The Music Masters: Disc Days

For a good ten minutes, Lex Rydell didn't say a word as Clarence continued driving. Part of him was extremely surprised, mostly because Clarence didn't even think for a moment that this terrible rain outside could give Ellie a bad case of pneumonia. Lex didn't look back, but his thoughts were almost completely on Ellie.

Now she was alone, walking the rain while he drove away in this warm limo. He was off to Coney Island, where he could hopefully be away from the rain, enjoy a hot dog, ride on the cheap rides, and hit on hot chicks. Meanwhile, Ellie would be spending the rest of the day finding her way back to the 5 Records building, her entire body wet as the rain pounded relentlessly. It was almost fitting payback.

But was Lex really like that? His thoughts were conflicted. He seldom treated anyone like this, but it was a known fact that he often blew his fuse when people sufficiently ticked him off. Unlike Rob, who had a milder temper and much more patience, Lex seemed to always be raring for a fight or an opportunity to shoot back insults. It was a wonder how he'd managed to hold it all in when Roger had started with his bigotry back in the elevator.

And so, for ten whole minutes, Clarence continued driving, and Lex remained silent. Only when they could just spot the Brooklyn Bridge did Lex's consciousness finally hit him.

"Turn around, Clarence." he said quickly. As expected, his driver simply nodded, and turned the entire limo around.

It wasn't long before the limo made its way back to the street they had dropped Ellie off on. Lex rolled the window down, searching almost frantically for her as the rain pattered against the black surface of the limo. His hair, unprotected without his gray beanie cap, became soaked by the time he spotted her. She was walking along an empty street, her head down. He motioned for Clarence to pull up beside her.

Lex swallowed his words before he could even say them. What was he supposed to say anyway? She probably hated him by now.

He sighed, and began to speak, with the most sincere voice he could muster. "Hey."

"I think this is just a stressful day. The wine was getting to my head or something. Look, let's forget about Coney Island and all that. We can just chill back at the Penthouse. The weather sucks. Not much of a shopping day after all."

Not once did the word sorry ever make it through his head. Lex smiled in an attempt to get Ellie's attention.

In this terrible weather, she'd realize he didn't really mean all that and come back with him. It wasn't like any of this was really his fault anyway, Lex thought...

She stopped as the limo pulled up beside her, expecting him to apologize for being such a jack-ass. Instead, he spoke with a mildly frustrated tone and ordered her back into the limo. She gripped herself tighter and shook her head, continuing to walk. She didn't want to be anywhere near him right then. She hated the world, just like it hated her. She had tried to be nice, tried to apologize but now it was too late. A few minutes of being limo-stalked, she sighed frustrated and got into the passenger seat beside Clarence, not wanting to even look at Lex. He still pissed her off to no end.

She sat there shivering and sniffling, her breathing shallow from her asthma that she would tell NO ONE about. Not even her closest friend. Oh right, she didn't have one. She sighed a wheezing sigh as Clarence looked at her sympathetically and she just watched out the window.

There she was, sitting up in the front seat, and yet Lex did not have the urge inside him to say anything to her. Instead, he also sat in silence, his attention on the Transformer figure that he proceeded to pull out of his bag. As his fingers touched the surface of the plastic, he debated in his head whether or not he should remove it from its packaging. If anything, it was something to keep his mind off of the fact that he may have very well lost the closest thing he'd have to a friend in all the time he would be a member of the Pop 5.

The rain was all but gone outside, and so the minute they stopped in front of the towering 5 Records skyscraper, Lex made a quick exit out of the limousine. He was right next to Ellie's door in an instant, and in the most sincere way possible, he opened the passenger door for her.

"After you." he said with almost mock sincerity. Still, he was feeling extra smooth now, and hoped his little act might work on Ellie like it had somewhat worked on many RazorVex girls in the past.

Ellie stood out of the passenger side door and stared at him for a moment. She was still pissed as all hell, but for some odd reason she wanted to kiss him. She had the intense urge to stroke his cheek and give him a deep, lustful kiss. Instead, she reached up and patted his cheek gently before walking away.

Once inside, she found chaos. Roger was raging drunk, Zala was stomping around pissed, and poor, poor Janice was huddled in a corner, hands over her ears, rocking back and forth. Ellie sighed deeply, rolling her eyes, and went striaght to her room to listen to her music. She had had enough for one day, and decided to let Lex deal with these children. She slammed the door, flopped onto her amazingly comfortable waterbed, sloshed around for a bit, then closed her eyes as she reached over to turn on the stereo on the nightstand.

Lex couldn't help but be at least a little surprised when he felt Ellie's fingers touch his cheek. They were warm, comforting, and he'd be lying if he didn't enjoy the sensation. His heart skipped a beat for a moment, and then before he knew it, Ellie was gone, having disappeared past the revolving doors that led into the lobby of the 5 Records building.

