The Otherverse: Dawn of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND
The twins' reply gave Sam a lot to think about. He'd always thought magic, monsters, and powers were just fairy tales or legends. It would seem there was a lot more to the world than even he had seen in his wanderings.

Sam rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Hm. If there are others doing the branding, then this Black Weaver is the true mastermind. That doesn't answer why he's targeting people in the first place." He looked to the twins. "And for that matter, magic? Well, I've certainly seen you two in action and our trench-coat brigade officer over there," he threw a nod to Jacob, "and while I can't say I was expecting to deal with wizards and ghosts...I also can't deny the evidence of my senses."

Sam checked his newly-acquired pistol and continued, "I'm going to hazard a guess and say that our Black Weaver fellow and his minions are up to no good with killing and branding people - are sacrifices for magic rituals actually a thing? It'd be a reasonable motive."

He looked to Jacob. "How about you, got two cents on this?"

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA
TOKYO, JAPAN

Chiaki took a steadying breath as she hid behind a curtain leading onto the impromptu stage. For an idol singer, her costume for her performance was modest, yet flashy: a harlequin-style bodysuit that was half-black and half-white and accented by glitter. A similarly-colored jacket and headset microphone completed the outfit. She tapped the mike a few times to make sure it was working and breathed in and out one more time.

No matter how many times she did this, the minutes right before going onstage always made her heart pound like a jackhammer. She saw the crowd of soldiers and tried to find Hikaru within the excited mass.

"You're on, Ms. Uzuki," said one of the communications officers who was helping out with the concert backstage.

She nodded and strode out to applause. She waved and then bowed politely to everyone. "Thank you for coming to my concert, everyone," she greeted warmly. "You've all made me feel very welcome. On behalf of the JSDF and the US Navy and Air Force, please enjoy!"

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA - RESEARCH LEVEL
TOKYO, JAPAN

"That's odd," said one of the scientists monitoring the readings on the spaceship. "Power's fluctuating through the main grid. Not much, but it hasn't done that...well...ever." He looked to one of his colleagues. "Call up security and get an investigate team down here. And notify Servant Squad's commander. Wes needs to see this...."

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob Phantom
Pattaya, Thailand

The detective ran a hand through his hair and holstered his pistol.
Wait so you're the infamous Skullman? I pictured you more...Skully? Like a skeleton or some shit.
He scoffed some and shook his head.
I'm Jacob Phantom, Paranormal Detective. I have no leads on this guy, but I suspect this to just be the tip of the ice burg. I'm searching for two spell casters, the Greyson Twins if you've heard of them by chance? A errr... lead led me to Black Weaver, who might know where the two kids are. If you two boys don't mind me asking the guy a few questions before handing him over to you, I have no probably working with you three.
He scratched his head and looked around
Magic rituals are a dangerous thing for sure, and a clear enough motive. The outcomes of the rituals is the hard thing to figure out though. My leads led me here, so hopefully you four and your few years looking for the guy could give us a hint to his hiding place.

Drake Forester
Westfield Mall
It was a scene out of a horror movie. Bodies covered the street, bullet casings were scattered about, and the smell of blood hung in the air. Drake and his small team of soldiers traveled in standard formation, navigating through the alley ways and stores to get towards where the terrorist group was supposed to be held up at.
Drake held up a hand, and slowed the group to a halt. A babies cry sounded up ahead in a stroller, a woman slouched over it, blood dripping from a bright blue dress. It was in the center of a square, a fountain in the dead center of it.

Cover me, I don't like the looks of this.
Drake jogged to the center, where the stroller sat. The babies cry died down some as the soldier came into view, slowly pulling the woman away, and laying her on her back.
She was pretty. Long curly blonde hair down to her back, bright blue eyes that matched her dress, and a light red lipstick was off placed by a trail of blood dripping from her mouth. The soldier looked down at the woman and swore. The people who did this would pay, he'd make sure of that.
He turned back towards the baby, who cried once more as his mother was pulled away from the carriage. Slowly, Killshot reached for the child, when gun fire erupted.
Across the courtyard, on a second story, four masked men opened fire on the lone soldier. Drakes soldier returned fire, giving him enough time to dive behind the fountain. Drake pushed the stroller towards his team held up in the store, and he breathed a sigh of relief as one of the SAS soldiers retrieved the crying infant.
If Drakeran for it, he'd no doubt be eaten alive by the bullets. He was closer to an alley way to his right than the store where his team was held up in. He motioned for them to lay down covering fire, and as they did he sprinted for the alley.
He was out of immediate danger, but he was separated from his team, which was as deadly as the previous situation. Turning the corner, Drake brought his assault rifle up to his shoulder. Up ahead, two men ran his way, no doubt to flank his previous position. He put a round into both of them, before a third man ambushed him from the side, lunging from a doorway with a knife in hand. The cold blade slashed across his fore arm, but before he could get another stab in, Killshot swung the butt of his gun against the mans jaw, with enough force to break it in two.
Out of the store, four more men came to their friends aid. The first man fired a pistol towards Drake, but caught his ally in the back on accident. Firing his assault rifle with one hand, it took out the first terrorist, but the second swung a fire axe down on the gun, hitting it to the ground. The third lunged at him with a combat knife, slicing him across the arm. Drake wrapped a hand around the mans throat and pulled him closer, his grip tightening more and more until the mans throat snapped. Tossing the limp body into a fourth man, the axe wielding terrorist swung the axe down, towards Drakes head.
Catching the hilt mid-swing, he pulled it free from the mans hand. Pushing the man back to arms length, he slammed the axe down onto the mans head, cutting it in two. He heard the fourth man behind him, but even with his reflexes he would be to slow to stop the man from pulling the trigger of the pump shotgun.
When the slug never hit, Drake turned to find the man on the ground, a woman standing above him. Messy brown hair went down passed her shoulders. She was no older than eighteen, but she had an aura of danger about her. Her clothes were tearing an ripped, and looked like she had been in a fight, despite her having no wound. As he looked at her, dumbfoundedly, a piece of her jacket ripped open, despite nothing touching it but her skin.

AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND
@Razilin @Lonewolf888978

Neren pauses, and looks at the two men before stepping away slightly and closing his eyes, sending out tendrils of magic out to find the boss, who would have his own magic due to whatever powers he had been granted. At the same time, he suddenly felt the presence of the phantom with the detective, and warily sends a small message to attempt any kind of communication.

Sendon waits a few moments, and then nods to speak to the others. "I doubt that this is based towards some sort of ritual. From what we have put together, his minions work to cause panics in the mortal world. Many of the past uproars we have come to find that, in one way or another, he has had his hand." there were even clues that he may have been a part of WWI and WWII. But they weren't going to say that. "Perhaps this was an attempt to bring human rights groups to this place, and thus shift focus away from something larger."

"
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
"

"The humans are, of course, unable to stop his machinations. Unlike them, we can. We can act. However little our efforts make." he pauses. "I know nothing of your Grayson twins. Perhaps they are another minion. Perhaps they are a victim. The minions are of no consequence once we know their minds. However... when we do find the Weaver, you will question him in our presence.. for all of our sakes."

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA
TOKYO, JAPAN

Tyril gave an exhausted sigh at the mention of paparazzia and respond "Oh yeah! Celebrity life sure can be exhausting... Especially with others trying to make constant news of you. I mean, I can do that for myself dammit!". But now Tyril also seemed to be getting sidetracked, so trying to get back on topic he ruffled Hikaru's hair and said "Ah well, at least you got a friend. Let's hope you and Chiaki never change...".

Just then though his phone began to ring. Tyril answered only to say "Huh? Wait, really? I'll be right down" before ending the call and saying "Sorry kid, I business calls. You have fun now".

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
TOKYO, JAPAN

A few moments later Tyril along with his assembled Servant Squad arrived at the Lab with Tyril announce "Alright Mongrels we're here, what's going on?".

Reactions: Razilin
AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA
TOKYO, JAPAN

Chiaki took a steadying breath as she hid behind a curtain leading onto the impromptu stage. For an idol singer, her costume for her performance was modest, yet flashy: a harlequin-style bodysuit that was half-black and half-white and accented by glitter. A similarly-colored jacket and headset microphone completed the outfit. She tapped the mike a few times to make sure it was working and breathed in and out one more time.

No matter how many times she did this, the minutes right before going onstage always made her heart pound like a jackhammer. She saw the crowd of soldiers and tried to find Hikaru within the excited mass.

"You're on, Ms. Uzuki," said one of the communications officers who was helping out with the concert backstage.

She nodded and strode out to applause. She waved and then bowed politely to everyone. "Thank you for coming to my concert, everyone," she greeted warmly. "You've all made me feel very welcome. On behalf of the JSDF and the US Navy and Air Force, please enjoy!"

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA
TOKYO, JAPAN

Tyril gave an exhausted sigh at the mention of paparazzia and respond "Oh yeah! Celebrity life sure can be exhausting... Especially with others trying to make constant news of you. I mean, I can do that for myself dammit!". But now Tyril also seemed to be getting sidetracked, so trying to get back on topic he ruffled Hikaru's hair and said "Ah well, at least you got a friend. Let's hope you and Chiaki never change...".

Just then though his phone began to ring. Tyril answered only to say "Huh? Wait, really? I'll be right down" before ending the call and saying "Sorry kid, I business calls. You have fun now".

"Well Wes-san, I guess every job has its risks. Occupational hazards, they're called?" Hikaru ponders. "Well, the LIVE is starting. Here, have these. Light them up like..."

Before Hikaru could hand Tyril some glowsticks during the concert, Tyril had important business to attend to. "A- alright then, see you later, Wes-san."

Must be tough being an adult, Hikaru thought as the LIVE went on. But being an adult was being an adult, and attending a LIVE was attending a LIVE.

That could only mean one thing - to focus at the situation at hand. And by situation, I mean LIVE. Hikaru channeled his aura into supporting Chiaki's LIVE. When it was time for the audience to holler in synch, Hikaru followed, his voice being as loud as possible.

Last edited:
AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND

"Wait, so you're the infamous SKullman? I pictured you more...Skully? Like a skeleton or some shit."

Sam was quietly amused that Jacob Phantom, self-proclaimed paranormal detective, knew him by his nickname. Sam wasn't fond of it and for some time, he wasn't even aware he'd been given the name. It was just something people started calling him after his years of wandering and beating up bad guys. He supposed it was something that was bound to happen to a vagabond vigilante who made a habit of violently shutting down criminal cartels, saving people from burning buildings, and walking across war-torn battlefields to defend small towns and villages caught up in the crossfire.

"Sorry to disappoint," Sam said. "I'm just a normal guy with a good left hook."

Jacob proceeded to tell them about his own personal quest to find a pair of mages known as a the Greyson twins and how his search led him to the Black Weaver, who might know where they were. Likewise, the Mentaris twins filled in their own knowledge of the Black Weaver and how he and his minions had manipulated the world to cause panic and chaos throughout history.

Sam knew nothing of this secret world of magic and mages that Phantom and the Mentaris twins seemed to live in. He didn't understand it. But he knew evil. And from what he'd heard about this Black Weaver - from Phantom, the Mentaris twins, and his own observations here in Thailand - then this cruel monster needed to be brought down.

