Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
romance, historical, horror
Hello! I have an idea for a group RP that I think might be kinda niche, so I'd be interested to hear what thoughts other people have before I put any more time into it (though, the idea is so precious to me that even minor interest will probably encourage me to keep it going :tongue:). I am leaning towards making this an 18+ RP, unless there is significant interest from 17- peeps, so let me know!

If you are interested in historical and religious themes, and fun stuff like reincarnation, please see below!

For thousands of years, Hellenism was the dominating faith of the Mediterranean region. The polytheistic religion, know for its fascinating, infinite pantheon and complex mythology, provided the people of the area with an incredible sense of spirituality. Every lived experience was attributed to their beloved gods, who were present in every aspect of the world at all times. Well after Christianity entered the picture, this was the religion that dominated the region.

After the conversion of Roman Emperor Constantine to Christianity in 312 AD, this new, monotheistic faith began to find its footing in the Roman Empire. With time and effort, it became the official religion of the empire. While both religions were accepted in the empire for a time, the tolerant nature of paganism versus the evangelizing nature of Christianity made it difficult for the faiths to coexist for long. The end of tolerance for paganism came two emperors after Constantine – ironically, with his half-brother, Julian, the last pagan ruler of Rome.

When Julian came into power, he made aggressive attempts not only to restore Hellenism as the official state religion, but to thwart the spread of Christianity – he wanted to enforce religious tolerance, but to keep Christianity out of the highest ranks of Roman society. His efforts proved futile, however, and the end of his reign brought forth a more decisive stance against paganism by Christian rulers. The last defender of the old gods had unintentionally led to their final downfall.
It’s 2019, and something stirs. The residents of a small American city begin to experience strange dreams – dreams that, they say, feel less like dreams and more like memories. Dreams where they can feel and hear and smell and see every little detail so vividly that it feels unlikely that they had not experienced it. And that seems possible – some psychologists believe that dreams can reveal repressed memories, and for many of these people, the dreams depict traumatic events worthy of repression. There’s just one problem: they could not have experienced these things, because it’s 2019, and all of these dreams are of the ancient world. All dreamers report similar things – swords and spears, chariots, loose linen and sandals, languages they do not understand or immediately recognize. Local historians interview those affected and identify what they can: a phrase in the ancient Greek language, a famous Egyptian temple, a well-known Roman general. Still, no one has any idea where any of this is coming from…

until one Friday afternoon, when all of the affected receive the same letter.
You must be confused. I am sure you are wondering why this is happening to you and why you feel that this is so much greater than a dream – that this is so much greater than you. If that is your instinct, you are correct. This is bigger than you… but you are also bigger than what you know.

I cannot say much here – I will reserve the details for when we meet in person. But in order to get you here, I will tell you this:

You are more than what you realize. You are extraordinary, chosen and favored by the gods, and it is time you come to understand why. What you see when you close your eyes feels like you – it is. You were of great importance to the world once and the gods, in their infinite wisdom and power, have orchestrated your return so you may be once again. A war is coming, and you have a part to play.

Included, you will find an invitation to our first formal meeting as a group. Make it a priority to be there, but the Fates will see to it that we meet one way or another.

-- Imperator Caesar Flavius Claudius Julianus Augustus
This RP will follow an attempt to establish a new Hellenistic pagan state in the region that is now the United States (location not set in stone), led by the reincarnations of famous historical figures of the ancient Mediterranean world. This effort will be led by the reincarnation of Roman Emperor Julian, who attempted to reestablish paganism in Rome and also (possibly) believed in the transmigration of souls. His theory is that the old gods have decided to revitalize their worship, and have worked to bring back some of their most influential worshipers to see that happen, but no one knows for sure what is causing this. Nonetheless, the other reincarnations agree to take part in the Crusade. The plot will unfold in two parts: first, the discovery of the past lives, and then the Old Gods Crusade. This means the RP will start out very character- and relationship-focused before becoming more plot-intensive later on.

Characters will not know who their past lives are at the start. Their past life will make itself known to them through frequent dreams, day-visions, and an eventual epiphany. Dreams and visions will be written by the GM, and players will choose how their characters interpret or react to them. Players will, of course, know the historical figure they will be portraying, which means that they will have to be mindful of keeping their characters believably in the dark. We will potentially be playing with the idea of keeping other players in the dark about each other's characters if that seems logistically possible. Depending on interest, this will likely be a small group, where players are encouraged to take on multiple characters as desired (as long as the characters do not need to interact often).

