The Night of The Hunt [Bloodborne] OOC/Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to have my CS up later tonight. c:

Edit: I will have it up sometime in the afternoon (Sunday) -- I just need to finish his backstory.

Last edited:
Well, this is much later than I wanted it to be-- but here is my CS. Please let me know if I need to make any changes. c:

Appearance: Luca can most often be seen donning the Bone Ash attire, which he recovered from one of his numerous ventures into the Pthumerian labyrinths.
[spoili]
bone_ash_set_female_small.jpg
[/spoili]

Name: Luca Highmoor

Eyes: Pale grey

Hair Colour: White-blond, worn medium length and messy

Height: 5'9"

Hunter Covenant: No true affiliation

Melee Weapons: Bowblade

Ranged Weapons: Evelyn Pistol

Personality:
Eccentric but not unfriendly, Luca is more talkative than most hunters-- though half of what he says often seems to lack sense. His intelligence is easily discernible when he is scouring old texts and translating forgotten pages, but his near-constant murmurings about "old gods" and "great ones" have led some to think him quite mad. Seemingly impervious to the general consensus of his sanity, Luca holds an undying fascination with the scourge that has overtaken Yharnam and works tirelessly (if not obsessively) to trace its origins back to the very beginning.

While he often enjoys what company he can get, the oddball scholar tends to bounce between an extroverted and introverted state-- largely depending upon the situation at hand. Preferring ranged weapons, Luca has become incredibly proficient with a pistol he managed to recover on a venture to Cainhurst and has extended his marksmanship to the Bowblade. Luca avoids outright combat when possible, but he is by no means incapable of holding his title as a hunter, and there's little he won't do to gain information and insight into the scourge-- short of cramming his head into a Mensis Cage.

Background:
Luca was the only son of a middle class family from a land far to the east of Yharnam. The boy was born with pale skin, eyes, and hair-- a telltale marker of a debilitating condition that would claim his life at an early age. Due to the physical frailty the condition induced, Luca was forced to spend his life indoors, leaving him to develop a love of books and learning, and using them as a means of escape from his physical prison. As he aged, his condition worsened. By the age of fifteen, blindness was threatening to take what limited sight he held, deafness was slowly encroaching, and he could scarcely walk without the assistance of a cane. His parents, both professors, had Luca seen by every physician and apothecary they could reach, but it seemed that nothing could spare the boy his young death.

That was, however, until the rumours of an enigmatic city boasting a cure for any ailment reached them. Luca had accepted that, if left as he was, he had only a few years left to live-- and those years were guaranteed to be a miserable existence of helplessness and pain. He had also accepted that he may well die on the journey. If he did reach Yharnam alive and did manage find a cure, then all the better-- but no matter how he looked at it, Luca felt the choice was clear.

The journey by ship and carriage nearly saw the death of the young man. By the time he arrived in Yharnam he had lost complete use of his legs and was almost totally blind. If asked how he made it into the city and received his first blood treatment, he would recollect an old man and little else. What he is able to remember is waking to clear sight, undampened sound, and a physically healthy body. It was unlike anything he ever could have dreamed-- though he was soon to realize that it came at an unexpected cost…

Since his healing, Luca has spent his days in Yharnam scouring the city and surrounding areas studying the scourge that has taken hold. He spends a large portion of his time venturing into the old underground labyrinths, poring over dusty volumes in Byrgenworth, and prying what knowledge he can from any other hunters he encounters. After recently happening upon a research facility deep within the Hunter's Nightmare, Luca has become more obsessed than ever with finding the beginnings of the blood scourge and, with any hope, a way to bring it to an end.

Last edited:
Nice. And approved.

• Thank You
Reactions: kixinorbit
Just curious-- how many places are you looking to fill for this?

Maybe two more people. People can still join later on, but they'll need to add a little explanation to CS as where their character has been while the story goes on.

That sounds good. c:

Would it be worth getting world/plot/cast list together and posting in the advertisement thread?

Mmmmmm.....Maybe if two people don't show up. Or at least til the IC goes up.

Ok. Let's call a vote. Whoever thinks we should start say "Yay." Whereas those who think we should wait for more people say "Nay." People can still join up. @Edward @OwlFeather @Grothnor

Oof, sorry about that-- was out of town.

Maybe wait for one more person? In the meantime, maybe lay out a starting point for the story in the group/main thread area? Doing that and filling in the cast list and rules and whatnot might draw another person or so when they see that things are a bit more solidified?

Last edited:
Okay, I'll set up the cast list and rules. Then work on the IC.

Ah, sorry-- forgot about this. Sorry to say I'm dropping.

Best of luck though! c:

Alrighty. Bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.