The Path of Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked up at Cadas when he spoke to her, and nodded while getting herself to stand up. She breathed in the fresh air, welcoming it deep into her lungs. She glanced at Cadas, and looked away. "Thank you." She murmured.

Lilith didn't have a clue of what to do next, she couldn't very well even think of going to the Spirit realm, being that she was no longer welcomed there either. The human realm wasn't something she would like to stay at as well but it seemed it was her only choice. Lucky for her she could pass as a human easily, but the thought of living amongst them made her sick to her stomach.

She stared at Cadas as she focused on what to do next. "Don't you have a home?" She asked of him. Expecting a simple yes would do perfectly fine, and was willing to deal with his company furthermore if that meant she wouldn't entirely be lost in this realm. To be quite honest, she was curious of him, resembling Silvius from physical appearance to even a bit of his personality. Though, Silvius was much older and more mature, even though he was a bit too cheerful every now and then. She worried a bit at such similarities and that it would continue to bring painful memories but she had nowhere else to look to.

Cadas looked up in shock as he heard what Lilith had said? "Did i hear that right? Did she just thank me?" he questioned his own sanity. "I must be dreaming, that's what is going on." he tried convincing himself. For the short amount of time he knew her, he found out she was rude, violent, anti-social, and never thanked anyone. With all that in mind he had just heard her say "thank you" to him. "You're welcome." he managed to say while hiding his shock.

Cadas was yet again surprised by Lilith's question. He didn't expect her to be curious about his life in the least but seeing as she had just lost her "home" if you could call it that, it did make sense. He took a moment to ponder about his home. He had left quickly after hearing about the path's defenses weakening. He had obviously notified his parents of his leaving although he didn't really stay to hear their opinion on the matter. They all knew the risk and that it was probably a suicide attempt but he had to take the chance. Everything seemed so...normal. When his brother had left to become a mercenary the family had to adjust to the fact that the oldest son was no longer around. As you would imagine they did over time. He didn't just stop visiting but they weren't very frequent, once a month although sometimes every other month depending on the situation. The stays were short however so they didn't leave much impact.

Once they found out about his brother's death however things just went on as normal. The only difference was they no longer saw him. He knew that his parents were grieving in their own was for the loss of their son but he couldn't help but feel annoyed. Things just felt like Silvius had never existed in the first place. He couldn't help but be bothered by the fact that things went on like usual. So once he heard the news he quickly rushed off without thinking about it much. Food, water, shelter, danger, time, money, he had to take these all into account on his journey. "I suppose." was his simple answer to her question after pondering for a couple moments. He knew it was vague but he didn't even know himself. The place where he grew up had always been his home but once his brother was gone things had changed. That "home" was now a place that haunted him with memories of happy time growing up with his brother.

Deciding it was best to try and keep his mind off the subject he shook the thoughts out of his mind and got up. "I'm starting to feel hungry, what about you? he asked trying to keep as good a fake smile as he could on his face. Whether he had succeeded in fooling her he highly doubted but it was worth a shot. "Here i am calling other people cowards and here i am running away myself." The depressing thought ran through his mind. He quickly told himself to shut up before stretching.

"You suppose?" She questioned him while watching him warily. She sighed, thinking to herself that maybe asking for a place to stay for a bit was a bad idea. She cringed at his smile and answered back snappily, "No. I'm not. Though you humans need it most of the time to keep your strength, isn't that so?"

Lilith looked at her surroundings, they were still a bit far off from the town and going back there wasn't a pleasant idea. She didn't know much of the area but she was certain there were some animals close by in the forest they could possible capture. She grimaced at the thought of eating the flesh of it, the taste more to her disliking. Though, Lilith found it necessary now, in case Cadas would grow hungry later.

"Let's find something for you then." She said and began to walk deeper into the forest lazily, not caring if she did happen to scare off prey. She went silent for a moment and spoke up, her curiosity getting the best of her. "Silvius.. never said a word about me I'm assuming?" She understood telling his family that he was in love with a demon wasn't something easily brought up in a conversation over dinner, though she honestly believed he would have told someone or anyone. Trying hard not to sulk of being kept a secret, she quickened her steps so that she was ahead of him.

