The Path of Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilith snapped back to Cadas, "I did nothing as a matter of fact!" She gave him a glare before continuing. "Besides, it doesn't really matter now. We'll go if we must, I just need to find a way to disguise myself is all. Now, to deal with this spirit." She stared Lionel down as he cringed from it, beginning to slowly float away.

"Follow me. Now." She ordered him as she began walking off shouting to Cadas over her shoulder, "Stay here and don't cause any trouble. You'll get another punch if you do!" Lionel gave a hesitant glance at Cadas and quickly rushed behind Lilith, not wanting to risk being yelled at again.

Her steps echoed and faded into the ambiance of the forest, the ruffling of the leaves, the small chirps from birds, everything seemed peaceful. Lilith winded through the trees, remembering her path so she can make her way back safely. The two finally reached a small clearing, plainly bare and shadowed by the leaves so there was hardly any light. Lilith stopped in the middle of it and turned around to Lionel suddenly, making him jump from fright. She sighed, her countenance had changed from being the prideful, feared, strong demon to now, a worried and sad lonely being.

Lilith cleared her throat nervously, trying to hide her embarrassment by the awkward circumstance. Lionel was silent but if he had eyes and mouth, they would be wide open by the sudden change in Lilith. There was a moment of pause before Lilith looked down at the ground and spoke quietly, "Did you really speak with Silvius?"

Lionel began to stammer and answered quickly, trying to make the best out of this strange situation. "Oh yes! Yes! The reason I came to find you! He wanted to make sure you were still alive."

She smiled sadly to herself and murmured, "Of course he would worry about me even if he was dead.. that idiot.." She sighed and began to rub her arm with her other hand as she took a moment to think. She looked at Lionel with a somber look. "Can you tell him something?" Lionel nodded his head slowly, still surprised.

"Tell him not to worry. I'll be okay. Though his brother is the one he should be worried for." She shook her head and chuckled slightly, the feeling of laughing was odd to her though the thought of Cadas being the brother of someone so strong, amused her because he seemed so weak. "Also," She paused, pursing her lips as a blush came across from her face. "I.. miss him."

With that Lilith waved him away and began stomping back towards where she came from. Lionel was in complete shock and didn't move a muscle. He only jumped once again as she shouted at him, "You can go back now! Your services are no longer needed!" Lionel could only watch the figure of the small demon girl, the terrifying demon he's heard so many rumors about and yet, he just witnessed what no other has. He gleefully expanded in happiness and with a big gust, he flew into the trees and in a singsong voice began saying over and over, "Silvius! She misses you! Yes! She truly misses you!" His high pitch laughter echoed through the forest and soon he disappeared in the midst of it.

"Right, nothing, that's why you can't go." Cadas thought to himself obviously not believing Lilith. "We need a disguise also, yes you obviously did nothing." her statement furthering his disbelief of her her previous note on it being nothing. "Well that didn't last very long, i expected him to last another five minutes." he was surprised she decided to kill Lionel so quickly. She quickly ordered the spirit to follow and for Cadas to stay where he stood otherwise he would recieve another one of her strong blows. He was obviously not going to listen to the order as his pride wouldn't allow him to do so and he was curious as to what she would do.

Cadas counted for about a minute and a half before following the pair as quietly as he could. They made way through the forest, Lilith examining the surroundings, although for what reason he had no idea. Finally he caught up with the two in a clearing ahead. Luckily they had were in a shadowed area so Cadas would be less likely to be spotted. He knew however that he shouldn't take things easily as Lilith was a demon. He knew that all too well from the punch earlier. Lilith first questioned Lionel about whether he had really met Silvius. This was obvious to Cadas as Lionel had easily noticed that the brothers looked similar. The spirit repeated what he already knew, that it's reason for being there was to check on Lilith. For some reason she then smiled in a sad way, most likely because she missed him. She then asked Lionel to tell Silvius something.

Cadas couldn't help but feel annoyed as Lilith said that Silvius should worry more about him then her. Considering strength she had a point, On other matters not so much. She was more likely to cause more trouble then he would. The trouble with Brimstone. "Ah, so she does have a cute side, i was wondering." he thought to himself, smiling do to what he heard. It took Lionel a moment to process what he had heard just as it did for Cadas, all be it his processing time was faster. With a shout though he was soon brought back to his senses and was shooed away. He quickly did so although singing while he went about how the demon had missed his brother.

"He is most definitely dead the next time she sees him." Cadas thought to himself watching the scene that played out in front of him. He gave himself a minute before approaching. This was partly due to not wanting to seem suspicious as he approached but mostly to let Lilith cool her head for a moment so he wasn't killed in that moment. Once Lionel's singing voice faded away and with a moment more of waiting he came out. "Hey." He greeted the woman normally. He took a glance around before continuing. "Where'd Lionel go?" he questioned feigning ignorance as to the spirit's location. "Please tell me you didn't actually use him for your blood magic." He pleaded, although he already knew the answer.

Lilith's heart was racing with anxiety and it almost leaped out of her chest when Cadas appeared. "Ah hello!" She said awkwardly as she rose her hand in a wave and instantly dropped it down. Smooth.. idiot. She scolded herself and gritted her teeth at the slight humiliation. "Oh, yes." She replied to his questions as she looked away from his eyes, trying her best to hide from what happened back there. I'll never hear the end of it if he saw that.

She cleared her throat loudly and glared at Cadas as much as she can, gathering her composure. "Ha, have you forgotten? The Order would have me if I killed a spirit." She sighed, remembering the grim warning. "Right, anyway." Lilith looked up to the sky and noticed that time had passed by pretty fast. "We should get heading to Brimstone before it gets dark. Do you anyone there?"

Obviously Lilith wasn't the one with connections being how blatant and rude she was to anyone who would speak to her. She was dreading this trip but it was their only lead. On the other hand, Lilith couldn't help the strange nagging feeling she was getting. Why the hell am I doing this? She wondered. As much as she thought about it, she honestly didn't want to go on this crazy goose chase. What was the purpose of doing so? Of getting the one she loved back? Lilith grew irritated that she was even thinking about such things. The idea of going through all of this was pointless, the Order would stop them, if there was even a way to bring someone back from the path.

"Actually." Lilith had finally made up her mind. Silvius was dead and that was that. She didn't want to waste anymore time on silly hopes of bringing him back. "You can go alone." She glanced at Cadas with a serious expression, letting him know that this was final. "I see no point of even traveling with you and going on this crazy journey about a silly little rumor. I'll take my leave." She walked away from him, where she was going, she knows not but she wanted to leave as quick as she can before her feelings wavered.

Cadas had to resist the urge to laugh with all his might the moment Lilith. "Shes as easy to read as I thought." He thought to himself seeing her reaction. She must have been really confused because she responded with a yes when he questioned where Lionel went. Cadas was completely astounded by the fact she couldn't handle lying very well under pressure. He thought that she would be able to do that with only a bit of a problem but he was wrong apparently. Deciding against actually mentioning the scene he had seen earlier he let her continue with her panicked chatter. The fact that she couldn't kill would definitely get in there way later on and that fact annoyed Cadas. "Hmm Brimstone huh?" he pondered whether he knew anyone there or not. "I know one or two people from there but none of them were all that close to me. On my way so far i've mostly relied on jobs around the areas i stayed at to get me enough money to keep me going." He explained. "We'll be camping outside town or staying at an inn depending on the prices." he explained his usual way of things to her.

