The Mystery of the Tolnia Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crendai looked at the Pokémon and couldn't help but smile at how happy they were. He then went back to a memory of him and his mother playing in a public swimming pool at the cerulean city gym.

Damian looked at JD. "Thanks, Shuppet was my first poke'mon. I've always loved Ghost and Dark types, so figures I met these two. And hopefully, if things go as planned, I'll have a Bisharp and Banette that are just as great as they are now."

Matthew smiled when he found out Kaiten wasn't annoyed with the rambunctious dragon.

"Wow, Unknown? I've only heard about them... I've always wanted to see some, though."

Matt turned to look as Nurse Joy returned with two Pokemon, whom Matt correctly assumed to be Kaiten's Pokemon. A Weavile and an Abra... two great Pokemon, some that Matt had wanted himself at one past point in his life. Matt turned to Nurse Joy as he listened to Kaiten speak. Before he took the other trainer's hand, he set Axew down on the counter and popped open his other PokeBall onto the table, releasing his Pawniard.

"Would you be so kind as to heal them, please?" Matt asked with a kind smile.

"Of course. Just a moment." Nurse Joy said with a kind smile before picking up Axew and walking away, Pawniard hopping off of the table and following her.

Turning to Kaiten, Matt took the extended hand in his own with a friendly smile on his face.

"Matthew Winters, but just call me Matt. And yes, I'm heading to the Tolnia region. I'm incredibly excited for it, too. By your words, it's safe to assume that you're heading there as well?"

Kaiten cocked his head in surprise at the Pawniard. He had never seen one before - few pokemon from Unova had made their way to Sinnoh. However, his knowledge of pokemon in general let him guess the types. From the colouration, the body and facial structure and the steel on it's body, he guessed it was a dark/steel type - a very powerful combination. Except against fighting type moves. An excellent pokemon nonetheless.

"Well I made a habit of studying them while I was in Solaceon town back in Sinnoh. I can draw a few sketches if you want. If we can find some paper. But yes, I'm headed for the Tolnia region. From what I understand, there are a lot of pokemon that haven't been seen before by outsiders. I'm rather interested to see them, especially because I want to breed pokemon, or at least try. My father went through a lot to get my Abra but it's been worth it - this sleepy thing has won a lot of battles."

As he finished, he pointed up tot he sleeping pokemon who gave a soft snore in response.

"Don't let him fool you. He's still watching you, even if he's asleep. One of the perks of being a psychic pokemon. And this one here is Weavile, though how it evolved eludes me. I don't access to my father's library otherwise I'd be searching for how right now. Still, I'm certain that once we get to Tolnia proper I can give mum a ring and she can look it up or send me a book or two.

"So what are you heading to Tolnia for?"

JD replied "They will evolve in good time, as you know Damion". Everyone seemed to start relaxing except for Weavile who was running around with the shuppet. Everything seemed at peace, soon enough it started to get brighter and it started to hurt JDs eyes. He walked over to his backpack which was next to Ant and pulled out his sunglasses and nodded to the Pawniard "Hey up dude" he said to acknowledge him then he stroked the top of Ants head. In the corner of JD eye he noticed a rainbow and as he turned a bird Pokemon flying very high in the sky shining all sorts of colors flying above them.

"Well I be" he said aloud staring into the Sky. JD has seen this Pokemon once already but wasn't going to state it no one would believe him no one did apart from his wife but she was there as well. JD was glad of high up it was because it would make it impossible to catch.

Even Weavile stopped jumping around to see the amazing bird Pokemon.

As soon as the bird Pokemon disappeared into the distance the horn blew from the ship telling the passengers they were almost arrived at Tolina

"Yeah. My little Axew has gotten us out of some tight situations. He may be small, but boy can he pack a punch. And my Pawniard actually knows a few moves to help it with fighting Pokemon, so I'm not too worried about him.

"I'm actually heading to the Tolnia region to go on a little adventure and get some of the new Pokemon for my team. I've always had this little dream of traveling the world and challenging all of the Elite 4's then to fight in the Pokemon World Tournament, and since the Tolnia region is knew, I wanted to see Pokemon from there and check out it's version, if it has one."

Matt had gotten a little caught up in his fantasy and had started to zone out a little bit as the thoughts ran through his head. Hearing the perky voice of Nurse Joy returning was what caught him out of his daze.

"Here you are! Good as new!"

