The Ninth Age of Aerath: Magic Returns - The Reboot (An Original Medieval Fantasy Adventure, See Inside for Details)

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
((If you think you've seen this thread before; chances are you have. This is a reboot of one of my old ideas that I didn't have time to manage previously, but now want to restart. Some things have changed; others are pretty much the same. But if you're interested, read away!))

Mood Music

Letter.png

------------------

fantasy_adventure_by_jjpeabody-d7g1f6i.jpg

Welcome everyone, to Aerath; the land of Myths and Adventure. But sadly; no magic. Not since the War of the Wizards all those years ago... But I'm getting a little ahead of myself. First; the basics!

- This RP is an action-adventure story, more or less functioning as a D&D campaign (minus excessive dice-rolling) set in a Fantasy world of my own creation. Each player will be taking on the role of a character and resident of Aerath enlisted by the highest authority in the land, The Alliance, to provide aid to various citizens far away from the war-effort who need help. Your characters can come from all walks of life; nobles, peasants, law-keepers, law-breakers, warriors, vagabonds, etc.

- There are nine (9) races to choose from for your character;

Men, Elves, Dwarves, Draenei, Halflings, Dragonborn, Orcs, Goblins, and Khajiit. (some races like, Gnomes, Half-Orcs/Elves, etc., do exist in this RP and are equally playable; but for the sake of keeping it simple, these nine are the most commonly found).

- Within the vast history of the world, magic as we know it no longer exists. This was the result of a cataclysmic event known as "The War of the Wizards". The entirety of Aerath fought against a council of wizards and witches driven mad by an otherworldly power, but in the end, the only way to save the world was to destroy the coveted Omnistone; the ancient source of all magic in the realm. By destroying the stone, they rendered the threat neutralized, but many magic-users fighting for the side of good also lost the ability to use their abilities. As a result, the kingdoms had to invest in new technologies, alchemy, and science to make up for the traumatic loss. To this day, the end of the war is remembered as "Odin's Day" (named after King Odin of Hralaria, who gave his life to destroy the Omnistone).

- The focus of the RP will be on establishing a group of heroes who set out to help the citizens of Aerath as best as they can in the strenuous period of war, but along the way, things will get more complicated as the title suggests. To keep it simple; expect the unexpected.

---------------

snow_castle_by_wang2dog-d7s7d3y.jpg

Phew! I think that's probably a good place to stop for now. If you have any more questions, you can ask me below.

I sincerely hope this thread has managed to catch your attention and if you're interested, please post below so I can get a headcount. I'm looking for about 4-6 people to get in on this idea, so I'd like to keep it relatively small. I'll be allowing everyone to play up to two (2) characters so we can have a pretty diverse cast, but if you want to play more than two, we'll have to talk.

I'm also going to be looking for a Co-GM to help out with this, as it's quite a large project and while I know I'm capable of handling it, I don't want things to get interrupted if I'm ever busy and can't post for a while, so having somebody there to help out who's willing to put in the time would be awesome.

If you're interested, please post what kind of character you're looking at playing so I have an idea of what our cast will look like going into the IC. As for myself, I'll be taking on the role of an Half-Elf Bard/Ranger seeking to help people like his great-grandfather.

-- Tags for original players, should they want to join up again; @caligari, @Justin, @Boo Girlie BoomBoom, @MYTH* @RiddL.

Last edited:
Interested! Planning on either your typical Elf ranger lady, or a Draenei of some sort. Probably the former, since I've a more solid idea for it.

Interested! Planning on either your typical Elf ranger lady, or a Draenei of some sort. Probably the former, since I've a more solid idea for it.

Could do both if you'd like, but it's up to you! Welcome aboard! ^^

I think I'm going to stick to one character for now, should be easier to manage. If I get strong ideas for both though, that might change.

Either way, thank you!

Reactions: mr_pibbs
ALSO; If anyone plans to play a Half-Breed (Half-Elf, Half-Orc, etc), then be warned; there are many in Aerath who are not kind to the intermixing of the species...

I'm interested. Don't know if I'll do one or two characters yet. Question: What is the level of technology? Is it high Medieval, the level one would see in ancient Rome, is there Steam engines running around, etc?

I'm interested. Don't know if I'll do one or two characters yet. Question: What is the level of technology? Is it high Medieval, the level one would see in ancient Rome, is there Steam engines running around, etc?

I’d say it’s still generally medieval, but there’s also a lot of elements of Steampunk and the Victorian era floating around (ie. airships, guns, steam engines). Biggest no-no would be cars or automated vehicles, but some of the more savvy races like Dwarves probably have trains that run through their mines for ease of access.

Alrighty, thanks! Do you have a sample CS as to what you'd like to see, or shall I hold off and wait for now and merely brainstorm in my head?

I’m so glad you asked about the CS xD

I actually have it completely finished (made a nice little code for us to use for extra flair; gave information on what to swap out and whatnot), but I usually don’t post it until I have the OoC finished.

But it’s a typical fair of the usual CS stuff. I’d say the only thing that might ‘throw you off’ is an Inventory option. But yes; brainstorm away!

Also; everyone has the opportunity to have a “Bag of Holding” if they’d like for the sake of RP (for those who aren’t versed with what that is; it’s basically an enchanted bag that can hold just about anything and doesn’t weigh much), but I’d have to ask that you not go too overboard with giving them stuff xD

Sounds good. Though, I'll likely have my character forgo the bag of holding as I enjoy the added struggle of deciding what things, that are found, are important to carry and bring along.

Fair enough; just thought I’d mention it in case people want to like, have their characters carrying pots and pans around but don’t want to deal with a huge bag or becoming the “mule” of the team.

Hmm, this seems to be very interesting indeed. Yep, I'll jump aboard this ship and see where it goes metaphorically speaking

Hmm, this seems to be very interesting indeed. Yep, I'll jump aboard this ship and see where it goes metaphorically speaking

Sounds good!

Also since neither of you guys mentioned it yet; did you have an idea for what race and role your characters may play in the group?

Race: No real idea yet.
Role: Several.
  • A mage/sorcerer/witch/wizard/etc, stripped of his/her power from the destruction of the Omnistone and now struggling to adapt in a world without magic.
  • A clan warrior/barbarian holding, if not clinging, to the old ways as the hints of industrial revolution begins to crop into the world.
  • A modern, Victorian noble musketeer/rifleman fallen from grace in some manner and now must scrape a living using their skills.

Gonna be human most likely
Either a wandering warrior, based around Viking mercenary or a rogue highwayman styled character

@mr_pibbs Thanks for thinking of me but i'mma pass. Boo just not down with the D&D :\

But good luck wipth RP k^^

@mr_pibbs Thanks for thinking of me but i'mma pass. Boo just not down with the D&D :\

But good luck wipth RP k^^

Honestly it’s not really D&D based, just used that as a though-line example of how the plot might unfold. It’d be the same as the previous version, basically. Nothing really new.

But no worries if you’re not interested, it’s cool. If you wind up changing your mind, just let me know! ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Oh hey this looks interesting if you're looking for more. I've always wanted to play an orc barbarian. Less mindless fighting and more just really likes and really good at fighting so he makes a living out of it (mercenary of some sort) or maybe a paladin or knight? Still debating between em

Last edited:
Interesting, interest is peaked slightly. Is there room for a dragonborne?

Interesting, interest is peaked slightly. Is there room for a dragonborne?

Yes there is. And with that; you'll be our last accepted player!

Gonna start working on the OoC now; will let you guys know when it's up!