"It seems we're in agreement with working together," Sam concluded. He walked over to the reception desk and vaulted over the tall circular wooden desk to access a computer behind it. It didn't take him long to hack it. He preferred working with machines, but he'd picked up a few tricks with computers over his years of traveling. He soon worked his way into the building's security system, giving him access to the various cameras stationed around.

"I believe I've found our target," Sam announced, showing the others the screen. On it was security camera footage of a prominent office. "Sixth floor, suite six-sixty-six. Cute."

Sam thought quickly. "Phantom - I saw a bullet pass right through your body. I assume you can do that to walk through walls, too? I'll bet we can use that to get the jump on our bad guy. Get into the office from underneath and strike from behind, get him off-guard." As he talked, the burly man emptied his pockets and used his flipper knife to break apart several bullets from a spare pistol magazine. He poured the gunpowder on top of the desk. "I can approach from the front while he's distracted."

He continued to work while he turned his attention to Sendon and Neren. "Whatever special powers you two have, I suggest bringing them out now. Together, I'm betting we can toast this bastard. Also, you know the most about this Black Weaver and his cronies. What kind of powers will they have?"

As he finished, he held up his latest weapon. He'd emptied a spare pistol magazine, wrapped it in duct tape to seal it airtight, and filled it as far as he could with gunpowder and the remaining turpentine he had in stock. For good measure, he slipped in several bullet tips and a few bullet primers into the magazine. Finally, he slipped a turpentine-soaked strip of cloth into the top of the magazine and taped that off as well.

"By the way," he added, "the Black Weaver and his minions aren't explosion-proof, are they?"

---

AUGUST 14, 2016

The head scientist walked side by side with Captain Tyril Wes, Servant Squad's commanding officer. The scientist gave the captain the short version of the tour around the catwalks surrounding the spaceship, as well as the rundown on the last few minutes of activity.

"Fifteen minutes ago, we detected a small energy surge in the spaceship's control center," the scientist began, "shortly thereafter, power began circulating throughout parts of the ship that we were unaware of."

One of Squad Servant's beefier members, a muscular fellow who went by the nickname 'Rider,' asked, "What do you mean, 'unaware of?' This thing's been down here for years. Don't you guys know every nook and cranny by now?"

"We thought we did," the scientist agreed. "Apparently, other components were undetectable by conventional means until just now."

He took the squad into the starship itself. "Don't touch anything," he warned, "we still don't know what other hidden capabilities the ship has."

Another Servant officer, known as 'Caster,' asked, "So...what capabilities did you find?"

The scientist paused. "Well, we know what's not active - sensors, weapons, propulsion, navigation and communications."

Rider blinked. "But that's all the main functions of any ship."

"So if the power's not going to functionality," Caster led on, "then where is it going?"

The scientist's lips flattened into a grim line. "That's what I want to find out."

The squad finally came to the control center. Monitors glowed around them with alien script flowing across.

Energy crackled faintly in the air.

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

Chiaki's first series of songs were met with roaring applause. Perspiration from the lights and the exertion of several dance numbers left her face glowing prettily as she sucked in several short breaths after she ended her last song. She saw Hikaru supporting her in the audience and she gave him a wave, disguising it as a gesture to the crowd in general.

She'd certainly performed at larger venues, but this slightly smaller, more intimate concert was a lot more fun. She couldn't wait to celebrate its success with Hikaru and Wes-san later.

The crowd was calling for an encore, so the young idol stepped up to the front of the stage, face flushed and heart pounding, but ready to give yet another grand performance.

She didn't notice the crackling of energy around her. Or down the halls around the rest of the base.

She didn't know - no one did - that everything was going change.

AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND
@Razilin @Lonewolf888978

Sendon and Neren both came over to the screen to look at their target. From that view, all seemed normal. However, looks were deceiving. "They like to play with meaningless superstitions such as that." Neren commented on the suite number. "As for their powers, not one is the same. However, they are always connected with their jobs. Expect something that can rip flesh off a human." were Sendon's next to last words. "I cannot speak for their master.. but we have not come across a single one who cannot be killed by conventional means.."

After that, Neren grabbed his older brother's neck, and suddenly Sendon began to shine silver. After a flash of the same light, Neren was holding a spear that glowed slightly silver, Sendon naught to be found. "We are ready, then?" Neren said before running up the stairs towards their target. He was running faster than before, and even then he was holding back for their sake. They would meet Jacob at the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The man, a stocky, chubby man who had once been known as Al Varis, pulled out a cigar and flicked the flame of his lighter upon it, tapping his foot. He'd heard the whispers that his master's enemies were here. Perfect, time to prove his worth. Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to him, his worth to the Weaver was to die here and now. He would wait until the last living heirs of the Mentaris family would kick in the door. [BCOLOR=#000000]"I've been expecting you bastards."[/BCOLOR] he smirked. Suddenly, tentacles the size one would see on a Kraken burst from the walls to fill the room and create a barrier around him. Their suction cups and the very edges of the flesh were as serrated as the deadliest saw, and two tentacles were shot towards the twins.

Fast enough to leave after-images, Neren was inside and minced the two attacking, leaving the barrier open...

AUGUST 14, 2016
LONDON, ENGLAND

Everyone inside the mall ran for this store or that. Most of them, however, wisely ran further in, and Jewel could tell that was wise because through the windows showing to outside she could see the source of the heavy gunfire. Black Ops guys and...people who also looked like Black Ops guys but with less advanced weapons squared off and peppered the quiet London streets with gunfire. Jewel felt a paralyzing fear grip her as she watched. This wasn't exactly something she saw every day, and as she stayed rooted to the spot cracks appeared and then grew in the floor, centering around her feet.