Axew seemed to be much more awake as it opened it's arms wide and jumped a little with what could only be described as an Axew grin, to which Matt only chuckled and placed the dragon back on his head, giving Nurse Joy a thanks. Pawniard, who refused to go back into his PokeBall, just sat on the edge of the counter with it's feet dangling, looking at Kaiten and his Pokemon with slight confusion.

"Pawniard, Axew, this is Kaiten and his Pokemon, Abra and Weavile. It seems like he's going to the Tolnia region, too, so we may see him again."

The little dragon just looked at them and made a little happy sound as it hopped from Matt's head to the ground and looked up at Kaiten, opening it's arms and jumping again for him to hold it. Pawniard just looked at the three in silence.

"Sorry about them... completely different personalities."

"All the Elite 4s, huh? I bet the champions as well. You're in for a long battle then - I don't envy you. I've seen the caliber of their pokemon and heard tales of them from my father. Each member is tough on their own but together... there's a reason they're called the paramount challenge of a trainer. And you want to take on all six plus plus whatever Tolnia has? Good luck to ya."

It wasn't said in any way to presume a defeatist attitude - it was simply knowledge. Of course Matthew didn't know Kaiten's father was Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite Four or that he had grown up knowing the strength of such elite pokemon. Lucian had also regaled him of other region's Elite Fours like Lance who commanded multiple dragon type pokemon or Grimsley's dark types. An Axew and a Pawniard were ants to such giants.
"But don't let that get you down," he said, picking up the happy Axew at his feet. "With hard work, you can do anything and beat anyone. This Axew of yours... one day it will evolve into a Haxorus and it will be a force to be reckoned with. But that's only going to happen if the two of you work for it."

To the side, Weavile looked at the dragon type in Kaiten's hands and nodded in agreement.

"But if we're both going to Tolnia, why not travel together? It would make the journey more fin for sure. Especially with this little one."

Crendai looked at the rainbow colored bird flying in the sky above him. "Woah! What is that?" He asked.

Damian looked up, his eyes filled with the color of the rainbow and the sight of the bird. "Wow, that is amazing. I'll take this as a good omen about the journey to come."
Pawniard looked at JD and gave a sort of sad/angry look mix. It obviously wasn't happy it was called a male, when it was very much female.

Ant banged his head on the floor knowing what has just happened JD only needed a clout round the head. Ant started speaking to Pawniard while making arm movements as he spoke his language.

JD has a bad habit of calling everyone dude and duck and his wife babe, the amount of times Ant has seen him make this mistake is unbelievable but the worst part is that he didn’t know he’s done it unless someone points it out.

The funniest time Ant saw was when he called his own son babe when he meant to say dude. His son was slightly confused because of it but JDs wife soon got him to understand.
JD agreed with Damian “It certainly does Dude” then JD glanced over at Crendai “That my friend is one of many legendary birds”

As the horn blew JD knew he had to get his stuff from his room “Come on guys say your goodbyes” speaking to his Pokémon “we probably see them sooner than you think”

Looking at each of the the other trainers JD spoke “Ok kids we probably catch up later but I’m gonna get my stuff from my room and head over to the Pokémon centre I wanna make sure these two have been alright in this heat before we head over to the see the professor”

Weav slouched down upset they had to go so he opened his arms up to try and hug shuppet before they go. JD chuckled at seeing this with Weav and thought to leave him to it.

Ant went into JDs backpack which was still next to him and pulled out a few daisies and offered them to Pawniard. The daisies were going to be a snack for Ant later on but he wanted to give them to Pawniard.

Matt watched his Axew with a small smile as he listened to Kaiten. Of course he knew how long and hard his journey would be, and he wouldn't have it any other way. His Axew making little happy noises, even as Matt placed the baby dragon back on his head.

"I know that it's going to be incredibly hard for me to do this, but it's what I really want to do. And besides, even if being one of the best trainers isn't possible, I won't let that stop me from traveling the world. I still want to visit all of the regions, but Axew and I won't ever give up! And Pawnaird may not say it, but he's just as determined as this little guy."

Pawniard just jumped down and sat himself upon Matt's foot as Axew jumped to his feet and struck a battle pose on Matt's head, as if to show his own determination.

"And I would love to journey with you. It only makes sense, right? And hey, if one of us gets in a bind, the other will be there to help! It's a win-win!"