"Now shes back to normal, great." he thought to himself, somewhat regretting not taking advantage of the moment where she was nicer. "Yep, without we can't stay alive for very long." he told her of humans. "Demons can survive without eating or drinking?" he asked, curious of how that was possible. Random thoughts popped into his head as to how she could sustain herself but he dismissed most of them as probably not being how. Looking back he probably could have chosen a better subject to bring up but his his reasoning had been defeated by the might of his hunger. Any place that served food was nowhere nearby and she had seemed agitated by the comment. He would say that she should forget about it and they should do something else instead but he thought that would make her even more annoyed.

Even if Lilith had said that she would find him food she didn't really seem like she meant it. She easily walked by all forms of food that he could of eaten but he voiced no complaint. His body however wanted to but he threatened it i fit did so he would punch it. Although it seemed illogical it kept his mind off of things and actually worked surprisingly. Lilith was quiet for a while after saying so until finally working up the courage to ask him about his brother mentioning her. He tried to recall whether or not he had ever mentioned her before but Cadas wasn't sure himself. "Ah!" he exclaimed as he finally remembered something. "He mentioned you in one of his letters, i just didn't recognize you as he described you as...." his voice trailed off trying to look for the right words so he wouldn't get killed at that spot. "Less aggressive than what i think of you ." He said. He didn't know a better way to put it than that without completely lying. "Not that you're a bad person, you're just different than i imagined you." he quickly said trying to cover his ass, although meaning what he had said. "That and the fact he didn't mention you were really strong and a demon." He added. He understood why though, writing home to the family and telling thme that you fell in love with a demon didn't exactly sound like a normal thing. At least to him he thought, taking his brother's personality into account he probably thought it was reasonable. Cadas didn't have much problem with that fact but he imagined it would be a different story with his parents.

Lilith smiled a bit and was relieved to know at least she was brought up one point of time. Though her smile disappeared as she tried to hide it, responding to what he said. "He obviously had you fooled to begin with. No matter, it doesn't mean anything to me anyhow." She stopped in her tracks as she saw an animal a few feet away from them. She pointed at the animal and looked at Cadas.

"There's your food. Now get it and eat." She sternly looked at him as she said this, and brought her arm down. She walked over to a tree and jumped, high enough to grab one of the branches and pull herself up on to it. As she moved into a comfortable position she shouted down to Cadas. "I'll be up here, and watch you from here. If you get into trouble, I'll come save you." A smirk flashed across her face. "That way I can repay you for what you've done today."

She could see pretty well into the clearing and even through the brush. The animal, Lilith was able to ascertain it was a small deer, was munching on the grass besides its feet. She narrowed her eyes and yawned, thinking it wouldn't take him too long to capture it and waited until he was done.

Cadas couldn't help but smile a bit as he saw a smile of relief on Lilith's face. This quickly dissipated as she began to feign indifference to the matter. "You should really be more honest, you're as easy to read as a book anyways." he advised her. He knew that this was a slight risk to his health but he did have a point. He definitely knew that she wasn't as heartless as she had seemed in the beginning. Realizing this he could easily see past her act, that is when she was acting. His eyes followed the place where she had pointed out a deer ahead.

"Very funny." Cadas said sarcastically. He glared at her for a moment trying to act angry but it didn't last long as he broke into a grin. As annoyed by the comment he was, he had to admit it was a pretty good joke. "You don't have to worry about paying me back." he pointed out to her. He had certainly saved her life, he knew that much, but he didn't really feel like he needed to be payed back either.

Luckily, the two were far enough away that the poor creature didn't hear the talk of it's future as Cadas' lunch. He quickly made way to a nearby bush. He let out a groan, not loud but audible, he didn't like killing deer. They were so cute and harmless. He weighed his options, let the creature go and be happy but get scolded by Lilith or kill it and be unhappy. Cadas took out his bow from his bag along with an arrow. Put arrow in, pull back, let go, he followed these steps. The arrow flew threw the air and missed the animal by about a foot. Obviously he had missed on purpose, he could easily hit a target sitting still with a good amount of accuracy but he wasn't going to tell Lilith that. He looked up at Lilith in the trees trying his best to imitate one of his embarrassed smiles but he didn't know how accurately he had done it. "I could always get some food in town." he offered as an alternative.