"Hm?" Cadas wondered what she was going to say. He can go alone?! what in the world was she talking about? She was obviously determined, he could see that just by looking at her face. It was true that it was only a rumor but Lionel had definitely said that his brother knew of a way to come back in his original form. He had to stand there with his mouth agape for a moment thought to process what she had just said. She had given up out of nowhere like there was no chance. This had annoyed and angered Cadas in one move. Unfortunately this was one thing that Lilith was good at doing. As much as he hated to do this Cadas tried persuading her in a way he thought would work best. "Ah, i see, that does make sense." he said calmly, as if they were having a normal chat. "I guess you'll be off then, having no home to go to, unable to protect yourself if anything like before happens again. Then i'll go and try and find my brother, the one you love oh so much but decided to give up on." What he lacked in physical strength he certainly made up for with his words. "I'll most likely die also, too bad to. I would survive if i had a strong demon protecting me but i know none that would help. It's not like i saved any demon's life before." he went on using the fact that he had saved her life to his advantage. All the while he kept his level tone that still seemed to be calm as if having a chat with an old friend. He hated doing this but it was the only way he could guarantee that he could bring his brother back to life. The fact that he had to use the fact that he saved her life also bothered him, he had just said that she did not need to pay him back only a while ago.

She stopped in her tracks and twitched in annoyance. Of course, he's going to bring that up to me.. She sighed and couldn't help but groan loudly and turned around to stare angrily at Cadas. Lilith didn't want to admit that she did owe him her life. As much as a cold heartened person she seemed, even she had honor and pride.

"Fine!" She reluctantly said. "But! If I save your life even just once, I'm done. You hear?" Lilith scoffed after that. She thought to herself, how low can a demon go further than owing their life to a human of all beings? Though, Cadas was good with his words and Lilith was surprised he even brought up that he saved her. I should've killed him when I first saw him if I knew this would have happened. She couldn't help but smirk at that, seeing if she had, both of the brothers would be united. After all, isn't that what Cadas wanted? To be with this brother? A laugh was coming out from her, thinking that would have been quite the pairing.

"Well, lead the way. I'll follow." She said as she stopped her laugh from coming out. "I sure hope you know where you're going."

Cadas couldn't help but smile as he watched the almighty Lilith bend to his will. He had expected the woman to pull out her scythe and kill him in one go even with the threat of the order. He knew he should cherish the moment because it would be the only time she would actually do what he wanted. First things first he had to help save Silvius without running into a life threatening situation. If that happened he was sure she would take the first opportunity she could get to save his life. With that out of the way she would leave him on his own even she had loved his brother. The creepy laugh from Lilith did not make him feel any more comforted than he had been before so he would have to be careful around her. "As dangerous nice as she is aggressive." he thought to himself unsure of what the laugh meant.

"I'm leading?" Cadas questioned Lilith surprised by the decision. He quickly figured out that she had wanted to be as difficult as she could be to annoy him. He didn't know the exact location of the city but he knew that it was not exactly in the direction of the path. The city ran west of their location and the path to the north. He didn't exactly like the thought of traveling so far off but if it could help them figure out how to save Silvius he figured it was worth a shot. When he had skimmed over the map last time he hadn't really paid much attention to the areas to the west in the east not expecting to detour from his route. This kind of thinking process had not gotten him in a good position however no that he need to travel to brimstone. The city was two or three days away but it mostly depended on how fast you went, if you were fast you could get there within almost a day. This would prove easy for Lilith but Cadas' more easygoing attitude didn't make him one for much endurance, often resting in between cities routes while he did so.

"Ah, so the proud and powerful demon is now being led by a human, how far you have fallen dear Lilith." Cadas taunted The woman. He knew it wasn't the smartest thing to do when she could easily cut him down in moments but his pride got the better of him. Another reason was that he was unsure of an exact path to take. For the moment he would have to bluff that he actually knew where he was going. "Of course i know where i'm going." he said. He would have to take a look on his map to decide exactly what areas would provide the best jobs and hunting grounds. He could not show weakness in front of the woman in front of him however or he would lose his mind. "We should head out now, we can make it to the next town over if were quick but we'll most likely have to sleep for the night along the way. Once we get there we'll figure out what to do depending on the jobs around." he said giving no further elaboration on what he would do afterwards, mostly because he himself did not know. With that he did as she had to told him to and led her in the direction they were to go.

Lilith ignored Cadas to the best of her ability and fell silent when she walked behind him. She took small paces as she watched his back, making sure to keep a few feet away. She felt restless and couldn't believe the situation she was in now. Since when did she let herself be lead by a human? She sighed and her eyes went down to the ground, her thoughts deepening in every step.

She should have known how unfortunate she was, considering her past and these turn of events, it shouldn't have been surprising. From the moment she was born and bred into the demon realm by the Elders, she was taught to kill and survive. Along with other children, together they were to become unstoppable killing machines. Unlike the other demons, Lilith and the rest of her brethren were formed to look like humans besides their wings that obviously protruded from their backs. They were strong with the blood of the Elders, almost as strong as the Ancients, that they had the ability to transform into their true demonic nature, accessing remarkable power that rendered them invincible. Though, in the early age of their life during the first War of the Void, the demon realm was invaded by the humans. They had caught wind of the Elders' creations and decided to put an end to it.

Those who have fought against them were killed. Lilith watched in the darkness as she saw her brethren murdered in cold blood and soon she was found, helpless. The humans took her away, torturing her to a horrible extent and using her for many scientific experiments. Though in their own fault, Lilith transformed into her true demonic nature and went on a blind rampage. The humans didn't realize the capacity of such power until too late, when they finally had calmed her, their headquarters in shambles and the majority of their own lying dead due to her rage. Finding it impossible to kill Lilith since she would just once again go on another one and too dangerous to keep her living, the High Enchanter at the time stepped up and offered a solution. Using a powerful binding spell and offering his life up for it to be successful, they ripped out her wings and she was now damned to live without accessing the power and wingless, a shame to any demon. The worse of it was, if she was ever heavily injured just like today, she would begin to die like a human.

After many months, the demons finally made a counterattack and Lilith was rescued. Many of the children that were created were killed and only a few were left but like Lilith, cursed and wingless. The Elders surprisingly did not lose hope when they saw what had been done but instead, created a counter spell in case their children were to come across a situation where it would life threatening for them. Unfortunately, some did not know how to use it properly, but Lilith was one of the lucky few who had mastered the technique and has used it countless times when she recklessly back in her young age attacked anything on sight. She grew in the Elders' care before being transferred over to the Fortress of Storms about twenty years ago, her hatred for humans or any living thing alike, never faltered.

Lilith wrapped her arms around herself, a small shudder coming from the breeze or maybe it was what she had reminisced. Her shoulders automatically twitched and she felt a small sharp of pain. Even after a century, there was still pain. A demon losing their wings wasn't the best feeling in the world but she considered herself fortunate. At least she wasn't dead and she can still exact revenge on this world.

She looked back up and realized that they were finally out of the woods and on a small dirt road. Checking her surroundings, they were still alone, for the time being. No annoying spirits, demons, or humans hunting them down, it was finally quiet and peaceful. Lilith breathed out, relieved and eased up from being tense, feeling her body loosen. Her eyes went back to Cadas' back, who had seemed to be silent at this time or he spoke and she didn't hear him. She narrowed her eyes, as she saw the strong structure of his shoulders go back and forth from his swinging arms and couldn't help but frown. He sure was starting to look too much like Silvius but she didn't remember his shoulders looking that broad. Lilith continued staring, pondering and comparing the two in her head.