"Oh yes. You would be surprised at what we bring to the party. Unfortunately, I can't show you here but if we're accosted by wild pokemon, I'll get a chance to show you why I'm so interested in breeding. And maybe, just maybe... I'll work on challenging the Elite Four myself. Between the two of us, I'm sure we can reach our dreams. And who knows, I might be able to breed us a few pokemon that can help."

"You know it's getting dark, right?"

Cocking his head at his Weavile, Kaiten looked outside. The twilight that had been was now pitch black for the most part. Most of the trainers in the pokemon center had already meandered off to the sleeping rooms which, based on trainers who were in sleeping bags on the floor or on couches, were probably already full.

"He's right - it's getting late and I intend to be out of here early. I've got a meeting with Professor Acashia and the fewer people to deal with upfront the better. We should bed down for the night."

Looking around, he spied a corner couch that was unoccupied. It was large enough for the two of them to sleep on comfortably. Already sensing what Kaiten was thinking, Weavile hopped down and sped off to the couches, hopping up on them and beckoning the two boys with a claw.

"Exactly what I thought. C'mon."

Taking Matt's hand, Kaiten dragged him over to the couch, slinging his bag onto the ground once he was there. Rooting around for a second, he found the blanket he carried for such times. Bunching it up into a pillow, he set it down on the couch and laid down, his hands behind his head as Abra teleported behind the pillow, propped up against the back of the couch.

"So what region are you from?"

Last edited:
"Yeah! When we work with people, there's not much we can't do, right?"

Matt had a small smile on his face but it faltered as he looked at Kaiten in slight confusion. He was about to ask 'He, who?' but was dragged away towards the couch to quickly, Axew gripping onto his hair to remain stable and Pawniard quickly following along. Matt slung his own bag onto the ground and pulled out his own blanket, choosing to sit on the opposite side of the couch, by Kaiten's feet. He'd probably end up just sleeping against the side of it tonight, anyway.

"I'm from Unova, born and raised for most of my life in Black City for most of my life. What about you?"

Pawniard hopped onto the couch then sat in Matt's lap as it rested back against him, silently attempting to sleep. Axew, on the other hand, was being obnoxious and making noises as it struggled to get comfy and settled on being almost completely covered in Matt's hair, giving out a hum of approval, Axew promptly fell asleep.

Pawniard took the flowers and "Smiled" [if it had a mouth, but it was obviously happy] She then went over and stood next to Damian.
Shuppet embraced the hug, then as they were leaving, flew up and next to Damian.

Damian heard the horn, "Well then I guess we should pack up too huh girls?" The two poke'mon nodded. "Let's go then," He looked at JD, "Yeah, I'll probably see you there, wanna make sure these two are in good condition as well." They headed off to their room. Shouldn't take them long, not a lot to pack.

Reactions: Captain Scrubz
"Hearthome City in Sinnoh. Dad has a house there, though he's away for work pretty often. Still, it's a full house. There's mum and the pokemon. Espeon's the one who I grew up with and she was an amazing teacher, though I think that if Dad's Alakazam had been around more, I could've learned more. Did you know that Alakazam has an IQ of over 5000? That's smarter than a supercomputer. Kinda makes me wonder about Metagross. You know that Metagross forms when two Metang fuse? And a Metang forms when two Beldum fuse. That means Metagross has four brains and rivals a supercomputer. But a MEtagross has never been tested for its IQ, at least as far as I've read. I wonder where it registers..."

Kaiten was starting to ramble on, like he did every time he started going to sleep talking. Normally though he was talking with Abra so his thoughts rarely became vocal. Still, it was clear that he was starting to drift off, his words drawing out and yawns interspersing them. The lights of the pokemon center has been down for a while now and Kaiten was already tired from having to run through the forest after the unexpected battle and subsequent evolution. He was sleeping in short order, soft breaths escaping his lips.

When he woke up, the first thing he noticed was that he was hot. Really hot. And there was a weight on him and that he was on the ground, his arm around something. Groggily, he blinked his eyes, trying to clear away the sleep. Through bleary vision, he could see Matt. Really close. Really, really, close. Like, close enough to be kissing him.

"Uhhhh... Matt? Matt? Wake up. Wake up Matt," he started whispering, listening closely for the sounds of anyone else waking up at this hour. "C'mon man, wake up."

