The Once and Future Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
No HOPE thank god, but Im ok with the worksheets because they're usually our cheat sheets that they let us use for our written exams so that's a up side on the Foldables and Worksheets.

Is there a format? Also what is a KS?

Kingdom Sheet. Take a look at Pig's, and you'll get an idea. The only thing I'd add, and this includes you @Superpiggeh, is the current king/queen/"emperor"/whatever. As for a CS, I'd say have a name, personality, appearance, short bio (three paragraphs minimum), and list what they are (Silenced, Roused, Firstborn).

Just saying I have no idea how to do that whole tab thing.

Name: Ballus Crad
Personality: He is a bold man, who stands tall against any obstacle be it physical or not. He can be exceedingly kind to children and the weak and equally as vicious and bloodthirsty on the battle field. He cares greatly for those he has befriended and would gladly sacrifice his life for theirs.
Appearance:
29yf2o3.jpg
25tasmu.jpg
11ugcck.jpg
357opcm.jpg
Short Bio (three paragraphs minimum):

Raised under the king of the Northern Wilds Raised under the roof of the noble house Crad. He grew up respecting men with great honor, those who fought for their beliefs and their family. While under Bjor's guidance he grew to be a strong young man, believing that Bjor was his father. He was given many tutors, in archery, language, swordplay, metal working, commanding an army, everything a prince should know so that he may one day rule in Bjor's place. After he reached the age of 18 his father gave him permission to make his own sword. Ballus made his sword with the help of a local smith, the blade long and the handle segmented so that the weapon could be wielded with two hands. He continued to practice with the blade and eventually an opportunity to prove himself came around.

A band of Raiders had come from one of the southern territories, they had run rampant and left a trail of destruction behind them. Ballus saw fit to take some of his friends, sons of nobles and poor men alike and form a tiny company. 13 men each with a talent and thirst for battle. This small company moved to find the Raiders and anticipated the path they were taking. After three days riding they came across the Raiders by chance in the forests. The company attacked the Raiders in the midst of the night, burning their tents and cutting them down quickly. Ballus managed to make his way to the captain of the Raider Party before he was cut down. Ballus and he fought briefly and it ended with Ballus taking a small scar on his chest, and the Raider leaving with his head cut clean off. Ballus brought Bjor back the severed heads of the entire Raider party and they were set on pikes near the executioners block.

With Bjor's blessing Ballus became a great warrior. He fought many of the raider bands that came through his fathers lands, regardless of the territory Ballus roamed and fought for his fathers justice. Ballus became well known throughout the Northern Wilds Kingdom, his stories even spreading to the other Kingdoms. Tales of a Grey Wolf of house Crad, roaming the North and dispensing justice. Within some time Bjor granted him the gift of standing by his side at court, fighting in his Vanguard when it came to war, and attending executions.

Firstborn: He is a firstborn, exceeding skill with a two handed sword and incredibly powerful as a leader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kingdom Sheet. Take a look at Pig's, and you'll get an idea. The only thing I'd add, and this includes you @Superpiggeh, is the current king/queen/"emperor"/whatever. As for a CS, I'd say have a name, personality, appearance, short bio (three paragraphs minimum), and list what they are (Silenced, Roused, Firstborn).
Ah, okay, so besides the character you create, you'll also be RP-ing the current leader of the created Kingdom?

Ah, okay, so besides the character you create, you'll also be RP-ing the current leader of the created Kingdom?

No, it's just good to know who it is. The current leader would go in the KS, and not be another CS. Of course, they are player-created NPCs, so... Yeah. You might RP those.

Not to be pushy, (sorry if that sounds attitude loaded) But how do I do that whole kingdom thing?

Not to be pushy, (sorry if that sounds attitude loaded) But how do I do that whole kingdom thing?

Again. Look at Pig's, do something similar. I don't need you to do all the tabs. I don't even know how to.

The Northern Wilds Kingdom
'May the Trinity protect us'

A land ruled by a single king with wardens delegated to its regions. The King of all these lands is an elderly man named Bjor Clad, a great warrior who in his time fought to unite the warring tribes of the north. He brought them together under one governance, he fought for many years to bring them together and succeeded. When the tribes began to fight amongst one another he gave them the gift of minor self governance, selecting wardens for each tribe. Each warden was given laws for their tribes and to punish any who dared to challenge the rule and law of Bjor Clad and his 6 selected Wardens.
novseh.jpg

Religion
The Khefte Trinity. Narek, the god of war, chiefest and greatest warrior of all. Shrin, the love goddess, portrayal of all femininity, love, and sexual desire. Lastly Orensum, the great king. Leader of all and watcher over the realm of men.
The rules of this religion are very flexible, a man who kills for a living is not considered evil but considered blessed by Narek. A woman who whores for a living is not evil, but blessed by Shrin. A man who rules with absolute power and holds his honor above his love is only blessed by Narek. The entire religion is extremely flexible, most decide to judge based on personal preferences as opposed to the religious teachings.

