The New Mutants (80's Era Marvel AU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...is that an issue. If so, I can edit.
Frankly I do have issue with it. There's some behind the scenes stuff that add to my reservations in regards to Magneto. If you wish to participate, I would like to ask it to be changed, please.

Frankly I do have issue with it. There's some behind the scenes stuff that add to my reservations in regards to Magneto. If you wish to participate, I would like to ask it to be changed, please.

No problem. I made edits. Hope this works.

Realizing that both the professor and Hank are busy... @Eon, would Ryan be interested in picking Jo up from the train station?

Actually it's already been arranged. A post to you will be coming soon from @Eon

Hey @abalint just an FYI, the school and setting is in Westchester, New York, not England so your post seems off in that context.

Oh, I didn't realize. I'll make edits.

Player Name: Ms. Ezra
Character Name: Amelia Kelly Armstrong (nee St. Germain)
Codename: Yellow Line
Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 135
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Blonde
Distinguishing Features: 'Cauliflower ears' from her years of boxing training before her powers manifested. Usually covered by her long hair.
Mutant Ability: Supersonic Speed, Enhanced durability, healing, and perception to cope with demands of moving at such speeds.
Weaknesses: Cannot swim to save her life or others.
Instructor Time: Three years
Classes Taught: Music, Martial Arts (Wing Chun, Judo, Kenpo, Western boxing primarily), Dance
Info Other Teachers And Students Know: She has been married to a concert/studio pianist named Victor Armstrong for two years, specializes in classical music and modern dance. Always seen eating something healthy and abhors 'junk food'. Does not tolerate 'goofing off' in her classes and with her speed can and will be on you the instant she thinks you are goofing off. Lives off campus with her husband, and commutes to work in a 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

Brief Bio: Born in 1958 in Queens, New York to a working-class family, she excelled in music from an early age. She spent her formative years on the West Coast, where she became one of the only young women to engage in the study of martial arts. She learned from anyone willing to teach her in any discipline, until eventually settling under the tutelage of Bruce Lee. It was during this time she manifested her mutant powers, but her martials arts training allowed her control it very early on.

She would eventually move back to New York and continue independant martials arts studies while attending Juliard on a scholarship. She took dance classes to augment her martial arts skills. After Juliard she played small shows, filled in for musicians when needed, and generally lived a purposefully nondescript life until she came to Professor Xavier's attention via Cererbro, and was asked to not only teach at his school but become part of the X-Men. She accepted, and only scaled back her involvement with the X-Men after she married Victor Armstrong.

Image:

ronda-rousey_prommanow.com_.jpg

Reactions: Gands
ten points for the trans am! love it :)

Also apologies, I have been away over the last couple of days and will try to post asap xx

Player Name: Sir Kaltao. (Yes I like being called Sir. No it's not official.)
Character Name: Joseph Heroux
Codename: Think he might eventually choose the codename 'Amp'
Height: 6ft
Weight: 140
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Black
Distinguishing Features: V-shaped scar at the back of his head from a childhood injury, numerous tattoos. Most prominently a portrait of his mother on right shoulder, "Yea, music is the Prophet's art" along his left shoulder.
Mutant Ability: Sound Manipulation. Can alter the properties of existing sound and direct it as a focused 'Sound Cannon', generate infrasound with practice, project himself forward using strong sound waves, could potentially fly, but see weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Acrophobia(psychological fear of heights, not just "I don't like heights") and an attitude that could be construed as 'immature' and chaoticly carefree.

Brief Bio: Born in Ontario, Canada but his family moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota for his father's work in a chain of sports equipment stores. He is the third and last child of the family, with his two older brothers being stars in the NHL. The age gap of 17 years meant he was effectively an only child, but was somewhat neglected as his brother's fame commanded much of his parent's attention. This resulted in Joseph acting out for attention. Began as petty school and household pranks, but progressed into acts of vandalism and theft, even though his family's wealth meant he wanted for nothing much of his life.

He was forced into hockey as an outlet(i.e his father hoping to have three star player sons) then music lessons in voice and guitar to try and curb his behavior. These of course were only temporary successes, as he proved to be fast on the ice and deceptively strong as an enforcer, and a natural at singing and the guitar. Eventually these activities did little to their intended end but make him stronger, and some would say more annoying. When his power manifested, it was instantly used to both comedic and borderline dangerous effect to 'enhance' his antics.

Image:

ba228c7a6f45a4be9f8f4d489f264e6e--samuel-larsen-guns-and-roses.jpg

Reactions: Gands
I'm afraid at this time, sir kaltao's character will be the last we're accepting for now

I see you're full up. A shame. If you open any slots, I would be happy to join in. If it's okay, I'll keep an eye out.

I see you're full up. A shame. If you open any slots, I would be happy to join in. If it's okay, I'll keep an eye out.

We'll keep an eye out for you too if something happens, kupo!

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Status
Not open for further replies.