Crendai woke up in his bed. He then looked out of his window and saw a beautiful sunrise. He then so happened to have seen a mass of land ahead.

"Huh? Could it be? This it! It's Tolnia." Crendai said.

JD waved and took a few steps towards his room but called over to Damion [BCOLOR=#000000]"Nah shouldn't take me to long either, if you’re going that way as well Damion I might as well meet you just off the boat. I’ll see ya shortly”[/BCOLOR]

Ant was happy that Pawniard liked the daisies so with his mouth he picked up JDs backpack and with a joyful hoppy walk Ant went off to catch up with JD.

Weav kept waving behind him as he walked away.

As JD entered his room he took the bag off Ant and emptied it on the bed, inside was only a few snacks in there plus towels. JD searched his drawers by the side of the bed and picked up a few articles to be placed back in his backpack.

As he was placing them neatly and carefully in each different pocket he picked up his Pokedex and clicked through it stopping at Ho-oh. JD shouted over to his pokemon “Come here guys here’s a closer view of that bird”

Weav and Ant was excited and quickly jumping onto the bed and onto JD, Weav took the Pokedex out of his hands and held it up trying to get a different view. JD soon took it back of Weav “Come on guys we better hurry Damion will be waiting for us”

Damian waved goodbye. "Welp, bestnot wasfe time." He motioned for the two pokemon to follow him, and they headed off to the room.
When they arrived, Damian set down his bag and looked around. "Now what's ours?" He looked around and picked up a his things, and the box of poke'puffs. He took one last look around. "All right, I think that is everything." With that, he headed down into the main lobby area of the cruise ship and waited for his friends.

Matt couldn't help but chuckle as he noticed Kaiten start to nod off while he was talking and Matt wasn't any better. It was late and everyone was tired. Not to long after Kaiten had fallen asleep, Matt was soon off in dreamland himself.

Somewhere in the middle of the night, Matt, who had never been to stable of a sleeper, had rolled over on top of Kaiten and had somehow rolled the both of them off of the couch they were resting on.

All of the jostling from Kaiten did nothing to awaken the sleeping Matt. Pawniard was still resting on the couch but was awake and just shook his head when he noticed the position that his trainer and his trainer's new friend was in. Axew, who had just woken up, saw this and was instantly jealous and angry... Matt always slept with him.

Axew jumped from the couch and wriggled between the two trainers and stood on Kaiten's chest, looking down at the trainer with anger in his big, adorable eyes. Stomping, as much as his tiny form would allow, he turned and shook Matt violently with a quiet huff. He was angry, but he knew Matt would be angry if Axew woke up anyone else.

Matt slowly awakened and sat up, unaware that he was sitting on Kaiten. He yawned and opened his eyes and looked down at Axew... who was looking up at him with angry eyes... and noticed Axew was standing on something... or someone... About to yell at Axew for standing on Kaiten, Matt realized that he was sitting on Kaiten... Matt quickly scrambled off of Kaiten and picked up Axew, a small blush coming to his face.

"I-I'm sorry!"

He whispered out hastily as he gathered his things, doing anything to take time to get rid of his blush. He placed Axew back on his head and picked Pawniard up into his arms after he slung his back on his shoulder.

Clearing his throat and standing there, his blush slowly going away, he spoke again.

"S-So, uh... when should we head out?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kaiten had his breath knocked out by the stomping of the little dragon on his chest, already compressed by Matt's weight. At least the pokemon was able to wake his friend up from his deep sleep. Able to breathe fully without both of them on top of him, Kaiten sat up. He caught the blush in Matt's face as he turned to gather his things, the sight causing Kaiten to blush himself. Even though he was sixteen, he hadn't had anything so...intimate that wasn't just a pokemon sleeping next to him.

For a few seconds he sat there, quietly willing his blush to go away while thinking about the feelings he had with the other in his arms. Then he was up, prodding Weavile to get up. The dark/ice type sat up and yawned before jumping down to help Kaiten pack up. In no time at all, he was packed with his bag over his shoulders along with the still sleeping Abra and Weavile at his side.

"Wh-whenever you want..." he answered, his embarrassment over the situation radiating through his thought patterns.

"What happened?" Weavile asked him.

"Nothing. We just woke up in each other's arms."

"Doesn't sound like nothing."

"Matt..." Kaiten started hesitantly. "It's okay."

Reactions: Captain Scrubz
Status
Not open for further replies.