1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
You have only recently discovered that you are... one of them. A mutant. Everyone reacts differently to this realization. I'm not sure how precisely you handled it... did you embrace this gift? Were you hateful towards your parents? Or yourself?

Not terribly long after you discovered precisely what you are... a mysterious package comes in the mail. Addressed to you, no matter where your residence is. You open it, and you find only a video tape... you play it...

And there it is... a possible solution. A possible new beginning... And so you venture forth, heading in the direction of Westchester County in New York... Welcome...
NML01.jpg

Thank you for reading!! So, this is an RP I wanna get started. I've already got a couple joining me... we'll be playing the next generation of mutants in Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. We're looking for 3 additional players as of this moment. We intend for this to be a long term RP. We're going to focus on character development, on having fun, on action!

That being said...

RP Guidelines:
~You can play 1 ‘student’ and 1 ‘instructor’. Both students and instructors can be canon or original characters. Or a mix of both. As example, the character I play borrows aspects from both live action and comic books. As long as it’s logical for the character and situation, go for it!
~Adept to Advanced level of writing. Sorry to say but if you don’t care what quality is given in your posts or those of other players, then this is not for you. Respect for the GM and other players. We are all (presumably) adults here, and so we must conduct ourselves as adults who play pretend on the internet.
~Be mindful that others will have different posting speeds than yourself. Some of us can do multiple in a day, some cannot, and that’s okay. Ideally we can get by with everyone making at minimum four posts a week. This applies to 'student' characters. 'Instructor/Staff' posting will be less frequent.
~If you are having issues with character creation, have something coming up where it would be necessary to bench your character temporarily, please let me know so it can be worked out.
~There will be adult themes such as violence, adult language, and situations. If characters happen to become romantically/sexually involved, please move it elsewhere and keep it out of our main thread to comply with site rules.
~Be engaging, be bold, bring your best!
~If you have suggestions for plots, baddies or any other ideas please please pass them onto me! Even if you think it might be a bad idea, tell me what it is. Maybe we can build on it together!

I've made us a lil timeline to get us started. I think it's rather complete. So without further ado...
B.C.
En Sabah Nur is born as the world’s first mutant. He is responsible for building the pyramids using an alien technology. He rules Egypt for a hundred years, and then is the victim of a coup. He is sealed within a technological coffin, which is then hidden away somewhere in Egypt.

World War 2 Era
~Dr. Abraham Erskine escapes to America, being involved in the Strategic Scientific Reserve, and then Operation Rebirth.
~Defenders aid the Allies.
~Logan participates in World War 2. Meets Captain America as his squad and the Howling Commandos liberate a Nazi internment camp of Jewish citizens.
~Erik Lensherr and his family are put into a Nazi internment camp, his family killed before the camp he was in was liberated.
~Charles Xavier is born.

1962. Mutants are blamed for nearly starting a nuclear exchange between the United States and the Soviet Union. That’s what the public is meant to believe. In actuality, a small group of mutants is responsible for averting war. This marks the first ‘mission’ of the uncanny X-Men.

1963. The Weapon Plus Program becomes Weapon X and ‘succeeds’ in its 10th attempt to create a living weapon. This is at the behest of the CIA.

1965. Charles Xavier begins work on a school in upstate New York with the intention of someday having it act as a safe haven and learning center for mutants. It has yet to be opened to the public. He has taken in a small handful of mutants, helping them to gain control over their abilities.

1968. Bolivar Trask receives a grant to begin work on a safeguard system for humanity at large. No more than 2 years later the first generation of Sentinels begins its purge of mutants. They are defeated by the X-Men.

1975. A contingent of Weapon X scientists renew their attempts to perfect the ‘living weapon’ concept using DNA samples from the first subjects of Weapon Plus and Weapon X.

1979. The second class of X-Men is formed. Much of the first class stays on as instructors.

October, 1988. This is where our RP is based. Mutants are now known to the public to be real and not just urban legends. They are seen as modern-day monsters, to be hated and feared by the general public. The fact the Xavier’s School For Gifted Youngsters is a ‘school’ for mutants is not known to the general public. The X-Men are known, but again seen as villains.

Please keep in mind we're just starting to build this RP. So if you have any suggestions, please don't be shy about bringing them up. And don't be afraid I'll be offended. I want to make a story for all of us, I want us all to be a part of it! Even if you think you have a bad idea, bring it up! Maybe someone can build on it!

Here's the CS template... please fill it out and post it in this thread! The first 3 characters to be accepted... well that'll be it! This CS is only for Student/New Mutant characters. Instructors/Staff won't need a CS, since they are little more than NPC's in this. For now. We can see if we need a quick lil CS for them soon!

