The Otherverse: Dawn of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
AUGUST 14, 2016
SERVANT SQUAD CAMP

Bravado simply spun around in the air casually as if using the suit was completely natural to him. When Hikari asked him for what to call him he did a flip in the air and replied "I'm still Tyril. But if we're going by Superhero names you can call me Bravado. Not that it's really fitting, cause I never show any Bravado" he added sarcastically.

As Chiaki went on listing each of their powers he simply smirked and retorted "A bit more than a few". But when the question came about what they were going to do now he quickly landed on the ground with a sudden thud, arms stretched out as if he was gloating and he simply announced "The only thing we can do! Be some Big Damn Heroes!". Once the other question came up about coming back to normal though he lowered his arms, shaking his head and simply said "No. You're like this for good kid. But you'll end up loving this, how many people get to be a Hero?".

He then moved towards the outpost, having the security system scan his eye before unlocking for them to enter. As he stepped in he turned back to face the others and said "Well, let's get going. I might be able to fix up some sweet looking suits for you kids".

AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND
@Razilin @Lonewolf888978

Neren, and Sendon as he saw through Neren's eyes, were impressed by their erstwhile comrades' skills. It took a good amount of power to do as Phantom was doing, intercepting and tying the weaver up in close combat. Even Jacob was holding his own, although obviously out of his element. The grenade came at a perfect time, and quicker than could be followed Neren smacked the makeshift explosive so it would lodge in a cut he had made before. Of course, he wasn't going to take the credit for that. As far as they knew, Jacob's grenade blasted a hole in the tentacle wall...

...which allowed Neren to dive through the hole, sever a tentacle that was about to smash Phantom and then twirl, quickly slicing off both of the mobster's arms, making him scream in pain as the tentacles began to whither and die. Then Neren kicked him into the wall, keeping his leg on his chest while Sendon returned to his human form from the spear.

"Ask your questions." Sendon said softly. "We shall ask last.. and then destroy him."

AUGUST 14, 2016
SERVANT SQUAD CAMP

The newly minted Bravado was then met with a disgruntled sigh against his ear drums. It sounded exasperated, bored, and...metallic. Really? Five minutes wearing the suit, and you've already lost your mind. I was hoping you'd be a bit more sensible this time. I've seen you capable, but I guess that'd be boring. Leave it to the Creator to find entertainment in madness.

Still, I suppose it's my fault, this time, the strange voice droned on. It took on a more wistful tone, but it still sounded metallic and elitist. Wiring into your spine must have triggered...an electrical impulse into your brain. Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Yes, Bravado, I'm your suit, it finally concluded. That's what you get for latching on to alien technology. A second voice. Consider me...your voice of reason. Lord knows you've needed that in previous incarnations. But I'm not beyond letting you have a little fun. The voice brightened up and a target appeared on Bravado's face mask, circling around Chiaki's face. As soon as the boy's transformation times out, kill her. She's the real threat here, and you can't take them both at once.

AUGUST 14, 2016
SERVANT SQUAD CAMP

Bravado simply yawned as he stretched his arms out before greeting "There you are old Remnant! I was wondering when you'd say something". He than began to blush when he was called out on his lack of sensibility, he began to sarcastically sway his hips before responding "Oh don't make me blush! I work hard to be both mad and capable! And don't you worry self about being responsible either, it was all in the script!".

Though as soon as the targeting device turned on he turned it right off again and said "Sorry Remy, I can't do that. Civil War isn't anywhere close".

AUGUST 14, 2016
SERVANT SQUAD CAMP

Skull Rider wasn't looking when Bravado started to aim at Chiaki, but turned back after noticing him talking to someone else.

"Who are you talking to, Bravado?" Skull Rider asks. "That suit certainly doesn't look like something with in-built phone applications."

Just then, Skull Rider's belt rematerialized, before the phone starting to blink red. The phone flipped from vertical to horizontal once more, before a flash of light turned Skull Rider into Hikaru once more. The motorbike vanished into shiny, sparkly dust.

The phone pops out of the belt and the belt disappears. "Huh. Wonder what happens if I'm driving and that happens," Hikaru says while checking his phone.

"Recharge time huh? Kinda like those mobile games with a stamina feature. Now, let's see what else I have..."

Skull Rider
COSMIC☆COSMOS
The Merlion
Ayakashi
Captain Parasite
???
???
???
???
???

