The Outsiders (Signups CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yuomi:

I think it could be cool if their appearance fluctuates. Like, most of the time they appear as their "body image" (their mental model of what they look like, kinda like Neo in The Matrix had hair and a normal-looking body when he was in the Matrix or the ship's Matrix simulator, even though his head was shaved and his body had the interface jacks "in reality") but sometimes they (or people they appear to!) can see them as their body appeared in death. So, Riane would usually appear as in her picture, but maybe if she sees herself in a mirror, she sees her mangled body, or perhaps if she appears to her loved ones or the bullies from school they'll see her in busted-up mode. The characters who cut their throats or wrists can appear with gaping wounds, etc. Perhaps some "intermediate" stages as well; deathly pale and creepy in various ways.

--reads your latest post--

OK. Will go finish my post now. :)

@Ay-Ex:

I think it would be cool if they could, but not easily, especially at first. Maybe they could appear in people's dreams, or follow them around trying to talk to them, and their loved one could say something like, "It's almost like s/he's here..." (feel their presence, but not hear them). Over time, they could learn to move things, maybe write notes. There could also be the occasional "sensitive" person ("I see dead people...") or medium. If anyone's relatives (or bullies?) are into the occult, they could do something like hold a seance or use a Ouija board, which would (if successful) summon the ghost...

So just to clarify, some of us have just dies correct, and we will wake up as ghost seeing our bodies and what not correct?

Oh, I totally want to have my character, Devon, already have been dead for two years. Just putting that out there.

Will any of our characters have prior interactions after death like "ghost buddies" or will it all just be everyone doesn't know each other?

OMFG I love that idea @Zarko Straadi that way Riane can pretty much scar anyone by showing her corpse appearance >w<

Okay @Ay-Ex I'll watch it :'D And I like that idea as well, would be so much fun if they could so I approve that as well, and what if they could haunt people like showing up when a person is looking in the mirror and when they turn around no one is there? :'D So they can communicate with humans, but not the way of saying "Hi" just different just like Zarko explained nicely~

@Captain Wumbo You will awaken in a strange place, like you just had a nice night's sleep. So no you won't see your corse appearance until you decide to look into a pond or mirror (well at least something that would reflect your appearance so that you could see yourself.

@Cephalo I had actually planned to have Amelia be dead for a year, but since she isn't done and food is happening over here it will have to wait for me :'D

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I posted. I hope it's alright. The way I interpreted "ghost physics" is that a ghost can pass through solid objects (or have solid objects pass through them) with the degree of ease depending on the density of the object. A ghost doesn't pass through the ground (and end up in the center of the Earth) because there's "too much ground" (so that its density becomes impassible), though I did describe the ground as "feeling springy, like walking on a mattress" (because Riane as a ghost is passing through a bit of the ground). I hope that works. If not, let me know and I'll edit.

Reactions: Aiteenti
So everyone newly dead is in their respective cities/please of deaths. The characters who have been dead for a while would be in the city then. Would that mean there'd be a quite a bit of time before everyone get together considering this?

Yeah only if newly dead (if you want to) in the next reply I expect them to be drawn by something that (somewhat) teleports them to the place were the others are, or else it would drag out too much and it would take us no where in this role-play^^"

I had Riane awaken at the scene of her death because I had that scene in my head since I created her. Captain Wumbo's character woke up in a strange place, which might be what we're all supposed to do. :) I'll have her end up "drawn" to where the others are in her next post.

Writing up my post now! Oscar has been dead or maybe a couple of days now^^

I was looking for a gif for Oscar and I found a fitting one xD

5989_503d.gif

Ahhhh, Rory. I still cannot get over the fact that you chose Arthur Darvill as your FC ay-ex. Love it.

Reactions: King
Ahhhh, Rory. I still cannot get over the fact that you chose Arthur Darvill as your FC ay-ex. Love it.

I was waiting for a chance to use him! I thought his face was quite fitting c:

It is, isn't it? Works out wonderfully. Now I just kind of want him to get into fun ghostly shenanigans and I'd just picture sassy, sarcastic Rory doing all of that. Fun times.

I want to say something dumb like, "Be my companion?" but then I realize that Devon would make a terrible Doctor so... Ghostly shenanigans? Alright, more like serious ghostly trauma, but still.

• Love
Reactions: King
Question: Do ghosts dress? Or are they stuck in the outfit they died in?

Yoooo, I posted, if I got something wrong then tell me!

Sorry for disappearing I've been out drinking with some friends^^"
And your post looks very good @Ay-Ex :33
And yes they are stuck in the clothes they died in^^

Oh my gosh... Mine is going to take awhile cause I had about like a long page worth and it deleted.. I'm so angry right now. Ughhh..

I hate it when that happens. If you're not doing so already, it's a good idea to be paranoid and create a "save-spot" document in Word or whatever word processor you have, keep it open, and copy-paste to it whenever you're writing a post. Save regularly, in case the power goes out. That way, you can recover your post. Also, Firefox does "remember" posts sometimes, so you can use the "Back" button or restart the browser (if the deletion happens due to a browser crash).

Status
Not open for further replies.