Player Name: (This is you!)
Character Name: (Their birth name)
Codename: (Your character doesn’t have to have a codename yet. Maybe they haven’t thought they needed one, or can’t come up with one. Eventually (if they don’t already) they will have one)
Height: (Height)
Weight: (Weight)
Eyes: (We will assume they have eyes. So what color are they?)
Hair: (If your character has hair, what color is it?)
Distinguishing Features: (Anything unusual or out of the ordinary about them physically? Purple skin? Tats? Scars?)
Mutant Ability: (Or abilities. What attributes makes them a mutant?)
Weaknesses: (All good characters have weaknesses. Could be just being a frail human, or something silly like a specific kind of rock)
Brief Bio: (Doesn’t have to be super detailed. Just a little background about your character. 2 paragraphs, maybe? Ish? Whatever is said here will be kept OOC, unless mentioned specifically IC.)
Image: (Feel free to use a real person or comic image or whatever)[/hr]

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Player Name: Camleen
Character Name: Laura
Codename: X-23
Height: 5’1”
Weight: 140 Lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Dark brown
Distinguishing Features: N/A
Mutant Ability: X-23 possesses the ability to regenerate damaged or destroyed areas of her cellular structure at a superhuman rate, which varies in direct proportion with the severity of the damage she suffers. X-23's natural healing also affords her virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs, as well as an enhanced resistance to diseases and the fatigue poisons generated by bodily activity. Hence, her endurance, agility and reflexes are enhanced. X-23 also possesses superhumanly acute senses, allowing her to see and hear things at an extended distance. She is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if that person or object is hidden, and can use these enhanced senses to track any creature with an impressive degree of success.
X-23's skeleton includes two retractable bone claws in each arm and one in each foot that she can extend and retract at will. These claws are housed beneath the skin and muscle. Unsheathing them causes her skin to tear and bleed, but the wounds are quickly dealt with by her healing factor. X-23 can unsheathe any number of these claws at once, although she must keep her wrists and/or feet straight at the moment the claws emerge. The claws are naturally sharp, tougher than normal human bone and have been coated with Adamantium, allowing X-23 to cut through most types of flesh and natural materials.
Along with her claws, the whole of her skeletal system has been bonded with Adamantium.
Weaknesses: Despite the extent of her healing factor, X-23 is not immortal. Injuries that result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form are potentially lethal for her.
She has also been subjected to conditioning in which a specific "trigger scent" has been used to send her into a berserker rage, killing anything marked with it.
Brief Bio: Laura was first created as a clone to Weapon X, now known as Wolverine. She was ‘raised’ in the Facility, believed to be somewhere in the northwestern Unite States. The first 12 years of her life was spent, essentially, in captivity. In what amounts to a cage.
She has been put through all manner of torture and ‘conditioning’ to make her psychological closer to a living weapon. The only real vestige of humanity she was ever shown was from her mother. Her mother wanted a normal life for her, but she was as much a captive of the Facility as little Laura was.
Finally, after months of planning, Laura’s mother was able to escape the Facility with Laura. Laura destroyed the Facility itself and killed all of its scientists and employees. And just when it seemed they were in the clear… Laura then murdered her own mother.
Not knowing what to do next, Laura made her way south. And that’s where she encountered a group of mutants that had actually been dispatched to help her. The group was known collectively as the X-Men.
Image:

X-Men. I love X-Men count me in.

• Love
Reactions: Camleen
Player Name: Ms. Ezra

Character Name: Janice Maryanne Kissel

Codename: (Will come to her codename in course of RP)

Height: 5ft

Weight: 100 lbs

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Short, light red

Distinguishing Features: Freckles all over her body.

Mutant Ability: Technopathy. She can interface mentally with any electronic device within an as-yet undefined radius around herself.

Electricity Manipulation. She can manipulate electricity but it is so far untested and only used to power devices and discharge a stunning attack from her fingertips.

Weaknesses: So far has no combat training/conditioning.

Brief Bio: Born in Plainfield, Wisconsin the only child of working class parents Edward, a mechanic and local handyman, and Glenda Kissel a banker. She has always had a gift for understanding how machine work and when she was deemed old enough, now helps her father with his shop repairing/installing the computers and other electronic parts of his client's vehicles. While described by the people of Plainfield as a sweet girl, she was always shy and content to tinker with things in her room or father's garage.

Image:

O1CYWiPa.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Camleen
Player name: Gands

Character: Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin

Codename: Colossus

Height: 6'1”

Weight 210 pounds

Hair: black

Eyes : Blue

Mutant Ability: Armored body, Super Strength, Durability & Stamina. His strength currently maxes out at a lifting measurement of 70 tons. His body grows taller by about a foot and roughly doubles in weight.

