The Novelist and The Wild Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding onto him, he panicked a bit when he was picked up, giving the other a slight growl, but didn't really do anything to back up his growl.

"Oh hush, will you?" He huffed, before carefully settingcthe other in the tub. "Can you at least undress by yourself? I'll get you some clean clothes after."

Blinking, he began to undress himself. Lookongbat the strange room, he sat down on the floor, staring at the tub.

Starting up the warm bath, he poured in thr bubble bath. Kids liked bubbles, right? He, a grown man, loved bubbles god dammit! "Jeez, kid. This is probably your first bath, huh?"

Looking at the bubbles he instanty got scared. What was that? They were white, and weird....Could he eat them? He reached for a handful and licked it.

"Hey, don't eat that!" He scolded lightly, as he began to absently wash the other's hair. 'Honestly, kid. Not everything is edible, okay? How you've managed to live in the woods with that mentality is crazy. Just, relax okay? Chill. I'll finish up and you can do whatever you want.''

Sitting in the tub, he just sat in the water, unsure of what to do. Growling a bit when he was yelled at.

He was tempted to treat the kid much like a dog by flicking his forehead, but chose not to and reveled in the silence as he properly washed the other. Once finished, he eased the boy out of the tub and wrapped him up tight in a towel. "See? Don't you feel a lot better? Now sit here, I don't want you putting pressure on your leg."

Sitting down, the boy look much more like a normal adorable child once cleaned.

Having snatched a pair of his boxer shorts and a shirt, he offered the other a pair and easily dressed him before grinning wide at what he saw was excellent parenting skills, for someone who hadn't done a single parent-y thing in his entire life. "Feel better? In some clean clothes? Now we can get you back to sleep, hm?"

Standing in the baggy cloths, he looked up at the strange man, before lifting up his arms to he carried like earlier.

Letting out a heavy sigh, he lifted the other up carefully to wander back towards the couch, only to swaddle him like before in the blankets and pillow. "Alrighty, are we good? You can sleep now, okay? I'll probably just be writing, no problem. So... Yeah. Don't feel, like, nervous if I'm not immediately here."

Not really understanding what he said, the child went into a deep sleep, softly snoring. He would probably be out for a few hours. He did have a fever.

Two hours later was there two taps on the front door, before it swung open. "Mikey~!" Purred a woman's voice. His sister.she came to check on him at least once every two weeks. "How's my baby brother." The woman grinned, walking into the living room, before jumping at the sight of a sleeping child. 1992405.jpge

"... Oh, so you've noticed Braking, huh? Found the kid face first on the path towards town with a broken leg and a fever. I cleaned him up, gave him some ibuprofen, and he's been sleeping since." Michael replied calmly, with his eyes locked on his laptop, the one thing tgat kept him connected to the outside world. "Did you bring food? I haven't been able to go out, I dont want to leave the kid here alone."

"....I have groceries in the car....I needed you to help with...." She mumbled staring at the kid, before looking at her brother, wondering why he was so damn calm about this. Then again, he was always calm with everything in life. "Mikey, what the hell? Have you even made a plan on what to do? You should call the police, see if any missing kids are reported." She mumbled, as she went over to look at the child better. "....Aww, poor baby....He looks no older than six." It was true, the boy looks very young for his age
But he was nine. "....I still have some of Mason's clothes from when he was younger." Mason was her son, he was about ten now. "You want me to bring them over? And I can bring over some of Mason's old toys. You can at least make this little boy's stay here comfortable." She mumbled, putting her hands on her hips.

"Hey, don't give me that look! I'm not a dad, and I did the best I could... but, yeah. Clothes would be lovely, the kid is pretty much swimming in my stuff... look, I don't think he's got parents, Cindy. He barely speaks English, he acts like a dog..."

Reactions: ForeverRed
"....So what were you planning to do? Ugh,I can't believe you can't trust your own sister!" August growled. "Why didn't you call me? Or shoot me a text? I would've been over here with some clothes...Look, I'll get the groceries out my car, and then go get everything. Since he has a fever, your gonna need to feed him. I bought some soup, so make him that." She mumbled, as she went to her car to go get the bag.

"I've had him for, like, two hours! Jeez, sis... It's nog like I've had him for days and just didn't feel like calling." He groaned.

"Still, you should of called me as soon as this happened." She hurried back in with the groceries, setting them down on the table. "Here make that soup. I'll be back with he rest." She mumbled before leaving to get him clothes.

Letting out a heavy sigh, one that was a tad too dramatic for a man his age, he carefully closed his laptop and wandered over to the stove to read the instructions. He wasn't a fantastic cook, but he managed to survive on what he had. He had to, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.