Military
The warriors of the North congregate under one banner during times of war, the banner of House Crad, house of the Northern Winds. While they are not an army as large as that of the great Austerians they rarely are forced to fight away from home. In their homelands very few but those who live there can sustain the blistering cold of the north, so whenever they are faced with a challenge they stick to their forests and frozen lands. Within their realm they fight with the ferocity of the wolves and bears that live in the north, viciously cutting down any southerners that dare to come to challenge the Northern Wilds. Many of there armors are based around animals, wolves, bears, foxes, ravens and things of the like. Almost all including some kind of fur to keep them warm.
The Hierarchy of command goes as follows.
  • King
  • Warden of the Territory
  • Wardens selected Generals and Kin
  • Commander of the Battalion (A standard Battalion numbers around 300 men, each territory has a single Battalion.)
  • Troop Leader (Leads around 50, 6 per territory.)
Within these ranks any soldier can have a selected specialty and is typically put into a group of men like him. Archers are set into a different category and are used as units of 50 alone.

Culture

The majority of the Kingdom follows the codes set forth by Bjor however some have special laws. These are the standard laws, one shall not rape, one shall not kill an innocent, one shall not pillage or steal. If called to arms men will follow their Wardens into battle regardless of their houses and their houses loyalties. Executions will be conducted by the Warden of the territory the criminal is in, and him only. After the Warden falls a new Warden can be elected or if needed the Warden's child can take his place.

The culture revolves lightly around the religion, however in certain cases it plays a role. When marriages come around between either the poor or the rich, they have grand marriages and parties afterwards. These marriages happen in the woods, the couple sets up a gathering of sticks in the shape of three triangles overlapping one another. The couple stands in the center and utters the words of prayer, 'Bless this unity, let it be strong, allow us to praise you our gods, as one'.

(Just wanna say this in a modern day voice, the most closely related culture that we know of that would be similar to these people is no doubt the Celtics and a bit of the North from GoT.)

Economy

The economy mostly bases off of fur trading, logging, and some small amount of armor selling. They use a system of money that is commonly called, 'Lupaurum', small silver and gold coins of varying size and value. Four in total, the smallest being a silver piece with a wolf paw on it. The second smallest, a silver piece detailing a single wolf with its mouth closed. The second highest being a large gold piece roughly twice the size of a quarter, with an engraving of two wolves howling. The highest, a gold piece with a wolf head with the trinity on its forehead.

Ok edited my character app as well as putting up a kingdom app.

House Clad
'The North Wind'
302uu4w.jpg

Bjor Clad.
King of the Northern Wilds. Previously called The Black Wolf
Currently the Patriarch of House Clad. He is an honorable man, previously a great conqueror who rallied the North under one governance.

11gonqe.jpg

Bjonson Clad
Biological first born son of Bjor Clad, also known to be the Brown Bear. A member of Ballus' original company he earned great honors from his father. He wears a large coat of bear skins, it accommodates to his enormous stature. He stands taller than any man he has ever met.

54xd6t.jpg

Kelder Clad
Youngest son of Bjor. In recent years he has become an excellent warrior skilled like his brothers, he is an excellent archer as well as swordsman but holds no claim to title in his father's kingdom. He lost his eye in a fight with a raider who took a club to his eye. He is a devoted soldier and is deathly loyal to his family, especially his mother.

abim9d.jpg

Helena Barton Clad
Married to Bjor in order to blend his bloodline with that of the Bartons. The Bartons were the last tribe to resist the idea of a single governance in the North. When her father offered her up for marriage Bjor gladly accepted. They did not love one another at first, but they learned to.

Ah, well, I probably should mention how to do the coding for them tabs:

Code:
[tabs][tab=Example]This is an example[/tab]
[tab=Another]This is another[/tab]
[tab=Example2]Example for show[/tab][/tabs]

Basically, before you want to create tabs, you need the overall BB-Code "tabs" (replace quotation marks with these "[ ]") and the standard closing one with the backstroke "\" at the end as seen in the code above.

After the overall BB-Code you can go on to create your smaller tabs "tab=Whatever" again, with the same closing tags with the backstroke. Refer to the above. If you did the above, you'll get the stuff below.

• This is an example
  • This is another
  • Example for show

Roger that, I think I just wont though. It makes my stuff look bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.