Visions and dreams can appear randomly, but can also be triggered by people, places, and objects from their former life. In the discovery phase, the group will be travelling to different places important to the ancient world in hopes of triggering additional visions. Players will receive more frequent and/or more detailed visions from the GM when their character is in a location important to them, and when they interact with other characters important to them.

Most characters will have at least one other character with a significant historical connection to them. There will be enemies, allies, lovers, and family members. Interaction between these people is obviously highly encouraged, but players will also be encouraged to develop complex and interesting relationships with characters they are not necessarily pre-destined to interact with.

This is a great opportunity for character development, and to figure out how to balance your character's modern persona with the ancient one that they will eventually rediscover (particularly if their modern persona has any strong religious leanings that might clash with these new discoveries). Players will also establish relationships, negative or positive, that will play directly into how the second phase plays out.

The second phase of the RP will focus on the Old Gods Crusade, the war to capture land and establish a new state, and will occur after all starting characters have discovered their historical personas (added characters will continue this process throughout the timeline). While there will be some focus on the military and actual war aspects of this Crusade, the plan is currently for most of the emphasis to be on the political aspects of the establishment of this new state, with this group of famously ambitious and complex characters all vying for power. The details of the overarching plot of this phase are not set in stone (as they may change depending on how different characters develop, and what players are interested in seeing), but it will generally revolve around the creation of a new nation, heavily inspired by the nations of the ancient world, and the reestablishment of the old religion.
An in-progress list of historical figures that may be included. Let me know who interests you (even if they aren't included yet)! I won't reserve anyone yet, but I'd like to know where the interest is so I can cut/add people.
(By the way, the men outnumber the women here by quite a bit, and I'm sorry about that! There are many women who could be included, but they are mostly lesser known. If there is one you'd like to see, PLEASE let me know!)
  • Alexander the Great
  • Hephaestion
  • Pericles
  • Aspasia
  • Plato
  • Socrates
  • Aristotle
  • Diogenes
  • Sappho
  • King Leonidas
  • Queen Gorgo
  • Hypatia of Alexandria
  • Cleopatra
  • Ptolemy
  • Marc Antony
  • Julius Caesar
  • Octavian/Emperor Augustus
  • Livia Drusilla
  • Octavia
If any of this interests you at all, please consider leaving some feedback. Some of the things I'm curious about:
  • Is this something you would potentially participate in?
  • Would you like to be tagged in any major updates?
  • What suggestions do you have?
  • What questions do you have?
  • What historical figures would you like to see/play? (any notable figures who were Hellenistic pagans [believed in the Greek or Roman pantheon], whether they are listed above or not; they do not have to have been particularly religiously motivated people)
  • Would you want to see the cast of characters open up to other cultures that were not Hellenistic, but shared characteristics in their religions? This would open us up for the inclusion of more Persian and Egyptian characters.
Some questions that have either already been asked, or that I anticipate will be:
  • Will this plot be heavily critical of modern religions/how will religion be handled sensitively/will I feel comfortable in this RP if I am religious?
    • There are many stories out there that treat pagan gods as real, but since they do not address what that means for modern monotheistic religion, they do not inspire any discomfort. I want to lean in this direction as much as possible; this Crusade will be about reestablishing worship of the old gods, not wiping out other kinds of worship. Individual characters might have offensive views, but my goal is that, as a whole, this will be respectful of all faiths. I, myself, am a tolerant agnostic, and I think of all religions, modern or ancient, as equals, and I have no intentions to make a statement with this RP.
  • How much history will I need to know?
    • Very minimal. For whatever character(s) you are playing, I would say you'll probably want to be familiar with whatever is important enough to be on their Wikipedia page. I'm more concerned that you're interested in history, and that you care enough to make an effort to recreate this person's personality in your character. As of now, the plan is for all of the initial "flashback" scenes to be written by me, so there should be minimal cultural knowledge that you'll need. And, if all else fails, you can always ask me for help!
  • Why the United States as a setting?
    • In all honesty, because I live there and I'm most familiar with it :) But also, the US has a unique history with religion and a strange ability to foster the growth of "new" and unfamiliar faiths (think: Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc). I think the gods would see it as a spot ripe for the taking. This is absolutely not set in stone. I have also obviously considered setting it in the Mediterranean region.
  • Can I play Julian?
    • Julian will be a NPC.
  • Can my reincarnation be any sex, or must they match the sex of the historical figure?
    • They do not have to match sexes; however, their gender would carry over into their new body. What this would mean is that a man reincarnated into a biologically female body, for example, would almost certainly experience some degree of dysphoria, even before remembering who they were. So it certainly allowed, but I ask that you keep this in mind.
  • Do the reincarnations look and behave like their past life?
    • Look -- no. Behave -- yes. To an extent, at least. Environment has a great deal to do with how you turn out, so I imagine most of the historical figures we're dealing with would be quite different outside of their very specific circumstances. You can play around with this as much as you want.