Disappointment obviously was shown on Lilith's face, seeing that he had missed and watched the deer run off happily alive. "Food is food!" She yelled to him as she shook her head. When he heard his alternative when he came back, she had to scoff at such an idea. "You can very well go get some. I have no need to go. I'll wait here until you come back."

Lilith glared at him, "You better not abandon me or I swear I will hunt you down and make your life like a living hell." She then motioned him to go away, growing tired of speaking to him and wanted to nap while he left. "Go now, and hurry up."

She scooted down the branch towards the trunk, and moved her legs over so it was laying on the tree. Leaning her back against the trunk, she yawned, crossed her arms, and closed them. She began humming to herself as she rested, though the song itself didn't seem that very soothing with the minor tones she was doing. Nevertheless, she was at ease.

"I know food is food but its just a poor innocent deer, it wouldn't give much meat anyways. Cadas argued although he knew it wasn't very convincing. He once again wondered how she survived but didn't bother saying anything. "You're sure you don't wan't to come?" he questioned but he already knew the answer. He wanted to ask her anyways to be nice. "Other than avoiding a living hell you can create for me, i would have no reason to abandon you." He said not understanding why she was so paranoid. "You don't want me to abandon you but you want me to leave now." pointing out the hole in her statement, he couldn't help but sigh.

"Just try not to fall asleep up there." Cadas told Lilith in his mind, not bothering to nag her out loud. Taking one last look at the woman who was somehow relaxed in the trees her turned and headed off for town. The walk to town was long and grueling, his body still sore from it's previous exertion. He groaned, regretting to not shooting the deer, that had been what caused all this. He didn't regret the fact of not shooting it however the fact that he had to walk even more was what he regretted.

The area surrounding the the outside of the town was covered in a good amount of forest but stopped once he had crossed the border. The difference between the human and demon's territory were quite drastic. The demon's area was quite forested showing little to no signs of life except for the giant fortress rising to the sky. The humans however had little amount of trees only being filled with grassland, dirt trails, and the city in the distance. After a fair amount of time he soon made his way into town. He didn't exactly blend in being covered in scratches and having some parts of his clothes shredded. Cadas didn't notice this fact until he noticed that people were staring at him and he started wondering why.

He couldn't really do much about that fact so he just ignored the stares, however annoying they were. He soon found a place to eat that and had his fill of food. The price was decent for the amount he got, although he did feel he did eat a bit too much. He thought about getting Lilith some food but realized it would be pointless seeing as she probably wouldn't eat it anyways and it would go cold, causing it to taste worse or go bad. After finishing his business, if he could call it that, he quickly made his way back to Lilith's location. After the break and filling himself up with food the journey hadn't been as bad as the first time.

"I'm back!" Cadas called out as he made his way back to the area he had been at before. Luckily he had observed the area before leaving and hadn't gotten lost on his way back. Lilith would have definitely either get mad at him for that or laugh at him because of it. Either scenario he disliked. After a short glance around he noticed her. "Have a nice rest?" he asked still confused by the fact she could have rested in the tree before.

She opened up one eye after hearing Cadas leave and watched him disappear within the trees. She smiled and dug into her pockets to pull out a small brown satchel. It was very worn, with strings tied all around it to keep whatever was in it from falling out. Lilith began to untie the strings and removed the material that was covering a rectangular shape inside.

Lilith sighed and looked at it. It was bread it seemed like, full of nuts and raisins. Hard to the touch and probably harder to bite into, Lilith had no problem with that and began to happily eat it. The truth of it was, Lilith was a vegetarian but she definitely didn't want Cadas to know about that. Lucky enough, demons were able to go without eating for days if it came down to it, their stamina was abundant.

She ate down to half of it and wiped her mouth. Lilith wrapped it up and tied it up tightly. As she put it into her pocket she noticed something cold and smooth. She pulled out the necklace that Cadas had given to her the day before. She eyed it warily, the silver shard bouncing off light and every now and then blinding her with the gleam. She sighed and leaned back to the trunk as her hand went down. What on earth am I doing?

