The Nameless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clutching his bag, Chao walked into the crowd, keeping his distance from Ace. As much as he knew Ace would expect him to stand behind him, he also knew it to be dangerous, and didn't get the chance to express his concern before they'd entered the crowd. He looked up into the sky, since the rush of people and faces near him often made him feel crowded and brought up slight issues he had with personal space and claustrophobia. He noted that, in addition to the smoke trail accumulating behind them, there was also another one off in the distance. "How strange...." He spoke to himself, before bumping off someone, nearly knocking the person over. Before he said anything, he quickly checked his pockets and made sure his bag was still closed before apologizing to the person who looked to him slightly angered. He'd hurried off before the person could reply, not wanting to loose Ace in the exodus of people.

Shirk pulled up her mask as they left the building. She maintained a certain distance from ace and chao knowing too well that if they were in a line it would be obvious.

When Snow was grabbed she was on her knees on the ground trying not to yell from the pain of the sound.........

328142-bigthumbnail.jpg

Taken a bit aback by her reaction and what she was doing he could only assume something was interfering with her other senses, probably a high-pitched sound, to block out the other noises. This was indeed a harsh reality for one with so few senses, now only touch and taste, which were nearly impossible to navigate with. Taking a moment to think, He took a small dart from his belt and stuck it into her arm, causing her to fall into a deep sleep. This was all he could do to save her from her current fate. That and in her current state there was no way he could transport her, so as she fell over he caught her on his shoulder, then heaved her onto his back, tucking his hands under her legs, and leaning forward so her head could rest on his shoulder.

As he stepped back into the darkness of the ally, he stepped slowly and kept his eyes forward, this girl would pull a fine ransom, but he couldn't help but to fee a bit badly for her, all things considered. "I will at least say, I won't let the others harm you as they have." He said under his breath, knowing she couldn't hear him.

When Snow felt her conciousness slip away she was overcome with the blissful darkness that followed and silence. Total silence, a blessing to her aching head. With her main sense silenced though her unconcious state produced nightmares that caused her to squirm and whine in her sleep.

Reactions: 2 people
Ace kept moving through the crowd, calmly yet urgently. He made sure not to move too fast and risk giving them away. He gave a small motion to his group signaling them to follow but spread out; making sure it wasn't noticeable to anyone but his group. There were less people on the street he turned onto and they couldn't risk looking like they were all together. He continued down the street until he reached an old office building. He made another small gesture for his group to follow inside. Once they were inside, they didn't have to be as on edge. Name mercs didn't come in here and Ace made sure of that, but he made sure that he didn't let his guard down completely.

When Snow felt her conciousness slip away she was overcome with the blissful.................

328142-bigthumbnail.jpg

Every once in a while she would jerk or spaz a little bit while sleeping on his back. Julius's eyes never wavered from the front, worried that he might encounter other mercs who would hunt him down now, to take his prize, it wasn't uncommon, for mercs to hunt one another if it became public that a merc was carrying hot product back to base. It was all about the money after alll. He hopped over a fence and landed on the other side, then crouched down, taking a quick break. Setting Snow down behind a trash bin, He stood up, and crossed his arms, wondering where the quickest path back to base would be.

As he was lost in thought, two lower mercs came from around the corner, instantly one drew a sword, the other, fully loaded a shotgun and cocked back the killing device. Julius's head lowered a bit as his eyes became dark, How did they know? So quickly too? It seemed impossible, but here they were.

"Were taking the girl, Julius."
"Where did you hide her at?"
Julius gathered his hands behind himself and shook his head lightly. "You are mistaken, I carry nothing more than myself here." He said simply, as the two men grew more and more angry.

"You're full of shit! Give her up, or we'll blast you to bits!"
"This doesn't have to get messy, Julius, just hand her over."

Shirk entered the building and immediately went to the basement to set up the armory. After unlocking the hand scanner she walked in pulled up some maps and began planning.

Snow is unsure how long she's been out, but she can't seem to hear still her ears ringing endlessly. She wondered if she was safe, was she okay? Was she going to die...? She couldn't think straight and can't seem to get all her strength together her hand merely twitching at her side. I have to move... Her thoughts make her force her arm to move, slowly, weakly she feels around her chest and finally finds the end of her cane which she unfolds and opens up with a slightly loud snap that she herself can't hear. My hearing is still this damaged...? I hope that didn't do permanent damage... She strains her ears to hear something, anything but the only sounds she gets are muffled and dull, "You're full of shit! Give her up, or we'll blast you to bits!" She heard that and still groggy presses her cane into the ground as she lifts herself up using the cane as a balancing stick, she walks into the trash can she had been behind, the clang startles her as she taps in front of her every few steps to determine if there is more noise. This was ridiculous, first a crazy, then some mercs, now Snow had no idea who she was with! She hobbles out into the open despite the yelling she had heard and softly says in her actual voice; "I...I...who has me...?" She asks it and shakes her head trying to recover from whatever had knocked her hearing out.