"Who're these four other guys?" Hikaru ponders. "Nevermind that. The more important question - is Chiaki doing fine now?"

AUGUST 14, 2016
SERVANT SQUAD CAMP

Oh right! Other people could hear him talking to Remy, how would be explain this. Bravado turned to face Hikaru and answered "Just an old friend. Say hi Remy!" before switching his suits audio to speaker mode. Meanwhile he figured he should test if there was a way to communicate to Remnant privately. Only real way he could imagine doing that was to think to himself and hope Remnant picked up the brain signals.

"Row row row your bot gently down the nuke! Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, please don't carbonite me!".

Though once Hiraku asked the question about Chiaki he simply shrugged and stated "She'll be fine. Just needs a little time to get use to her new upgrades... Then she'll be going wild and there won't be a power in the verse to stop us".

"Wait... Scott and the other pussies didn't follow you? Did they?".

Reactions: Razilin
Instantly the speaker switched off again. I'm not talking to them. It feels...impersonal to do so without a face. More fun to just have them think you're insane. Not too far off, really.

The suit lapsed into silence for a while after that. Bravado's words, his mannerisms, his references...they weren't consistent with a schizophrenic. They were consistent with a vocal, sarcastic, viewer of events. The biggest surprise came when Tyril said his name. How did he know him?

Whatever stupidity you've got going on in your head, shut it off. I'm not that integrated, the voice replied with a definite growl. Doesn't matter how many recycles there are, you still talk too much. But if you know me, and you know the events that have happened before, then you must know what will happen to Chiaki. What she'll become. What she'll do.

How she'll die.

And you're telling me you'll sit around and let that happen? That metallic grating on Bravado's ears turned into an outraged growl. The boy is new. At least to the situation. It seems someone wanted new players. But so long as Chiaki is on the stage he'll just become another casualty. The voice stopped, seeming to think for itself for a moment. But maybe I'm wrong. He's a friend of hers. She didn't have those to turn to before. Alright - I'll be silent regarding the fates of your friends. This is a different version. I'd love to see how it goes.

AUGUST 14, 2016
SERVANT SQUAD CAMP

Bravado could only shake his head and tsk at Remnant before saying "Ah well, Telepathy was worth a shot... Hey, maybe I could wire that in.." seeming to be derailed before he shifted himself back and said "Oh! And Chiaki isn't going to die, don't you know that readers hate spoilers? No way in hell is the expected gonna happen... Wait, unless if that's the spoiler... Woah, this is like, you know screw it. You see how it's going to go down is ********** and then ********** with the big *******! And then you become a real boy!".

Though by this point Remnant seemed to have already decided to drop the topic, which Bravado could only mope at and say "Oh fine! Be boring about it why don't ya?". Though at this point he probably should be paying attention to the others, so looking back up at Chiaki and Hiarku he asked "What are you two waiting for? You're already allowed in!".

AUGUST 14, 2016
SERVANT SQUAD CAMP

Chiaki had to admit, she felt a little better. Tyril - Bravado, now - was eccentric enough to make her laugh. After the day they all had, it seemed like she hadn't laughed in ages. She giggled hard enough that it made her stomach hurt and tears well up in her eyes. But with it, came relief. Stress, fear, frustration...all of it melted away beneath Bravado's goofy, possibly even insane, banter and Hikaru's steadfast presence.

"Bravado-san," Chiaki managed to get out as her laughter finally came under control, "I don't understand half of what you're saying...but thank you. I needed that." She beamed cheerily at Hikaru. "And you, too, Hikaru-kun. If the two of you weren't here, I don't know what I'd do!"

She followed her two friends into the camp. "Do you think there's anything on the news about us? And where are the rest of your teammates, Bravado-san? And Hikaru-kun! Do you know what other forms you can turn into?" She managed to catch the glow of his cellphone screen. "I mean, you've got four other forms listed and a bunch that are still locked. I wonder what you have to do to unlock them? Maybe an achievement?"

They walked through the silent hallways of the camp until they arrived at a lounge stocked with food, various beverages, and several flatscreen television sets and computers. Chiaki made herself at home and started making sandwiches for everyone. After feeling down, a little food always made her feel better - and they could all use a snack. It had been a long day, to put it lightly. Plus, she was a good cook.

She turned on one of the nearby TVs to a new station as she prepared lunch.

Sure enough, news crews were already at Kouma, trying to make sense of the disaster that had just been laid upon it....