Colossus (Piotr Rasputin) - Marvel Universe Wiki: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

Weaknesses: He is still in his youth and has had very little in the way of combat training. He has had a simple upbringing on a farm in Siberia.

Brief Bio: Growing up on his parents' collective farm, Piotr Rasputin saw his older brother Mikhail become a Cosmonaut. Mikhail was later discovered to be a latent mutant with energy warping powers, and to keep him secret the government faked his death. In later years, Piotr learned that he too was a mutant, and could transform his flesh into steel, but he was content to use his powers to help his fellow farmers. When a transformed Piotr rescued his sister Illyana from a runaway tractor, he was approached by Professor Charles Xavier, who was recruiting mutants for a new team of X-Men . Dubbed Colossus by Xavier, Piotr reluctantly joined this new team and Piotr remained with the X-Men in America, though he is finding it difficult to adjust to living in a different culture.

He is skilled a bit with basic school wrestling, Farm work and is a talented artist

upload_2017-10-1_1-59-58.png

upload_2017-10-1_2-18-24.png

Last edited:
Any thoughts on who you'd like ta play?
Most likely playing a brand new character. Might have a mix of Gambit and Wolverine. So yeah lol.

Might have a mix of Gambit and Wolverine.

Coolio. If you want some help coming up with something, just hit me up in PM. But you should know, Wolverine will be a central character in this. And we do already have a Wolverine-ish character, with Laura. Just keep that in mind when you're mixing your potent brew!

love this idea!!!

So do we! Want in?

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Coolio. If you want some help coming up with something, just hit me up in PM. But you should know, Wolverine will be a central character in this. And we do already have a Wolverine-ish character, with Laura. Just keep that in mind when you're mixing your potent brew!

So do we! Want in?
Oh not in power. I meant in personality wise XD but thanks for the heads up lol. Like a Sarcastic Asshole with a Cajun Accent lol.

So just as an FYI... there's a chance we'll go ahead and start the RP here soon. But don't worry! It's so not to late for you to join! We'll start the RP, but given the fact it's a school with people from all over, we can drop in the other characters when we want to. I mean that's how it works sometimes.

I'm game for playing a student. I don't have as much free time as I wish, but I can make the minimum of 4 posts a week. I'll do my best to have more than that. If there's still space, I'd love to join you. My character would be somehow related to Magneto...if that's alright.

Player Name: abalint
Character Name: Josephine Roche
Codename: (gained in RP)
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 133lbs
Eyes: Grey-Blueish
Hair: Dark Brown
Distinguishing Features: Jo looks like an average human. Josephine was born blind, so she doesn't make eye contact nor do her eyes focus on objects.

Mutant Ability: Electro-magnetism, Magnetoreception, Superconductivity

Power Description: She can control metal objects and see magnetic fields [and use them to tell her where she is]. Her manipulation of metals boils down to her ability to control magnetic fields. She can also act as a superconductor which allows her to fly (by interacting with the magnetic fields of the earth).

Weaknesses: Water… If she’s doused in water, she’ll short circuit. At that point she’s somewhat helpless, since she's blind. The reason water does this to her is because the source of her powers relies on her own electric current in her body that is super strong, so when the current is interrupted so are her powers.

Brief Bio:

Her mother's partner (Sarah) was a Holocaust survivor, but seldom talked about her life before emigrating to the USA. No one knew what really happened to Sarah or how she survived due to her refusal to speak about the events. Occasionally, she’d speak in French as a result of PTSD. After the war Sarah emmigrated to America. Proud of who she was, Sarah refused to let anyone take her pride. Working hard, Sarah fell in love with another woman, but they weren’t allowed to wed. Instead, the two lived together until Sarah’s partner got pregnant. Afraid of the responsibility, Sarah's partner left leaving Sarah to care for the child alone.

p.s. Jo calls Sarah Maman

Born in northern New York to mechanics, Jo was accustomed to metal things always being nearby. Her biological mother left when she was young. Her uncle (her biological mother's brother) always said it was bound to happen, but she blames herself for her mother’s leaving. Her powers appeared when she was still young. When she would cry over toys, anything metal nearby would go haywire. Because of this, she learned to control her feelings at a young age.