She couldn't even tell who the good guys were...until she saw one of them try to rescue a baby in its carriage. That made her feel a little better, knowing there were good guys in this. It gave her someone to root for, and also uprooted her from her fixed position. The man who had saved the baby was now coming under fire and backing into an alley in retreat. The men following after him clearly did not put the odds in his favor. What should she do? Run like everyone else? Or try to help? Helping Jewel didn't consider one of her talents. She was a disaster zone, always wrecking things. But then, in such an unfair showdown, a wrecking ball might just be what that man needed.

She ran towards the side of the mall where the action was currently taking place on the other side. She ran through a hallway where the restrooms were and sprinted on towards a door with a clear EXIT sign. She slammed into it and found it locked. She pressed her ear to the metal side and heard the fighting continue through it. One hard knock should bust it open. She backed up and bolted towards the door again. This time her force combined with her powers and shattered the hinges, making the door - and consequently Jewel - fall on top of one of the men.

"Whoa!" she gasped, getting to her feet. The man she'd knocked over grunted and stood, training his pump-action shotgun at her. In a flash Jewel grabbed the barrel and yanked. She ripped the barrel right out of the gun. The terrorist stared at his useless weapon, and then at her, stunned. She kept a firm hold of the barrel and swung. "HAAA!"

The barrel broke into four pieces and knocked the man into the wall, causing him to slump over unconscious. Jewel panted and dropped the last bit of the weapon. She felt the sleeve of her jacket slide down and sighed. A brief moment of excitement and her newly stolen clothes were already ruined. She looked at the soldier type man. "Don't suppose you'd be able to buy a girl a new top?"

AUGUST 14, 2016

Tyril listened to the back and fourth about the puzzling power situation, staying silent for a time to scan over the ship and see if anything seemed especially out of place. Nothing did, which made it seem even more out of place. Once they reached the Command room though he decided to suggest "Life Support? Could be they have some life form hiding deep in you never detected, and the energy is going towards that. And maybe now that we've dug so deep it's waking up".

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

Chiaki's first series of songs were met with roaring applause. Perspiration from the lights and the exertion of several dance numbers left her face glowing prettily as she sucked in several short breaths after she ended her last song. She saw Hikaru supporting her in the audience and she gave him a wave, disguising it as a gesture to the crowd in general.

She'd certainly performed at larger venues, but this slightly smaller, more intimate concert was a lot more fun. She couldn't wait to celebrate its success with Hikaru and Wes-san later.

The crowd was calling for an encore, so the young idol stepped up to the front of the stage, face flushed and heart pounding, but ready to give yet another grand performance.

She didn't notice the crackling of energy around her. Or down the halls around the rest of the base.

She didn't know - no one did - that everything was going change.

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

Hikaru waves back as the crowd's adrenaline rose to the extreme. Among the crowd of sweaty, fat men and women, Hikaru stood out by not standing out - his tiny stature. He jumped in an attempt to channel his motivational energy into Chiaki, and it appears that he was successful.

In response to her waving at him, he raised a thumbs up, before joining everyone in screaming for an encore.

"ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!"

This went on for a bunch of seconds, before a chill went down Hikaru's spine. Summer was nearing its end, he thought.

But what he didn't take into account was that this had nothing to do with the seasons, but it certainly had to do with change.

AUGUST 14, 2016

Even as Tyril spoke, the entire cockpit began to hum with every control panel glowing even brighter.

"Look out!" the scientist warned, but by then it was too late.

Energy surged throughout the starship. Every system suddenly got an overcharge. Consoles throughout the ship flared to life. Arcs of energy crackled in the air, ever brighter and louder and more imposing by the second. Finally came the explosions.

The control panels in front of Tyril and his Servant Squad teammates blew up first. The scientist was the first to die, shrapnel lodging itself in its chest. The others quickly scrambled out of the detonating cockpit, only to find the same chaos in the ship corridors. Whole sections of floor, wall, and ceiling erupted in flames.

Outside in the hangar, security and research personnel scrambled to put out the fires suddenly spewing violently from the ship. Its hull ripped apart in increasing places throughout its surface as the ship was literally tearing itself apart at the seams. The explosions scorched the catwalks and turned several research staff to ash instantly. Fire extinguishers failed to gain any ground as the conflagration continued to grow in all its heated, hellish glory.

Within the ship, another explosion ripped the floor from beneath Tyril and Servant Squad, depositing them in the bowels of the starship. It was some kind of museum by the looks of it, all glass containers erected throughout the room holding strange artifacts from dozens of worlds.

The explosions continued, unabated. The force of them knocked several of the containers over. One tall cylindrical container in particular stood out among them, holding a suit of armor within.

Another explosion. And another. And another....

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

Chiaki was making her final bows to roaring applause when the explosions started. She screamed when one of the support struts overhead came crashing down right behind her. Another large support beam, knocked down by another explosion, fell upon the audience. Cries of panic were suddenly silenced as the heavy metal flattened them into a bloody paste.

"Oh my god...what's going on!?" the singer cried out. An explosion behind her sent her flying into the crowd, where she crashed bodily into Hikaru. "Hikaru-kun! We have to get out of here!"

Already, terror and panic gripped the crowd as everyone tried to escape. Explosions rocked the base and tore through the walls. There was groan overhead as a large stagelight fell free of its moorings.

"LOOK OUT!" Chiaki shoved Hikaru away as the stagelight crashed between them. The floor gave way under its weight, tearing a large hole where it landed...and opening a direct line to the hangar underneath. Chiaki leaned over the edge of hole and saw the strange starship below, crackling with energy and flaring with red-hot fire. Tendrils of energy coiled around its hull and suddenly leaped around, snaking its way up the hole and slamming into Chiaki.

She screamed in agony as the golden-red arcs of lightning clutched her limbs and body. Her eyes glowed a brilliant yellow and her screams grew higher and higher in pitch. The lightbulbs on the remaining stagelights burst. Glasses broke apart. The various metal folding chairs for the audience vibrated. All at the sound of her voice....