Cadas was surprised by the lack of conversation between the two but was unsure of what to say. The whole while they were walking he couldn't help but feel annoyed by space that Lilith was making. "she could at least try to be friendly" he thought to himself dissatisfied with the situation. He understood that she wasn't exactly on great terms with humans but he hadn't been terrible to her. He walked on in silence leading the way. Usually he didn't like traveling alone but he preferred being alone to having to drag his companion along. He heard her sigh but when he glanced back she was in a world of her own. "Sorry." he apologized to her silently.

Cadas was confused with both Lilith and himself. Here he was trying so hard to get Silvius back but The one who loved him the most didn't want any part in it. He couldn't help but sigh himself from the thought. "No plan, no money, surviving on luck, my only guard going to leave the moment she saves my life, No guarantee this will actually work, I'd say things couldn't get worse but they could." he thought to himself becoming depressed. His entire life had mostly consisted of wake up, work, eat, work, eat, sleep, only playing with his brother or having conversations with friends in between. Twenty years he had lived this way and now he was starting to realize how much he had wasted. A demon could outlast a human easily whether it be from time or harsh conditions. With such a short amount of time to live he had wasted his life.

Silvius on the other hand had always done what he wanted. He had a dream and he made it reality, he always had as much fun as he could, and he even fell in love with Lilith. Silvius had been the only part of Cadas' life that was alive. When Silvius died so did Cadas, in a way that is. "Am I doing this for Silvius or myself?" he questioned himself. He wanted to answer "Silvius" but he knew all too well that it was both. The worse part was that it had been mostly his want to feel alive again to set off on this suicide mission. Cadas felt disgusted with himself, here he was trying to act like a hero and he had only done this for his own personal reasons He had even bothered Lilith to satisfy himself. He silently promised himself that he would let Lilith go once she had seemed to save his life.

As Cadas processed all these thoughts time passed and the woods disappeared and there was a path underfoot. After putting up with the annoying feeling of eyes staring at him he glanced back to look at Lilith. After studying her for a moment he quickly realized that she was comparing him to his brother. He often put up with this when people looked at the two brothers when they were together. When he was younger Cadas didn't really mind this but after a while it got old and became annoying. He knew that if not for the age difference most people would probably assume them to be twins. "I'm not my brother." he said bitterly to her, actually sounding more angry than he had meant to. He quickly turned his head around to hide his embarrassment and sped up for a moment to make even more distance.

Cadas felt bad about the fact that he had been rude to Lilith but his pride wouldn't let him apologize for what he had done. Instead he decided to change the subject. "The town ahead is much busier than the last. It's bigger, mostly because of the amount of danger nearby so more mercenaries come. They need a place to stay so more inns are needed, they make more money and the town gets bigger." he explained. He wasn't quite sure why he explained the basics of basics to her but he figured it was a defense mechanism to keep her mind occupied so she couldn't say anything about what he had said before.

Lilith flushed in red when Cadas turned around and met her eyes but that instantly died down when he snapped at her. She scoffed and crossed her arms as she angrily looked away. How the hell did he know I was doing that? She murmured to him in spite, "Of course you're not your brother. At least he was better company."

She was irritated that Cadas would even get annoyed by such a small thing. It should be natural, since he and Silvius were siblings after all. On the other hand, what probably angered her the most was that she wasn't observing him to find similarities. In fact, she was trying to find what made Cadas stand out. A crappy attitude is for one. She thought to herself as she pouted for being yelled at and ignored what he was saying to her.

"Anyway," She angrily said aloud to him, "I'm assuming we're stopping at this town. I hope you have money. I need something to hide my face when I get to Brimstone. Oh, and I need to pick up some supplies as well." Lilith paused and dropped her arms as she jogged up to Cadas and smirked at him. "You're paying for that as well. That includes the inn, also I need to see a blacksmith for my scythe, stop by an apothecary, and lastly, a tailor." She smiled at him, a odd expression for Lilith, "This is to make up for forcing me to protect you." She laughed, finding it quite amusing as they neared closer to the town.

Cadas had to restrain himself from snapping at Lilith even further then had already done so far. "Well maybe i would be better company if you were nicer, not everyone can be as tolerant as Silvius." He said to her in his mind. Generally he was a nicer person but the type of person she was just got on his nerves. This reminded him of the saying that the same type of people couldn't get along but he quickly brushed the thought aside. "There's no way in hell i'm anything like her." he said obviously trying to convince himself of that. He tried thinking of things that were bad about her but nothing came up except for things that could be easily set aside for certain reasons.

Lilith was obviously angry at Cadas for the way he had acted earlier and he couldn't help but feel bad for it. He didn't know what to say however. After her bad attitude becoming worse than usual he doubted that she would appreciate any form of an apology. She seemed like a child the way she acted but also far more dangerous than one. The way she could kill with no hesitation at all, or at least of what he could tell, and the fact he wasn't sure how sane she was didn't help either. Although these things came to mind he still couldn't say that she was a bad person.

Cadas soon took back that statement however once began listing her demands. He took a deep breathe before answering everything she had said. "Yes, we are stopping at the town. Yes, I have money. I'll pay as long as the supplies are reasonable and they have decent prices...." He was running out of breathe so he took another breathe "...Same to the inn, were not going to be to do that, i'm running low on medical supplies anyways, and finally; yes, but nothing expensive." He finished obviously out of breathe. He said it all quickly so she had little time to work with to interrupt and he had to do so with the air being stored in his lungs not being unlimited. Lilith had a nice smile but unfortunately she only used it for her own diabolic purposes. "Were not going to the blacksmith since it's in fine shape and if i have any say in it, we will hardly use it." he said not looking for any form of fighting even if she couldn't kill. "You came along of your own free will so i have no reason to make something up to you." He said pointing out the fault in her logic, or what seemed to be one if you looked at it from a certain angle. "We'll find something to cover your face, although what is up to you. May i suggest a mask to hide your face from the innocents?" he said jokingly, a grin playing on his face.

Lilith did certainly look more than above average but there was no way in hell Cadas would let her know that. It was easy to imagine the idiot mercenaries acting the same way they had, less desperate however, if she was a bit nicer. She was definitely the type to attract attention so he agreed with the fact that she would need something to cover her face. He had no idea what would work though. Most people that wear things over their face often end up attracting even more attention than before. He would have to leave it up to Lilith to figure out what to do about that, it was her fault anyways for the problem.

"If we end up spending too much here, i'll have to find some jobs for some extra coin. It would be nice if you would help out if it comes to that but i doubt you will." Cadas advised her while also trying to annoy her at the same time. It would also give him extra time to plan things out some more, as usual his plan was to make things up as they came along. He still wasn't sure how he was conversing with a demon, which most people feared, so easily. He thought that it was probably the fact that she looked like a human that made things either. The full shock that she wasn't human hadn't hit him until she had transformed into....whatever that was, which was only a while ago.

The town had almost snuck up on Cadas while he was busy with his thoughts, although he avoided that because of the size of the place. "Welcome to the town of Draclyn, home to mercenaries, thugs, merchants, and now for a short stay, a demon. We would like to remind you to keep yourself from torturing, maiming, crippling, or causing pain to any of the citizens." He said acting as if this was a tourist destination while also managing to pull out a joke by keeping his voice happy-sounding. While trying to keep in mind the fact that he could be killed at any moment now, he surveyed the area.