Lilith began to feel disgusted. A prideful and powerful demon such as herself, fallen to the seams in the matter of two days. It made her fume with frustration. She couldn't believe that she was now relying on a human, the very thing that empowers her hatred and determination to rid the world. To make matters worse, he had actually saved her life and every bone in her body wanted to resist repaying him back but she couldn't bring herself to it. As heartless as she thought she was, she couldn't come to terms the true reason she was sticking around was because of that.

She stared off into space as the burdens began to get heavier and heavier. Her heart sunk with dread, for ever stepping foot outside the border. Snapping out of it, Lilith sat straight back up, her eye catching something. Her brows furrowed and swore she saw a silver strand of hair floating around near a tree. She shook her head, thinking it was her imagination. Even so, she continued looking at the spot.

Minutes went by and she never lifted her eyes from it. Lilith was so focused she didn't even notice Cadas coming back and from hearing his shout, she almost fell out of the tree surprised. "Damn you Cadas!" She exclaimed, a glare flickering across her face as she looked down at him. She scoffed at him as she looked at the spot again, still empty. "It was fine."

Lilith jumped down from the tree and landed on her feet effortlessly, gripping the necklace that was still in her hand so it wouldn't fall out. "Tell me, have you ever seen a spirit before?"

"What the hell did i do?!" Cadas shot back quickly. The first thing Lilith did when he got back was yell at him. He was now regretting the fact that he came back. Not really though, this seemed to be her usual way of things with her and he didn't want to experience a living hell. "Did she wake on the wrong side of the branch or something?" he wondered, not sure for the reason of her foul mood. He quickly took a step back to avoid any falling demons that were coming down, although he didn't need to as she landed a fair ways away from him. As she landed he noticed something shine in her hand. It was the necklace he had given her, although why he was not sure. "Odd...." was the only thought that went through his head before he was met with her question.

"Spirits?" he repeated, this time as a question however. "Yeah i've seen them before." he answered, though he wasn't sure why she had asked. He had seen spirits before but had never actually interacted with one. He was either too busy, nervous, or was not interested with them at the time. He quickly glanced around the area but he saw nothing? He didn't see any spirits so the idea that one was around was thrown out the window. Not sure though he asked anyways "Why did you see one?"

"Hmmm." Lilith scanned the forest quickly, ignoring Cadas' question and put the necklace into her pocket, hoping he hadn't noticed. The light was slowly starting to fade from the clouds, making it harder for her to see anything. "Spirits are annoying." She said in a loud voice, assuming there was something listening to them. "They go on and on and on about their life they used to have. The worst thing in the world is having one of them follow you." She smirked, seeing the silver hair reappearing from behind a tree. She silently walked over to the figure as she continued to talk.

"The last time a spirit followed me, I used the rest of their essence to do some blood magic. Spirits." She stopped in front of the tree and saw a hand move away from the trunk, a small gasp coming from it. "Are perfect for that sort of thing." She fell silently as she stared at the tree with intensity. Lilith flicked her wrist, her scythe came out, and she cut it down before her.

The tree fell to the side from the slanted slice, making a loud thump and dust full of dirt puff up. The dust subsided and in place of what used to be a tree was a spirit, looked to be a man, with long hair reaching all the way down to the floor. His body was completely translucent, giving a sheen of white and silver, depending on how you look at him. There were no eyes or mouth, nor a neck. The rest of his body seemed to ebb away at the slightest touch from the wind or whenever he moved.

"Tch. A lowly spirit too." Lilith sneered at him and backed up, as if she was repulsed by the thing being in her presence.

