Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not necessarily have to use pictures for your characters, but if you do, you can use any style of art. As for a bad day or a bad life, it is up to you which one you want to use! So far, the characters who have been accepted did not have the best of lives, but that is not a rule during character creation.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions regarding the Mysterious Misery Society, feel free to ask them.

You do not necessarily have to use pictures for your characters, but if you do, you can use any style of art. As for a bad day or a bad life, it is up to you which one you want to use! So far, the characters who have been accepted did not have the best of lives, but that is not a rule during character creation.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions regarding the Mysterious Misery Society, feel free to ask them.

And we can only have one character?

Yes, I only allow one character per player in my roleplays.

Reactions: Esmeray
Yes, I only allow one character per player in my roleplays.
Ah shit, now I feel inclined to make a female because the female to male ratio is off.....but like all my tortured characters are in fact male LOL

As there have been no in-character responses for the last couple of days, I would like to do an activity check. All active players, please respond to this thread if you are still in.

im still considering joining despite the fact there has been some inactivity.

I'm still in.

As there have been no in-character responses for the last couple of days, I would like to do an activity check. All active players, please respond to this thread if you are still in.
Mine was the last in character post! (Last I checked anyway).

@Jihae, you have not replied to my post yet. @Arcadia, are you still participating? Because leaving your character in my hands will have dire consequences.

@Jihae, you have not replied to my post yet.
You're right. I haven't. I've been really lacking in with IC posts for RPs due to finals week starting Monday, but I'll do my best to get a post in. If nothing pops up from me still, my character is in your hands.

That is understandable. If you feel like you will not be able to post, I will move us along and assume a reasonable response from Min and go ahead with it. Feel free to tell me if I get something amiss.

I apologise for the lack of posts recently. I will move us along tomorrow and I thank all of you for being patient with me.

This is my hole RP, it was made JUST FOR ME. *Crawls inside*

...*cough* er, that is to say, I would love to join if y'all will have me. :U

New players are welcome at any time!

And now we have the first task of the Mysterious Misery Society! The billboard of the Taj Mahal, was in fact, a huge jigsaw puzzle that fell apart into about a hundred pieces upon impact and we have no idea where the building went. Perhaps the puzzle holds some clues to that, but it has two solutions: an incorrect one that produces a Taj Mahal on front and a correct one that gives us clues on what to do next on the back.

YAY in that case I'm in! Here's my character (or my first one at least, if Novy's a little too out there I can swap, but he's one of my best-developed chars and fits in well to the RPs I put him in, I find!)

tumblr_o4ny4nTKbf1sf3rtto1_r1_400.png

Name:
November Morsus
What Are You Good At?
Leaving a good impression
Moving very quickly and very quietly
Anatomy and medicine
Knife fighting
Cooking and gardening
What Are You Bad At?
IMPULSE CONTROL
Keeping emotions in check
Fitting in/appearing "normal"
Having self esteem
Sobriety
Tell us a little about yourself in a maximum of four paragraphs!
November was never a very happy boy. He grew up in the British foster system, being bumped from house to house, always denied the warmth, love, and affection he longed for the most. This combined with his rather morbid set of interests (nothing turned his crank like gory horror and bloody medical media,) lead him to the conclusion that he was just, inherently evil, denied happiness for the same reason the villains in stories always lost. And things got worse from there.

At first, he was just a quiet, shy lad, turning his morbid fascination to good use by applying to medical school. He did well in all his classes, teased by the other students though he was, but still the loneliness gnawed a hole in his heart, bigger every day. That is, at least, until he met Adrian. He thought he'd never seen someone so beautiful, every part, every facet of him seemed to glow, even as he masked himself in the same dark clothes November wore.

November quickly fell into an obsession, barely able to hold himself together as he coaxed Adrian into a friendship with him, then something more. For what must have been the first time in his life, he was actually /happy/. But there was something that still gnawed at his insides, a twitching little desire that never stopped growing. He wanted to see what Adrian would look like in one of his horror films... He tried to ignore it, push it down, keep from thinking it. But the more he pushed away, the bigger it grew, until one day he woke to find Adrian tied up and wounded in his attic... Watched him get worse over weeks spent in a hazy red blur... Until he wasn't moving anymore.

Panic as he hid the body, waited with bated breath for the cops to bang down his door. But he'd been smart, and there was nothing. A long period of quiet, lonely despair, and then another name, another face to light up his days with an unstoppable fire. The names began to add up. Finally, the panic and despair, guilt and sorrow, grew big enough to overwhelm, and he simply fled into the night, terror pushing him across the Atlantic to America. It was there in his miserable hotel room, that he spotted a letter...

The second page of the application form is a little more ominous…
View attachment 106818
The checklist was returned with a careful, elegant checkmark placed next to "vampires" and "harems."

I hereby proclaim that I am a member of the Mysterious Misery Society!

prov-image-300dpi-gadling-bumper.jpg

Scanning
Scanning Completed!

weknow.jpg

However well you may have hidden your actions, Mr. November, you can not hide from us. It is fortunate for you that the Mysterious Misery Society is the forgiving sort... however, you will be watched closely. Should your behaviour slip again, you might find yourself handed over to the authorities along with all the evidence we have.

We are not saying that this will happen.

We are just saying that it is very likely.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
OOOOOOH exciting @W@ I don't think I've ever played November in an environment where people KNEW about his murders (or at least, knew and cared, in one game he's had a boss that was just like "You hurt people? Oh, how useful, here's some people I want taken care of" XD) so that'll be fun to see how it plays out!

Though if it's alright with you, I might keep HIM from knowing that the Society knows, because, well, he'd never actually set foot anywhere NEAR a place he thought he'd be caught in, and then there'd be no RP, so, yeah. Blissful ignorance.

That works completely fine for me! I personally hope that I will not have to bust out the big guns regarding him as this is supposed to be a light-hearted roleplay. Troubled and criminal pasts are fine, but my hopes are we will have very little violence (if at all) involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.