The Mystery of the White Tiger

F

Flaremon

Original poster
big_cat_sanctuary1.jpg

Plot
Early in the morning, daybreak, someone helps a robber, known only as 'Chris,' to break out of the confining prison. Nobody knows who or why. Moreover, after someone has went through the trouble of breaking him out, the robber is soon hunted for his life when one member of Alvin Donovan's team of young detectives found him hiding under a bridge. Finally attaining their first major case in months, Alvin wasn't going to let this fly. "It looks like we have our first real mystery!"

Later, after being approached by the escaped convict, the gang helps Chris out by trying to find the one who's after his very life. But soon, their very lives are plunged into danger, too, when another member of the team is kidnapped. The turn of events leads them to a shady individual, Benny the ringmaster. Clues continue to lead them somewhere else, to a gang called the Black Hand. And then, a master criminal named The Snake appears. The danger increases with each moment as these kids plunge themselves deeper into the case.

Who will stop at nothing to keep the deadly secret of the white tiger? Is it the Black Hand gang? Is it Benny, the mysterious circus trainer? Or is it the criminal mastermind known only as... The Snake? Will Alvin Donovan and his team be able to solve this mystery before someone silence them?

Only you can find out!

Suspects
'Chris'
An old man and an escaped convict that claimed that he was asked to break out and assisted in doing so by someone. As soon as he is broken out, however, he ends up being fired at by some men in a black car. He seems extremely fearful of his life, and knows of no one to turn to. Thus, he turns to Alvin and his young detectives.

Benny the Ringmaster
A creepy ringmaster running a circus that has just arrived in town. He seems to be involved in this case somehow, though the details are uncertain, though he seems to know about Chris' escape as well, and seems awfully unhappy about it, too.

Black Hand Gang
Possibly the men in the black car who fired at Chris. Dangerous criminals who are brute and cruel in their actions. Typical mobster-style gangsters, though, seemingly.

The Snake
A top criminal the police has been after for years. Chris is claimed to be working for him. He's shady and mysterious. Little is known about him. Known to escape the clutches of the police for a long time, like a snake slithering away. Possibly working alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donovan & Co
Investigators
The so-called 'headquarters' of Alvin's team of detectives lies just behind Alvin's retail store - a tiny storeroom that Mrs Donovan allowed her son and her friends to use. It seems inferior, even for a bunch of wannabe young detectives, but after some renovation, it's beginning to look like a real detective's office.

A big sign stands by the entrance of this small room that says:

DONOVAN & CO
INVESTIGATORS

We investigate anything
No case too big or too small

Of course, getting people to buy this gig is another story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Roles
I have several roles readied to be played, so, just pick one and put it in your CS as you would:

• Star Detective (taken by Ominous Flare)
  • Investigator (taken by SadisticBeauty)
  • Secretary that files criminal records (taken by Sakura)
  • Three Miscellaneous Assistants

Character Sheet

Code:
Name:
Age (preferably 12-15, please):
Appearance (pictorial descriptions are a-okay to me, but textual descriptions are preferred):
Personality:
Backstory (talk about the reason your character joined Alvin's team):
Role (your role in Alvin's team):
My Character Sheet
Name: Alvin Donovan

Appearance:
Alvin's sideburns, including the rest of his hair, are constantly kept short. Having short hair doesn't mean you couldn't style it, however. It's gelled up with wax and pulled up to make it 'stand up,' like spikes reaching into the air, making his head look like a carrot at times.

He is mildly tanned, has walnut-shaped eyes, and a real broad chin. Alvin's choice of clothing is casual, as with any other ordinary twelve year old, but a blend white top with jeans seem satisfying enough for Donovan when he's out on his little 'cases.'

Personality:
Not only having spikes, Alvin also has a real ego up his head. He's self-confident and, most of the time, like to believe his decision is correct. However, he is a very cooperative team player, and likes to compliment his team for offering him clues in solving the mystery.

For a twelve year old, solving crimes is nothing philosophical. His team often needs to remind Alvin that it's not a game, that real danger is involved. Alvin has a brilliant mind, but he is still very much human.

Backstory:
Alvin has been solving problems involving missing kittens and other miscellaneous possessions for five years, since 1st Grade. His talent for finding things has gotten him quite a name in school, but in the outside world of real crime, he's still many steps away. He's been waiting for his first case involving a major crime now, but whenever there's news of another case, it's only as good as a petty thief.

But he hasn't given up yet. After all, he is helping people with his team. Or at least, that's what he'd like to think so.

