The Odyssey [Mixed Ages] Looking for 2 more players!

junebug

lets weave soulless threads
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
evening on thur , fri, and sat
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
dragon age series, asoiaf series, erotic, dark fantasy, high fantasy, suspense, adventure

mc4dOO.jpg
mc4ZvN.jpg
mc4yKm.jpg
The Odyssey
Advanced, Biweekly, Ancient Mediterranean, Eight Crewmates
Premise
It's 1400 BCE, in a world in which there is not just one caste of Gods and Goddesses, but two - and that's only as far as the mortals inhabiting the Mediterranean know. Atum and Gaia emerged from chaos and birthed the deities the canaille now worship.

From Atum came the Ennead. The nine key elements of the Earth. Shu, Tefnut, Nut, Geb, Osiris, Isis, Set, Nephthys, and Horus took residence in the divine realm. The people of Egypt look to them for guidance and reason.

From Gaia came Uranus, upon their union came the Titans; Cronus the last son of Gaia became ruler of the tyrants.The new pantheon of Gods and Goddesses were the subject of worship among the Greek denizens.

The Olympians and Ennead were often swept away in their arrogance and jealousy, resulting in battles that ravaged the cosmos and even the Earth. This fierce rivalry was inherited by their apostles and thus a discord was struck between the people of Greece and Egypt.

The enmity between their worshippers only furthered the God's own. In petty bids to one up each other they would gift their people with abilities or objects of divine power. Upon receiving a gift, one would bear a mark of their benefactor. Such marks were seen as abhorrent to the masses however - it was a sign of favoritism and otherness. A marked mortal was called a Notatus. Notati were often banished from the cities they called home or left due to the prejudice and harassment they faced.

One place with freedom in spades, is the sea. People are not quite capable of taking to the sky yet so they let go of their roots and travel the briny deep. Most who gather in ships and lead lives less commendable than others are escaping something. Some bear the mark of a God, some wear the skin of mixed races, it is not uncommon for some to be fleeing slaves, yet there are others who merely yearn for the sea.

Two pirate ships act as a haven for crews of the lost and weary, scorned and beaten, the brave and true. Enemies at their worst and rivals at their best, the two crews have often battled and attempted to steal or hinder each other's plunders. Now, they face consequences for their unruly war; after treading upon sacred ground and invoking the wrath of Phorcys, a curse of petrification is cast upon them and the only way the curse can be nulled is by completing a series of tasks.

It's a race against time. If a crew goes too long without completion of a task, someone is petrified. The curse will only be completely reversed if the crews finish their quest and do everything Phorcys asks of them. There is no way out.

Survive or die.

Please direct any questions to the GM, @mingummy, or the co-GM, @espoir.

mcDSPp.png
❝They villify us, the
scoundrels do, when there is
only this difference; they rob
the poor under the cover of
law . . . and we plunder the
rich under the protection of
our own courage.❞
— Samuel Bellamy, from Assassin's Creed

Should I say I'm interested? Because I very much am. As GM I think that's a good thing.

Please do ask me any questions you may have. And please treat my CoGM with the utmost respect~

Thank you for the tag!

This sounds very interesting :O!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug
Thank you for the tag!

This sounds very interesting :O!

Greenie-chan!!!! <3 Welcome aboard!!!!

Should I say I'm interested? Because I very much am. As GM I think that's a good thing.

Please do ask me any questions you may have. And please treat my CoGM with the utmost respect~

there's another gummy here to guard me yay :DDDD

@espoir *glares* Why, why must you continue to feed the beast!?

I'm in! Pirates and Egyptian themes are my jam! XD

@espoir *glares* Why, why must you continue to feed the beast!?

I'm in! Pirates and Egyptian themes are my jam! XD

BECAUSE I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND AND BEST FRIENDS ARE SUPPOSED TO FEED EACH OTHER!!!! 8D

Definitely interested!