AUGUST 14, 2016

Even as Tyril spoke, the entire cockpit began to hum with every control panel glowing even brighter.

"Look out!" the scientist warned, but by then it was too late.

Energy surged throughout the starship. Every system suddenly got an overcharge. Consoles throughout the ship flared to life. Arcs of energy crackled in the air, ever brighter and louder and more imposing by the second. Finally came the explosions.

The control panels in front of Tyril and his Servant Squad teammates blew up first. The scientist was the first to die, shrapnel lodging itself in its chest. The others quickly scrambled out of the detonating cockpit, only to find the same chaos in the ship corridors. Whole sections of floor, wall, and ceiling erupted in flames.

Outside in the hangar, security and research personnel scrambled to put out the fires suddenly spewing violently from the ship. Its hull ripped apart in increasing places throughout its surface as the ship was literally tearing itself apart at the seams. The explosions scorched the catwalks and turned several research staff to ash instantly. Fire extinguishers failed to gain any ground as the conflagration continued to grow in all its heated, hellish glory.

Within the ship, another explosion ripped the floor from beneath Tyril and Servant Squad, depositing them in the bowels of the starship. It was some kind of museum by the looks of it, all glass containers erected throughout the room holding strange artifacts from dozens of worlds.

The explosions continued, unabated. The force of them knocked several of the containers over. One tall cylindrical container in particular stood out among them, holding a suit of armor within.

Another explosion. And another. And another....

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

Chiaki was making her final bows to roaring applause when the explosions started. She screamed when one of the support struts overhead came crashing down right behind her. Another large support beam, knocked down by another explosion, fell upon the audience. Cries of panic were suddenly silenced as the heavy metal flattened them into a bloody paste.

"Oh my god...what's going on!?" the singer cried out. An explosion behind her sent her flying into the crowd, where she crashed bodily into Hikaru. "Hikaru-kun! We have to get out of here!"

Already, terror and panic gripped the crowd as everyone tried to escape. Explosions rocked the base and tore through the walls. There was groan overhead as a large stagelight fell free of its moorings.

"LOOK OUT!" Chiaki shoved Hikaru away as the stagelight crashed between them. The floor gave way under its weight, tearing a large hole where it landed...and opening a direct line to the hangar underneath. Chiaki leaned over the edge of hole and saw the strange starship below, crackling with energy and flaring with red-hot fire. Tendrils of energy coiled around its hull and suddenly leaped around, snaking its way up the hole and slamming into Chiaki.

She screamed in agony as the golden-red arcs of lightning clutched her limbs and body. Her eyes glowed a brilliant yellow and her screams grew higher and higher in pitch. The lightbulbs on the remaining stagelights burst. Glasses broke apart. The various metal folding chairs for the audience vibrated. All at the sound of her voice....

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

"CHIAKI!"

Hikaru felt helpless at that very moment. He tried to grab Chiaki's hand, but missed.

Missed by a small margin.

If only he had helped her...

All he wanted to do before Chiaki's final moments was to support her. But at the end of it all, he couldn't do it.

As tears began to shed from his face as Chiaki fell into the pits of purgatory.

That was until, a piercing scream caused Hikaru to cover his ears. He saw around him glass shattering and chairs vibrating. When he looked down towards the source, he saw...

"So... this is all Chiaki-chan's doing. What the-"

Just then, his phone began to vibrate. It appeared that it had installed a new application.

"H- HERO? I don't remember this..." Hikaru looks at the application name. He presses the icon.

Insert Phone into Ground

"Wha-" Hikaru smashed his phone into the ground. The phone was unscathed, but the rock solid concrete - not so!

Various icons appeared on the screen.

Randomizing... Randomizing... Download complete

That was fast.

Hikaru checks his phone, then his surroundings. It appeared that nearly everyone had evacuated.

Please select icon
>Skull Rider<

Afterwards, a belt-like device materialized around Hikaru's waist. He placed the phone in a certain slot, where it was vertical. Altering its position to become vertical, the belt-like device lit up.

An odd tune sounded as Hikaru's hands began to shift around. He starts off with his arms curved, so that his body area appears to be forming a skull-like emblem.

"Hen..."

He shifts his arms to an X-like emblem on his chest, mimicking crossbones.

"... shin!"

Soon, his body started altering and a new set of armour materialised around him. Soon, he had taken the form of Skull Rider, the hero from hell!

"SKULL RIDER! Holy moly! I'm big! And my voice... it's adult!" Skull Rider admires his new appearance. "No time for that, I've got to save-"

Before he could say another word, he spots a little girl tripping, as the ground below her begins to crack. Skull Rider wanted to help Chiaki, but he had to do the right thing.

"Kid! grab on!" Skull Rider ran towards the child. She was wary of the devilish appearance of the man. But as the ground below her shattered, Skull Rider swiftly grabbed her and ran, being chased by the cracking concrete.

"It's outrunning me... if only I had some way to..."

Just then, out of nowhere, a motorcycle jumps from above and lands in front of Skull Rider and the girl. Skull Rider instinctively jumps on it, with the girl taking a backseat.

"HANG ON TIGHT, BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A LICENSE!"

It was wild as Skull Rider put the girl to safety. Dropping her off, the skullfaced masked biker rode back towards the location he last was.

"Stay safe!" he shouts to the girl, "I'll find your parents later, but I have to deal with important issues first!"

"WAIT!" the young girl screams, "WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"

"SKULL RIDER, NEVER FORGET THAT!"

Skull Rider jumps into a hole created by an explosion, landing safely thanks to his motorcycle. His newly granted demon physiology allowed him to have a resistance to the shrieks, but they were still pretty loud and exerted a force. He started to charge forward at top speed, towards Chiaki...