Thank you very much for reading! Let me know your thoughts. Even if you are not interested, thanks for sparing a moment to take a look.

((PS: I am also considering a co-GM because all of my experience running groups has been on Tumblr which is vastly different, so if you're SUPER into this and have some experience, hit me up.))

Last edited:
This is certainly something I may participate in. I'm still a bit confused though and need clarification. You, as GM, will write what happened in our character's past in their dreams and visions, so we aren't allowed to construct our character's past? We can't write our own character's past history? What will the character sheets look like and how often are you asking us to post, given time permits?

I'd love more inclusion of Persian and Egyptian characters. I have some Egyptian characters I feel would be great idea to mold into this roleplay, if I decide to participate. Will you be leading the whole plot, along with our suggestions and plot ideas infused in? Will everyone get a chance to input their own ideas and plots?

I'm also curious how characters will be chosen. Do you intend to review them and accept or deny, or simply accept and throw them in the story?

@sing o muse

This is certainly something I may participate in. I'm still a bit confused though and need clarification. You, as GM, will write what happened in our character's past in their dreams and visions, so we aren't allowed to construct our character's past? We can't write our own character's past history? What will the character sheets look like and how often are you asking us to post, given time permits?

I'd love more inclusion of Persian and Egyptian characters. I have some Egyptian characters I feel would be great idea to mold into this roleplay, if I decide to participate. Will you be leading the whole plot, along with our suggestions and plot ideas infused in? Will everyone get a chance to input their own ideas and plots?

The dreams and visions would be written by me, and these would mostly be short (and somewhat vague) flashbacks of their past life that elude to things we already know about the historical figure they're portraying -- things like their death, a famous battle they took part in, their relationship with another character, etc. For example, one of Cleopatra's would probably be a flashback to Marc Antony's death. These would not add anything to the character's story that is not already a known fact. Once the character fully remembers their past life, any memories that may come up will be written 100% by the player. Their "modern" backstory -- i.e. who they are now, in their current life -- is also 100% decided by the player and will have no input from me. The goal with doing it like this is to have some control over the speed in which characters are remembering their past lives, as well as being a nice kinda-surprise for players each time one happens :) I hope that helps! I will probably go back into my post and make that a bit clearer, so thank you.

I haven't decided on character sheets or time limits on posts yet, as I'm not super far into the planning process yet, but I am thinking about a 1-or-more posts per week type of speed.

My goal is for players to have as much influence over the plot as possible once it gets going. There are some general, overarching plot points that I will see to, but it will overall be heavily influenced by player interest/decisions. I find that group RPs last longer when you make sure everyone provides some input.

Aaaand noted about the Egyptian characters! I will keep that in mind.

Thank you so much for your input!

The dreams and visions would be written by me, and these would mostly be short (and somewhat vague) flashbacks of their past life that elude to things we already know about the historical figure they're portraying -- things like their death, a famous battle they took part in, their relationship with another character, etc. For example, one of Cleopatra's would probably be a flashback to Marc Antony's death. These would not add anything to the character's story that is not already a known fact. Once the character fully remembers their past life, any memories that may come up will be written 100% by the player. Their "modern" backstory -- i.e. who they are now, in their current life -- is also 100% decided by the player and will have no input from me. The goal with doing it like this is to have some control over the speed in which characters are remembering their past lives, as well as being a nice kinda-surprise for players each time one happens :) I hope that helps! I will probably go back into my post and make that a bit clearer, so thank you.

I haven't decided on character sheets or time limits on posts yet, as I'm not super far into the planning process yet, but I am thinking about a 1-or-more posts per week type of speed.

My goal is for players to have as much influence over the plot as possible once it gets going. There are some general, overarching plot points that I will see to, but it will overall be heavily influenced by player interest/decisions. I find that group RPs last longer when you make sure everyone provides some input.

Aaaand noted about the Egyptian characters! I will keep that in mind.

Thank you so much for your input!

