the new girl in town ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickey

Original poster
HEY LOOK OUT FOR THAT MOVING VAN...

Hello! I'm a seventeen year old female who has been role playing on and off for about seven years. You can call me Mickey. It was a nickname given to me by a friend who wished to avoid confusion, as there were several other people around with the same name as me. I guess it's also a nice feminine replacement for my real name, which is typically associated with males (thanks, mom??).

It's always been difficult for me to find a site that I like and want to stick to, and I'll admit that I've only ever been a constant and consistent member of one forum, which required character accounts and was fandom-centric. I guess by saying that I'm trying to explain that something like Iwaku is pretty new to me, but it looks extremely interesting and I definitely feel like I'm going to like it here. I've read the rules and FAQ and other important stuff, but I'm not sure if I have a firm understanding of everything just yet, so I'm eager to learn and accept any advice from other members who think they can offer some helpful words to a newbie.

I have more experience with, and therefore a preference for, one on one role plays. I'm way more comfortable with those because I just find it easier to work with a partner, and they're a lot less... daunting, in my opinion. Group role plays, from what I've experienced, are a little intimidating and overwhelming, but in joining Iwaku, I was also hoping that this site would be able to change my opinion about group role plays, so I guess we'll see where that goes.

I'm not really sure what else I can share. I love Beyonce, and listen to her at least once a day. I'm also a fan of k-pop, specifically 2NE1 and miss A, my favourite girl groups. CL is a princess. I've also recently gotten into reading again after a friend suggested the book, Song of Achilles, to me. Reading has rekindled my love for writing, which of course led me back to role playing, which made me google "rp forums" and led me to Iwaku, haha, so there's that. I listen to a lot of different music - most frequently rap, pop (including k-pop, as mentioned), and indie. I also listen to classical and rock. I'm always looking for something new to listen to, so if you have any song recs, definitely send them to me.

I love anime and I'm currently watching Akatsuki no Yona, Yowamushi Pedal, and Hunter x Hunter. I'm also obsessed with US tv shows, including Shameless, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder, Empire, Desperate Housewives, and Devious Maids. If you watch any of those things, shoot me a message because I definitely need someone to gush and/or vent with. Also, I'm always looking for new recommendations here, too.

This became a lot longer than I expected so sorry for that. If you managed to get through all of it, then you deserve a virtual cookie. *insert a plate of them here*

I'm looking forward to making Iwaku my new home, and I can't wait to jump into things.

Reactions: Lady B
Welcome to the site Mickey! Hope you have a fun time here, message me if you have any questions about anything!

A tow truck plows through a wall and the daredevil Shiro pops out in a speedo, his ears twitching and tail flicking
Hi there I am the infamous Shiro to come and greet you to this wonderland of stories. A place where one can truly unleash their powers of imagination [glow=blue] IWAKU [/glow]
So Mickey I shall give you the very first Iwaku greeting I gave on this site. Iwaku Welcome Version 1!
Welcome to Iwaku! Have fun RPing!

Welcome to the site Mickey! Hope you have a fun time here, message me if you have any questions about anything!
Thank you for the welcome! ^^ I hope so, too, and I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I'm still trying to get a feel for the site by lurking and browsing right now.

A tow truck plows through a wall and the daredevil Shiro pops out in a speedo, his ears twitching and tail flicking
Hi there I am the infamous Shiro to come and greet you to this wonderland of stories. A place where one can truly unleash their powers of imagination [glow=blue] IWAKU [/glow]
So Mickey I shall give you the very first Iwaku greeting I gave on this site. Iwaku Welcome Version 1!
Welcome to Iwaku! Have fun RPing!
What an entrance! Thanks for the greeting, Shiro. And the special welcome! ^^

Welcome to Iwaku, Mickey! :D

I am a fellow fan of Beyonce, 2ne1, and Desperate Housewives. I'm still bummed out about the latter not airing anymore :I

I hope you have a pleasant stay~

Welcome to the city of roleplay and fun. Deary, i hope you enjoy your stay. *gives cookies * ^_^

Welcome to Iwaku, Mickey! :D

I am a fellow fan of Beyonce, 2ne1, and Desperate Housewives. I'm still bummed out about the latter not airing anymore :I

I hope you have a pleasant stay~
Can we be friends? 2NE1 is my life. And Beyonce. I'm only on season 2 of Desperate Housewives due to school stealing away all of my time, but I'm so excited to watch the rest.

Thank you. I'm sure I will. I'm hoping to get into actual RPing next month as I'll have a long-ish break then.

Welcome to the city of roleplay and fun. Deary, i hope you enjoy your stay. *gives cookies * ^_^
Cooooookies! Yum! Thank you very much. <333

Welcome to the site Mickey~

Hope to see you RPing soon~

I used to be the new girl a long time ago, but then I got better.

Iwaku will definitely be a new experience for you if you've been mostly in fandom based affairs. As you can obviously guess, you get to make up your own characters and canons. It's much more personal, but don't take my word for it. Use that brain of yours and create the worlds you want. Imagination is powerful shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.