The Nameless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold smiled at X, he was more intrigued by him then the other two. He clapped his hands together with strong enthusiasm. "I know well of that weapon." He looked to the ladies, He slowly moved his hand to his golden mask and wove his hand around it displaying it properly. "Gold is the name." He paused, and his tone changed to a fake depression of a voice, "Use to be a name mercenary for a man that I didn't quite like. I hear I am the only one to get away." He hit his leg with this hand and started laughing hysterically and it came out as a wretched laugh from a mad man. "God! Would I kill that man! I haven't took pleasure in taking someone's life in awhile!" He stopped, and looked to X, But his mask seemed to be looking past him instead. "You're hand will slightly twitch before you shoot. You'll probably go mid chest as my arms and legs aren't muscular enough to be a hit point. Alley way to the left and right." His tone was neutral and sounded hollow. He stopped, and said joyfully, "Shall we do this? If not I need the blind lady to find another lady that I have a rather keen interest in right now." He slowly puts his hand into a small pocket and pulls out a piece of paper and shows him the name. Lilith

Last edited by a moderator:
Snow felt herself ushered out with the help of the woman who she had just been afraid of a moment ago, some part of her felt relieved because many times she had to fake more than her voice; no here with X and Lilith she was fine with being her normal self. I hope they don't figure me out, I wouldn't mind being around them for a little while at least until that Gold guy goes away... With a deep breath of fresh air Snow sighs softly and coughs a bit. "Thank you very much Miss."

Snow was feeling a little better now and she wondered to herself if there was anything she could help Lilith and X with, so purely on interest and instinct she speaks quietly, "I would like to repay you for your help...so if there's something you may need help with I would gladly offer my services. I've told you already I'm not entirely useless."

There were two things that immediately got X's attention. "Y-you got away...?" He had been trying for years to get out of Sir's control, but every time he got close, he'd find out somehow and be punished. Half the scars on his body were from 'punishment.'

The other was:
"What do you want with Lilith?" He hoped she could hear him.. Please be listening Lily.

She in fact, could not hear him. X had tuned himself to a completely different operator than she had.
"I don't think there's anything you'd like to help me with." But then... "If you can tell me anything about a man called Ace though, you could save my life." It was strange to be kindly asking someone for information, but damn did she need it.

If X could have seen Gold's eyes he would have cowered away. There was so much thirst for blood that he radiated a weird sensation. "You work for him!" X could feel the excitement in his tone and it was deadly enough to send a chill down someones spine. Gold couldn't contain himself he was shaking so bad, "Oh X, I can practically see the pain in your eye. It's so heart warming to know that you have tried and tried to escape." He laughed as he took off his black jacket and showed X his arms. The scars were practically protruded out of his skin, all deep cuts, ten at least on each arm. Burn marks were everywhere, along with several gun shots with slits on his joints and needle marks. He chuckled, "You should see my face." He grinned. He was enjoying himself, "I was his Reaper. For awhile, unfortunately when you play with a Reaper for too long he becomes less angel like and more demonic. But I do wish to see that man, again. But not now." His tone was getting more evil-like. He was spitting out certain words with venom in his mouth. "Lilith is the girl with that blind Name Clearer." He pointed out, his tone more calm. "I was given a task, and I will not fail it." He looked to X's weapon. "Two choices, you put the gun down and I promise no harm will come to either of you." He paused for a few seconds. "You try and kill me and I end up having to kill her. But in no way, shape or form am I wanting to hurt anyone. I want to talk to the Name Clearer and Lilith and gain... information if you will. So?"

X's face paled noticeably at the man's bloodlust. What would drive him to this? He could only assume it had been Sir's fault. Beneath his leather sleeve, he had similar scars himself, was Gold's insanity going to become his as well? But wait-
"That blind girl's a clearer?" This changed everything. He lowered the gun and headed for the door, looking back at the previously opposing man. For now, he'd trust him. A clearer was always bad news, no matter his partner's trust in her. "They couldn't have gone very far. Let's go." Besides... If he truly meant no harm to he and his partner, this was more beneficial.

Gold put on his jacket and followed X. He was smiling under his mask. They just came right to you. He couldn't believe how easy it was. Things were going well, now he had to explain everything... Mostly everything. He smirked. He had to admit, if Lilith was at all like this X he figured it wouldn't take long. Hell, this was a chance of a lifetime. He could finally get back at Sir, for everything. His fingers tingled with excitement, when was the last time he felt this way?

Snow was too far to hear anything really from inside the house, her ears still hadn't recovered and she was feeling slightly sick now, when Snow was asked about Ace though she turned a little cold. "No...I don't...I don't know anything about Ace at all...I've met him once before but...well people are not so trusting anymore so even though I was clearly blind and hurt..." Her unseeing gaze travels down, she was upset now and worried. Gold knew what she was...what if he told that man X about her? I should have just...gone with him probably...now I'm likely gonna get killed. Her thoughts are dark and the feelings that Snow is showing right now are mostly fear. This was a bad situation she had found herself in, she wasn't found by Clearers she had been found by Mercs. Maybe I should just spill, at this point I'm dead either way.