Draclyn, compared to the town from before actually was quite filled with life, merchants calling out for others to visit their stores, People yell, mostly drunks though, Citizens going from place to place, the smell of food flowing through the air, and the dark alleyways filled with thugs that would steal anything you had if you weren't careful. Cadas hadn't been here long but he already preferred the place to most, minus the thugs that is. The structure of the city was also much better, market areas, eateries, and inns were all separated into their own building areas. Luckily this town actually had used stone for the buildings so he was fairly sure Lilith couldn't destroy it that easily. After inspecting the area he turned to face Lilith. "So where are we off to now?" he questioned, not sure where to head to first.

Reactions: azure_night
Her smile dropped a bit as she realized she wasn't going to get everything she had demanded for. What use to me if you don't even have something simple as abundant coin in your pocket? As much as she wanted to, she refrained from making the comment aloud, being that it seemed Cadas was already annoyed. On the other hand, she enjoyed watching him get irritated, it was the only way she could take pleasure in the company of a human after all. That and their screams of mercy right unto their ultimate death.

Lilith gaped at the town that came into view, the strings of humans moving about had literally sent her in a rush of nervousness. She didn't quite hear Cadas' remark that she had chosen to stay and began to falter in her steps, her brows furrowed in worry. Unlike Cadas, Lilith was well aware they were in the town as loud shouts almost screamed in her ear yelling, "Get yer fish ere'! Wonderful herbs! Look at this luxurious cotton miss!" As much as she wanted to fume in anger by the pushy merchants and rude humans that shouldered her out the way to get by, the smell was the worst for her. The swarms of meat, decaying fish, ghastly odors from the poor, and the strong stench of perfume had swirled around her nostrils. Brimstone compared to Draclyn was a large gap of class. At least there she didn't have to worry about smells, from where she had attacked anyhow, the area was definitely far from the slums.

She felt dizzy from everything, she tried her best to keep her wits about her but the shoving and pushing was making it very hard to keep focus. Hurriedly, she glanced at Cadas when he turned to her, eyes wide and lost, searching for something, anything, to relieve the stress she was feeling now. She couldn't believe that humans lived so near to each other, breathing in each others' atmosphere so close you could take in all their gasses and aromas. A hard push came from behind and Lilith couldn't help but to fall towards Cadas. She paled and grabbed onto him for support, that way the both of them wouldn't fall on the ground. The ground was worse than the humans stench, she definitely did not want to land on it with her skin touching and grazing it.

Lilith tried hard not breathe, snippets of air from her lips every now and then but the fumes were just too much even in small inhalations. Her grip tightened on Cadas as she whispered. "Get. Me. Out. Of. Here." She felt embarrassed, once again asking for his aid, especially in something so trivial. Although, what else could she have done in a situation like this? Take our her scythe and kill everyone? Oh, how she loathed every living being near her now and she would have loved to see this part of the town bleed and bodies lying about hacked in pieces. At least the blood of the human wasn't sickening, the smell of iron had become something she took pleasure in. The Order of course would have her head immediately at the moment of a deadly attack to anyone, rendering the option of killing these people useless and forbidden for now.

She looked up at Cadas, her eyes shimmering in red and then gray. They were pleading for him to take her, before she would kill or possibly faint. The latter she certainly did not wish to happen. He would never let her live it down and torture her with the shameful display. As if right now what she was doing wasn't shameful enough, it was better than being dead by the Order and fainting in the arms of a human. Lilith had no choice, her whole being had froze up on her. This was certainly not the turnout she had expected.

When Cadas turned around he had expected to be punched dragged, or to get stuck in another argument. This however was not the case, Lilith looked like her brain couldn't process all that was going on. She was drifting off in her own world, with eyes open so wide you would think she just saw a ghost. The people of the town were getting annoyed by the fact that they had to keep moving out of the way of the idiot girl just standing there. If not for the fact that he was from the country, he himself would judge her to be from it, in awe of what she was seeing. In the process she got shoved over by one of the more rude citizens. He was about to yell at the man but had to refrain from doing so as Lilith was tripping from the shove. Luckily she grabbed onto him on her way down so she didn't land flat on her face. She was actually lighter than he had expected, hiding the fact that she had immense strength within that tiny body.

Lilith looked like she was trying to hold her breathe but also survive at the same time. It was an interesting sight to see for sure but Cadas wasn't quite to make sure of it. She told him to get her out of here but the way she said it, he wasn't sure whether it was an order. He was confused as to why she wanted to leave so suddenly when they just gotten there but before he knew it he had already nodded to her in agreement. He wanted to scream out at himself in protest after all the problems she had caused but he also understood. She wanted to leave for some reason, she was causing a scene, this was embarrassing, and he was pretty sure Lilith would kill everyone because of this embarrassing spectacle.

"Fine, lets go." Cadas said, but not before letting out a groan of dissatisfaction. He started moving for a moment but he didn't get anywhere. Lilith was holding onto him still and it didn't look like she had any intention of letting go. Either that or she couldn't. He tried to keep calm but his face was showing that he was embarrassed and had no idea how to deal with the situation. The only idea that was in his head was idiotic and even more embarrassing than this. Seeing as they were attracting more eyes either staying here or going through with it were both bad. "Why am i put through this kind of stuff?" he questioned himself before letting out one final. "You can kill me after this is done, trust me i'll want it by the time were done." He said warning her before he began.

Cadas grabbed Lilith's legs and back and then proceeded to carry her princess. "This is the easiest way." he said trying to convince her, although it seemed like he was trying to convince himself the most. "Kill me now." was repeated inside his many times but he ignored it for now. This scene attracted even more attention than before and this time the crowd began cheering, whistling, and clapping. He couldn't see his face at the time but he was pretty sure it was between anger and embarrassment. "Go to hell already!" he yelled at them inside his head. Cadas quickly began walking away as fast as he could away from the town carrying the demon in the process. As he thought Lilith was lighter than he expected but this did not comfort him at all now. He decided to ignore all complaints that would come out of this.

As the cheering of the crowd began to fade Cadas set down Lilith as carefully once he believed them to be far out enough. After this began he quickly fell down onto his back, out of relief and exhaustion from what had just occurred. This demon always knew how to make things interesting but he was pretty sure he wanted a normal life back now. Ever since she had shown up things had been weird. He felt like pointing this out to her but he restrained himself from doings o. He was already knocking on death's door and he didn't feel like making things any worse for himself than he had already done.

Lilith yelped in surprise and wrapped her arms tightly around Cadas as she felt her feet lift off the ground and the arms wrap underneath her legs. Her face flushed in red, thinking to herself, "What the hell is he doing? I told him to get me out of here! Not pick me up in such an humiliating way!" Before she could start screaming obscenities, the jeers and catcalls stopped her for doing so, and only made her even redder and angrier than ever before. She shut her mouth and looked down, trying to hide the embarrassment. She knew the minute he got her out of there, Cadas would definitely pay for it.

She closed her eyes and let the warmth of her face give her some type of comfort as he carried her way. Her sickness instantly disappeared when Cadas began heading out of the city. She wanted to forget what was happening immediately but found herself actually growing to like this odd predicament. Lilith was furious of course, picking her up without her consent seemed demeaning to her. On the other hand, Silvius has never done this to her. He knew how she was, how she enjoyed her space, and to never surprise her. Or he would face the wrath of her impending fury would be the case. Lilith didn't feel like that though being in Cadas' arms. For once, she felt safe and comforted.