AUGUST 14, 2016

As Tyril and his crew continued to fall one more explosion happened by the armour, knocking it out and having it fall towards Tyril. Upon contact the armour seemed to grab onto Tyril keeping him airborne as the rest off his squad continued to fall further where it was too deep and dark to see. The Armour seemed to be operating itself briefly, using his hands to pull Tyril towards it only for him to try to protest "Who the hell are you?" before the Armour opened up and showed it was empty before Tyril was sucked inside and the suit of Armour sealed him in. Inside the Armour Tyril struggled inside trying to pry it open from the inside, only for the Armour to suddenly start to melt into his own skin, becoming one with his body. Tyril hollered in pain but it drowned out by all the explosions around him.

Once the process was complete though Tyril went limp, he simply floated in the tunnel head tilted downwards. Until after a moment he suddenly raised his head and hollered "Boo-yah! Season 2 here I am!" before flying back up through the tunnel where he fell making his way directly towards the concert.

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

Bravado showed up just in time to see the others were also dealing with the explosions. Hiraki seemed really fine, well, more than fine really. Meanwhile Chiaki was still very much left on her own, so Bravado flew towards her grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her around of the chaos saying "Sorry Sug... Miss, but it's time to go!", but as some of the explosions seemed to follow from Chiaki's screaming he added on "Oh, and if you can save the Encore for later that'd be great!".

Detective Phantom
While the Twins and Skully, Phantom took a more silent approach. It took all his willpower to make his whole body transparent, a feat he never recalled doing before. He stood a floor above the rest of the team, and the whole building shook at whatever the hell the Big Boss was using as a weapon. Phantom was about to find out.
He slipped through the floor, dropping down from above, passing through the barrier with ease. As he fell through the floor, he saw the chaos unfolding below him. One of the twins wielded a spear, and wielded it perfectly. He danced around menacing looking tentacles, weaving around them like a dance of war. A tentacle would slam down, leaving a crater in the floor,narrowly missing the spearman. Where he got the spear, and where his brother went was unknown to him.

Jacob slipped through the hole in the perpetrators defenses, landing on the table. Drawling his gun, he pointed it down towards the suits head, a smirk on his face.
Detective Phantom, You're under arrest! Come quietly or-
Jacob never finished the sentence, as a tentacle tore through the desk, catching Jacob in the leg, sending him onto the ground. Groaning, he rolled out of the way of a tentacle that stabbed downward. Firing his pistol, the bullet pierced the tentacle with ease, burning a hole through it as the bullet traveled. Turning the side arm towards the tentacle wielding mad man, he got a shot off that burned through one of the mans ears, who grimaced in pain before kicking Elijah in the chest. As Elijah caught his breath, he took that moment to realize how bad he was out of shape. He outta cut down on the drinks and pills. Maybe get a gym membership after this was all over.

Another tentacle went to crush his head, but rolling to a knee, a tentacle swiped for his head, passing through the transparent skin harmlessly. Punching the man, and dodging the mans countering blow, two tentacles went towards him simultaneously. Rolling away from the surely fatal blow, he yelled over the fighting.
Uh Skully, mind helping me out here?

Drake Forester
Westfield Mall

"Don't supposed youd be able to buy a girl a new top?"
Killshot couldn't help but smirk and nod.
Considering you saved my life, I suppose I could. If you see something you like pick it out, I'll charge it too my card.
This girl probably didn't save his life, just gave him a lot less pain to have to deal with. Some how she broke down a heavy ass door, one a trained soldier would hesitate too kick down. Either she had a blow torch hidden on her, or she had super strength. Before he could ask how, the sound of marching boots sounded down the alley way, and their shouts didn't sound friendly.
Grabbing the girls wrist, he pulled her into the store, quickly closing the door and locking it. He felt a sheering pain in his palm and quickly let go, looking down at his hand.
His glove was gone, and his skin was blistering just from her touch. Already, the serum worked to heal the minor wounds, but for a moment, Drake got alot more questions about the girl. Ones that should probably be kept from HQ, or else they might take her in regarding her destructive nature.
He glanced up at the girl and drew his pistol, the voices right outside the door.

Alright girl, we can talk about that later. For right now, lets head deeper into the mall. Try not to rip any more of my gear please, I really like it.
He gave her a reassuring smirk, urging her forward. A device on his wrist blinked, giving the location of his team, who were also being driven further into the mall. I'd be smart to meet up with them. He clicked a button on it, and his helmet closed shut.
And you can call me Killshot.

AUGUST 14, 2016
PATTAYA, THAILAND

Kids turning into weapons, private eyes turning invisible...and all I got is duct tape and a molotov.

It was a private, sobering thought as Sam rolled across his shoulder to avoid one of Al Varis' tentacles. They seemed to be coming right through the walls, the garden of lashing appendages pulling double duty defending Varis while also striking at the Mentaris twins, Phantom, and Sam.

So far, his newfound companions were holding their own against the tentacles. Sam came out of his roll in a dead run, leaping toward the wall and tic-tacking off his lead foot against the plaster so he could grab and swing off a lamp hanging from the ceiling. He came out of the swing feet first, kicking into the tentacles shielding Varis. The worm-like appendages held firm and slapped him down into the carpet. Sam quickly backward-rolled to avoid getting stabbed by another tentacle.

Damn, can't get through. Sam jumped into a monkey vault across a nearby table as another pair of tentacles tried to grab him. He kicked the table into them, but they just ripped the piece of furniture apart.

"Uh, Skully, mind helping me out here?" Jacob Phantom called out. Sam turned to see that the detective managed to phase through Varis' defenses and land some good old fashioned fisticuffs on the man. Furthermore, Neren, wielding his twin brother in his spear form, was also inside Varis' range and was taking the offensive. With Varis' concentration broken momentarily, the tentacles lost some of their coordination. The shield of tentacles parted briefly.

