IC THREAD: The Passing Earth | IwakuRoleplay.com
Anlem is a medieval land that appears to be suffering from a curse. No one is aware of how or why. Rumor speaks of a court mage felled at the last battle Anlem waged against Kinor, a rival nation defeated roughly 30 years ago. The powerful magician had bitterly placed the curse with her last dying breath, or so they say.
Curse or no, over the past decade the crops have slowly gone sour and the weather has turned for the worst. Long winters, massive floods, earthquakes, plagues and other disasters have become more common. Coin has become sparse and tension is high between the locals. Times are hard and people are more and more forced to look out for themselves.
Our Starting city Portsmouth was once a massive thriving port used for trade. Wealthy merchants and people of influence once occupied the city. They were driven out when a great flood submerged half of Portsmouth. Most went out of business or left after losing their homes. The remnants have fallen to the poor and cutthroat, becoming a hub for criminal activity. Bounty hunters and pickpockets are a common find here. The more clever and adaptable locals have turned to scavenging close islands. They raid the neighboring lands and bring back loot to sell in Anlem. Because of this you can find just about anything your heart desires at a reasonable price. However it would be unwise to let down your guard. The folk here are not kind and you are just as likely to be stabbed in the dark and stripped of your possessions.
A Few Basic Rules:
- This is an open species world but keep your characters humanoid.
- Magic is allowed as long as it doesn't overpower your character. Use common sense. If you are unsure run any abilities by us in OOC.
- Feel free to establish creatures, cultures, NPCs, locations within Anlem and back stories to help flesh out your character and the collaborative world in general.
- Do not control another players character or NPC
- Try not to metagame
- It should be obvious already, but no godmoding
- Minimum post requirement is once a week. If you fail to do so we will just skip your turn. After 2 weeks we will write your character out (unless you leave a notice that you are sick or need to go on vacation or something. Just give us a heads up)
- No shotgun/ machine gunning posting. This means no multiple posts between two players over a short amount of time, before anyone else gets a chance. This also means no one person should be posting between everybody else's turn. It ruins speed and pacing and effectivly pushes other players out of the game.