Reactions: wxnderlust
Hmmm, I am placing my interest, I have a few questions if it's not too much trouble!
  • Are there any rules regarding Faceclaims?
  • Is there any 'Minimum Character Age' restriction?
  • Aside from their Divine Marks, can a Notatus possess supernatural powers?
  • Might be silly obvious question, will the PCs be the spotlight of the RP?
  • Are there potatoes on the vessels? Pirate Potatoes?

Reactions: mingummy
Hmmm, I am placing my interest, I have a few questions if it's not too much trouble!
Excellent~ and it's no trouble at all.
Are there any rules regarding Faceclaims?
Yes, it is preferred that you use real people for fc or semi-realistic/realistic art.

Is there any 'Minimum Character Age' restriction?
Yes, it will be set somewhere around 18 but there is one position that calls for a young character.

Aside from their Divine Marks, can a Notatus possess supernatural powers?
If they are human no. It will be expanded on when I have the lore page up, but there are different species you may have your character as. Most of these have preternatural abilities.

Might be silly obvious question, will the PCs be the spotlight of the RP?
Yes! There will be few returning characters throughout the rp played by the mods and/or are npcs, but the main cast is of course the players characters.

Are there potatoes on the vessels? Pirate Potatoes?
Haha, I don't believe so but you can bring the first? Please lead the Pirate Potato Revolution.

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: junebug and Izurich
  • Thank You
Reactions: Izurich
Yes, it will be set somewhere around 18 but there is one position that calls for a young character.

Then I shall reserve this particular position please. May I ask what it is in more detail?

Yes, it is preferred that you use real people for fc or semi-realistic/realistic art.

Alright, I will certainly be using Artwork, not a fan of real life pictures for my chars. At worst case, I'll just use good ol' text descriptions.

Welcome aboard, @Izurich! :D

Thank you~

• Love
Reactions: junebug
Then I shall reserve this particular position please. May I ask what it is in more detail?
Noted! The position is Cabin Boy/Girl/etc; they act as a servant for the entire crew but foremost cater to the Captain and Quartermaster. It is common for them to be runaways, escaped slaves, or abandoned children. Min age. 8

Alright, I will certainly be using Artwork, not a fan of real life pictures for my chars. At worst case, I'll just use good ol' text descriptions.
That works for me! If you're unsure if the art piece qualifies just check with me or @espoir

• Thank You
Reactions: Izurich and junebug
@espoir @mingummy Actually, as much as I would like to participate, I think I have enough on my plate as it is. Sorry, The idea is anazing and if I wasn't in several other role plays I would do it. I just don't want to burn myself out and start halting the effort on my replies. Good luck though!

• Love
Reactions: mingummy
@espoir @mingummy Actually, as much as I would like to participate, I think I have enough on my plate as it is. Sorry, The idea is anazing and if I wasn't in several other role plays I would do it. I just don't want to burn myself out and start halting the effort on my replies. Good luck though!

Sorry to hear that, Rose. Thanks for stopping by and good luck on your current rps! :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Remmy Rose
Thanks for the tag, and this actually sounds really interesting. I would definitely like to see more and be a part of it.

Reactions: espoir
Thanks for the tag, and this actually sounds really interesting. I would definitely like to see more and be a part of it.

Awesome! You may not remember me, as I've changed my name every now and then, but I was part of Crescent Wars as Leia Morris and our characters were love interests. I was probably best know as Isla/Rhea/Insouciant back then but glad you're interested and can't wait to see your character! :)

Awesome! You may not remember me, as I've changed my name every now and then, but I was part of Crescent Wars as Leia Morris and our characters were love interests. I was probably best know as Isla/Rhea/Insouciant back then but glad you're interested and can't wait to see your character! :)

I do remember you now. I was away for a little bit, but I'm back and this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

UPDATE

We're trying to finish up most, if not all of the lore today so you guys can go ahead and start creating your characters. If you have any questions or concerns, please let @mingummy or @espoir know. Furthermore, if you happen to know anyone who might be interested in this kind of rp, we recommend you tag them. Thank you guys for your patience!

@Greenie @rechonq @wxnderlust @Izurich