The Mystics - A Push Based RP

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by sincere_and_silent, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Based off the movie Push

The Company wants to study us. They want to test us, experiment on us, use us. Until they can find a way to control us. The Company is the branch of the military. Every military in the world. If they can control us, especially the stronger ones, then they own the world. We can't let that happen. Even the weaker ones. Especially the weaker ones they use as their test subjects.

What about us? We are your neighbor, your friend, your classmate. And sometimes, in rare instances, we are your brother or sister; your mom or dad. But to The Company...

We are Mystics.
    Info:
    PM/Message me your power with the name and what it does so I can okay it and add it to the list. There can be multiple characters with the same power.
    Generations - The first Mystic were created in 1944. The year is 2013. Depending on your family and how young everyone had children, you could be up to a 4th or 5th generation (if your family has a tendency to have kids YOUNG). If you are a 1st gen, this means they took YOU and gave you powers.
    The Drug - The drug they use to create us is becoming harder and harder to make. They very rarely make us anymore, unless they are absolutely certain we will be powerful.
    Company's Objective - To make us as powerful as possible, while controlling us. Though the ones they use now are under their control, they are weak.

Known Power Types:
    • Seeker - Sees only the ever-changing future.
    • Illusionist - Can temporarily change the shape of objects (change a penny to look like a quarter, a marble, etc) as long as the shapes are similar in size.
    • Mover - Can move things with their mind.
    • Pusher - Manipulates minds. Though it doesn't always work on strong-willed individiuals.
    • Bleeder - Can emit high-pitched sonic waves that cause the target's blood vessels to burst
    • Surgeon - Manipulates cells to return to their correct positions, essentially healing, or unhealing, injuries. They can only heal what they know.
    • Shadows - Can become a shadow for a definite amount of time.
      • Shadow Type I - Becomes a shadow itself, allowing for interaction with shadows as though they were solid.
      • Shadow Type II - Steps into an existing shadow, allowing free movement through all connected shadows.
    • Ghosts - Can become unseen.
      • Ghost Type I - Can use manipulative properties only become unseen.
      • Ghost Type II - Can blend into their surroundings
    BIO

Type:
    Name:
    Distinctive Marks:
    Alliance (Company or Mystics):
    Generation:

Family:

- Mother:
    - Father:

History:

My Characters

Type: Mover
    Name: Trenton “Trent” Mathias Black
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Distinctive Marks: Several scars on his back and a tattoo between his shoulder blades that he has an Illusionist change every few days.
    Alliance (Company or Mystics): Mystic
    Generation: 2nd

Family:

