o just some more ideas....

How the rp will go about will be the use of "chapters". In the chapters it may deal with a particular area, and a major event that will take place in said area

New ideas are welcomed, especially in developing the dog's culture or major plot points. dont be afraid to ask questions or anything :p oh and the tags may change, again this rp (if it gets made) will have dark stuff in it o3o so beware if ya not into it

Hey~hey^^!

Boo kinda likes it but... tbh the whole setup seems more complex then it needs to be. Like for me, I get the Watership Down vibe (omfng dose bunnies doh! ~sobs~)but like I'm more about The Incredible Journey kinda vibe which did not get a mention. And so like yeah~yeah I gets it.

BUT! Sooooooo like lets be real with Boo here: like how dark are we talking here? Is it like animal cruelty and its gunna hurt Boo's feels and make her cry? Or is this all about the ripped apart and ritual sacrifice yuckiness?

But yeah~yeah interested to play a doggie fo'sho ;D

Hey~hey^^!

Boo kinda likes it but... tbh the whole setup seems more complex then it needs to be. Like for me, I get the Watership Down vibe (omfng dose bunnies doh! ~sobs~)but like I'm more about The Incredible Journey kinda vibe which did not get a mention. And so like yeah~yeah I gets it.

BUT! Sooooooo like lets be real with Boo here: like how dark are we talking here? Is it like animal cruelty and its gunna hurt Boo's feels and make her cry? Or is this all about the ripped apart and ritual sacrifice yuckiness?

But yeah~yeah interested to play a doggie fo'sho ;D
Oh gawd, the incredible journey! Cant believe I forgot to put that one in there :c and yeah, I feared as much in terms of complexity, I go overboard with that ;w; I just have a bunch of ideas running around in my head and try to make sense of it when writing/typing it down :p As so far as dark tones goes... i wouldnt mind if it was part of the story, not really THE main focus of course (though it certainly has an important place in the story), the plot will msotly circle around the journey itself. It also depends on the level of detail. WaterShip Down, Felidae and the Warriors novels had gruesome and gory moments, but they served their purpose, they werent just there to squick the audience out, and they typically weren't long and needlessly drawn out unlike like the Saw movies for example :p . Like I said, it really does depend on the deep level of detail that be into it.

The ritual sacrifice thingy is a pretty interesting idea actually o3o, i think i mentioned it before... maybe somewhere along the lines of the story the pack comes across a fawked up cult of dogs that seems friendly at first but as time progresses it is shown they're actually really awful and sacrifice animals/other dogs for rituals :U same would be applied to how much description would be put into the scene in terms of gore.

I dont want to scare possible rpers away, nobody wants to see cute animals (especially doggos) die :c but, again, it certainly would add something to the story. I dun wanna make ya cry lul but i would like to at least make this PG13 + type violence, i guess Warriors/Watetrship down level of violence and darktones. But not everything is gonna be depressing or gruesome o3o

i'm sorry this is long winded ;w; did I answer your question?

Oh gawd, the incredible journey! Cant believe I forgot to put that one in there :c and yeah, I feared as much in terms of complexity, I go overboard with that ;w; I just have a bunch of ideas running around in my head and try to make sense of it when writing/typing it down :p As so far as dark tones goes... i wouldnt mind if it was part of the story, not really THE main focus of course (though it certainly has an important place in the story), the plot will msotly circle around the journey itself. It also depends on the level of detail. WaterShip Down, Felidae and the Warriors novels had gruesome and gory moments, but they served their purpose, they werent just there to squick the audience out, and they typically weren't long and needlessly drawn out unlike like the Saw movies for example :p . Like I said, it really does depend on the deep level of detail that be into it.

The ritual sacrifice thingy is a pretty interesting idea actually o3o, i think i mentioned it before... maybe somewhere along the lines of the story the pack comes across a fawked up cult of dogs that seems friendly at first but as time progresses it is shown they're actually really awful and sacrifice animals/other dogs for rituals :U same would be applied to how much description would be put into the scene in terms of gore.

I dont want to scare possible rpers away, nobody wants to see cute animals (especially doggos) die :c but, again, it certainly would add something to the story. I dun wanna make ya cry lul but i would like to at least make this PG13 + type violence, i guess Warriors/Watetrship down level of violence and darktones. But not everything is gonna be depressing or gruesome o3o

i'm sorry this is long winded ;w; did I answer your question?

K so like yeah~yeah thanks. You answered my question. Right. Sooooooo like just gunna wait on OoC and charrie sheet appie then. :]

reverse-1400707311_dogs_fail_at_catching_ball.gif

I did it, it's done, i made the group :U so... anyone who wanna join the dumb doggo drama violence warriors watership down-esque rp it's here ===> Heres the LINK

Awesome, yes, very interested. Will check out the group link.

Status
Not open for further replies.