Thank you for bringing this beautiful idea to the table. Consider me interested. As long as communication between players is solid when it comes to plots, plot twists, and other things we can finagle around with, I'm golden over here. I'm also curious about the co-GM duties and role they play here, if I may be so bold.

Reactions: Achilles
Thank you for bringing this beautiful idea to the table. Consider me interested. As long as communication between players is solid when it comes to plots, plot twists, and other things we can finagle around with, I'm golden over here. I'm also curious about the co-GM duties and role they play here, if I may be so bold.

Perfect! That's great to hear.
As far as the co-GM duties, I am mostly looking for someone more familiar with the forum format than myself who can provide light assistance with some initial setup things like setting up threads and possibly some coding, and also to collaborate on some of the decision-making surrounding bigger plot points, if they are willing. If that would interest you, please feel free to PM me! I would be glad to have the help. :)

Perfect! That's great to hear.
As far as the co-GM duties, I am mostly looking for someone more familiar with the forum format than myself who can provide light assistance with some initial setup things like setting up threads and possibly some coding, and also to collaborate on some of the decision-making surrounding bigger plot points, if they are willing. If that would interest you, please feel free to PM me! I would be glad to have the help. :)

Depends on what kind of coding you'd be looking for (I'm unable to do the fancy kind)- I can certainly help with other duties though!

Hello! You caught my interest with historical and solidified it with Rome. And I'm a big fan of reincarnation plots. Definitely tag me for any major updates, although I'll be subscribing to the thread.

A couple of questions, though. Could a past man reincarnate as a modern woman or vice versa? Similarly, how similar to their historical counterpart are you wanting the characters to be, both in terms of appearance and personality?

Finally, I am fine with the inclusion of Egyptian or Persian characters, but I don't mind if they aren't included either.

Reactions: junebug
Hello! You caught my interest with historical and solidified it with Rome. And I'm a big fan of reincarnation plots. Definitely tag me for any major updates, although I'll be subscribing to the thread.

A couple of questions, though. Could a past man reincarnate as a modern woman or vice versa? Similarly, how similar to their historical counterpart are you wanting the characters to be, both in terms of appearance and personality?

Finally, I am fine with the inclusion of Egyptian or Persian characters, but I don't mind if they aren't included either.

Great questions! These are things I actually have been going back and forth on, but at the moment I am generally leaning towards allowing whatever appearance and/or sex you want for the modern character, since it is the "soul" that is being transferred, not the body. However, unlike sex, gender is very tied to the "soul", so I feel like if they were to reincarnate into the opposite sex, there would be at least some element of dysphoria there, even prior to them remembering who they are. I really would like to allow this, but I'd probably want to keep it to a minimal amount of characters for this reason.

As far as personality, I would like to see them have as similar a personality as possible to their past lives. There's a lot of wiggle room with this, however, just because environment has such a high impact on how people's personalities turn out. For example, Alexander the Great seems like he would have just been a massive nerd and hardly an egotistical military hero if he had not grown up as a prince :) In general, though, players should strive for them to at least seem like the same person.

Hope this clarifies, and thanks for your input!

Reactions: Dusk and junebug
I am certainly and beyond all measures intrigued by this concept! Especially with the prospect of playing Cleopatra whom I love and adore.

Thankfully, most of the questions I in prior had are now gone due to the others.

I thoroughly enjoy the dream aspect and since pagan deities are involved I would recommend Morpheus, the Greek God of Dreams to potentially be influencing this aspect.

e686fc93a6f2e3677ce958ab46ab3702.jpg
rc-morpheus-front.jpg
D2tApRhW0AEkfgl.jpg

I don't know how much Gods will have in influencing our characters but if they do I would like to know their interactions. Many despise and openly clash with one another causing strife and turmoil between them. How would these pagan gods unite under such issues? If Persian deities and Egyptian ones are mixed in does this potentially mean more conflict?

I love history and the Hellenistic era is one of the most influential even till this day. Though, I am curious on how we shall accomplish our goals. If this were happening in the current day how would we persuade people? Would our characters have supernatural powers? Would they be in positions of power to be influential? I am curious about the setting as unfortunately the largest reason massive changes in religion often did happen were through war.

I am definitely interested! I love history and know much about this! I apologize if I sound rude but seems interesting and exciting! You can count me in! I simply want to know the aspect of our world since I often view it as a character we interact with. I also want to know how important and a part of this role play they shall be.