Snow's heart beat was fast, she could hear it well in her own ears but she couldn't find the courage to tell Lillith anything. Snow is not a malicious person by nature, her wish to destroy evidence only a way she uses to save her clients, it was rare that she actually made a big mess like this, now she was in the biggest mess of her life and she had no idea what to do. Something vague occurs to her though and she taps her chin lightly with her long nailed finger tip, "Wait...you..." Normally Snow was not first to ask something like this but her gut instinct kept shouting at her. "You're a name mercenary right...? There's this awful name merc place I have heard about...the boss is awful. I'm going to regret this...you'll probably kill me for saying this but...If you need help, in another way...Like say...Clearing your name...I could help." Courage or not, she wanted to at least die after she had told the truth, that's the kind of person she is, she didn't like liars, she especially didn't like the fact that she herself was one of those liars, so if she was screwed either way she wanted it to be on her own terms.

Julius had been listening in on the encounter between the mercs and those they had just caught, it seemed like that bit of conflict was too easy, people who resisted the mercs were almost always willing to give up their lives to keep from being brought back by one of them. He wondered if the Nameless were finally striking back, and this was some false form of subterfuge they were thinking was going to work, by getting inside. Then again, the Nameless were on the run, always, and he made sure that this perpetual motion was always in tact, the world only turns one way after all.

Stepping out from the Bell Tower of a large church he took his earpiece out and placed it into his kimono style suit pocket, after folding the piece into half. His cold eyes wavering over the streets, his mind wandering silently as he eyed the common people going from place to place, it was a difficult job tracking down those who stood against the system, but it was one that was interval to the progression of human life. This was the way things were now, this is how the world worked.

Ace looked at Chao and Shiek as he thought for a moment. "We need to relocate, take everything that's essential and burn anything that can be replaced. We have to remain one step ahead." Ace knew that this was a drastic measure but the mercs were even with them now, they didn't have any time to waste. Ace also knew that they would need to thin the merc's numbers. "Also, if you ever get a clean chance to kill a merc, kill them quickly and quietly. We need to start cutting them down. They need to know that they're getting involved in something they don't want to be in. We rule this city and they aren't taking it from us."

Lilith froze in her tracks. "I wish you wouldn't have said that." Activating privacy mode, she turned to Snow. "I would've let you live. I don't have a reason to do otherwise but now... My boss just heard you."

"X! Where the hell are you?!" Sir butted his way into his ear device, it was clear he was angry. "Damn! That was right in my ear you ass!" He assumed Gold would understand who he was talking to.

"While you're off doing what I assume to be nothing, Lilith is parading around with a clearer. Get in there, I want the girl dead!" X rolled his eyes and rubbed his temples.
"Actually, I'm already on it Sir. " The normally respectful title sounded more like a curse. "Now get out of my ear." Sir had started ranting, but with a simple voice command X shut him up. "If he knows then Lilith has to. The girl may already be dead."

Gold growled and with tremendous speed kicked the back of X's knee attempting to knock him down. He continued running and eventually came upon Snow and Lilith. He pulled his gun out and aimed it at Lilith, his body was shaking with rage. "Don't." His ton was vicious.He was already waiting for Lilith to move or speak to Sir. He closed the distance, and grabbed snow by the arm.

Snow sighs a bit and taps her cane around Lillith. "I told you because I try to avoid being a liar. If I do happen to get away somehow though, I will be sure not to tell Ace I met the merc looking for him." She states this clearly and plainly not caring if the merc's boss had heard or not. Snow was bound to run out of luck somewhere, after all that was most of the reason she had even been able to become a clearer, she was lucky and heard a lot of things. She hears Gold coming, hears him stop, hears his anger and sighs gently. "I am in the worst situation ever." Her tone was shifting again, slightly more malicious, maybe angry, it was hard to tell because she still sounded childish. Maybe now that he's arrived... Her thoughts turn towards the mess that she's made before raising her hand to touch a nearby wall, she puts her cane away and takes off running down the alley she had moved into using the wall as a guide.

Chao grinned, "Yes sir." He began to collect up most of the devices and some of the maps he'd had sprawled out across the table, placing them into an old sports duffle bag underneath. "I mean, not that I overly enjoy killing people, don't get me wrong. If there were anyone in our group that'd be more fitted to Sheik. But it's nice that we're finally taking action. I can use my new prototype." He pulled the weapon he'd been grasping out of his pocket, leaving his leg feeling weird as he was used to having the weight pressed against it. The "Weapon" looked just like a normal disc launcher, made with metal that had some wires coming out of it and a laser sight underneath, "Have I showed this thing to you yet Ace?" He finished packing up all the devices he needed, heaping up the remnants into a pile on the table. He then set to work taking down the pictures and maps that littered the walls, throwing them into the pile of technological waste, "It's really interesting. I mean, the launcher isn't it's just a normal disc launcher with a small air compressor attached so it can shoot further. But what's really interesting is the projectiles, two types of them." He grabbed the duffle bag, already prepared to leave the building. He was used to having to move so he got the steps down to a rhythm. He crossed the room to wait by the door until the others were ready. In his other pocket he pulled out four objects. Two looked similar, and the other two looked different but similar to each other. They were both, as expected, discs colored differently. Two were blue, and looked a little smaller with an adhesive side pointing upwards, while the other two were large and colored red. "You don't know how long I've been working on these four discs." He looked down to his hand with a proud look on his face