She snapped her eyes open as another burning blush flashed across her face. "What the Ancients am I thinking?! Is this.. chivalry?!" She thought to herself in disgust that she had let herself feel that way. To have given herself into the emotion of a distressed human being wanting to be rescued, it was surely an absurd idea to her. Her eyes wondered up though, to Cadas' face, it seemed he too was agitated by this as well, looking to falter from it at anytime. His grips on her were strong though and he kept her close to his chest, making sure she wouldn't fall or accidentally drop her. Lilith gulped hard and was about to stammer something out but was interrupted by his halt and letting her down to the ground once again.

Lilith looked away at anything but not Cadas, as she heard him plop to the ground. She breathed in heavily and breathed out as she felt the breeze flow through her purple hair and the sweet decadent taste of fresh air tingle in her lungs. She smiled, her pale pink lips turning upwards as she put her hands behind her back. The air here certainly was much better than in the city, she certainly believed there's no way she could go back now. Her smile dropped and she cleared her throat.

There was a moment of silence before she spoke and then she turned to Cadas, frowning. "I didn't like what you did there." She said, hoping it didn't sound too whiny. Though it was the truth, for the most part, she didn't like it. Lilith did not make any eye contact and kept looking off to the distance and paused before thinking. A thank you wasn't something she definitely didn't want to say but she had to say something. Anything. "At least," She began, "I'm out of the city." Before over thinking it, she reached into her pocket and grabbed a small coin purse out. She opened it up and grabbed a large golden coin out and threw it next to Cadas. She put the purse back and straightened up. "That's a demon coin. Very valuable and usable in your cities. Most of the time demon hunters would come across these and use them as currency. Surprisingly this coin is worth naught in my realm. You'd make better use of it than I." She glared at Cadas before he could interrupt, "Reason why I didn't tell you before is that I didn't know if you were one to be greedy when it came to money. Think of this as.. gratification for what you did."

Lilith sighed and looked at the city that was a few feet away from them. "I can't come in with you.. The smells are too intoxicating. All I ask for is some bread, herbal ingredients, and a cloak of some sort. I'll wait here." She grimaced, the idea of being alone again sounded strange. Was she getting too used to his company now? She shook her head. Cadas definitely needed to go. The stench certainly had messed with her thinking.

He sighed in relief from being able to relax after all that. He himself was not used to large places himself but he didn't expect this type of reaction. After a moment of silence, which in his opinion didn't last long enough, Lilith spoke up. "Well i didn't hear any complaints." He said with a grin after sitting up, although he knew she didn't. He began to question her on what happened but stopped himself, what had happened there was out of the ordinary for her, or of what he knew of her. Unless she told him why, he was pretty sure he shouldn't ask what happened. After showing her relief of exiting the city she reached into her pocket, grabbed some sort of purse, and threw a coin in his random direction. After explaining what in the world it is, it seemed that it was a token of gratitude but she didn't tell him earlier because she didn't trust him. "I'm not sure how i should take that. At least shes warming up to me i suppose." he thought to himself after hearing her thoughts on her trust towards him. He took the coin from off the ground and studied it for a moment. It looked like a normal gold coin but had some odd marks on it, he assumed this was used as a way to distinguish it from the humans form of currency. He pondered for a moment on what to do with it unsure of what he would use it for.

"Thanks, but i'll only use it on one condition; it's spent on things you need." Answered Cadas after giving it some thought. The thanks was nice but he didn't really think he needed any nor did he need this large amount of money either. Apparently she could stand the smell of the city for some reason. He wanted to question further on the subject but he just answered himself with the thought that it was probably because she was a demon. "Bread, ingredients, cloak, got it." he repeated out loud and nodded showing that he understood. He noticed that she wasn't too happy with the idea that she couldn't go with him but he had no idea why. Maybe it was something having to do with her pride. "Don't worry, i won't run off, i don't have a death wish. I'll be back as soon as i can." he said trying to keep her from worrying. With that he got up, dusted off his pants, gave one last glance in Lilith's direction and he was off.

Cadas repeated Lilith's list in his head as well as trying to keep his mind on what he would have to buy also. All the while he had to ignore the stares that were coming his direction from the people that had seen the two together earlier. "Great, i had hoped these people would have moved on by now." he thought to himself annoyed. He had wanted to try and take a different route through the city than he had before but he didn't know the place very well. For now he would have to look around to find anything. The stares were more annoying than embarrassing this time, seeing as the demon was no longer in his arms. Eventually he found a bakery, the sign as well as the smell were dead giveaways. After opening the door he noticed that nobody was looking at him other than a qucick glance to see who entered. "Thank god" he thought to himself. He guessed not as many people saw them as he believed. Wanting to keep the trend of not standing out he used his regular money. It wasn't that he didn't want to use the coin but he figured he was going to have a hard time explaining it to whoever he paid.

Cadas paid the man minding the shop for three loaves of bread and was off. The stares by then had faded and were no longer interested in him, this made him happy. The rest of the supply gathering was as easy as ever and within a short amount of time he had gathered it all. The only thing that got him was the cloak. It was reasonable as the temperature was becoming colder but it covered more than usual. Cadas had guessed that this had been used by the bandit before the merchant had gotten a hold of this He came up with an excuse however that it was for a friend that was sensitive to the cold. As much as he hated to admit it lying was actually something he was good, it would probably prove useful on his travels in the future with Lilith. It's seemed around the womans size and it was brown, a color that would attract less attention than brown, so he took it. After taking one final look around he noticed the inn.

Inns were things that Cadas hated to pay a large amount of money for. They usually charged a fair amount, he had a decent amount of money but it wasn't constant, and he spent hardly any time there. This usually made him cheap when it came to them. The place was well built managing two stories instead of one, and actually looked pretty nice on the inside. He would have to check with Lilith on the matter of staying though. She didn't seem to like the smell of the town and he didn't know whether she could manage to make it here and be able to stand it also. He decided to question her about it after he got back.

Cadas made his way back to the outside of the town to meet with Lilith once again. Traveling around never bothered him but walking around a lot and making no progress anywhere did. So he wasn't exactly happy. This however did not drastically affect his mood so unless further irritation happened he wouldn't be in a bad mood. "One loaf of bread for you madam." he said motioning for her to take it. "There's an inn inside that cheap considering everything." he explained to her. "We can stay there or out here tonight, either way it doesn't matter to me." he continued unsure if she would be able to handle another trip inside.

Lilith had nothing to say and watched Cadas leave and go toward the city. Sighing she plopped to the ground onto her knees and began to massage her temples. Her brows were furrowed and she frowned, as her eyes tightly closed from frustration. "That's right Lilith. Get yourself together. What are these pathetic emotions for? Why are you acting like this?" She made a groaning sound as her face tightened even more. "High class demon Lilith, feared across the lands because of her merciless killings. What would the Elder Eiren think of you now? Traveling with another human once again? Remember when you did that two years ago and how you came back with your heart full of sorrow? That look of disappointment the Elder had..."

She dropped her arms down her side, her face loosened and her eyes were once again opened. She looked down at the ruffles of her dress, some of it tattering now from the wear. She gritted her teeth together as she pushed the thoughts out of her head. What did she care of what other demons thought of her? What of Elder Eiren who had raised her and then threw her away as if she was nothing? Why did she need to feel she must live up to his high expectations? Lilith knew all too well, demons were selfish. They never did any good for others and if they did, it was for their own benefit. She fell into that category easily. She realized, painfully, the reason she chose to stay was because Cadas looked like Silvius. Having Cadas' save her, sounded like divine retribution for being unable to save Silvius' that fateful day. Lilith knew, all she needed really was closure.

