The Nations of Theralune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be willing to help me figure out my economy/industries? It's the one thing that's really holding me up and I just feel really stuck.
I could. What is the problem exacly?

But to give a bit of help; the industry and economy align with your culture and the way your race acts/behaves and what they are good at.

Historical Example; Germany (I dont remember names or accurate dates; it is brief)
The holy roman empire was founded around 800/900 A.C., several nation states putting themself together under one emperor, the largest force to be reckoned with within europe, the territority span deep into italy, the old french german border and parts of poland today.
Now we go almost a thousand years ahead, because that is when things get important; What happened within the Holy Roman Empire constantly? War, the protestant war, the hungary austrian wars, napoleon, the threat of the ottonmark empire to the southeast and the teutonic order(Prussia) fighting lithuania and old poland for their peganism. Meaning, there is a strong military history behind germany.
What was the german reich(not the third) known for? For their land forces (speaking of the late 18XX and the early 19XX prior to the second world war). What was one reason germany was feared? they begun to build up a navy to gain more power by getting colonies.
This is also one of the reasons to consider for the first world war, germany always had a history of great poets and thinker.
Now the important part, during the second world war, do you know how efficent the german army was at the beginning of the war?
Guess what this efficency also brought? The Tiger Tank.
Ultimatively the war was lost due to a bad leader, but this is not important.

Now we go to the modern day, what is it that germany has that was influenced by those things?
The Leopard is the currently best considered tank available to the market, a german product.
I dont need to mention that the weapon industry is bigger than even german themself are made aware of, this is also one very large economic source of income.
Now to field tactics, following knowledge should be three to four years old, so take it with a grain of salt, in a join training, american and german troops were individually ordered to cross the rhine, the bridge head that was supposed to be there was destroyed though.
The american unit digged in and waited for new orders without crossing the rhine.
The german unit crossed the rhine and proceeded with the training.

German people are people that follow orders, the language is blunt and lacks melody, it is edgy.
A war crime that was never really mentioned in school or cannot be otherwise found without being pointed at it from a third source are the phosphor bombings of dresden and many other cities during the second world war. It is a war crime because the allied forces knew that there was no proper military resistance, they basically wiped out large portions of the german population.

A conspiracy theory that I have heard within my own people is that the immigration of so many middle eastern in germany serves more the idea of mixing the "races" so that the "german genius" would slowly decline.
In a way we could also claim that germany is still american occupied territory if you think about it, germany does not have what we could call a military and the majority of troops are foreign; not german.

Short: history+culture=Industry.

You could take a rough look at american history, it follows up on certain events and reflects on culture just the same.
I can write it down if you want, just mind that I do not know more than roughly a hundred years of american developement and progress, again, it is rough knowledge and could be inaccurate or simply wrong because I do not know more.

On the roleplay, for the Ceasare and the Amun, the Ceasare are dependent on mana and the Amun profited from it. As such it has become their strongest industry and their products, army reflect on it.
You can also see this happening with Mite's nation.

So the first question to ask yourself would be: "Who are my people?"

This is the thought processing I work with, it may or may not work for you, so look for what works best for you and not for what I did!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Thanks White. Do you mind if I PM you and we can take this there?

Seeing as how there's still life, I'm going to resume working on my CS. When I have a bit more info, would anyone mind giving an opinion?

Reactions: Seeking Calliope
Thanks White. Do you mind if I PM you and we can take this there?
Of course I do not mind, just go ahead and PM me, always glad to help as much as I can.

@White said my name in their previous post at the top of this page, and so I have been summoned.

Lemme just scan the nation sheets and build up my creativity and enthusiasm once again, and I'll be the same annoying mite I was before. Probably~

We can chat about it!

Also, do we maybe just want to set a start date? See who all posts and then go from there?

Should we try to pull in new blood to replace those who are inactive first? Maybe ping everyone one last time and if they don't respond, then see if anyone else wants to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.