Cadas eyed Lilith, unsure of what she was doing. His answer was served to him on a golden platter as she said that spirits were annoying in a voice higher than usual. "Great shes taunting the spirit..." he thought to himself. Unsure of whether the things she said were serious or just being used in a taunting manner Cadas just shut up. He didn't want to be annoying by defending spirits if she didn't mean it but still wanted to do so anyways. He followed her gaze and it met with a focus on a certain tree in the area. "So it's over there huh?" he questioned himself, although already knowing the answer. The blood magic comment had thrown him off though. "Blood magic, lovely." he thought to himself sarcastically. He had never been a fan of the idea or the magic itself. The thought of it being used on the spirit just bothered him even more. He quickly reminded himself that this was all an act and could apologize later to the spirit in question afterwards. Following close behind Lilith, Cadas soon saw a bit of the spirit himself.

In a matter of moments the tree that had been standing there a second earlier was sliced in half and the remaining bits turned to dust and were floating in the air. Cadas couldn't help but stand there with his mouth agape at the ridiculous scene. He was going to voice his opinion on whether that was really necessary but his head instantly replied "yes" in Lilith's voice. If that was the answer if would have been a no, but she felt like it anyways. Thats what he imagined her responses would be anyways from the personality she had showed him. He knew however there was much he did not know of the woman but he decided to go with these thoughts anyways. After the remains floated away he was met with the sight of the spirit. The general look of one, but however this one had extremely long hair. He though of asking the spirit how it got so long but decided it was a stupid question and knew Lilith didn't like stupid questions.

With all these thoughts going through his head Cadas only managed to get a couple words out. "I'm terribly sorry about her." he apologized to the spirit for his companion's behavior. After then saying that he prepared for scythe slash that would possibly come in his direction.

Her hand flew again in the air and so did the scythe, gone once again to hiding. She shot a glare at Cadas. Apologizing? Really now? She said to him in her head as she tried to pass the message over through her eyes. Lilith then turned back to the spirit and crossed her arms. As she stared down at him, she leaned toward him watching him cringe from her being so close. "You need.." She began to say, as her eyes went up and down on him. "A haircut." Lilith straightened back up and nodded at her statement. The spirit however didn't think so.

It howled and wailed, and flew all around Cadas and Lilith making the tree leaves shake and fall down by the sudden gust of wind. Lilith watched and followed his movements, unamused. The spirit finally began to speak, more like scream, "It's not my fault! I died like this! Why did you have to bring it up? Why!? My face! My hair! My face!" And so on he continued to repeat and whine. Lilith sighed and pointed at the spirit while looking at Cadas. "This is why spirits are so annoying. Completely sensitive. Tch."

Watching as Lilith's scythe disappeared Cadas quickly felt relieved. "thank god for no second deaths." he thought to himself. Although he said that he soon felt that a first death would approach if he wasn't careful. He quickly received a look that probably meant something like "Really? You're apologizing for me?" or something of the sort. He quickly shot back his own look. "Well you did almost kill him again, from either scare or scythe." he tried conveying the message to her, although he doubted she would understand that all too easily. The haircut was good advise however the spirit didn't like advise however.

Cadas soon understood why she didn't like spirits. He was thankful he had never talked to spirits because of this moment. The spirit flew around the two faster than he could keep his eyes on. All the time he was also making a sound between a cry and howl that would come between an unknown monster. He agreed that the man/spirit needed a haircut but hew didn't dare voice his opinion as he feared it would only make things worse than they already were. "She had no intention of making you feel bad, she was only trying to help." he continued "You already look so nice, we just wanted to help and make you look even better. If you did that women would be able to get keep themselves off you." he said hoping flattery would work to help calm the man.

"Really?!" The spirit exclaimed as it stopped abruptly between Lilith and Cadas. The wind disappeared in an instant, the leaves luckily were not all shaken off from the circling and the spirit now was facing Cadas. It began to gleefully move side to side, happily saying, "I look nice he says! Eee! No one's every said I look nice! I feel so loved!" The spirit moved closer to Cadas, the rest of his body ebbing in and out. "You're so pretty looking! Can I have you? Hmm? Hmm?"

Lilith twitched at the request and angrily stared at the spirit. "Why you!" She stuck a hand inside the translucent body, a shriek blurting out from it. "Enough with this! What the hell do you want damn it?!" Her eyes were glowing red as her hand grasped whatever was inside the body. The spirit on the other hand only shrieked more, it's painful screaming hurting the ear drums of Lilith and making her patience thin. "Shut up! Shut up! Before I use that essence to my liking!" Lilith warned him as she tightened on her grasp.