For many years she helped around the garage as her Uncle was a mechanic. Eventually, she worked on cars herself. Her powers came in handy on many occasions during her time. Always behind closed doors, Jo never showed anyone her abilities. That is until mutants were publicly attacked. She found the news repulsive and often infuriating. But Sarah was very protective. Jo was often not allowed to play with other children in fear that they'd discover Jo's powers. Sarah did this because she feared the government would take Jo away just like they did in WWII France. Jo learned to live at a distance from society as well as on her toes. Sarah taught Jo how to live out of a single bag, how to steal and hide food, and how to disappear.

As time wore on, Jo wanted to search for more mutants and stop hiding from everyone. She wanted to feel like she belonged to something greater which is when she stumbled upon an ad for Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Before Jo left, Sara gave her a journal that explained how she survived the Holocaust in hopes that Jo could gain knowledge in case she had to run.

Image:
e1d8ff6d863f1c72f8f5c20b215c0260.jpg

maglev_color_by_abalint121-d7qva5o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
So as stated, we've got things off the ground. So to speak. Please post your CS here so we can include you in!
The New Mutants IC

Player Name: KC
Character Name: Colt Walker
Codename: Pheonix
Height: 5’9
Weight: 150lbs
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Blonde-brown
Distinguishing Features: three centimeter scar on back right of torso
Mutant Ability:

Pyrokinesis – Telekinetically able to create and manipulate flame in a variety of ways – changing shape, size and temperature.
Spontaneous Combustion – Able to spontaneously combust part or whole body with no damage to his physical form.

Weaknesses:

Spontaneous Combustion –although an ability, this plays as a weakness. As a lot of Colt‘s abilities are effected by his mood this makes him unstable and dangerous.

Water and cool temperatures – Colt’s pyrokinesis can be severely hampered when doused in water, creating more steam and vapor than producing spark in wet conditions unless he is able to draw fire from a large source nearby.

Brash – Colt has conditioned himself not to trust and to act offensively which means he is less likely to think about actions and consequences.

Brief Bio: Born to Lucy and Brian Walker in Pomona California, Colt was their tiny bundle of joy after months of Lucy trying to fall pregnant. Lucy had left her job at the local bank when she finally fell pregnant whilst Brian worked two jobs to pay the rent and save for their family. They weren’t well off, but weren’t uncomfortable either. After having suffered two miscarriages it was considered Lucy’s miracle to have Colt in her life. But all of this changed after just a few months of the baby being brought home. Lucy and Brian’s marriage was strained and with the introduction of another mouth to feed, Lucy felt overwhelmed. As tensions rose, so too did their arguments.

Brian walker had come home tired and a little too full of booze, leaving boot loads of dirt and grime over the floor of their small home. Lucy had heard Brian come in as she had finished dressing Colt after his bath, wrapping the child into a small blanket and placing him in the cot. She had barely turned to exit when Brian had flung the door open, his voice loud and disruptive. Baby Colt had begun to cry and Lucy out of sheer exhaustion and anger at smelling the alcohol on Brian’s breath entered into a screaming match with her husband. The two continued to argue as the baby’s cries intensified until suddenly the baby seemed to explode in flames, his cot erupting in an inferno as his parents were thrown to the ground from the blast of the combustion. Lucy could be heard screaming and Brian yelling for help as the fire raged and soon it overtook the house. Brian and Lucy became trapped and subsequently died in the blaze. Firefighters were astonished to discover the crying baby among the ash and ruin, completely free of injury, his clothes completely burnt away but simple ash smudges on the infant’s body.

It was unexplainable and authorities found it hard to give a realistic explanation for the baby’s survival. With both parent’s dead and his grandparent’s unwilling to take the child he was placed into the state’s care. Colt was placed into several foster homes during his childhood, and though he was described as a happy child, there were several recorded incidences of rooms being incinerated and unexplained fires. As these incidences occurred the family resigned Colt back into the system claiming him to suddenly be too much of a handful. This constant change in arrangement meant Colt learnt not to bother with developing bonds with the people who took him in and viewed himself as broken and not wanted. Though he tried occasionally to make his situations work, he knew when he was emotional that he managed to destroy anything and everything in his path.

His last foster home was not a positive experience and the final straw for Colt came when his foster father had tried to burn him with his cigarette as a means of punishment. He felt the heat against his skin but the cigarette left no damage, his foster father scowling and calling him a freak. The man beat on Colt until he was curled up on the floor and left him locked in his room, Colt unable to combust from the fact that he was exhausted and his body was devoting itself to coping with his injuries. When Colt could manage to get to his feet he used a chair to get to the window in his room and broke it with an ornamental snow globe, climbing out of the window and escaping into the streets. Running until he couldn’t get any further Colt collapsed in the bushes at a local park.