- Mother: Mentalist
    - Father: No powers

History: N/A

~~~~~~~~~~​
    Type: Seeker
    Name: Emma Grace Lueyl (LOO-UL)
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Distinctive Marks: Small red dot from a birth mark on her right forearm.
    Alliance (Company or Mystics): Mystic
    Generation: Unknown

Family: Unknown

History:
    It was only three months ago when her life seemed to start. She awoke in an alley in NYC, not knowing anything of her past. She knew her age and that she was a seeker. Other than the vision she saw to find Trent, that was all she knew. So she set out to find the boy in her vision.

She found him within days. He hadn't initially wanted to help her take down The Company. He thought she was an insane little girl and wanted no part in helping her. Not until Company came chasing after her. She was tough as nails until the day they nearly captured her. That's when he seemed to start caring. That's when his fighting spirit returned. He took down all eight Company agents that had been attacking Emma. All it took for him to help her were her insistent cries.

Now, they are on the run. And only Trent sees her vulnerable side. Only he can protect her.

#1 sincere_and_silent, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Type: Surgeon
    Name: Zaigou Masa Taida
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Distinctive Marks: A Tattoo Of An Eye On The Back Of His Neck
    Alliance: Mystics
    Generation: 3rd

Family:

- Mother: Advanced Surgeon
    - Father: Seeker

History: Frequently finding himself in places of dire need, Zaigou earned his name while in Japan. He'd been working for the mafia as their Surgeon and was at one point attacked by a rival gang. It wasn't until a few days later that the bodies turned up, in pieces. He had apparently deconstructed their bodies piece by piece. It was then that they realised he made a better assassin than a doctor. Not to say that he wasn't a good doctor. Just not as good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Type: Pusher
    Name: Zora
    Appearance: [​IMG]
    Distinctive Marks: None
    Alliance (Company or Mystics): Mystics
    Generation: 4th

Family:

- Mother: bleeder
    - Father: Pusher

History: Zora's parents died when she was young because of the company, so instead of ending up in an orphanage she took her brother and ran. They traveled around most of their lives. Zora however vowed to stop the company and free any other mystic.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Type: Bleeder
    Name: Jake
    Appearance: [​IMG]
    Distinctive Marks: none
    Alliance (Company or Mystics): Mystics
    Generation: 4th

Family:

- Mother: Bleeder
    - Father: Pusher

History: Same as his sister's Zora. However he doesn't remember his parents like she does.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Would love for more people to join! We are absolutely still accepting!

Also, guys, I'll be posting today. Sorry for the delay!

5. Do I need to have extensive knowledge of the movie to play this RP or is the premise (company/mystics) the only thing based on it?

6. Pretty much, yeah, I mean, there are third parties and stuff as well, but overall, so far as she's told me, it's pretty much open

7. [MENTION=4656]Requiem[/MENTION]: Alright cool, thanks!

8. It's loosely based on the movie. You don't need to have seen the movie, just read my description. Pretty much anything goes. You can work the company into your own side plot if you will. I love you guys to make the story your own.

9. I am very interested in this concept, however I'd like to make two characters(twins) for this Roleplay.

10. Well, we already have a few people playing a few people, a few more people aren't going to hurt anything :P

11. Well, i was planning to have one of them die off early anyway, but I'm glad you have no objections.

12. Haha, yes by the way, Req is my appointed co-host for pretty well all my Roleplays. So go right ahead and have multi characters! Deaths are always welcome! (I'm a drama lover)

13. Okay, the 'more the merrier' is the jist I'm getting. Cool. By the way, the plot looks awesome so far.

14. Type: A Land-Shaper
    Name: Terra Pangaea
    Appearance: http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/TrinityDemonia/Kitten Kaboodle/TerraPangaea.jpg
    Distinctive Marks: Intricate, lattice work tattoos between her eyes and down the left side of her face, inked in the hue of clay and adorned with jewels resembling flint. Three dots score her lower facial features.
    Alliance: Mystic
    Generation: First

Family:

- Mother: Unknown
    - Father: Unknown

History: Terra Pangaea's powers were an experimental hybrid of Illusion and Telekinesis, as to transshape the battlefield in the course of war, a pawn utilized by The Company, as to aid the victory of the highest bidder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type: Advanced Surgeon
    Name: Dolora Grey
    Appearance: http://s165.photobucket.com/user/TrinityDemonia/media/Ravens world/deadlymonarch.jpg.html
    Distinctive Marks: Her unclad form is but a canvas of scars from past attempts to self inflict and heal injuries
    Generation: Fourth

Family:

- Father: Bleeder

History: Her powers to 'heal' lay dormant, whilst the ability to inflict pain is the favored aspect of The Company. She is known as a psychic assassin, and utilized in the control of riots which could ensue in the institution. She knows nothing of the truth of her sibling, also a subject of The Company.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type: Advanced Illusionist
    Name: Doriyn Grey
    Appearance: http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/TrinityDemonia/DoriynGrey.jpg