Chao looked up to the building, a slight grin on his face. Not bad, not bad. He entered shortly after Ace, careful not to be too eager to follow him for safety reasons, Always gotta be careful he thought, entering the building. Quickly, he found an abandoned cubicle and threw his bag onto it, cringing as he heard the creak of the table under the weight of the bag. Hurriedly, he grabbed the bag back up and instead placed it beneath the table, so his equipment wouldn't collapse under the weight of the long since used cubicle. He took a seat, which had conveniently been by the table and reached down to open up his bag. He didn't take anything out. Agh, too much work. I'll get to it later. He sat back up in the seat, leaving the bag open on the ground. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the disk launcher and disks he had been displaying earlier, both still warm as he'd been consciously grasping them all the way to their new HQ. "Do you have a second Ace?" He looked over to him, grinning, "I mean, this is kind of something that could save our lives, given the situation.

Snow is unsure how long she's been out, but she can't seem to hear still her ears ringing endlessly......
328142-bigthumbnail.jpg

Julius's eyes shifted behind him when he heard the trash cans clang together, He knew the mercs would jump on this oppourtunity, so he placed his hand upon the hilt of his katana. With a slight second of silence the mercs jumped towards the girl, and Julius's head lowered, "May you find peace, in death." He said under his breath as within a flash of light he cut through the men as though they were the air themselves, only a slicing sound could be heard and then the thud of two corpses, sliding along the ground. With a quick twirl of his blade, the blood left on it slapped the ground and he turned back towards the girl he had just protected.

Taking a few steps towards her he slid the blade back into the sheathe, with a decisive click.
"Are you harmed...?" He said simply as he helped her step over the trash bags and back onto the street. He wasn't sure how much she remembered, or what he could convince her of, he knew everything about her, but what did she know of him? perhaps he could use this to his advantage. His eyes trailed her as he rested a hand on his hip and leaned to one side. Wondering how she would respond.

Snow had heard the slicing, the thudding of whoever had died and relief washed over her. "Oh thank goodness I can still hear...That was ridiculous!" She allows the person she's with to help her move onto the street once again before tapping her cane around him and tapping his shoe which allowed her to turn and face him with her unseeing eyes. "Thank you...I...I'm not harmed I don't think...but my head...it hurts so much. I feel sick to my stomach..." She taps the cane around once more and turns starting to hobble away from the man who had helped her; she still couldn't trust anyone so she wasn't sure if he was going to come after her or not but if he did she already decided she wouldn't put up any resistance. I swear, I'm changing my style once this is over and done...I don't want those weirdos to find me again... Her thoughts are spastic in her head and she sighs under her breath.

328142-bigthumbnail.jpg

Julius stood there for a moment, thinking, He couldn't simply let her walk away, then again, he could monitor her from afar that way, but that wasn't his job, his job was to turn her in. The more he thought about it the more he questioned why he was so distant with the idea of taking her to HQ. Watching her hobble off he shook his head and approached her once more. "Come now, you are sick, let me lead you to safety, at least until you are better." As he spoke he felt a choking sensation well up in his chest, why was he doing this? This was a stupid idea, but it was the only thing he could really think to do at the moment.

Snow stops and sighs quietly, "I can't put up with being by myself right now I don't think so I will go with you..." She sounded older than she had originally spoken, apparently having given up on hiding her voice. Turn me into someone or whatever I don't think I can manage to care right now I just want to rest... Her thoughts are slow and Snow still wasn't moving very quickly like she probably should have been.

328142-bigthumbnail.jpg

Julius nodded when she said she would go with him, He knew a nearby place she could rest. Taking her hand he led down the street a bit and then stepped into a small quiet restaurant, Taking a seat in a tall booth near the back of the building. Sitting Snow on the inside while he sat next to her, trying to hide her somewhat, He let out a sigh as he scoped out the people here, some her recognized as mercs, others just normal citizens. He would have to make sure noone asked any questions here, as the waiter approached he nodded and simply asked for two waters. Then crossed his arms and leaned back in the booth.

"If you need to rest, I recommend you do it here." He said lightly to her, Hopefully everything here would go smoothly, If word got out he was protecting one of the Nameless he would hve a hard time explaining to Sir, what exactly was going on.

Gold saw the whole exchange between Julius and Snow and wondered if he should introduce himself, again for Snow. He tilted his head while he sat on the edge of the tall building look down. He got away without explanation from Lilith and X by playing the innocent by standard and just walked figuring they would want information from him if they could see him again. He figured he might see them again but didn't worry about it a whole lot. Who is this new character? Gold figured it was a merc but was thrown off when he started helping the blind clearer. He laughed and spoke out loud, "You're meeting a brand new group of people and they just keep getting more exciting." He laughed and stood up from the roof and worked his way down the building. Introducing yourself in public? Now I feel as if I'm moving recklessly towards suicide these days. He smiled as he kept his head down and entered the building Julius and Snow had entered. He made it obvious he was staring behind his cloak.

