Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
Most, if not all, of us have one – the roleplay that got away. It's nothing monumental for roleplays to die. But this thread isn't for just any roleplay that died. This is about the roleplay that died. The one which you wander back to with a ping of longing despite the years. Maybe it was the excellent group dynamic, a unique idea or combination of ideas that ticked all the boxes, or the unfulfilled potential of things that might've been. I want to hear about those RPs. What is it that you can't forget about that one? Have you tried to recreate it? Was there a previous one(s) that got away even if you've moved on now?

So, I had a great concept called GLOWING TREE which really just started as a jokey challenge to create an rp based on one of my fake RP banners I like to use in the rotation to advertise that people can do rp banners. >_> Pete wrote this neat lil poem for it and I had this actually kickass plot. I had a great cast of characters and players. I was doing a nice chapter style setup where we'd have a certain amount of time to finish up a scene, and I had chapters planned for each of the characters and an awesome surprise ending. Things were going well.

But my real life was getting super fucky at the time and I ending up dropping all my rps before it got too far. ;_; I think it was one of the last group rps I ever hosted. I think about trying it again all the time, but I'm still kinda eeeeh about running group rps.

Reactions: Dusk
Man why ya gotta make me remember? I do believe the version that I liked was on another site. I've tried to do this concept a few times and it never works. It's my cursed idea titled "The Lady Warrior". Basically an ancient, undying warrior who is sworn to protect her master (She can only be killed when her master is also dead). When her last master passed she essentially protected his grave. Someone from modern times stumble across it and she is unable to do much of anything. To help restore her strength the person agrees to take her as their protector. It was meant to have some light romance since her oath is sealed with a kiss.....T_T 'tis a cursed idea that never gets far.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I had a idea that started when i was a teen-ager. A bunch of high school kids in Massachusetts had to deal with a paranormal threat that plagued the fictional town I created. It would have been a slow burn episodic like event. Small things would have been revealed. Like how my character had to deal with a cryptid very similar to the Slenderman. Another character at the time would have revealed herself to be a medium or witch. Another character dealt with the more technical aspects and stuff. I wanted it to be similar to Buffy or Angel. Sadly it never got off the ground. I also stopped writing for a great length of time.

• Sympathy & Compassion
There have been a few like that for me, about half of which aren't even my ideas but ones that I took part in that were just *chef's kiss*! Then again, it's kind of arguable as to whether it was the stories or the characters that I miss the most. The OC's I created for them were some of my favorites ever and I grew really attached to them; however, I don't know if I could ever recycle them into new stories. Skeletons in the Closet was absolutely fantastic and the mods were great people. So creative! I don't think I could ever achieve that level of mystery, organization, and story-telling in a plot of my own. Unfortunately, we didn't see the proper ending due to life. I will always cherish it and the fun we all had together. RIP.

Last edited:
Oh maaan....why you gotta hit me in the feels like this...?

I did one years ago with my main character (I dont use her on the site, long story with her,) and her lover. And it was long, and epic, and helped me build her back story, and his story. And so much happened.

Then my friend got mad at me for calling out her abusing her boyfriend to het, and she hasn't spoken to me since.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I just have one from another website that still sticks with me to this day. It was called Tempus Chase, and it was about a pair of time pirates that went through various eras stealing valuable - but easily missed - artifacts and resources. Everything was perfect: the plot, the setting, the characters. It didn't hurt that me and my writing partner practically shared one brain cell when it came to the story haha.

Unfortunately, real life got in the way, and I never heard from that writer again. But it was an absolute pleasure while it lasted.

• Sympathy & Compassion