The warning definitely didn't go over the spirit, he began to quietly whimper but was now finally calm from the outburst. "Okay.. I actually didn't want to speak to you." He said as he turned toward her. Lilith narrowed her eyes at him obviously offended but instead said, "Who did you come here to talk to?"

It shifted it's flowing body back to Cadas and Lilith followed his gaze to him as well. She sighed and let her hand go free from the middle of the spirit and wiped her hand roughly on her dress. "Go on then. Speak."

The body shivered as Lilith removed her hand and it rushed to Cadas' side in an instant. "I've seen your face! Very pretty indeed! His face is also pretty and white. Still intact, so so lovely!" It blabbered on as he excitedly began to circle Cadas. "He talks about you a lot! He says you'll save him!" The spirit ceased it's circling and faced Cadas, the silver hair flowing back down into place from all the excitement.

Lilith watched and listened to the conversation, a bit curious about what the spirit had to say. Hmm, Silvius? She knew it was possible that Silvius was a spirit now, though his death seemed to be satisfactory, no doubts or regrets, there was no point for him to stay longer and spend the rest of the days as a wondering phantom. He was most likely on the Path or in the spirit realm. Yet, this spirit, seemed to have met him. Impossible.

"Ah ah! I know what you are thinking great demon Lilith!" He pointed out to her, snapping her out of her thoughts. "I tell you! Silvius! He is no spirit, he is not dead nor living. He is in-between! We spirits look at him with awe of how he could be!"

Lilith's eyes widened at the news, this was the first she has ever heard of such a thing. Trying to keep her composure, she asked of him, "So, what exactly are you telling us spirit?"

It giggled, happy to see that Lilith was interested as well. "He can't leave the Path! No no, there is a special way to do so but we don't know what that is. What I am telling you is this! He can be brought back to life in his own regular form!"

She tried hard not to gape at him, she tried hard not to gasp, she tried hard not let her heart begin to quickly pound from excitement, but in the end, she couldn't resist laughing hysterically from such an idea. Lilith laughed and laughed, a grin from ear to ear across her face, her loudness getting the best of her and she leaned forward slapping her thigh from such a thought. "Brought," She breathed, chuckling to herself as she tried to breathe, "back?" Her laugh finally fading away, she frowned and paused for a second. Her eyes flickered coldly at the spirit who fearfully retreated behind Cadas.

"Spare me such idiotic allegations." She scowled at him as she spoke. "Silvius is dead. And that's that. Besides, the Order damn well wouldn't allow a spirit coming back from the dead into their own form. Blood magic or not, it is something forbidden. He'll be dead if he ever tried to."

Cadas paused for a moment unsure if he had heard what the spirit had said correctly. "Did it just say that i was pretty and wanted to know i it could have me?" he questioned himself and his hearing. Just to double check he looked over to Lilith to make sure. Unfortunately before he could ask she had already taken a strong....hold? On the spirit. His first question was "Why can she touch it?" and the second was "Why is she getting mad?" both these questions flew through his mind. "Oh lovely, shes getting even angrier." he thought sarcastically as he saw her eyes turn blood red. He was unsure of which ensuing noises were more annoying, the screaming or the threatening shouts of death. Cadas couldn't help but pity the poor spirit. It had to deal with the wrath of Lilith, which had learned all too well.

Cadas couldn't help but wan't to punch Lilith for making a stupid question herself. The only other person there was him and they were out in the middle of nowhere. He met the two's gaze with an annoyed wave making them realize that he was still there. Cadas easily put two and two together and realized that the spirit was talking of his brother, Silvius. The one comment about his brother knowing about him going to save him confused him however. Cadas certainly was unsatisfied with his brothers death, but the only reason he had decided to save him was after he heard of the weakening defense around the path. The spirit confused him even further by saying his brother was in-between the living and the dead.

