The Path of Kings ~Nakama~ (An Alternate Universe story) The steady drum of rain against the third year classroom's windows acted like a pacifier for an already drowsy young man. The rest of the class was as loud and as energetic as usual, though. Curse words were tossed back and forth so casually and laughter and shouting was in abundance. Of course the teacher had given up trying to teach the lesson about a half an hour ago and was instead just reading a magazine. After all, trying to teach any class at Gushiken Tech was like trying to herd cats. Delinquents. Not exactly every last one of them, but about 99% anyway. The other 1% were unfortunate souls too poor or too stupid to qualify for a better school. But these delinquents were something else. Loud and obnoxious and so abrasive that no one had ever managed to unify the lot of them into even a school gang. Instead, little pockets of friends had formed and they ran around fighting with each other, their leaders continuously trying to stake claim on the title of "The King of G-Tech". Nakano Hidenori had been one of them. Despite all the racket happening around him, that rain was so soothing and it was threatening to put him to sleep. His eyelids hung low, dark brown gaze barely focusing on the glass pane and the stream of water snuggling up to it. A boy normally so animated and rough, this docile behaviour would have seemed unnerving to his classmates if they hadn't already grown accustomed to the change that had been happening over the course of a few months now. It took a lot, these days, to trigger Hidenori's rage mode. And when it happened, the boy hardly held himself back. He was nearly asleep when a rubber bouncy ball pegged him on the back of the head and as it ricocheted off in a random direction, all noise ceased in the classroom as if it had been sucked away but a vacuum. Hide's eyes fluttered open and slowly he got to his feet, the scraping of his chair legs against the floor loud and somehow frightening. He turned around just as slowly, eyeing the boy who had thrown the ball with a stony face and the promise of murder in his stare. The poor boy didn't even have a chance to stutter out that it was an accident. No, Hidenori was already striding across the classroom, shoving the boy's friends aside when they tried to get in the way. He grabbed hold of the boy's shirt collar with both hands, dragged him away from his desk, pivoted on his heel, and yanked hard, sending the idiot crashing through the classroom door. Yes. Through it. Everyone in the classrooms for that hall were on their feet in an instant because the sound of the door breaking had echoed down the hallway.