Last edited:
Oh my god... This is amazing! The use of dreams and such, it just so intriguing! I just would like to ask about adding Diogenes, one of my favorite Greek philosophers. Also, are the characters strictly to be the same gender as their past life or is it allowed to be the opposite sex?

Mother of the gods...I actually really love this idea. Thank you, @Kat , for tagging me. I do have a question though; would it be problematic if I asked for the person my character is reincarnated from be a mystery to me as well, or, at least some form of randomized? I think that would be a great deal of fun.

So, yeah, heavily interested. This would be an amazing method to try and break through these textless barriers I've been dealing with. Thank you again! ^_^

I thoroughly enjoy the dream aspect and since pagan deities are involved I would recommend Morpheus, the Greek God of Dreams to potentially be influencing this aspect.

e686fc93a6f2e3677ce958ab46ab3702.jpg
rc-morpheus-front.jpg
D2tApRhW0AEkfgl.jpg

I don't know how much Gods will have in influencing our characters but if they do I would like to know their interactions. Many despise and openly clash with one another causing strife and turmoil between them. How would these pagan gods unite under such issues? If Persian deities and Egyptian ones are mixed in does this potentially mean more conflict?

I love history and the Hellenistic era is one of the most influential even till this day. Though, I am curious on how we shall accomplish our goals. If this were happening in the current day how would we persuade people? Would our characters have supernatural powers? Would they be in positions of power to be influential? I am curious about the setting as unfortunately the largest reason massive changes in religion often did happen were through war.

I am definitely interested! I love history and know much about this! I apologize if I sound rude but seems interesting and exciting! You can count me in! I simply want to know the aspect of our world since I often view it as a character we interact with. I also want to know how important and a part of this role play they shall be.

Awesome input (and definitely doesn't sound rude, I really appreciate it)! These sorts of things really help me flesh things out and think about things I had not previously, so thank you.
As far as the inclusion of the gods, I write ancient Greek characters a lot, and my general philosophy (unless writing something directly based on a myth) is to treat their religion...well, like a religion rather than a mythology (if that makes any sense!). My original plan for their inclusion here is that they would not have any more direct interaction than they would have had in real life. This will complicate the situation for our characters because there will be no definite "proof" that these gods are real, and they will have to come to a conclusion on their own, as is usually the case with religious matters. All of the religious explanation they will be receiving will be coming from Julian (who will be a NPC), adding to the dubiousness of it. However, I am committed to allowing the overall plot to be as member-driven as possible, so if enough members wanted to see more of a mythological aspect included eventually, we could certainly implement it. Plus, Morpheus is cool as hell. :)

The Crusade will be a war. Our characters, once they have remembered their pasts, will mostly become political and military leaders. Their "power" essentially lies in the fact that they embody these major influential figures who would have something to gain from the reestablishment of the old ways. Since this phase won't come until later, the exact way this will go down is still very much something that I envision will be influenced by what members want, and how things play out between the characters. I do not envision the incorporation of any supernatural elements (apart from the obvious), but again, this is another thing that could certainly change with enough member interest.

I hope that clarifies some things, and I will definitely take all of this into account!

Oh my god... This is amazing! The use of dreams and such, it just so intriguing! I just would like to ask about adding Diogenes, one of my favorite Greek philosophers. Also, are the characters strictly to be the same gender as their past life or is it allowed to be the opposite sex?

Thank you!! I would LOVE to make Diogenes an option for you. He was quite an interesting individual, to say the least. :)

It is absolutely possible to have your character reincarnated as the opposite sex -- however, I figure this would result in some level of gender dysphoria for most people, so I'd want any members interested in doing this to be aware of that and be okay with, at least, not entirely ignoring that aspect.

Mother of the gods...I actually really love this idea. Thank you, @Kat , for tagging me. I do have a question though; would it be problematic if I asked for the person my character is reincarnated from be a mystery to me as well, or, at least some form of randomized? I think that would be a great deal of fun.

So, yeah, heavily interested. This would be an amazing method to try and break through these textless barriers I've been dealing with. Thank you again! ^_^

Oh, BLESS YOU for this. Way, way back, when I first started playing with this idea, my original intent was to provide preset character skeletons that members could choose from that did not mention who they were reincarnated from so that it would be a mystery to the player as well. I figured most people would not like to end up stuck with someone they don't like or care about (understandable), so I scrapped that. However, I still think it's a super fun (and, honestly, probably ideal) way to do this plot, so I would love to allow that option for you and anyone else who is interested. This would require a little bit of extra planning in order to make sure that you end up with a person you're interested in, and that you have an idea of what their basic personality would be like, so I'll think this over a little and get back to you on it. Stay tuned!