The spirit then went on to tell Cadas that his brother couldn't leave the path but could be brought back in his original form. This raised his hope and also his suspicions at the same time. He was certainly happy with the thought but it also seemed too easy and too convenient that the spirit had somehow found them. He ignored Lilith's laugh and focused on the spirit. "He's already dead anyways, i don't think it will matter if he's killed again anyways." he pointed out. Before saying anything further he glared at Lilith quickly before starting so she knew not to interrupt. He prepared himself to use his nicest tone and best smile before talking to the spirit. "Hey spirit how did you know where to find us and know that we can bring my brother back to his original form. More questions come to mind of how he knew that i would come to save him. You must be so smart to know all this and how to save him. Would you be ever so kind as to tell me all this? He said all this not dropping the smile nor the tone for a single moment. He dared not to as he feared he would get no answers otherwise.

Lilith scoffed and cringed at the way Cadas was speaking. There was obvious loathing and it became stronger when the spirit reacted highly positive to him.

"Oh you are such the sweetest thing! If only I could consume you in whole! Eee!" It spun around Cadas once again as Lilith shook her head. Damn spirits are such gluttons. Though she had to smirk while imagining Cadas being eaten by spirit. The thought of it was amusing even in her own mind.

It stopped once again in front of him though you could clearly see it's happiness as he moved from side to side. "First off, you may call me Lionel! And I'd be so happy to answer your questions my darling!" Lilith cheeks puffed up at that as she tried hard not to vomit in her mouth.

"The rumors about the Order and Lilith have even spread so far, I was able to pick up on it from the spirit realm!" Of course Lilith frowned at that and only shrugged her shoulders, seeing that nothing can be done. "Being in the spirit realm is such a bore, so I ventured around the Path and gossiped with the others. Silvius happened to be part of the group. He got really sad to hear about you Great Demon Lilith." He paused and motioned it's head to look at Lilith. In return she gave a blank stare, finding it unnecessary for her to comment.

Lionel continued. "The most recent spirit that came in was a demon named Razel. Boy oh boy! He was sure angry! He brought up your name and saying how you've been banished from the Fortress of Storms. Oh, and how close he had you killed!" Lilith sighed and put a finger to her temple and began rubbing it, not before saying, "Will you just get on with it? Stop tiptoeing!"

Lionel cringed at her tone and nodded, "The path got really noisy then and Silvius got really angry at him. Last thing Razel said when he saw you, you were bleeding to death but you sure weren't dead since you didn't come right after to the path. So Silvius sent me out on a journey to find you and tell you these things! I'm a spirit from the realm but I can cross over to all of them. Silvius found that fascinating and wanted to put me to good use and tell you that message. But..I don't understand any of what he meant by bringing him back.. He never explained it, only said that it was possible." Lionel drooped a bit, upset he couldn't fully answer all the questions. "I'm so sorry I couldn't tell you everything."

Lilith was displeased, and crossed her arms to show it. "This. Was a huge waste of time."

"I made a terrible mistake" Cadas realized as the spirit went on.....about eating him. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Lilith laughing. This really got under his skin and if she had any sense whatsoever she would know that all his aggression was radiating towards her while he kept his smile on. It was getting hard to keep his act but he endured, even if he wanted to kill himself right then and there. "It's a pleasure to meet you Lionel." He said but the word darling was sending him to breaking point. "You lucky little...." his aggression grew even more as he saw her try to resist puking. "So this is all your fault?!" he wanted to scream but his logical mind prevented him from doing so. He was definitely going to get payback in the future he just didn't know how yet. "Well you can tell him that shes alive." Cadas pointed out. "And please don't come back either." he finished the rest of the sentence in his head. Lilith obviously didn't like talk of her situation as she hurried him to get along to the point. Cadas had been the one who had asked the questions in the first place so he didn't mind the answers.