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND

The interrogation went swiftly. Sam Ebayan had to do his share of intimidation in his wanderings. He'd gone toe to toe - alone - against his share of crime lords, gangsters, and renegade soldiers to know that some men only responded to bigger, badder men. As short as he was, Sam knew how to make himself bigger and badder. He leaned down to get into Varis' face. "The twins just let me have carte blanche with you, scumbag," Sam growled. "We're going to get to know one another very well, very quickly. And you're going to tell us everything you know."

It began with him digging his hand into the stump where Varis' arm used to be. And a scream.

"What's your name, dirtbag?"

"Al V-Varis!"

"Why are you killing girls in town?"

"I-it's just orders."

"Whose?" Another of Sam's fingers goes in. Another scream. "Talk!"

"T-the B-black W-Weaver...."

Sam was relentless. He twisted his fingers within the man's wound. Another wail of agony. "Who is he? Why does he want these girls dead? What does the brand mean?"

Varis continued to cry out. And then...chuckling. "The Black Weaver is j-just t-that...the Black Weaver is. I-it doesn't matter w-who he is...he's strong. Stronger than the rest of you!" he spat. Some flecks of spittle got onto Sam's cheek. Sam dug his hand in deeper. Another cry. "His w-word is l-law! His w-will is l-law! He'll find you, he'll find you!"

Sam glared into his eyes and read pain, fanaticism...and truth. The burly man wasn't kind when he threw Varis onto the ground. He stalked over to Jacob Phantom, Neren, and Sendon. "Seems I'll be sticking with you three for a while longer, until I get more answers. But I'm done with him. At least he's softened up for the rest of you."

Last edited by a moderator:
AUGUST 14, 2016
HUSHCOBB, KANSAS

The little town was set smack dab in the middle of scenic nowhere. Less than eight hundred people to its name, so small it didn't appear on any map, and so unremarkable that even if anyone did get lost enough to drive into the town, they'd drive right back out again without a second thought, this little town made Smallville look like Metropolis.

And it had even more impressive secrets.

In the Alibi, the town's only bar, large numbers sat and enjoyed their lunches, some even partaking in a quick libation to pass the time. It was a slow day, and these people were on break. One of them wore a crisp blue suit and was enjoying a steak sandwich and baked potato along with his Guinness. He hadn't aged too harshly for being in his late thirties, though many working under him silently suspected he dyed his hair. With his mostly youthful face and gold hair he looked like Ryan Reynolds impersonating Donald Trump. Similarities to the latter grew as he looked up at the TV and stopped eating.

"A USO concert at Kouma Base in Japan has been turned upside down by an unexpected explosion. Sources say that a terrorist attack is unlikely, but hasn't been ruled out," the CNN anchor said. "There is no evidence of a direct attack, but there does appear to have been a catastrophic explosion that has decimated the base and split several battleships in two. Sources so far place the blame on a mechanical malfunction and want to discourage anyone from jumping to conclusions."

Good. That was what he wanted, too.

"However, footage from port shows a bizarre flash of light..." The man swore as he saw footage presumably shot by a fan who couldn't get close enough to the concert. A huge blast of mostly white light shot out of the hanger's double doors and tore through the sides. As whoever was holding the camera rushed to safety, the lens caught something that thankfully no one was talking about: just popping out of the flash of light was a figure on a motorcycle jumping from the ship to the dock below and driving away. It was only a matter of time before someone else caught on to it.

He stood up and approached the TV, everyone else falling silent and watching the events unfold. They knew their break was about to be cut prematurely short.

"With 6 confirmed dead and over 70 unaccounted for the search is becoming feverish to find two civilians who were at the base during the event. Japanese teen pop star Chiaki Uzuki - more commonly known by her stage name Magical Musume Melody - and her childhood friend and guest Hikaru Hakozaki are still declared missing..."

The man turned to the bar. "I want a recon team there to inspect this in twenty minutes. I want cover working with A.N.N.I. to dilute resolution of the images. Find out as much as you can. Search words Kouma and USO disaster. Let's move!"

Last edited:
Killshot
Westfield Mall, England

"What about civilians?"
Killshot frowned slightly, though it was hidden behind his helmet. In truth, Drake hadn't accounted for it, the heat of combat and the curiosity of the girls strange aura clouded his mind. They left the small store they took refuge in and traveled deeper into the mall. No doubt the terrorist tracking them were following. Gun fire erupted just up ahead, right around the corner, where his team marked their position as they pursued the terrorist deeper into the mall.