Role: Founder and star detective of the team

Reserved for all OOC discussions in regards to the RP. Feel free to post your character sheets any time, guys. ;)

<center>You know I was interested in this before. I yet changed the age again, just to suite you better. :D

Name: Charles Bennet

Appearance: Tall with board shoulders and chest that fill out his shirts, he always has trouble finding sleeves long enough to cover his wrists. His face is friendly and handsome, with a strong chin, defined cheekbones and a firm, sculpted mouth.

Personality:Charles was always quite to himself. He rarely ever spoke to anyone, but when he was getting to the bottom of things; that's when he pressured everyone that was involved. Charles has a quiet spirit. He wasn't loud or obnoxious but he continued to watch people from a far, and their behaviors. Almost like studying them, or getting to know them without even talking to them.

Role: Investigator.

Back story: When Charles was younger, he was always looking for something in his life. Hoping that one day, he'd be an investigator of some sort; but never really intentionality went through with it. His best friend Alvin, always saw through everything he dreamed about doing. Although Charles wanted to be like him, and wanted to follow through with his dreams; he never did. He seemed to be afraid. Finally, giving up on what other people might think about him, he went to Alvin, and finally asked him if he could be the investigator of his team. As you see, Charles never had the guts to do anything, and this was his moment to shine; only to please his parents that were nagging him about doing something productive about his life.
</center>

[DASH="#7D26CD"][BG="#22316C"]Name: Chrysanthemum Fallon
"Chryssie"

Appearance: To say that there's anything special about the youngest Fallon girl's appearance would be an exaggeration. Unlike her two glamorous older sisters, Chryssie has her mother's dark brown hair, cut straight and cropped at her shoulders, and her father's dark gray eyes, which are strange, albeit, but easily disguised by the straight bangs across her face. She dresses in plaids and grays because she prefers to wear the things that her father picked out for her instead of what all the other girls are wearing and leaves her hair as it is.

Personality: Chryssie is the type of girl that doesn't speak unless she's spoken to, and doesn't stay unless she's asked to. She's extremely polite and always worries if the other person may have misunderstood her intentions. Although she mostly hides behind Alvin and the investigators when it comes to social endeavors, she throughly enjoys being a part of team and is always determined to do what she can. She can be a little quirky at times, with a tendency to stay certain things out of blue as a result of continuous pondering. If she's quiet, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Chryssie might be afraid to make idle conversation, but she's not afraid to express how she feels.

Back Story: Chryssie, being the youngest of three sisters and the most ignored by their father, grew up more like the little maid than the little sister, but it doesn't bother her very much. She's more concerned with why her favorite author hasn't released his book about the characteristics of an investigative scientist on time, or why Alvin hasn't yet contacted her about what dirt she might have on the people they're investigating. Chryssie, without having a motherly influence in her life (the Fallons do not speak of their mother, it's a forbidden topic at home), grew up with her own rules and strange behaviors, which most people found odd. Being a part of Alvin's gang gave Chyrissie a chance to be herself.

Role: Criminal Records Investigator
[/BG][/DASH]

Name: Coraline (Cori) Masters

Appearance: A small girl who looks rather fragile (but don't let her looks deceive you). She has very light skin due to often being sick as a younger child, but she grew past that stage. Her eyes are green and always seem to have a sad or distant look in them, as if she's lost in her own world. Her hair is straight and reaches her middle back. Though her true hair color is a dirty blond, she decided to dye it a teal blue color (against her mother's wishes).

She doesn't really have a preferred clothing choice, and just wears whatever is comfortable to her at the time. Lately, though, she's been favoring a red tank top with a white collared button up shirt. She wears the white shirt unbuttoned and with the sleeves rolled up. She'll usually mix this with either a skirt of some form or her favorite pair of blue jeans.

Personality: One word some might describe her with is tomboy. Others might say bold. Either way she can stand on her own two feet. Despite her somewhat rough outward personality, she is a gentle soul, people just misunderstand her. Quiet is another word often used to describe her. She wont often speak out of turn, or at all really, and she always seems lost in her own thoughts. Intelligent, strong, and a particular eye for detail she's an interesting individual if you're lucky enough to gain her trust.

Backstory: Coraline's family was one that often moved when she was young, and her medical condition didn't help either. Often sick, she was frequently in and out of the hospital, making her personal/social skills suffer a bit. Also, lack of being outside caused her skin to become rather pale. By the time she was 9, her health began to improve, but her family had made another move. They happened to move into the area where Alvin lived. Socially awkward she didn't have very many friends in school, and her teal hair wasn't something that gave her good attention either.