Since that night, Colt had turned to living on the street, experiencing the good and bad sides of street life but glad at least to rely solely on himself. Because of this he does not have a high level of literacy or reading however he is intelligent. Now at the age of 16 he has found himself under attack from some of the locals who sight him as being the person responsible for a fire which claimed several houses and businesses in the district. With nowhere to go, Colt found himself on the run and desperately seeking shelter.

Image:
4daf8d1a160d54ae1b0b8085e771d740--fire-element-tv-series.jpg

So do we! Want in?
Sure! (CS above :) )

Hey, Camleen! I remember you! This looks pretty fun, though I'm seeing a suspicious lack of teachers. Time to fill a gap, if that's okay.

Player Name:
Eon
Character Name: Ryan Stretz
Codename: Bulwark
Height: 5'11
Weight: 180 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Distinguishing Features: Constantly finds his hands covered in small paper-cuts or other, non-serious injuries due to his own clumsiness. It's also worth noting that, due to consistent use of his power, many of his clothes end up having rather muted colors, typically stuck to very tame shades of grey.
Mutant Ability: Can, at will, make anything that's in direct contact with his skin completely invulnerable. While not quite the perfect defense it would seem to be. (detailed in the weaknesses section) While it doesn't work on himself, it's useful for protecting others, and it allows for quite potent enhancements of melee weapons.
Weaknesses: Bulwark's power requires some creativity to make any real offensive use of, and while it's defensive applications are top-notch, they aren't quite as perfect as would appear at first glance. Firstoff, objects affected by his power keep their other traits, despite being invulnerable. Things like flexibility, or an ability to conduct electricity are retained, while also becoming unbreakable. Force travels through effected people or objects as normal, meaning that even if he's used his power on his clothes, things like super-punches or bullets are still going to be the appropriate degree of lethal. Even using his power on something more stable, like a shield, still leaves him at risk of breaking his arms. Additionally, flammable objects that he uses his power on still burn (though there still no damage because of it) and they don't get any better at resisting the effects of less physical methods of attack, such as fire, electricity, or gas. Finally, each use of his power on a person or objects dulls any color, and makes people and objects uncomfortably cold to the touch.
Brief Bio: Born to a very stereotypical suburban family, Ryan's early years were nothing if not idyllic. He had a dog that he loved more than anything, an older sister who he was quite close with, and lived a life free of worries or strife. That is, until his sister's mutant power emerged. It seemed so amazing, watching his sister use her power to selectively freeze small areas in time, creating small "snapshots" where nothing could be changed. Of course, things couldn't last forever. When he was a teenager, he watched as his sister tried to push her powers to their limit, and was helpless as she accidentally froze herself, as well as most of their house, in time forever. It still stands there to this day, untouched and unbroken, since no one can even open the white picket fence to get in. Seeing this triggered the late-blooming emergence of his own mutant ability, and spurred Ryan's dedication to learn more about the mysterious abilities that had taken his sister away from him. Getting into a prestigious school, he graduated with two Master's degrees in Evolutionary Biology, and Psychology respectively. Eventually, he was hired to teach at Xavier's School for Gifted youngsters, both due to his academic qualifications and impressive degree of control over his own power. It was a job he gladly accepted, and after around a year of on-the-job training, he made his first debut in costume as a member of the famous X-Men. While the other members did battle with any of their myriad of foes, Ryan always focused on using his power to limit collateral damage and protect civilians. While his part of the job isn't glorious or flashy, he gets his f
be33454f53cc635f46d4dc3c7e4fbd1c.jpg

Player Name: Ms. Ezra

Character Name: Janice Maryanne Kissel

I think our characters will either be best friends or rivals...in some way shape or form. What do you think?

This looks pretty fun, though I'm seeing a suspicious lack of teachers. Time to fill a gap, if that's okay.
The suspicious lack of teachers was on purpose. I don't want this to become another run of the mill high school RP. I mean.. most of them are about high school age... but that's not the point. I want this RP to focus on the children, the students that become the New Mutants. I didn't actually intend to have any actual teacher characters, except in a few instances where it's necessary for interaction with the students.
Given that...
I've been wrestling with how I want to handle this. I want people to play what they want... but I don't want there to be more teachers than students.
So there won't be.
My intent is for the New Mutants to have 6 members. So I'm going to allow for 3 teacher characters. Teacher/mentor/instructor characters. We'll just see how it goes. If it gets out of hand or something, I will do what I have to do in order to maintain my initial vision of this RP.
So Eon, you can use your teacher character. Someone has reserved the second spot. So there's room for one more teacher/mentor character. Spot has been filled.
This sound reasonable?

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Eon
@abalint
Did you still intend to have your character related to magneto?

Status
Not open for further replies.