Ace unloaded his materials before going over to Chao. "Alright, let's see how this thing works." Chao was obviously proud of his creation and wanted to show it's capabilities; plus it could just save their lives as Chao stated. "What type of ammo does this thing take? I mean I know it shoots disks but I'm assuming not just regular CD's." Ace inspected the launcher for a moment, then put a hand on Chao's shoulder. "Alright, on your go." He said waited for Chao's demonstration

Snow's sluggish movements slowed their progress but when she was set down and whoever had her sat on the outside her thoughts started to return even though her head throbbed. Is he hiding me...? From what or who? Her unseeing eyes shut as she sips at the water and sighs softly, "Um...My name is Snow...Just so you're aware. Could I perchance get your name? and...if possible some pain medicine?" She rubs the bridge of her nose squeezing it lightly thinking At least this person isn't threatening to kill me...That's a relief. Even though Snow was sitting she kept her cane in her hand, just to be safe but she was also thinking she would have to ask for someone's help, Snow couldn't exactly see to pick new clothes; which she desperately needed by this point. The night had been too eventful for her taste. "One last thing...if you're not going to kill me, think you could help me find something to wear, maybe something common, honestly I don't know what I look like half the time and I choose the more stand out-ish outfits I've got. It's not the easiest thing to find clothes when you can't see."

Chao's grin widened, "Well your right in that. These aren't ordinary discs. If they were, they wouldn't be the only one's of their kind. This one," He picked up the blue one with the sticky surface, "Is a major advancement in my studies of wireless communication and data transfer." He loaded it up into the disc launcher, then placed it carefully on the table as he reached into his bag to grab two devices. One was a metallic box, about the width, height, and length of his hand. The other was a handheld monitor. From the side of the disc facing forwards, Chao pushed in slightly, watching as a small chip slid out of the projectile. He grabbed the chip then placed it into the monitor on a slot in the side. He got up from his chair, holding up a finger to Ace signifying he wait just one second. With the metal box in hand, he crossed the room. He placed it on a table far enough away from them, but still visible from his table. He returned, grabbing the launcher in his hands. "Watch carefully. On that storage cube I've stored two things. A picture of a pistol, and a text document containing the word "Blue"" He aimed carefully, though he didn't really need to. While testing the device he'd gotten plenty of target practice, so it came as no surprise as the disc was launched, making the slightest click noise, then landed firmly onto the box roughly twenty five feet away, the sticky side holding it firmly in place. Chao wasted no time, grabbing the monitor he'd placed on the table behind them. On the box, the disk glowed blue for around ten seconds, then appeared to die. "There you have it Ace." On the monitor held in his hands was two files. One a picture of a pistol, and the other a text document, which when he double tapped to open, had the words "Blue" written on the screen. "I called it something really simple, opposed to it's scientific name. That's the power of the Portable Hacker Projectile. Just shoot it at a device, and depending on the firewall, it'll hack every single file there." He smiled proudly at the other projectile of it's type, "It's single-use though, which is good. Don't want a name merc reusing it."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
328142-bigthumbnail.jpg

Julius nodded when she spoke of her name, her body was quivering less, so the pain had to be subsiding at least a little bit, which was good, he needed her to not stand out at all. He already knew her name, but in this instance he needed to play along. "I am Julius, and yes, I've something for pain." Reaching into his shirt he pulled out a small reddish phial. No bigger than the tip of his finger, he took her hand and placed it in the center of her palm. "Drink this, it's a powerful pain-reliever, it's meant more for clotting in case of wounds, but it will work for your case." As he crossed his arms once more he felt prying eyes upon him.

His eyes turned to the side and landed upon a man sitting idle at a table across from them, who was making it rather obvious he was staring them down, as Julius looked him up and down, he realized he was the one called 'Gold' another Nameless. This set him a bit unease as he was hoping they could take a small break from being tracked, but as it would seem they would be tracked down by mercs and nameless alike. Julius sighed and closed his eyes, lowering his head.
"Snow...let me know when you're ready to go, this place isn't safe." He said under his breath, trying not to move his lips, so Gold couldn't read them. She was right in needing new clothing, but Julius wasn't entirely sure of what exactly they could do about that, He could buy her clothes....

"It's nice to meet you Julius...and thank you for this." Snow takes the medicine quickly before the hair on the back of her neck begins to stand on end, Someone's watching us... She thinks before turning her head to listen for odd sounds. Her sharp hearing picks up Julius' voice though and she nods in response before she stands up and she smiles as she speaks up suddenly. "I know I'm such a girl but I do need new clothes, these have gotten all nasty." She sounds cheerful and pleasing, maybe more like she was talking to someone important to her instead of just a normal person, after all she had no idea who was watching them, so she would fall to her acts. One that particularly made people uncomfortable was when they felt they were spying on a couple.

Instead of tapping ahead of her to leave she tucks the cane under her arm and offers her hand in Julius' general direction, "Help guide me please? I would appreciate the help." The smile is hard to ignore, but her unseeing gaze makes her seem more creepy simply because she isn't looking at Julius, of course you can't look at what you can't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.