The Novelist and The Wild Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the smell of food hit the sleeping boy's nose, he woke up, groaning a bit. His fever went down a bit. But he as still pretty warm. Sitting up, he blinked getting out of the blankets.

"Hey, be careful will you?" Scolded Michael once peering over to see tge boy. "Look, stay where you are. You shouldn't be walking about yet, okay? I'll come and getc you in a minute."

Bray looked at him, growling from the order, and barked a bit, but did nothing else. He sat in the couch, looking at the wrap on his foot.

"Oh, shush." He murmured. Once finishing the soup and adding a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, he wandered over to lift thr boy up to place him on the dining room table. "Eat up, buddy."

Blinking at the food, he began to savagely eat it, much like a wolf would. Making a bit of a mess. His sister soon came back with the clothes, and toys for the boy, blinking at the sight.

"...I see what you mean now. He really is an animal."

"Mhm." He replied, while absently drinking a cup of coffee he brewed. "What, did you think I was exaggerating? Give me more credit, sis. Look, at least hes eating, right? Yo, Bday, it's not a race."

Ignoring the man, he continued to eat. August sighed, before setting down the bags of clothes and toy. "You don't talk to a kid like that. Watch and learn." She mumbled before gently touching Bray's shoulder, causing him to jump and look up. Seeing the new person, he jumped away, and easily his under the table.

"B-Bray, wait calm down sweetie! I'm August. Mikey's sister." She whispered and crouched down to smile at him. This earned her a growl, as he swatted at her, so she would keep away.

"Great parenting skills, August." He teased, his arms covered carefully over his chest. "You need to treat him differently then you treat your kid, hon. They're two different entities."

Glaring up at her brother, she scoffed. "I've been a mother for ten years. I know what I'm doing...." She mumbled before looking at the savage child who was growling and barking at her. It sound very animalistic. "....You try then." She mumbled before standing up.

Crouching down to his level, he raised a brow at the growling child. "Oi, Braylin. Look, you need to stop, hm? We're not going to hurt you, dork, so just relax and come finish your soup. You can go back to sleep when you finish, and then play with some toys. Sounds fun, eh?"

His growling lowered a bit, though his glare was still there. He slowly came from under the table, jumping a bit when August moved back. Once he was sure no one was going to hurt them, he slowly went back to eating.

"Hmm....What are you going to do with em?" Asked August.

"I dunno, I'll probably just take care of him until he gets better, maybe teach him some proper mannerisms, before helping him to an adoption center? He needs a family, but I don't think that family should be me. I can barely take care of myself."

"That sounds like a good plan." She jumbled as she watched the boy eat. "Well then...I have to leave, I gotta pock Mason up."

"Hey, you should bring him over? Maybe seeing someone his age might help him out a bit, you know? To interact with other humans and stuff. I don't think I'm the best person for him to really meet, I guess. I dunno. Sorry." He murmured, squirming.

"....You know Mason is a bit of a bully....We should wait until Bray learns to be a little more human before he interacts with others. You see how he is with new humans. So let him get used to you." She answered with a smile. "Good luck. And tell me when he is a bit more normal."

"Yeah, fine." He murmured, before moving to rub his face warily. "You should stop by more often, okay? Because you're a mom, I need some help. I've never handled another living being before..."

"I will, promise....I won't tell mom and dad until you want me to. Knowing them they would just freak out."

"They'd freak out no matter what I did." He replied, before carefully picking up the child with a huff. "They'd immediately assume I was dating a girl, or something. They have no chill."

"They would think you got someone pregnant without telling them." She laughed, before waving off her brother. "Good luck, and by Bray." She cooed.

Bray looked at her through narrow eyes, holding onto the man. His cheeks dirty from the food he ate.

Huffing at the sight, he moved to snatch a washcloth before carefully wiping the jelly and soup off his face. "You're a mess, huh? I guess that's one thing we've got in common." He murmured, before carefully setting him down on the couch with a yawn. "So is your tummy all full and good now?"

Status
Not open for further replies.