The one choice that would decide it all.

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, Noir, apocalyptic, Grimdark, yaoi, yuri, anything really.
If you had a chance to rewind, and change a pivotal moment in your life, would you? Maybe change what you said, or a choice, maybe standing up to someone this time?

For me? I'd say not. There's too many points where I wish I could go back and change something at first glance. But after thinking about it, I wouldn't be able to be the same person if I changed those things. If I changed the shit that happened to me, I would be unable to understand many things. If I changed what happened to me four or five years ago, maybe edited in a happier ending, or maybe, stopping it from starting in the first place, I possibly would have never felt the need to look into Iwaku, or to help people in later years.

I would go back to July 16th 2002 5:05PM.

And I would have given Jessica Metz a chance. She could have been the one. : (

I definitely would have told my family that I would have liked to stay in Sacramento rather than move to the country. Not really out of regret, because frankly, regrets are a waste of time (even if you can't help but feel that way sometimes). But I think it would really be interesting to see how I would have turned out had I stayed.

In all likelihood I probably would have been shot dead. But it would have been one hell of a ride up to that point.

I wouldn't. What's done is done already and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

If I had to pick a time, it would be where I lost a very close friend of mine. If I could, I would try to find the missing links that caused our friendship to die. But in the end, it just happened and there's nothing I can do to possibly fix it. I like where I am, I've learned and grew from this past experience. So I don't want to take that away by going back in time and changing it.

Life is but a collection of Regrets. its whether or not we acknowledge them that defines us.

That said, other than trivialities such as having the balls to tell chicks i fancied them and not ignore the voice of reason in my mind telling me to avoid failing, i have nothing.

I would have NEVER dated MV. She, almost a year later, Is still managing to screw with my life.

Also, I wouldn't have quit my first job as soon as I did. My life went on a downward spiral since then...and I'm just now getting it back together.

No regrets or promises. c__c I am what I am because of the events in my life. Changing any of them would change who I am now. I like who I am and where I'm at!

I'm with Diana on this topic. Life is full of dumb choices and that's just a part of being human; as well, I'm in my early 20s. I don't have much to regret besides for a few people i should have tried dating but didn't and that's not really worth changing the past over.

Fight hard, move forward! Kick reason to the curb and live without regrets! That's my way!

I'd change nothing. I did pretty well the first time around.

Good answers, guys!

Oh, God, where do I start?

I want to go back to the time when I had my Gameboy Color cheated away by my Primary School classmates - along with lots of cartridges. I want to stop myself from being so lazy from young, keeping up a habit of working hard from childhood. I want to have my old self not be such a brat and build up a healthy relationship with his folks. I want to have myself not to be such an egomaniac, not be so sensitive about things, and have lots of childhood friends build up from Primary School. I want to have my childhood bestfriend not leave me, going back in time to tell my old self not to step out of that house because of my ego that day (or, heck, not fight with him the day when I stepped out of his life). And one of the most significant change I want is me not stealing that $10 000 from my parents. It probably was the biggest factor that caused my bad relationship with my parents today.

But hey, all that's only fantasy. I don't like myself today, and, no matter how I improve, things only get worse. So, if I have a choice, would I do it?

You bet damn Hell I will.