Now that we are here, we will be their main concern. Besides, we need to meet back up with my team, it'll be the safest place for you, and you wont be in harms way when I take out the men following us...
As he spoke, already he could hear the hurried footsteps of the terrorist heading their way, and in any moment they would leave the store and be in firing range. He reloaded his gun and motioned for the girl to take cover.
Can you shoot, or does your, err, condition going to break my gun.
He drew a second pistol, and offered it to her, just as gun fire pelted the cover. He cussed harshly and returned fire blindly from cover. There was three of them, two taking cover behind an overturned vending machine, and the third dashing for cover against the wall. His ears were keen enough to sense all this alone, and he could hear one of the men behind the vending machine reloading.
When I shoot, you run for it. My team should be just around the corner in a food court. Keep your head low and don't look back, I'll be right behind you.
He gave the girl a thumbs up with his glove less hand, and fired his pistol towards the man not in cover. The bullet didn't wasn't meant for him, but for the fire extinguisher he was nearly leaning against. The compressed container exploded, a white smoke screen pouring out from the metal, and shrapnel piercing the man in several places, most importantly through his eye socket.
He felt a pain in his shoulder, a bullet slamming against his arm, and blood squirted from it slightly.

Jacob Phantom
Thailand

The makeshift grenade found its spot, perfectly blowing a whole wide enough for Neren to dive through, cutting through a tentacle that nearly broke a few of Jacobs bones, and skill fully followed through by slicing the tentacle controlling fiends arms clean off. Around them, the tentacles withered and died, and the man screamed in pain.
A flash of light emitting from the spear brought Sendon back to the fray, morphing from the spear into a person. A bit taken back, Phantom stared wide eyed at the two, and took a seat in Vari's chair.
My first question has got to be what the hell kinda power is that? I've never seen anything like that in my life, and I've seen some crazy shit!
He shook his head and smirked, sitting back and drinking from a flask he retrieved in his coat pocket. He sat back as the Skullman questioned the man first, stuffing fingers in the stump of the mans arm. He closed his eyes and grimaced each time the man screamed, and as Sam ended his interrogation, Jacob strode up to the man.
Considering that was bad cop Varis, I suppose I can be good cop. Where are the Greysons?
W-who are they?
He was starting to loss consciousness.
The twins. Victoria and Gale Greyson. Look to be in their twenties, use magic. You know, stuff to do with dark magics.
The man scoffed and spoke quickly.
You're not even here for the Black Weaver are you? They have nothing to do with the Weavers plans! He is a god among men, and when he finds out what you four did to me, you will pay.
I need to know where to find them. Last chance.
The man erupted into mad laughed, clearly going mad at the thought of the Weaver. Jacob sighed and extended a hand towards Varis. He didn't touch him, his fingers several inches from the mans chest. Slowly, a ghostly hand reached for the businessmans body. It looked feminine in nature, and the room grew unnaturally cold. Jacobs eyes glazed over, and the hand pressed against his body. For a moment, the man was motionless, but the next he was screaming in pain. The hand disappeared into the mans body, he pleaded for Jacob to stop, saying quickly.
Dublin! Dublin Ireland! They interfered with the Black Weavers plans there, like you four did today!
Immediately the pale hand retracted back into Jacobs.

Satisfied with the answer, Jacob turned to Sam, Sendon and Neren.
Considering the circumstances, I say this Weaver guy needs to be taken down. We are bound to run into the Greysons if I stick on this case so I'm in. Where to next wonder twins?

Last edited by a moderator:
AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND
@Razilin @Lonewolf888978

"There will be time to explain to you our powers later." Sendon told Jacob as they watched impassively the torture of this 'man'. He wasn't a man, though. Not anymore. He was a monster that deserved to die. Some had called them monsters, but the truth was they would help anyone without a second thought... these weren't people.

Once Phantom was done, Neren stepped up and looked down at him. "Where are our parents? Our family." All they got was a surprisingly sane laugh and phrase. "You were saved for last."

Neren scowled and drove his fist into Varis' chest, destroying the man's heart and killing him instantly, the younger twin trembling. "Every time... every gods-damned time..." he said, trying to stay calm as Sendon looked to the others. "We might as well stay together. There is a certain pattern in what the Weaver does, even if it is not obvious.. you seem to have better connections then we."