Lilith felt nauseous almost as if she was going to throw up by her contemplation. This was sickening, disturbing, and found it entirely ridiculous. What a terrible predicament she was in! She frowned and thought to herself, "What would Silvius tell me at this time?" As much as she didn't want to let herself look back into the past, it was necessary. She was in a crisis and she couldn't help but want to rely on anything, anyone to get out of it.

She looked up as she heard footsteps in the distance. She saw Cadas' figure heading towards her, so she decided to stand up and wipe off the dirt from her dress. Lilith didn't realize how long she had been thinking for until she noticed that Cadas' was returning. She patiently waited for him, oddly feeling despondent. She said nothing as she grabbed the loaf of bread from him and stared down at it deeply in thought. She heard Cadas' clearly when he asked if she wanted to stay in the inn or out here. Honestly, Lilith wanted very much so to sleep in a warm bed once again but the idea wasn't a pleasant one.

Lilith tore a piece of the bread and ate it slowly as she grumbled a reply. Not really any words more like a growl of refusal, but she gulped her small piece of food down and spoke clearer this time. "I think, I'll stay here tonight. I'll go back into some part of the wood and camp." A pause as she gave Cadas a once over, her eyes watching his movements. "You should stay at the inn. I feel like being by myself." Her words were honest, a bitter feeling she got from stating it, but Lilith understood it needed to be done.

Not looking into his eyes, her voice came out, and before Lilith realized what she was saying it was too late. "Cadas, you're an interesting man. Saving my life after I've treated you so horribly and even now, accompanying you like this, you hardly find me a nuisance and I've never heard you once say you didn't want me here." She paused, her voice was trembling as she spoke and took a moment to calm herself. "After my debt is repaid, I can't wait for this odd journey to be over with." She gave him a stern look, "In the meantime, I rather we not be on good terms or even dare to try to get closer to one another." She let her words linger in the air, and let him think about what she said. Lilith found herself even more humiliated to say such personal things about the two of them, but it had to be done. "Or else.. I may just end up killing him for just being so nice to me. I don't deserve this cruel benevolence. Not again." Indeed, it seemed to be the same fate as when she met Silvius, just even more twisted than ever before. Though Lilith would never bring that to her own conclusion. It was just too much of a headache to ponder on and too painful to think of what could become of next.

Lilith took the bread from Cadas and almost immediately started eating it. This however was a problem as she also tried to give him a reply which ended up sounding like gibberish. He actually found it amusing and was somewhat disappointed when she actually decided to swallow after a large amount was in her mouth. "How ladylike..." he thought to himself seeing her manners. Cadas nodded in agreement, though not liking it. It did make sense, most people wan't alone time once in a while and he was pretty sure she didn't want to go through the smell of the town again. "I'm not sure how she made it through other towns." he wondered to himself seeing as she had to been to other places before. He wasn't certain whether she would stick around or not but he thought she was pretty prideful so she would keep her word.

Before Cadas knew it however Lilith had started talking about him. "Interesting?" was the only question he managed to get out of his mind in it's confused state. He stood there pondering for a moment his feelings towards her. "Before whe i saved you, you didn't exactly come off as a nice person; ignoring me, referring to me as human, threatening to kill me..." his voice trailed off as he realized he was going off subject and wasn't exactly being flattering. "Anyways, you definitely were the kindest person i know but you didn't seem like a bad person either." he explained. "Besides i couldn't just sit there and let you die, especially if you didn't do anything wrong." he said trying to show her his point of view, although not knowing how to word it.

"As for finding you a nuisance I never said you weren't" Cadas said grinning towards Lilith. "All jokes aside though, you really haven't done anything to be nuisance. It's actually kinda nice to have you around, you make things fun." He explained. His mind instantly questioned him on how in the world fighting off demons, a giant bear, and carrying her around were fun at all, he however ignored it. The happy mood was soon killed off like and crashed like a bird who had just been shot by an arrow. "Forgot about her bad personality there for a moment. "Nothing's wrong with trying to get along with each other, like I said i have no problem with you and if i'm bothering you without know you just have to say so, I don't wan't to make you angry." He said honestly. He wasn't quite sure why even though he found her to be bothersome, he thought of her as a friend. All he was sure of was that he didn't want to lose Lilith as a friend.

All his life Cadas had never really had many friends. When he did it was mostly just someone to talk to more than anything. People never really shared the same interests of him or talked to him because they wanted to. It was just simply to waste time. He wasn't one to talk however as he did the same thing. He had his reasons however even though it sounded like an excuse. More than often it was also to get close to his brother. This often caused him to have trust issues.

Days, weeks, months, and then years passed like this. The same old process as usual. He didn't feel like he was alive in that small town, he just simply existed. Being able to be seen but not mattering. Once he had finally left he had actually started to feel like he was alive. Having a goal, doing whatever he could to fulfill it. He had even met Lilith on the way, as annoying as she was he liked being around her, it felt like she was actually talking t ohim for the purpose of finding out more about him than for the sake of it. The thought that the one he had saved was actually saving him was quite the irony. Now she felt like cutting any ties to him. Cadas certainly didn't like the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
She stared at him, astonished by his words. Lilith was just about to think once again, how much Cadas was really like Silvius but she stopped that thought instantly. "No, Silvius wouldn't be so blatantly honest. He would always beat around the bush, and was never a man to say what was on his mind. The only thing he said truthfully was when he confessed to me.." Lilith sighed after Cadas was finished speaking and chuckled softly, thinking that every time she'd make a point, he would go against her and argue. To think, there was actually someone in the world who knew how to say no to her.

Lilith raised her hand and waved him away. "Enough. I don't want to talk any longer." She looked up at the sky, seeing the red and orange colors swirl, the sunset had come pretty fast and soon it would be night. If she was going to be on her own, now would be the best time to find a good sleeping area in the forest. She glanced at Cadas warily, knowing how stubborn he was and could see already he was starting to argue once again. Before he could interrupt, she said to him, "I'll be fine on my own. Go back to the city, I don't need your assistance any further from here. Ah, I'll be taking that cloak from you. Hold onto those ingredients." She snatched the cloak out of his hands and then gave him a final warning glare, to let him know that she was serious on being alone and if he followed her, he should expect to be scolded.

Without another word, she turned away from him and took another bite of her bread. She chewed it as she wrapped the cloak around her and briskly walked away from him, trying to further the distance between the two. She knew she would feel lonely but that was only due to her dependency on Cadas. For being alone so long was a normal feeling for her and having Cadas by her side for these few days had actually started to become routine, in the short amount of time. She frowned, not liking how easily swayed she could be.

Lilith had already finished her bread by the time she got back to the opening of the forest. The sun was beginning to fade and night was creeping up quickly. She scanned the area of the forest as she walked in, making sure she was completely alone. She then glanced at the trees, trying to find a good spot to rest. Even though Lilith hasn't been out in the human realm in a couple of years until just a few days ago, she knew how to survive on her own. She strayed away from sleeping in human towns from time to time, so sleeping outside wasn't a huge deal.

She ventured further into the forest and finally came upon a much shaded area, but with wide trees covered in leaves. If there was any rain that night, she would be sheltered enough. Lilith sat down next to one of the trees on the grass and leaned her back to it. The air was chilly but the cloak had surprisingly kept her warm. She wrapped herself within it, liking how big it was and brought her knees up to her chin, sighing deeply as she felt a wave of exhaustion. Lilith closed her eyes, letting sleep welcome her.

