The Name Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akai.jpg

Harumi was confused. Scared? Yes. Petrified? Of course. But confused? That was the biggest thought roaming her head.

"Why me?"

The girl looked up slowly to the boy at the register. He seemed happy enough. Maybe he liked to murder people. Maybe he thought this was fun. But what Harumi thought of the most was why he was brushing this off like it never happened. The girl began to giggle, but not as maniacally as you would think.

"Thank you sir. But you just need to ask," The small girl said, reaching for the bread-- with her right arm of course. Instead of taking the bread from the boy's hand, she flashed her wrist to him.
"But you know, Mr, I do believe you're a part of this ordeal, correct?" Harumi asked, glancing at the left arm, even though his wrist was out of sight. Finally taking the bread, she put it in her grocery bag and spoke.

"I won't ask you for your name. But at least don't pretend like nothing just happened. I don't know what either of us did to deserve this, but there will be people after me. Whether it's you or not, I don't care. But at least make me a promise to do a better job of concealing your identity, Mr. Ichida."
Harumi said, glancing at the name tag the boy wore on his chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.