Thank you! I am sure you'll have some fun with Diogenes's dreams and visions with all the crazy things he said and did. I just can't wait to get started!!!!!!!

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
I thought I'd throw my input in on the idea of additional supernatural or mythical elements. I am all for it, so long as it is done in a way that makes its overall impact fairly minor. Since there will be a conflict, I think including it (or what could be fun, activating it) at pivotal moments of actual conflict to help turn the tide of the faithful once they've proven their determination. The gods, since we do in fact, as the players, know they exist in this setting, we could go halfway and use some kind of key events as sort of miracles (poseidon causing monster quakes and/or tsunamis to target hostile areas or sinking ships), or just go balls out and start distributing enhanced physicality or even some kind powers.

I think the idea is interesting, once we get to that point, but, maintaining the proper focus on characters, their interactions, and the overall story are my key interests. Any thoughts, ideas, or concerns? I thought I'd voice an opinion and hopefully help you decide on what you as the GM really want your story to be.

I thought I'd throw my input in on the idea of additional supernatural or mythical elements. I am all for it, so long as it is done in a way that makes its overall impact fairly minor. Since there will be a conflict, I think including it (or what could be fun, activating it) at pivotal moments of actual conflict to help turn the tide of the faithful once they've proven their determination. The gods, since we do in fact, as the players, know they exist in this setting, we could go halfway and use some kind of key events as sort of miracles (poseidon causing monster quakes and/or tsunamis to target hostile areas or sinking ships), or just go balls out and start distributing enhanced physicality or even some kind powers.

I think the idea is interesting, once we get to that point, but, maintaining the proper focus on characters, their interactions, and the overall story are my key interests. Any thoughts, ideas, or concerns? I thought I'd voice an opinion and hopefully help you decide on what you as the GM really want your story to be.

This is very helpful; thank you! Sporadic/minor influence of supernatural elements certainly sounds like an interesting plot device that wouldn't overwhelm the character focus that I am also looking forward to. I am thinking of some of the moments in Homer's epics where the gods sort of just swoop in and nudge the characters in the right direction :) That could actually be quite useful for moving the story. I am fairly certain we won't include any sort of genuine "magical powers", but perhaps some divine intervention from time to time.

I also want to raise a particular question. What unites these people together? As many of the characters you listed would likely be at odds against one another.

A perfect example is Octavian A.K.A. Emperor Augustus. He fought a brutal war against Marc Anthony and Cleopatra which eventually lead to the individuals deaths. Not only that but I would believe Julius Caesar would have a thing to say to Marc Anthony as he was also once with Cleopatra.

Cleopatra is one of my favorite characters involved in all of this. A leader who needed no translator and potentially spoke twelve languanges. She was incredibly intelligent and manipulated many too keep her positions of power. Even murdering her own siblings to keep her at the throne. She was no idiot and in this game she would likely be worried. She knew what caused her death and it was aiding with the side that lost. Being reincarnated I believe she would refuse to do that again. Though, this might lead to enemies within this group. Will they still be somehow forced to work together or will they potentially fight against one another as they are the true representation of Hellinistic ideals.

I also want to raise a particular question. What unites these people together? As many of the characters you listed would likely be at odds against one another.

A perfect example is Octavian A.K.A. Emperor Augustus. He fought a brutal war against Marc Anthony and Cleopatra which eventually lead to the individuals deaths. Not only that but I would believe Julius Caesar would have a thing to say to Marc Anthony as he was also once with Cleopatra.

Cleopatra is one of my favorite characters involved in all of this. A leader who needed no translator and potentially spoke twelve languanges. She was incredibly intelligent and manipulated many too keep her positions of power. Even murdering her own siblings to keep her at the throne. She was no idiot and in this game she would likely be worried. She knew what caused her death and it was aiding with the side that lost. Being reincarnated I believe she would refuse to do that again. Though, this might lead to enemies within this group. Will they still be somehow forced to work together or will they potentially fight against one another as they are the true representation of Hellinistic ideals.

You've got the right idea! I am actually hoping to see members pick the characters who are most likely to clash, because I am anticipating that the second phase of the plot will be heavy on the internal political struggles of the Crusade. You're absolutely right that most of the characters would probably not happily work together, which is the plan.

I'm so excited!! I already have my character for Cleopatra. 😍