Cadas had to restrain a laugh when he saw the way Lilith. looked at him. She had obviously not expected that, though he didn't expect it himself. The look of pure astonishment was a new look for her and was quite amusing. He was surprised by the reaction however, it was confusing to try and understand why she would react that way. He guessed that she hadn't exactly been one to have many friends who enjoy her company, which he understood well himself. Lilith let out a sigh and then a chuckle. Cadas took that as a sign of defeat and laughing at the odd situation there were in. He did not know this for sure but sometimes it was better to be blissfully ignorant. That and the fact he didn't want to face the consequences of asking.

Eventually though, Lilith shooed Cadas away because she no longer wished to converse with him. His feelings on this matter were mixed but his body won in the argument against his pride. His body had already told him it was getting late and his eyes only confirmed that suspicion. He still felt like continuing even with all that considered but she showed signs of weariness as well and told him she would be fine. She also grabbed the cloak he had been holding onto until then quiclky and left the medical supplies to him. Maybe as some form of showing that she wasn't going to run off? There didn't seem to be any ulterior motive but it still seemed odd. She gave him one last glare and he finally decided to surrender, holding his arms up in defeat. He had already risked his life by arguing with her and going any further now would just be suicidal.

Within moments Lilith's figure disappeared as she made her way off deeper into the forest. "Hopefully she doesn't get lost, that and i hope i can find her in the morning," Cadas thought to himself as he watched her go. "Oh well, i suppose things will work out somehow." he thought trying to look on the bright side of things, though mostly due to not having enough energy to care. After taking one last look at the direction where the demon woman went he made his way back to the city. "Today has been a long day." he muttered to himself as he walked slowly. Things had become interesting the moment Lilith appeared, whether for the better or not, he was not sure.

Before Cadas had even realized it Lilith had become a big part of his life. His only companion on his way to save his brother, someone he could talk to, he wasn't quite sure how it had all happened. One moment she was threatening his life, the next they were getting along, in a way that is. God certainly had a sense of humor, pairing the two up together. The fact that he still had to use the him saving her life to make her travel along with him still bothered him though. It was the only way though, he also had no chance if he ran into trouble without her. He relied on Lilith far too much for his own good.

After Cadas finally made it into town he noticed that it was quieter and less crowded than before. He thought he could mention it to Lilith but he decided not to, she seemed like she wanted some time to herself. He figured this was normal seeing as she didn't exactly seem like a people person and they had just started traveling together. Given a couple minutes he finally made his way into the inn. As he suspected Mercenaries were lounging around and was fairly busy. After paying for his room, which was on the second floor he immediately headed there. Heights were not Cadas' strong point so he didn't exactly like sleeping on the second story of the building but his tiredness outweighed his fear so he kept going anyways. Any other day and he would have argued with the man who minded the place. but today he had enough arguing.

Opening the door the room, it was as Cadas had expected, nicer than most town inns. It was cleaner than most and actually had some nice looking furniture around. The bed called out to him and he answered without even giving it a second thought. It was soft and it definitely wouldn't be hard to fall asleep in. He however thought about Lilith sleeping in the woods and felt bad. This however did not last to long as he closed his eyes. He hoped that he could sleep for a long time but he knew he had to leave early. Wishes that one knew would never be answered never hurt though. His consciousness faded quickly and soon he was snoring lightly.

The raindrop softly hit her cheek as she opened her eyes slowly, awakened by the patters of the rain that fell on the leaves which slipped and splattered onto the ground. It was raining heavily but Lilith had stayed perfectly dry underneath her cloak along with the protection of the trees. She looked up, the sky was a bit dark, even with the clouds shadowing the sun. It seemed that Lilith had awoken early. She sighed as she stood up and stretched her arms and legs out, feeling the tension of her muscles loosen from the stiffness of staying in a crouching position for so long.

She raised the hood of the cloak up over her purple hair, slightly dampened from the few drops that hit her, and scanned the area once again to see if she was alone. After observing that there was no one in sight, she wrapped the cloak around her, feeling a bit cold from the rain and began to head back to the trail leading to the city. She knew that Cadas was probably not awake yet, which also meant that the civilians weren't awake either. She mulled over the thought, deciding if now would be an okay time to enter the city and find Cadas. Then again, she had no idea what inn he stayed at and found it'd be best just to wait near the gates.

Lilith was happy to see the familiar dirt path come into view and began to walk along it, her steps quickened. She wanted to get out of plain sight quickly as possible. She heard hooves off in the distance though and she tensed up, cursing under her breath that even this early someone was traveling along just like her. She brought the hood down lower, trying to hide her face as best as she could and moved a bit far off the path, that way she wasn't in the way when the carriage would pass her. The carriage caught up to her eventually, she heard the neigh of the horse getting louder and the rickety carriage squeaking closer as the whip hit warm flesh to get the beast to speed up a bit.

Before the carriage had passed her and before Lilith could feel at ease once again, she heard a hard tap on the carriage door, the coachman pulled the reigns immediately and the horse neighed in protest but stopped anyhow in their tracks. A bit surprised by this random turn of events, curiously, she turned toward the carriage which halted besides her. Her face was hidden well beneath the cloak but her gray eyes coldly watched the window of the coach open and a human face had appeared.

He had long parted red hair reaching down to his shoulders, a fairly attractive man but Lilith disliked his freckles, finding that they were like specs of dirt or blood permanently protruding on one's countenance. He was obviously a noble or someone of high importance, his clothing was of the finest garb and it even looked like he was dressed to go to a ball. A smile flashed across his face and his green eyes glinted down toward her. He appeared friendly, maybe a bit too friendly for Lilith's tastes, and she wanted to puke at the sight of such an expression.

"A little lamb lost out in this dreadful rain? My oh my, lady luck has shined upon me today, even with being able to only see those glorious eyes behind that cloak of yours, I can tell you are quite the beauty!" The man had exclaimed. He leaned a bit farther out towards the window and propped up an elbow while putting his chin upon his hand. He smiled amusingly at her and waited for a response.

Lilith only stared at him back with her fists clenched and teeth grinding in fury. "Did.. he .. just call me a lamb? Now I definitely want to kill you!" She raged in her thoughts but held her tongue from doing so. There was no way she was going to respond to such a brutish man nor give him the time of day. She tore her eyes away from him and scoffed. Lilith continued on her way but not before hearing a small laugh come from the man. He whistled and slowly the carriage began to follow behind her. Her hands flicked in annoyance but she ignored him otherwise.

"My name, dearest lady," He began to say as the carriage pulled up next to her, "is Sir Athras the High Elder of Zar. Your name is Lilith Astrickh, the most feared demon bounty hunter and warrior I presume?" Lilith stopped walking and stood silent for a moment. Did she hear what she just heard? The High Elder of Zar from the demon city capital? Anxious for a second, she turned slowly toward him and pushed her hood down as she warily eyed him. She was astonished that she wasn't able to sense him, especially someone who had immense demonic power such as he. To also look so human in the way he did, Elders' were good at disguises, she knew that, but this Elder had surpassed that ability and mastered it. She knew he had to be using some type of powerful magic to hide under such an illusion.