    Distinctive Marks: Meticulate, golden design ascending her right breast, and what appears to be a tattoo of a pendant about her neck.
    Generation: Fourth

Family:

- Father: Bleeder

History: Her form in under the guise of a permanent illusion, none save for The Company knows what she truly looks like. She knows nothing of the true relation between her and Dolora Grey.

#15 Daniella_Belli, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1

15. Type: Type II Shadow
    Name: Marcus Alden
    Appearance: Marcus can usually be found in a suit and maroon tie, but the rolled-up sleeves and unbuttoned suit jacket give him a casual look more than a businesslike one. He wears a pair of slim oval-frame glasses, and a maroon scarf that trails off behind him. Marcus keeps the scarf on regardless of the weather, since it's more to hide the marks on his neck than to protect from the cold. Marcus can be seen smoking, but he tries not to do it too often out of respect for others. Under his shirt, he has an assortment of marks on his back and sides similar to the ones on his neck. His eyes and hair are permanently tinted a dark grey because of his Shadow genes.
    Distinctive Marks: Faint welts on his neck, back, and sides.
    Alliance: Mystics
    Generation: 3rd
    Family:

- Mother: Type I Shadow
    - Father: No Power

History: Marcus grew up in a tense environment because of what he was. His father had thought he married a normal woman. That is, until Marcus was born. At the young age of 5 was when Marcus' inherited Shadow powers came into the forefront. His mother knew that one day Marcus would show signs of being a Shadow, but his father didn't take the news as well. He started beating Marcus and his mother to cope with his own frustration at being lied to by her. This left the young Marcus with both physical and emotional scarring, and even to this day he winces if someone mentions his scars. After several years of abusing Marcus and his mother, Marcus' father finally divorced and left the two on the street. Luckily, Marcus' maternal aunt, an Illusionist, took them in and allowed them to stay as long as they liked.

Marcus grew up going to school normally, but after his powers manifested, he began homeschooling and only went back to public school after he learned to control his powers. During high school, Marcus picked up a smoking habit to cope with his father's beatings, and even though he is no longer under his father's jurisdiction, he still smokes now and then out of habit. Marcus' father kicked him out when he was starting his senior year of high school, so he had to transfer across town so he could live with his aunt and still receive his schooling. Now graduated, Marcus seeks to attend college, but with the Company hunting down Mystics like him, his life goals will have to be put on hold as he assists his newfound compatriots.

Type: Advanced Sensor
    Name: Jericho "Spectre" Steele
    Appearance: Jericho stands at just over 6'1", and keeps his naturally black hair cut short and styled into thin cornrows. Usually seen in a dark, slightly dirty suit, with the shirt and jacket open and the collar flared somewhat. Has short stubble on his lip that faintly connects with his beard and sideburns. His right eye was injured in the past, and Jericho wears a bandage over that eye if the injury starts getting too severe.
    Distinctive Marks: Jericho's right eye was injured in the past, causing it to fill with blood. As such, the normally white part of his eye is stained a dark red. Has a tribal weave armband tattoo on his upper right arm.
    Alliance: The Company
    Generation: 1st
    Family:

- Mother: None
    - Father: None

History: Jericho grew up in the slums, and due to neglectful parents was forced to fend for himself. He grew up tough, and won most every fight he got into. The Company saw this raw talent, and decided to hone it for their own purposes. After Jericho turned 16, the Company swiftly took him in and gave him the Drug that would manifest his powers. They came in the form of super-sensory abilities; he could hear, smell, see, and think much sharper than the average person. The Company kept him under close supervision, monitoring his progress with the growth of his powers and his requested proficiency with the sword. At first they were reluctant to grant his wish, but decided that a man with a weapon was deadlier than one without. Day after day Jericho honed his skills, year after year he improved himself for the Company. He wanted to become as strong as they wanted him to be, so he complied with all of their requests and demands. Jericho honed his powers to the point of being able to practically slow down time within his mind, allowing for reaction times much quicker than any human beings.

Though he was strong and skilled, Jericho had one fatal weakness: his ego. As he got better and better, his focus got worse and worse. He started thinking he could do anything, and very nearly could. Jericho's cockiness was put to the test in a nearly impossible assignment; one from which Jericho didn't come out unscathed. One of the blades he was supposed to avoid tore a part of his eye in such a way that he could still see, but was still painful. The wound itself was healed, but his eye filled with blood from the accident, and it still pains him now and then. After the incident, it was clear that Jericho still had some honing to do, and his big head deflated considerably. Now an emotionless, precise hunter, Jericho was unleashed with one purpose: find all Mystics and bring them to the Company.

#16 Solistor, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Love your profiles! Jump in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.