"No I don't believe you have. You can show me when we move to the secondary base. Right now we need to move fast, we want to be gone before the fire draws too much attention. Don't use that door, use the back door. There won't be anyone back there and we don't want to be seen leaving the place." Ace talked as he gathered I.D cards and tossed them into the large pile that Chao had started. He figured he'd just order new ones from his supplier. As far as his documents, he used his glasses to take a picture of them and stored them in a small chip in the frames. After he got all of his important documents saved he tossed the papers into the piled and moved onto weapons. Ace was used to using blades seeing as they were more discrete and drew much less attention then firearms but desperate times called for desperate measures. He loaded a handgun and tucked it in his belt under his shirt.

"
On you Shiek, we gotta move" he said as he gathered his things and put them in a backpack. He looked around to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything before joining Chao at the back door

X fell forward, catching himself before he face planted. "Bastard! I knew I couldn't trust you!" After he recovered, he ran after Gold.

Again he found himself under the barrel of the elemental pistol.
"If you shoot, I shoot. If you get the hell away from her and run after that little clearer girl, I won't shoot. Make your choice." The torn he used was dead serious, there was no hint of his usual sarcasm.

Lilith's icy gaze turned to Gold's gun, her eyes flicking to X and back again.
"I don't want to hurt her." Luckily, Sir couldn't hear her for the moment.

After he heard Lilith confirmation that she had no intention in killing the woman, he looked to X. He held up his hands, with a gun in one hand and a device in the other. He slowly walked toward X, smiling all the way. He pointed the gun to a wall and shot twice. The device that he was holding made a loud screaming sound of a girl, extremely high pitched. He motioned X, figuring he would know what to say after. Gold turned to Lilith and walked straight towards her, he held out his hand offering her the weapon. He used his other hand to point at her ear and motioned her the same as X.

Snow sighs a bit and taps her cane around Lillith. "I told you because I try to avoid being a liar.......
328142-bigthumbnail.jpg

Stepping out from the shadows behind the ally that this small girl was now progressing through, Putting his hand up he caught her shoulder, stopping her from moving entirely, and in the same motion, placed a barrel of a large caliber pistol to her for-head. As his eyes descended upon this small frame of a girl he noted quickly that her eyes were vacant, and this was the trait that one of the Nameless had, this one, was a somewhat well known Clearer, those who erased names from the databanks and freed the mindless drones that they tried to keep in order.

"Miss Snow, I presume...?" His voice was calm and even comforting almost, but behind it was sinister and cruel, his pale face never changing in the cold stare he kept on the girl, He wondered how a girl who was blind, could have eluded them for this amount of time, He 'could' just end her troubles right here and now, but no body is worth anything, only living creatures with names, were worth his time.

When Snow was grabbed she was on her knees on the ground trying not to yell from the pain of the sound that was killing Snow's sharp ears, eventually she can't hold the cry anymore and not being able to hear anything, anywhere, or anyone she cried out, "Make it stop!" Snow didn't care who grabbed her a this point she just wanted the sound to stop. Her head pounded, hurt so bad it felt like the migraine from hell, the pain made her naseaous and she leaned off to the side a bit trying to prevent herself from vomiting.

With her hearing totally disabled Snow started to become extremely afraid, shaking like a leaf that the person who had ahold of her could feel even. If I ever get out of this I am changing my style so I can ghost better, too many people have seen me today. I should dye my hair too. Her thoughts are slow and she's only even able to think because that's all she can do at this exact moment. Think, that would have to become Snow's escape from the sound, live in her own head until the sounds stop and her ears hopefully recover. Snow says nothing just sits there shaking, thinking, terrified, she really couldn't handle not being able to hear.

"Yes sir" shirk darted to her room and began throwing weapons in her duffle bag. After getting all her main weapons out she. Grabbed the grenades. They were a mix of incendiary and explosive. "Ready to go sir"

"You're my partner Shiek not a servant. You can just call me Ace" he said as she met up with them. He pulled a lighter out of his pocket, lit the flame, the tossed it into the pile of things that were no longer needed. He watched as the papers caught flame first and then spread until the entire pile was engulfed in fire. After a few moments the fire began spreading to other objects around the interior of the building before the fire began consuming the interior itself. "We've got about seven minutes before it gets to the point where someone notices something's up, we best not be here when that happens." Said Ace as he closed the door, locked it, then broke the handle. He put on his glasses and led the group into the crowd. "Stay close" he whispered to them before he was in earshot of anyone else. He moved smoothly through the crowd, not looking back at Chao and Shiek but listening out for them and knowing that they'd be right behind him.

The play field may have beened evened, but Ace was done being on the defensive. Today marked the day that the Ghosts became demons

Status
Not open for further replies.