She realized that she was staring at him and quickly looked down, she bowed slightly to him as acknowledgement for his status. He laughed loudly as he watched her and opened the carriage door. Dressed in a luxurious black suit from head to toe, he stretched his lean arm out and his palm towards Lilith. Lilith stared at the hand before her, pale white and free of any calluses or scars from hard work, the perfection of a human body imitated. She found herself looking back up into the eyes of the Elder, now glowing in a deep blue, feeling herself become entranced, she heard him softly speak to her in their language. "Come, dearest Lilith. We must discuss a few things." Lilith had lost all control of her body and like a puppet on strings, her arm rose up, shaking from her refusing will but nevertheless her hand was on top of his own. He gripped it softly and gleamed at her. Lilith felt a knot in her stomach, these strange events were not just going to end, were they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cadas found himself looking up towards the open and blue sky filled with fluffy clouds as usual. The sun was hitting his face hard, to the point where he felt like he would die of dehydration. "Summer already huh? Time sure does go by fast..." he told himself as he recalled that it was winter just a short time ago. "..Or at least thats what i'd like to say." he finished his sentence. Things were as slow as ever with the repeated pattern of his life. They had just felt slower since Silvius' death and he felt like he had never left that moment of despair since then. "Will things ever change? he asked himself unsure of an answer. He waited for a response from something or someone but got nothing. He looked at the farm about half a mile ahead of him. It was a medium sized place, crops, chickens, cows, The buildings made of wood. This was the only world he knew, probably the only world he would know. This was the depressing though that went through his mind as he gazed ahead emotionless. "I suppose i should head back..." he said knowing he should. Even though he knew he would have to he just wanted to stay out here forever, with his thoughts and dream world where everything seemed more alive. His body succumbed to the idea that he had to and he slowly made his way back.

One moment the world around Cadas was calm, peaceful, and boring, but that changed all to quickly. The next thing he knew he saw Silvius and Lilith standing next to each other, looking towards him. He knew for sure who Silvius was but the Woman next to him he didn't know, or more he shouldn't know. He did however, her name was Lilith, a rude, anti-social, aggressive, possibly insane, beautiful, and deadly demon. "A dream." He said sighing. The two figures nodded in reply to his statement and the colorful world around him soon changed to just the color white, disappearing as if it was being burned away by a white flame. The only things left intact were him, Silvius, and Lilith. That did not last though as Silvius soon began to fade though.

Cadas wanted to shout for Silvius not to go, not to die, but he knew this was the reality of things. Silvius was dead, the only thing that could change that fact was if he saved him from the path. He let the figure fade, even if it was just a dream it still hurt his heart all the same. "We'll save him." he said seemingly to himself but consciously or not it had also been directed towards Lilith. Her figure automatically denied the fact by shaking its head "No, you will." it seemed to say. He already knew that she would leave the moment his life was saved, that was the way things were, nothing would change that. He let out a sigh and looked towards Lilith, she was already fading away however. He would end up alone, most likely dead also if he kept acting this way. He shook the thoughts from his mind and decided that he should wake up. "1..2..3..4..5" he counted down in his mind after closing his eyes. This was always how he woke himself up from dreams and it would most likely continue that way.

When Cadas opened his eyes he was stuck looking at the ceiling of his room in the inn. It was quite dark out but he couldn't tell what time it could be since it was dark out from clouds. He sat there for a while trying to get his mind in order. The only sounds that he heard the whole time were the occasional tapping of footsteps and the sound of rain hitting the roof. "Talk about a crappy start to a day." His voice surprising himself for a moment when it broke the quietness of the inn. He got up slowly and after taking a quick stretch went towards the window to get an idea of the time. The rain was coming down pretty lightly but it was enough to keep the ground wet and most of the buildings nearby still showed no signs of life. "Must still be early in the morning." he thought to himself. With that he made his way out of his room. After making his way down the steps he was met with a quiet room only with the inn keeper seeming to be the only thing living in the proximity. "Mornin'" he greeted the man while nodding towards him. The man seemed to be in his late 50's, had short hair, and was of average looks and weight. Cadas quickly made his way over and told the man that he was heading out. Generally he would have went back to sleep but after the dream he just wanted to group back up with Lilith and get out of this town already.

"Leaving so early?" the old man questioned Cadas. "Yeah, I wan't to get to Brimstone as fast as i can." He said ignoring his real reasons while also not lying at the same time. "Ah, traveling with the one you love, i'm envious." The man said while sighing. "The one you love?" Cadas echoed back confused by what the man had said. "Yeah! Some guys came in earlier and told me about how you were traveling with a woman and when she tripped you carried her off all heroic and such. Why didn't you come in with her?" the old man explained and then began questioning. Cadas could only stand there in confusion and shock staring at the man. Had the two really looked like that to others he wondered. He had too sit there for a moment watching the old man stare at him awkwardly as he tried thinking of an excuse. "She had some business to attend to the next town back which she forgot to handle." Cadas lied while also trying to keep himself from gowing even further red than he had already grown. He quickly made his way out before he could be questioned any further on the subject. He would have told the truth but it would be complicated to explain how he ended up on a quest to save his brother from death with a demon woman.

It was decently dark out and the rain along with the lack of people outside at the time seemed to make the town's atmosphere depressing. Cadas wasn't too bothered by rain but he held his right arm over his head for the sake of doing so. It made him feel like he was getting less wet than he actually was and it helped him ignore the random timings of the droplets coming down. It was a moderate temperature outside but the rain felt like liquid ice on his skin which had been huddled inside a group of blankets only minutes earlier. The dirt road leading out of the town was outlined more than usual from the rain that was making it darker. He followed the wet trail for a minute or two until reaching the gate out. Once there however, he was met with an odd sight, although somewhat normal compared to what he had experienced in the past few days. A carriage was parked a bit outside of town and two silhouettes were off in the distance, one inside the previously mentioned carriage.

Cadas had to stand there for a moment to understand what in the world was sitting in front of him. Upon closer inspection one of the figures, the man inside the carriage seemed to be in his twenty or thirties with red hair poking out a little as his head was extended a bit outside the window. He could not tell anything about the other person from this distance as they were in a cloak. Before he had known what he was doing he was already moving towards the carriage, his curiosity had gotten the better of him. As he drifted closer Cadas was soon shocked to find out that the cloaked figure was actually Lilith. He was surprised even further she began bowing towards the man. In all the time that Cadas had known Lilith not once had she showed respect excluding the times when she thanked him, now she was bowing to this random man he had never seen before. He did certainly have an air of nobility to him but once again that didn't explain why she was bowing of all things.

Lillith soon took the man's hand and looked as if she was about to go off somewhere. "Lilith?" he questioned unconsciously while apparently being within earshot now. The man's expression almost immediately turned to that of annoyance and turned his attention towards Cadas. "Ah yes the human, I almost forgot about him." The man said, his tone between annoyance and boredom while also adding in some venom to the word human." Lilith my dear, you must find better pets, this one is so scrawny and seems to have a will of it's own still. I also heard that you had some bad luck with your last one also." He continued, making Cadas thoroughly annoyed in the process. Who the bastard is was no longer of any importance to Cadas anymore, the only thing on his mind was kicking this guy's ass, hard. "You see human, I am taking your master away to talk for a bit, i know you have a hard time understanding this but please use your brain, no matter how hard it is." The man continued to insult him even further, by now Cadas already figured out that he wasn't human. That fact did still not stop him from thinking of the many ways he could murder him. The man continued to look at Cadas for a bit, expecting him to leave, his expectations were not fulfilled as his Cadas did not do as he asked. Lilith, could you please tell that animal to leave? I hate using my magic on such undeserving vermin." He questioned Lilith, although it sounded more like an order from Cadas' perspective.

Reactions: azure_night
Status
Not open for further replies.