Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
The Name Game
Note: Before I go any further, I'd like to mention that there will be a possibility character death. This is a survival game roleplay, so if that isn't your cup of tea, please refrain from joining. If you're still interested, please read on.

Overview:
This roleplay revolves around eight people becoming involved in a survival game called, "The Name Game," which occurs once every one hundred years. The participants are called "players", and the game is played in the form of a three-level tournament (eight participants, then four, then the last two). Each player is matched to another one, whose initials are stamped upon their wrist. The goal is for each player is to kill the player whose initials are stamped upon their wrist. The prize for winning is one wish.

Rules:
1. You must kill the player whose initials are stamped upon your wrist in order to advance to the next round.
2. Killing another player's target is prohibited, and will result in disqualification and death.
3. Once you kill your target, you will be considered "idle" until the next round begins.
4. How you kill your target is up to you. Anything goes, so long as the above rules are adhered to.
5. While "idle", you cannot see the initials on the other players' wrists.
6. Non-players cannot see the initials.
7. Committing suicide will result in disqualification, and the player whose target committed suicide automatically advances to the next round. Likewise, if your target should die through any means other than you killing them (either directly or indirectly), you shall advance to the next round.
8. If the wrist with the initials stamped onto it is somehow disconnected from the body (i.e. your arm gets cut off) it is cause for disqualification and death.
9. Initials are based on birth names, so all currently legal names are not put into consideration, as well as legal name changes that may take place during the game.
10. Breaking any of the above stated rules will be punished with disqualification and death.

Requirements:
1. I can't stress this enough. Be a good sport. If your character dies, so be it. The warning was put in place, so please don't start an argument if your character is killed. Thank you.
2. No godmodding or power playing. You can't control the other characters, and you aren't invincible.
3. No auto-attacking and please use logic. If someone tries to shoot you at point blank range, you're probably going to get shot. Also, give the other character a chance to react. Don't say something like, "Hanzu shot Mary in the leg." Instead, say this, "Hanzu aimed for Maru's leg and fired."
4. This roleplay will not have any time skips, to prevent anyone from coming out of nowhere and killing someone else. Please be as specific as about where your character is and what they're doing. Don't say they're in a building looking through some magazines. Tell us what the building is, and what they're specifically looking for in the magazines (if anything).
5. Please try to be active at least once or twice a day. It's fine so long as your character isn't close to interacting with others, but give us a warning that you'll be away. Because the characters are matched, please try to keep absences reasonable, and for those waiting, please try to remain patient. At most, I'll allow for a three day absence before your spot becomes vacant (after your first post).
6. Location is EXTREMELY important in this roleplay. If you change cities and/or states/provinces, you NEED to describe that you're doing so in your post. If you're on a plane, just listing what state you're currently over is fine.
7. Because of the basis of this RP, there needs to be a medium for how much one can do in one post. Since I'm the first poster, I'll set the 'time limit'. In other words, if my character partakes in events that would take him about an hour to complete, all posts after that can only partake in actions that would be completed in about an hour. Granted, there will be times when a time skip may be used to speed things up, but they will be rare.
8. Do NOT abuse OOC information. Just because you know it, it doesn't mean your character automatically does. I will be checking for realism and coherence in posts, and I will ask you to change it if it seems unrealistic or to be abusing OOC information. More than two warnings will result in getting kicked from the roleplay.
9. Respect your fellow role players and all forum rules. Thank you.

Application:

Name:

History:

Personality:

Appearance (description or image):

Other:

post so I can come back and work on a cs, looks promising....

Status
Not open for further replies.