The New Mutants (80's Era Marvel AU OOC!)

Camleen

I'm going to be my own kind of princess
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Xmansion.jpg

Information Thread and Character Sheets!
The Interest Thread
The IC Action!
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-new-mutants-80s-era-marvel-au.165703/#post-3545028

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands
*runs around in circles* NO ONE PANIC!

So not dead, ya'll. Posts are coming!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hey, sorry for holding everybody up. I've been super busy lately, and now that I've got time to write up my post I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to go about it. I do promise that I'm working on it though, and I'm super thankful that you've all been willing to wait.

If you need help or ideas, please lemme know!

@abalint You were planning on having Jo walk out too, right? I just want to know if I should prep for that in Ryan's little "don't leave the RP, kids," speech.

@abalint You were planning on having Jo walk out too, right? I just want to know if I should prep for that in Ryan's little "don't leave the RP, kids," speech.

Yes. Jo is planning on walking out.

Alright, cool. Should I include that info in my post, or would you rather I not?

I'm fine with assuming Jo walked out after Colt...if that's what you mean.

@Eon @KC

I'm thinking that Jo will walk away from Ryan's speech...something along the lines of "Not my problem". @KC, do you think Colt will go awol? If he does, Jo's probably going to do the same.

@Eon @KC

I'm thinking that Jo will walk away from Ryan's speech...something along the lines of "Not my problem". @KC, do you think Colt will go awol? If he does, Jo's probably going to do the same.
Definately, I couldn't expect him to be all 'lets save the world' at first. :)

You know, it's a pretty well established trope in fiction where people go "dude the world needs you," and they're met with "nah, not my problem," but that's always super weird to me. Like, dude, do you not live here, on Earth?

You know, it's a pretty well established trope in fiction where people go "dude the world needs you," and they're met with "nah, not my problem," but that's always super weird to me. Like, dude, do you not live here, on Earth?
yeah although I guess I see it from a stand point that Colt is a teen who can barely handle his own life at the moment let alone think about saving the world. in his eyes he would see it as saving people who have done nothing but hurt him, underneath he is terrified as we all would be about someone taking over the world but on the other hand he knows what he can do if someone is a threat and he feels a kind of confidence in himself knowing that he would cause devistation if need be to survive. The kid has lived on the streets without nothing, disorder and chaos are more familiar to him than what the school is offering. He doesn't think himself deserving of a situation of calm and order without some sort of catch and it is so ingrained into him that he can't quite handle it when suddenly this offer is dropped. if that makes sense ^.^

For Jo, the entire 'save the world' shit really isn't her jam. She didn't sign up for a war. Jo doesn't have a great relationship with humans because of the hate, but she's also weary of sighted humans (they just don't get her). Besides, Jo really hates school too. She's under the impression that this place is more of a safe space rather than a training facility... Hopefully, she'll come around... Good luck Ryan. You got your hands full.

If Ryan's good guy approach doesn't jive, Amelia might give a tougher talk.

Thanks! Once I got into Amelia's mindset I thought of something kinda mean and went with it.

Since it's Thanksgiving Im going to be with family for the next two days. Im going to try and squeeze in a post in Mutants and elsewhere in the morning before I leave but that may not happen.

Hate to break the good rate we have but, just timing is all.

Reactions: KC
Since it's Thanksgiving Im going to be with family for the next two days. Im going to try and squeeze in a post in Mutants and elsewhere in the morning before I leave but that may not happen.

Hate to break the good rate we have but, just timing is all.

Oh please, I've two days is nothing. Remember how long I made ya'll wait?