AUGUST 14, 2016
WESTFIELD MALL
LONDON, ENGLAND

"We'll be their main concern." Great. That meant all of the attention of these gun-toting lunatics would be centered around her so long as she was near Killshot. Jewel mentally kicked herself for getting involved. She wasn't a soldier! She was a teenage hobo, for Christ's sake! And now here she was getting caught in a very public gun battle.

She took the offered gun like it were a rotten fish, holding it away from her as parts of the casing started to crack. It would probably be good for a shot or two, but after that no one in their right mind would fire the weapon. Jewel wouldn't even fire the weapon right now; as the terrorists began to draw closer she ducked under Killshot and tried to make herself as small as possible. Tears started to well up in her eyes and the sound of ripping seams was missed over the gunfire.

"When I shoot, you run for it. My team should be just around a corner in a food court. Keep your head low and don't look back. I'll be right behind you."

Jewel managed to nod at his instructions, and as soon as he started firing she bolted like a maniac. She ran and ran and didn't dare look back. She rounded the corner and saw the food court. As soon as she was in sight, however, Killshot's soldiers rounded on her and trained their weapons.

"Don't shoot!" she cried and raised her arms. They had paused and so had she, frozen in the middle of the now empty public square. She didn't realize her mistake until a bullet whizzed into her leg. "AAH!"

On contact with her skin the bullet shattered, shrapnel tearing through her jeans and cutting her leg. It was a large wound, but thankfully not very deep. Even so, the surprise of it made her fall to the ground and for her gun to slide way out of her reach. She turned, and three terrorists had somehow cut around Killshot and were now firing at his men. Jewel crawled towards the soldiers, sparing frightful looks back as the men gained ground. Slowly, more men found a way to join them. Then her hand landed on the gun.

She turned around, the weapon held in trembling fingers - and also the wrong way. She'd never shot anything in her life. But they were getting closer. She held the gun sideways, her fingers still not really grabbing tight, and pulled the trigger.

By some miracle, for her that was the perfect position. When she squeezed the entire gun exploded, the fired bullet passing through the middle man's skull and the other two killed by steel and carbon fiber shrapnel. Jewel jumped back as this happened, staring slack-jawed at what she'd just done.

Unfortunately, it wasn't over. That little explosion drew the attention of the other men to her.

Reactions: Razilin
AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND

With Varis dead and the general consensus to stick together established, Sam walked up to the twins. Given his grim interrogation of Varis scant moments before, it was surprising that he laid his other hand - the one he didn't jab into Varis' bloody stump - onto Sendon's shoulder in a gentle and comforting manner. "You kids have been through a lot, huh? Trying to avenge your family. Find closure." He nodded to Jacob. "And you've got your own ghosts, too." A smirk found its way onto his craggy, hard face when he recalled that feminine, ethereal hand Jacob summoned forth to use against Varis. "Looks like that might be literal."

Sam gave his three companions a nod. "Maybe the four of us aren't so different after all. I agree - this Black Weaver is masterminding some nasty shit and Pattaya is just one stop. Let's go find these Greyson twins. We'll be certain to find either the Black Weaver or one of his lieutenants along the way. Varis said the Greysons are in Dublin. As it happens, I know someone who can get us there, no questions asked...."

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND
AN HOUR LATER

"...You wreak havoc on my territory, kill two of my best enforcers in single combat, blow up a fleet of my armored trucks with stuff you stole from a hardware store...and you have the gall to show up at my very doorstep for a favor?"

Sam, Sendon, Neren, and Jacob were surrounded by angry Thai gangsters armed with an assortment of illegally-obtained firearms in the heart of their headquarters. Sam had asked his companions to trust him when he led them here earlier. He brazenly walked up to the front door of the high-rise building and was instantly recognized - as he anticipated. And, just as he also anticipated, he was immediately taken into custody along with the others. Their escort up to the top floor was not kind and involved a lot of roughing up - mainly for intimidation rather than injury. But Sam expected this and coached his newfound friends to stay their hands. After what he witnessed at Varis', he had no doubt the Mentaris twins and Phantom could decimate the entire building's worth of goons...but right now, they needed help, not a kill count.

Now the four of them stood at the top office of the high-rise and the personal manse and home of Wattana Chongrak, one of the few female ganglords in Thailand and certainly one of the more influential. She ostensibly ran a shipping business, but everyone knew it was just a front for a massive smuggling operation, mainly firearms. Wattana was one of the less filthy criminals in the country - at least in Sam's opinion - largely because her weapons tended to go to warzones rather than other gangs and she tyrannically enforced an embargo on the flesh market.