One day she happened to lose a piece of jewelry she always wore which was very important to her. Hearing about Alvin's detective skills she gained enough courage to ask him for help. During this time she found out that Alvin and her lived nearby one another. As payment for his help, she lent him her assistance occasionally. It just happened that she ended up sticking around with him (despite being a year older than him).

Role: random assistant

((i'll edit later))

Yep. All of the character sheets look great so far. I'll just be waiting for Pirogeth's CS before I start the RP. :wink:

Hope this one works. Was trying to figure out what kinda jobs kids could have. (Gave up on the older guy everyone is just too young lol)

Name: Oliver “Ross” Millard

Appearance: Ross has a confident stride and keeps an aura of the elder to him as he is the oldest amongst the members. He finds that short sleeve hoodies are very comfortable and tends to wear one every day.

Personality: He is very confident in his ability and hates to be wrong. Although he doesn’t make all the deductions he does feel like most cases would not be solved without some help on his part. Ross is always looking for a way to pitch in.

Backstory: Having heard of this detective group for awhile Ross had decided to look into it. He soon found that he was welcomed in and helping Alvin and the rest solve cases. With his older persona and looks he has taken on the role of older brother, defending them against any hostile threat. (Mainly really mean cats and having to go through spiked bushes.) His talents have come in handy on more than one occasion.

Role: Body Guard and Mutually Accepted Older Brother

Yay! Alright! Pirogeth posted earlier than I thought! We can start now! :D

Great CS, by the way. Better than I initially thought it would be when you were gonna use the 27 year old guy. ;)

Just figured out we need someone to play Chris. He seems to be playing quite a big role, too.

Anyone wants change their CS? If not, I could always just post in the Interest Check and see if anyone wants to play him, so, no biggie. :) I could always play him myself if no one shows up.

This applies for the other suspects as well (Benny, The Snake, etc.). So, those who are interested in playing two characters, sound up.

Awaiting for Sakura's first post before I'll post Alvin's next interaction with the team.

Made a minor alteration to the first post, when I posted that SadisticBeauty's character, Coraline was the one who designed the sign, when I intended for Sakura's character, Chryssie, to do that.

Alright. Get your characters to pack up and ready for home. Chris won't show up till tomorrow, when one of the characters encounter Chris under the bridge. Which of you would that be, let's discuss it here.

I just need someone to head out early in the morning and see Chris sleeping under there, tired after his breakout. He/she will be held under threat by Chris a little bit after calling for Alvin to meet him/her, but only because Chris is scared. Chris will escape after the shooting, Alvin will meet the character, and we will have another meeting at the clubhouse.

Still awaiting for any interest in playing a second character - specifically, one of the villains. Sakura, you mentioned you were interested in that, right? Here's your opportunity. :)

so who's going to be the lucky one to find the frantic Chris?

How about let's start with whether Coraline should be the one, 4got10angl? ;)

i feel like this is the matrix...

someone will be "the one" XP well before I can officially finish my post I will need to know who is doing what so i'll wait to post, but i don't care. She could I currently have her going home and getting stuck babysitting...so doubtful she'll get much sleep XP

Well, it doesn't really matter, I guess, who makes first acquaintance with Chris (though, of course, he/she will become closer with Chris than the rest of the team).

As for your proposal about Coraline's babysitting business, sure. Just as long as you don't make an entire drama series out of it. o_o

no my post just ends with her hope to go home and sleep but it's shattered when she finds she must babysit the day. Then i was just going to transition into the next day and what happens then, perhaps eluding to events of her babysitting fiasco :p

well I'm headed to bed so i'll finish typing my post tomorrow and wait and see if anyone else wants to take the jump otherwise i will no big. night! ^^

@Flarekun: for villian~ if you haven't found anyone, sure ^^ :P

&& If Angl hasn't taken the position to find Chris, I can make Chryssie do it :) It'd be a good plot twist for her -_-

Well, which villain would you like to play? The ringmaster Benny, a member of the Black Hand gang, or the master criminal called The Snake? Jack seems to be willing to play Chris. I'm hoping he would post his CS soon and get Chris at the bridge, so that problem is solved for now.

And since 4got10angl has allowed others to take up the role of meeting Chris, that role will now go to Chryssie then. Chris and Chryssie. Hm. <.< Something's going on here...