The Night's Watch - Nightmares beyond the wall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Demonx

Original poster
the-wall-elevator-game-of-thrones-lord-snow-01.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

------------------------------------------------------

An unforgiving wind bites at your skin as you enter the gates to Castle Black. Looking up, you see The Wall towering over you, yet a thick layer of fog obscures the top. You shudder, considering the irony of something so terrifying is your only defense against whatever lies beyond it.
You see a group not unlike yourself in the center of the training yard huddled together, looking tired, terrified and completely out of place. Other new recruits.

As you close in, a voice booms across the yard.

"Rapers...Thieves...Murderers" Looking to the voice, you see a middle aged man with a thick, black beard and eyes with an intense stare that analyzed the group in front of him. "I don't give a flyin' fuck who you were, what you did, or why you're here." The man's accent had a thick Northern drawl and his words came out harshly. "As far as I'm concerned, you came here to train, to fight and to die with The Night's Watch."

As the man continues his speech, you reflect the choices that brought you here. Not that any of it matters anymore. This is your life now. A brother of the night's watch.

------------------------------------------------------

SO! With Game of Thrones starting up again, I felt sufficiently inspired to start up a Black Watch-esque RP! It's going to be world controlled by yours truly. The main focus will be on the rangers beyond the wall, but there WILL be events at Castle Black for anyone who doesn't want to be a ranger.

It'll start with everyone giving their oaths, before setting out beyond the wall on missions set by myself. I'll be playing as the charming man addressing the recruits above, whom leads the ranger parties that go beyond the wall.

So if anyone is interested, I'll make an OOC with a character sheet and stuff. Also, if this does kick off, I'd be looking for a co-GM if anyone is interested.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask here, or message me! Thanks for your time.

Interested, though all my knowledge is from the books.

Well that's cool. I've read the books too :)

Hopefully we get a bit more interest and I can knock up an OOC.

I haven't read the book nor seen the series, so as interested as I am, I may not be suitable for this particular one. But sounds like fun!

I haven't read the book nor seen the series, so as interested as I am, I may not be suitable for this particular one. But sounds like fun!
Well as long as you have a general idea of what you're getting into, I'm more than happy for you to join. If you want to learn a little about The Night's watch, just google it and learn about them, the wall and the wildlings/white walkers and you'll fit right in :P Or If you're still unsure, I can explain in a PM :)

Only male characters, correct?
I'd been thinking about that. If you wanted to be female, you'd have to be a woman disguised as a man, otherwise it wouldn't fit in with the lore. That and a woman in the midst of blood thirsty rapists wouldn't do too well :/ Haha.

Interested. :)

I've seen the first four seasons of Game of Thrones, but never read the books.
I'm waiting for all of season 5 to air before doing a marathon of it though, so I won't be *as* caught up as others show wise for a little bit.
"Rapers...Thieves...Murderers"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :P
That and a woman in the midst of blood thirsty rapists wouldn't do too well :/ Haha.
To be fair, you're talking about a group of people known for picking fights in the wall.
And for killing their leader at the first chance to be with a group of ladies.
The Black Watch isn't exactly immune to corruption and in-fighting. :P

Well as long as you have a general idea of what you're getting into, I'm more than happy for you to join. If you want to learn a little about The Night's watch, just google it and learn about them, the wall and the wildlings/white walkers and you'll fit right in :P Or If you're still unsure, I can explain in a PM :)
Thank you! I will definitely do so. I want to join so I will do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.