The Night the Lights Went Out ((Sign-Ups))

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheRealHermione

Original poster
3829016.png

He was on his way home from Candletop
Been two weeks gone and he thought he'd stop
At Web's and have him a drink for he went home to her
Andy Wo-Lo said hello
He said "Hi what's new"
And Wo said "Sit down I got some bad news that's gonna hurt"
Said I'm your best friend and you know that's right
But your young bride ain't home tonight
Since you been gone she's been seeing that Amos boy Seth
Now he got mad and he saw red
Andy said boy don't you lose your head
Cause to tell you the truth I've been with her myself

That's the night that the lights went out in Georgia
That's the night that they hung an innocent man
Well Don't trust your soul to no back woods Southern lawyer
Cause the judge in the town's got bloodstains on his hands

Andy got scared and left the bar
Walking on home cause he didn't live far you see
Andy didn't have many friends and he just lost him one
Brother thought his wife must've left town
So he went home and finally found the only thing
Daddy had left him and that was a gun
He went off to Andy's house
Slipping through the back woods quiet as a mouse
Came upon some tracks too small for Andy to make

He looked through the screen at the back porch door
And he saw Andy lying on the floor
In a puddle of blood and he started to shake

The Georgia patrol was making their rounds
So he fired a shot just to flag em down
A big bellied sheriff grabbed his gun and said
"Why'd you do it?"

The judge said guilty on a make-believe trial
Slapped the sherriff on the back with a smile
Said supper's waiting at home and I gotta get to it

That's the night the lights went out in Georgia
Don't trust your soul to no back woods Southern lawyer
Cause the judge in the town's got bloodstains on his hands

Well, they hung my brother before I could say
The tracks he saw while on his way
To Andy's house and back that night were mine
And his cheatin wife had never left town
That's one body that'll never be found
You see little sister don't miss when she aims her gun

Cause the judge in the town's got bloodstains on his hand

Cause the judge in the town's got bloodstains on his hand

---------------------------------------------------

My name's Susanne Jean Albright. But folks 'round here call me Sissy.

My folks are long gone -- killed in a housefire. My big brother and I, we was lucky enough to be a school when it happened. My brother dropped out of school to make a livin' for the both of us. He cared about me, and we grew close in the past decade. He'd do anything for me, and I, him. It's jus' out connection, who we are. Or so I thought. Recently, though, he has proven hisself not very appreciative of my efforts for his sake.

And that's why I'm here. To confess to murder, kidnapping, and rape. Ha! It sounds funny to say it out loud, or even to see it on paper! What I did, it really was no crime. I was just lookin' out for my brother, the way he looks out for me. His pretty little bride did 'im wrong, while he was off makin' a livin' for her sake. The worthless woman slept around with Andy Willows and Seth Amos, that bitch. But now... Ha! Andy'll bother my brother no more, and Evangeline and Seth... Well, they's scarred for life they are!

I killed Andy Willows, not my brother. But I killed him for my brother. And how does he repay me? By crying over the Willows man's worthless body, that's how! So I's let him take the blame for a while. But it's time to come clean, for he's scheduled to be hanged tomorrow, my brother. Bet the sherriff and judge'll be pleased they got the wrong man! Ha! Big brother, he's too soft to kill anyone!

But you see... Little sister don't miss when she aims her gun.

Sissy Albright was considered a sweetie by all in Harvest, Georgia. Poor girl, parents gone afore her teenage years... And her brother... Why, Jacob Albright was a honey to give up a good education for the sake of his little sister. A good man... How could he have killed his best friend?

Jacob had met Andy Willows at the local pub on his way home for the weekend, the latter stating that he has somthing important to tell his best friend, somthing that he wouldn't like. Andy informed Jacob that he had slept with his wife, Evangeline... And of the fact that she's been in a serious relationship with Seth Amos from down the road.

Stricken with grief and anger, Jacob returned home only to find his wife gone and a note on the countertop, stating that Evangeline and Seth had decided to run away together. Tears blurring his vision, Jacob fetched his father's old gun, wishing to calm himself by using Andy's shooting range in the woods behind his backyard. Nothing could've prepared him for what happened next...

Upon reaching Andy's home, Jacob immeadiately felt as though there was something amiss. Small footprints were pressed in the mud, and the coppery scent of blood filled the air. And there... On Andy's porch lay Andy himself -- or rather, his dead body. Stricken with grief, Jacob froze in place, gun hanging slack at his side. This is how the local sherriff found him. Jacob was falsely accused with murder and taken into custody.

What Jacob and the sherriff didn't know is that Sissy learned of Evangeline's cheating shortly before her brother. Furious, she loaded her gun and headed to see Evangeline and Seth. After forcing her brother's wife to write the letter that Jacob would soon discover, she took them to an abandoned cabin deep in the woods, determined to pain them the way that they had pained her brother.

After securing her captives, Sissy proceeded to Andy's house, where she shot him through the head. She had barely escaped before her brother arrived.

Between love scorned, revenge, and false accusations, will Harvest, Georgia ever be the same again?

3829018.png

1) The bolded names are just placeholders!!! You have my permission and my encouragement to change them, although "Albright" must be the brother's surname and the wife's married name.

2) No god-modding, power-playing, or auto-hitting.

3) No Mary-Gary Sues. Be creative!!!

4) This roleplay is semi-literate; I expect AT LEAST two paragraphs with a minimum of five sentences each per post per character.

5) This roleplay is dedicated; I expect one or two posts per character per week. Please inform me ahead of time if you're going to be away for a while.

6) This roleplay encompasses dark themes including, but not limited to: violence, alcohol, swearing, and "fade-to-black" content. Join or stalk at your own risk.

7) Doubling permitted, assuming you take one male and one female.

8 ) I would prefer that there be no real romance outside of Evangeline and Seth, please and thank you.

9) This RP is set in Harvest, Georgia. While this RP is set in modern times, I would like for the town to have a kind of old American west atmosphere to it, so keep that in mind, please.

10) Have fun!!!

3829019.png

Susanne Jean "Sissy" Albright -- kidnaps Evangeline & Seth, murders Andy Willows, sister of Jacob; played by Hermione

Jacob Albright -- being tried for the murder of Andy Willows, brother of Sissy, husband of Evangeline; OPEN

Evangeline Albright -- captured by Sissy, cheated on Jacob with Andy & Seth, in serious relationship with Seth, wife of Jacob; OPEN

Seth Amos -- captured by Sissy, in serious relationship with Evangeline; OPEN

The Sherriff -- "catches" Jacob "killing" Andy Willows, works on the case against Jacob; played by Hermione

The Judge -- involved with the case against Jacob, a former officer; OPEN

Character Sheet

Name: (full, please)

Nickname: (if applicable)

Birthday: (month & day)
Star Sign: (optional)

Role:
Appearance: (pic AND description)

State of Mind: (Work for their own gain? For the good of others? Are they mentally unstable? Provide a brief description.)

Personality: (five sentences, minimum)

Dislikes: (five, minimum)

Background: (five sentences, minimum)

Family: (just list with name, age, and relation)

Other: (optional)

Status
Not open for further replies.