Sam took up his stuffed pistol clip in one hand and lit it with his lighter. "Fire in the hole!" Sam called out in warning, flinging the makeshift grenade into the opening. Just as Neren and Jacob evacuated the blast zone, the grenade erupted in a blaze of fire, light, and ear-shattering sound....

---

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

All Chiaki knew was pain. It was in her body and in her head, down to her very eyes and eyes. Pain and sound. So much sound. So much noise. How had she not gone deaf yet?

The fog of agony cleared when she felt a strong hand take her wrist. Through bleary eyes, she saw a strange, armored figure in a full mask. The armor was nothing short of alien, unlike anything she'd ever seen. But his voice was all too familiar.

"Wes...san?" Chiaki murmured. Somehow, they both were hovering in the air. Energy seemed to course within her and she was fairly certain her half of the hovering was all on her own power, somehow. Her voice sounded different as well. More powerful. Even as she said Tyril's name, the air seemed to reverberate; she heard glass shatter.

She closed her eyes, trying to control the headache pounding within her skull. Slowly, oh-so-slowly, it abated. "Wes-san, what is going on?" she asked, her voice more normal. Slowly, they floated back to the ruined floor.

As her feet touched solid ground once more, she saw another figure coming toward them, one dressed in a skull mask and with a devilish appearance. Her heart stopped in fear for a moment, until the skull-themed figure said her name. It was another familiar voice, one that calmed her instantly.

"Hikaru-kun?" Chiaki asked in disbelief. He stopped before her. Looked down at her. She looked up. And up. And up. "You're...tall...!"

AUGUST 14, 2016

As Tyril and his crew continued to fall one more explosion happened by the armour, knocking it out and having it fall towards Tyril. Upon contact the armour seemed to grab onto Tyril keeping him airborne as the rest off his squad continued to fall further where it was too deep and dark to see. The Armour seemed to be operating itself briefly, using his hands to pull Tyril towards it only for him to try to protest "Who the hell are you?" before the Armour opened up and showed it was empty before Tyril was sucked inside and the suit of Armour sealed him in. Inside the Armour Tyril struggled inside trying to pry it open from the inside, only for the Armour to suddenly start to melt into his own skin, becoming one with his body. Tyril hollered in pain but it drowned out by all the explosions around him.

Once the process was complete though Tyril went limp, he simply floated in the tunnel head tilted downwards. Until after a moment he suddenly raised his head and hollered "Boo-yah! Season 2 here I am!" before flying back up through the tunnel where he fell making his way directly towards the concert.

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

Bravado showed up just in time to see the others were also dealing with the explosions. Hiraki seemed really fine, well, more than fine really. Meanwhile Chiaki was still very much left on her own, so Bravado flew towards her grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her around of the chaos saying "Sorry Sug... Miss, but it's time to go!", but as some of the explosions seemed to follow from Chiaki's screaming he added on "Oh, and if you can save the Encore for later that'd be great!".

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

All Chiaki knew was pain. It was in her body and in her head, down to her very eyes and eyes. Pain and sound. So much sound. So much noise. How had she not gone deaf yet?

The fog of agony cleared when she felt a strong hand take her wrist. Through bleary eyes, she saw a strange, armored figure in a full mask. The armor was nothing short of alien, unlike anything she'd ever seen. But his voice was all too familiar.

"Wes...san?" Chiaki murmured. Somehow, they both were hovering in the air. Energy seemed to course within her and she was fairly certain her half of the hovering was all on her own power, somehow. Her voice sounded different as well. More powerful. Even as she said Tyril's name, the air seemed to reverberate; she heard glass shatter.

She closed her eyes, trying to control the headache pounding within her skull. Slowly, oh-so-slowly, it abated. "Wes-san, what is going on?" she asked, her voice more normal. Slowly, they floated back to the ruined floor.

As her feet touched solid ground once more, she saw another figure coming toward them, one dressed in a skull mask and with a devilish appearance. Her heart stopped in fear for a moment, until the skull-themed figure said her name. It was another familiar voice, one that calmed her instantly.

"Hikaru-kun?" Chiaki asked in disbelief. He stopped before her. Looked down at her. She looked up. And up. And up. "You're...tall...!"

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

"CHIAKI!"

Skull Rider slid his motorcycle Akira-style just as Chiaki had calmed down while the odd 'Bravado' was helping her down.

That was when Chiaki called out his name. He placed a finger on Chiaki's mouth.

"Chiaki... you recognise me?" Skull Rider says as he dismounts his motorcycle. "I... don't know what happened to me, but it doesn't look permanent. More importantly..."

Skull Rider puts his hands on Chiaki's shoulders.

"A- are you alright, Chiaki?"

Skull Rider looks at the fire that surrounded the room.

"Yeah, let's get to somewhere with enough oxygen first before we talk. After a feat like that, you'll need some good ventilation."

Skull Rider helps Chiaki onto his motorcycle, before he jumps onto the front seat. "Come on... uh... you're Wes-san right? I thought I heard Chiaki-chan call you that. You really do look like one of those fictional American comic book heroes. Thanks for helping Chiaki-chan... when I couldn't... sigh... Let's do introductions later. Right now, we need a way to get-"

Skull Rider points to a conveniently collapsed large slab of ceiling placed onto a large contraption, as if it was a ramp.

"Bingo! Chiaki, hang on tight, because I don't have a Driver's license!"

With that, Skull Rider rode up the improvised ramp, taking a great leap, then perfectly landing on the floor.