Sam had a few run-ins with her minions since he started taking out criminals in Thailand. He even killed several of her best fighters when they tried to take him down. But he always got the sense that she thought targeting him was a game, that she actually enjoyed the unique challenge of trying to eliminate a single man seemingly capable of putting several large wrenches in Thailand's intricate criminal underworld.

His theory was confirmed over several late night personal encounters with the vivacious Thai ganglord, when she let her professional interest in him turn far more amorous.

He suspected that this show of power was just that - a show. At least, that was his hope. He never really was that good at reading women....

"Wattana, you could try to kill me here and now over past...altercations...." Sam began, "...or you could help me and my friends get out of town and be rid of me forever without a drop of bloodshed."

"What makes you think I'd like to get rid of you without making you bleed?" she shot back.

"Because you already heard about what happened at Varis'," he said simply. He was reasonably certain that that firefight had already hit the rumor mill. An hour was plenty of time for news to travel in the criminal underworld. "And you know I wouldn't come barging in without a backup plan."

He and Wattana held hard gazes before she finally lifted a hand. Every gun trained on the four visitors suddenly returned to their holsters. Wattana crossed her long, silky legs in a manner that made her slinky dark-green dress slip to reveal a little more curvy thigh. With an almost bored look, she relented, "You did save me the hassle of sending my enforcers to deal with that slave-trading prick. Unlike you, he has no respect for human life. Excuse me, had."

"His business was right on the edge of your territory," Sam said. "I figured you weren't going to be too happy about it. Glad we were able to help."

Wattana read his sarcasm instantly. "I'm sure you were, Skullman, I'm sure you were." She raised a crisp eyebrow at his companions.

Sam obliged an introduction. "My new friends: Sendon and Neren Metaris and Detective Jacob Phantom. They're from out of town. We're looking into Varis' employer. Our latest lead puts the trail in Dublin. I'm not sure about the others, but I certainly don't have any passport or other legal identification to get there. And we certainly don't have the money for a ticket...."

"I'm sure you could've figured out a way, Skullman," Wattana said in an alluring drawl. "You were always very...good with your hands." Her tone then switched back into one that was more professional. She clapped her hands. One of her minions came up and bowed to her. "Arrange for a first class flight to Dublin and the necessary paperwork. These four gentlemen have done us a favor - however inadvertently - and we shall repay their kindness with our own."

"A flight can be arranged for tomorrow afternoon, Ms. Chongrak," the minion said dutifully before departing to carry out his task.

Wattana nodded and then looked over at Sam, the twins, and Jacob. "You will have guest rooms arranged here for the evening and a limousine will take you to the airport tomorrow." Then she fixed Sam with a smoldering gaze. "And Sam...you will be joining me for dinner. And...dessert."

Sam swallowed.

A little later, the four of them were taken to their guest room, a suite-style condo a floor below with two bedrooms attached to a common area with a kitchenette. Sam's travels were generally involved far more modest accommodations, such as sleeping in shady motels or under bridges, so the suite was a luxury in and of itself. He set his bag down and flopped into a cushy chair with a contended sigh.

"Well, that went better than expected," he told Jacob and the twins. "We'll be in Dublin in no time. And we can find those Greysons of yours, Jacob. If we're lucky, we'll also get a lead on the Black Waver, as well. Now, why don't you three tell me a little more about what's going on...?"

AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND
@Razilin @Lonewolf888978

Sendon and Neren had been silent ever since they had destroyed Varis. Some would have commended them for how much they might have helped the image, silent, stoic, deadly. The truth was, their hearts had long been hardened by pain and grief, and every time they had a run in with those.. monsters.. all that was dredged up, and they hid themselves behind a wall. Years ago, Neren would have teased Sam about the woman's innuendo, Sendon would try and reign him back.. now, they simply couldn't risk to show their true selves.

At Sam's words, Neren sighed and turned around, more shaken than his brother by the memories. "I told you before, we are the heirs.. perhaps the final living members of the Mentaris clan." he says softly. "Our family has had magic based around weapons for generations.. ever since we came into existence... and on the day we turned 18, the Weaver attacked... and by the time we woke up, everything was gone."

Status
Not open for further replies.