Cadas was thankful to Lilith for once. That would probably be the only time he would be however. "Obviously he would get angry, the person he loved just got attacked by the demon." he explained to Lionel in his head but didn't bother saying so out loud. "Couldn't you have chose anyone better Silvius?! I'd take Razel back!" he argued with his brother in his mind, losing in fact. Lionel had been the most convenient at the time and he wanted to check on Lilith so obviously he had done so. "So you are completely useless and are only being used to check on Lilith, lovely." Cadas observed commenting in his head. He was annoyed by the fact he couldn't help but feel sorry for the spirit as it looked completely disheartened by not being able to answer. "It's fine you couldn't have possibly known unless he had told you." He said trying to cheer up the spirit. "You should be happy, Silvius was worried about you and now you know that you can bring him back to life. After that Cadas quickly leaned close to the spirit and whispered as low as he could without being inaudible. "As much as she seems mean she just a very lonely person. She misses Silvius so much and she just needs a friend. If you just be nice enough and follow her around enough she will start being nice to you. SHe won't actually do anything bad to you, although i'd try and keep your distance if you can." he told the spirit in a hushed voice. This was his payback and he hoped it would work. If not oh well.

Lionel flared in happiness when Cadas began to reassure him. Over and over he nodded his head, saying, "Yes, yes of course." The two didn't notice Lilith in the background, glaring them down as they spoke in hushed whispers. They also didn't notice her shaking of anger, as she rose one arm and clenched a fist. She sent herself flying towards the two and landed a hit across Cadas' face.

Lionel shrieked and began to hurriedly flutter away from Lilith, finding another hiding spot behind a tree. Lilith brought her arm down, her eyes on fire with rage. "Idiots! I can hear you very well! I am a demon, don't you remember that?!" She turned toward where Lionel was hiding, his body flared from fear. "And you, you little bastard! What the hell was the point of coming all this way to tell us that crap? That gives us no leads!" She pointed at him, shouting even more. "Now what are we suppose to do with that information? I know you know something and you best tell us now or I swear, even with the Order breathing down my back, I shall make good use of that pathetic essence you so harbor!"

"Okay! Okay!" Lionel cried in defeat as he hovered away from his hiding place, still cringing by Lilith's presence. "I.. I'm not suppose to say anything about this.." He stopped a bit as Lilith growled, an obvious warning for him to speak clearly and to tell whatever was on his mind. He whimpered from her scowling. "I heard some humans in the city of Brimstone speaking of going to the path to retrieve their loved ones back to life! It's the gossip nowadays, everywhere I go, they speak of it. You see, the path's defenses are weakening but no one knows why! I swear! But Brimstone is definitely where the gossip began! I can take you, I can lead you there if you wish!"

Frowning Lilith took a moment to think of what she just heard. Brimstone? She furrowed her eyebrows in frustration and dread. The city was known for being the pride home for many humans. The only time she had gone into that territory was for a small scouting mission. Intolerable to all the prejudice and not to mention her uncontrollable hatred for humans, she ended up killing far too many who had brought it upon themselves to challenge her. Thinking of it now, she sighed, remembering that there was a bounty on her head. They knew her face too well and there was no chance she'd be able to even approach the gates without being recognized.

She looked away from the two as she murmured, "I.. can't.. go to Brimstone. They, they don't really like me there.."

Before he knew it Cadas was sent flying through the air, landing on his back, hard. "Demon's have good hearing, got it." he noted for future events hoping he didn't make the same mistake again. "I just said that he came her to check on you..." he told her in his mind but didn't bother risking another punch. Even he was beginning to believe she meant her word when she threatened Lionel. He was confused by the fact that he was hiding something as it had seemed like he had truly told Cadas everything. "Well what do you know.." he managed to spit out as he was getting up. As much as he hated to admit Lilith had good sense with these kind of things.

"He's probably telling the truth this time." Cadas observed. I've heard the same. "It's the whole reason i'm out here after all." he brought to light the reason for his being out here. "Seeing his life is at stake if he is lying and i have no idea of the origin of the rumors, i'd say we can take his word." said trusting Lionel. "Besides if he is you can just torture him." he added. "But that's only if he is." Cadas said knowing there was a high probability she would end up doing so. "We can head out as soon as we get everything we need if we do need anything." He said already ready for the trip. His readiness was however stopped by Lilith's comment on not being able to go. Cadas couldn't help but sigh. The way Lilith put it, things didn't seem like they would be easy over there. "What did you do?" he questioned although he wasn't all too sure if he wanted to know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.