"Holy moly! I can do all this without a motorcycle license? Imagine what I could do with one! Of course, that's something to care about in two years. When I'm actually eligible for a motorcycle license. By the way, Chiaki-chan, if anyone asks... no one must know I'm Hakozaki Hikaru, no one but you, and possibly Wes-san. Call me...

Skull Rider."

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

As Bravado and Chiaki were still flying through the air he could hear her call his name. He turned his head back to face her before lifting his face visor and giving a grin as he said "The one and only! Wait, San?". It wasn't much longer though until the destruction seemed to end and the two could safely return to the ground. Once they did he responded to Chiaki's question "Just your usual Alien Tech going rampant scenario. It's fine though, all four of us made it out ok... Wait, San? God damn that's weird to be hearing!".

Then almost right on cue Skull Rider arrived and had a reunion with Chiaki. Once the two were done being soft he nodded at Rider's statement and responded "Well... Technically Russian... Well, no, Japanese now. No wait... It's Biodyne? No, it was Nosci... Noscionaut!" then taking an awkward pause realizing no one else was likely following he simplified "I'm an Alien now kid, not some American".

Once the other two jumped there way up Bravado simply followed on his hover jets and whistled at the two kids before pointing out "Yo! Do you two even have any idea where you're going? Cause if not there's an outpost not to far out we can use. It was where me and Servant Squad were stationed".

AUGUST 14, 2016
NAVAL AIR FACILITY KOUMA

As Bravado and Chiaki were still flying through the air he could hear her call his name. He turned his head back to face her before lifting his face visor and giving a grin as he said "The one and only! Wait, San?". It wasn't much longer though until the destruction seemed to end and the two could safely return to the ground. Once they did he responded to Chiaki's question "Just your usual Alien Tech going rampant scenario. It's fine though, all four of us made it out ok... Wait, San? God damn that's weird to be hearing!".

Then almost right on cue Skull Rider arrived and had a reunion with Chiaki. Once the two were done being soft he nodded at Rider's statement and responded "Well... Technically Russian... Well, no, Japanese now. No wait... It's Biodyne? No, it was Nosci... Noscionaut!" then taking an awkward pause realizing no one else was likely following he simplified "I'm an Alien now kid, not some American".

Once the other two jumped there way up Bravado simply followed on his hover jets and whistled at the two kids before pointing out "Yo! Do you two even have any idea where you're going? Cause if not there's an outpost not to far out we can use. It was where me and Servant Squad were stationed".

Upon hearing this, Skull Rider screeched and made a U-turn. "Well, I was thinking a hospital, but... yeah, an outpost does sound like a better choice, seeing that it's probably more prepared for what we just saw compared to a hospital. So uh... any ideas on what's happened to Chiaki? I know she has great lung capacity but... is it great enough for a feat like... a feat like... a feat like... -hold on give me a second!"

Skull Rider waves at the girl he saved earlier. "Sorry Miss, an urgent emergency acted up! I'll help you find your parents later! I promise! See you later! Bye!"

Skull Rider then turns to Bravado. "Lead the way, Wes-san, lead the way- wait, I can't keep calling you by your real name in public, it's just not fair, since you aren't allowed to call me by mine in public while in these gigs. So... what do you have in mind?"

AUGUST 14, 2016
SERVANT SQUAD CAMP

Chiaki's thin limbs held fast around the now-much-taller Hikaru's - no, Skull Rider's - waist as she stayed in the backseat of his motorcycle. Together with the flying Tyril Wes - now going by Bravado - the trio arrived at the outpost where Bravado's team, Servant Squad, were based. As the soldier said, it wasn't too far from the Kouma base and was, in fact, technically part of it as well, albeit a few kilometers away. They spent the ride filling each other in on the mysterious happenings at Kouma: how the base housed an alien starship for research, how the ship came alive with energy, and finally how it exploded and destroyed Kouma with it.

As they rolled to a stop, Chiaki hopped off Skull Rider's bike and found herself hovering a few inches off the ground. "Whoa!" she exclaimed, then forced her mind to quiet down. Her small feet softly touched the ground once more. "So...I can break things with my voice and fly." She pointed at Hikaru. "You can turn into an adult." Now her finger went to Tyril. "And you get fancy new alien armor." She paused. Tyril Wes seemed very collected, but ever since he got the alien armor, he'd spouted some awfully strange things. He seemed...off...now that the armor was a part of him. "And maybe got a few screws loose, too."

She shook her head in disbelief. "There's no doubt about it - whatever caused that explosion at Kouma...it turned us into freaks. What are we going to do? This is all just too crazy!" She leaned into Hikaru's side for comfort, head hung low in despair. "Can any of us even return to normal?"

AUGUST 14, 2016
WESTFIELD MALL
LONDON, ENGLAND

Oh thank God she made the right call on who was the good guy! Jewel sighed in relief as he returned a small smirk to her. If there was anything he had to say about what she just did to save him, he was keeping it to himself. Her heart swelled at that. It had been a long time since she had someone she could trust.

The sudden sounds of shouting turned her attention down the hall. She went stiff again. More were coming! Without warning she felt her hand being grabbed and she was dragged back into the mall before she could warn him not to touch her. He found out soon enough, though. Once inside he let her go like he was burned and stared at the crumbling glove around his inflamed hand.

"I'm sorry," she muttered meekly. "I didn't get a chance to tell you; you probably shouldn't touch me."

He smirked again, reassuring her that he wasn't upset. Perhaps she'd been alone for too long, but she really liked how he looked smiling. That five o'clock shadow around his strong jaw made him look very rugged. And he was so mature! Not old - she was used to that on the streets. No, instead he was strong, and experienced. She didn't even realize her cheeks had begun to heat up.

"Is it really a good idea to lure those guys further into the mall?" she asked. "What about civilians?"

Reactions: Razilin
Status
Not open for further replies.