Lex put a hand to his cheek. He could still feel the warmth of Billy's fingers.

How long had it been since a girl had touched him like that? A few months? He couldn't remember, but he sure as hell knew that he wanted more of it, whatever it was...

When Lex finally left the elevator, and made it back inside the comfort of the 5 Penthouse, he was greeted with a scene of relative chaos. The lounge looked torn up, as refuse and broken objects lay scattered on the floor. Still sitting in his chair, Roger had a strange grin on his face as he noticed Lex's presence. His voice was slurred beyond recognition, and it seemed like he was coughing out his words as opposed to saying them.

"Ryddeeelll. Good to see ya, bitch. Whatchaaa doing out so late?"

Lex gulped, making his way past him as he avoiding stepping on parts of a broken chair. "I'm fine, I guess. What the hell happened here?"

Roger laughed loudly, before burping. "That fucking nigger bitch got pissed. Hit me with a chair. See?"

He turned his head, revealing a bleeding gash in the side of his skull. Roger seemed relatively unfazed by the injury however. Lex just shivered on the inside at the sight of blood. "Ah, I see that. Well, maybe I'll just stay out of the way. Get some rest, you know?"

Roger nodded almost enthusiastically. "You do that, man. I'll stick around. Maybe jerk off if no one's lookin'..."

Lex said, spouting out false laughter before heading for his room. "Good luck with that, Roger..."

When he finally made it back inside his room, Lex made a heavy sigh as he practically collapsed on his bed. He looked up at the ceiling for a few minutes, before reaching for a tape inside his pocket that he proceeded to play on the stereo. When Lex laid back down again, he tried to focus on the song that would hopefully make him relax the most. He smiled, before his thoughts began to drift.

Ellie popped into his head. His mind journeyed into dark corners, and he couldn't help but imagine what was hiding under that big jacket of hers. He smiled slyly to himself. She might not have been the top of the food chain from RazorVex, but she was definitely something. That much was true.

Ellie sighed as the noise rose above her music and she sat up, wondering if she should apologize to Lex. She stood, creeping from her room and down the hall before knocking gently on Lex's door. She was upset still, and her head hurt worse than it ever has, but she felt that some of their hatred was her fault.

"Uhm, Lex? You in there? I'm lonely and... I'd like to talk... to someone. Anyone really and you're the closest I have to a friend... Lex? Hello?"

She bit her lip and sighed gently, turning away to go back to her room. He probably hated her, and never wanted to see her ugly face again. Why ha she had the urge to kiss him? If anything, his hairy lip was revolting. But yet, she wanted to.

Ellie's voice was just outside of the door. Lex sat up in his bed, shaking his head and wondering if he had heard right.

"Uhm, Lex? You in there? I'm lonely and... I'd like to talk... to someone. Anyone really and you're the closest I have to a friend... Lex? Hello?"

That was her all right. Lex cleared his throat, wondering what to say. He swung his legs over his bed before getting up, his voice loud over the playing music as he spoke. "One second. I'll be right there."

Slowly, Lex Rydell lowered the volume on his stereo, and turned on the lights that had been previously off. When the room had gained a fitting ambiance again, Lex opened the door slowly, greeting Ellie with a small smile. In the back of his mind, he was trying to discern why he was smiling in the first place. After all, she was just some girl.

Nevertheless, words came out of his mouth before he could really think. "Hey. I'm someone. And I can talk too. In fact, outside of my packaging, I'm practically in mint condition."

Ellie blushed as his voice floated through the door, then a smile lit up her face as she saw him open the door smiling. She giggled before she could think when he cracked the joke about the packaging and was about to respond when Roger appeared behind her and draped his arms around her waist, slurring at them both.

"Aww, eryoo two gunn do it? Thass secksii. Kiss im, Ells!"

He shoved her onto Lex, knocking them over and thankfully onto his bed instead of the hard floor. In a flash, Ellie was up and across the room, a dark blush on her face and her hair in her eyes.

"Oh jesus I'm so sorry Lex I didn't mean to! Roger, you're an ass!"

She knew she was on the verge of tears. She just wanted to talk and Roger had broken her confort zone to pieces. She hated having people be any closer than arm's length because she was so overly self concious about her slight weight problem. That was without being pushed on top of Lex. She probably squished the poor guy! She balled her hands into fists and crossed her arms, leaning in the corner with her head down. Maybe she could just disappear.

His temper flared up again like an atomic bomb. Without so much as thinking about it, Lex Rydell delivered a harsh kick to the door, causing it slam right into Roger's drunk face as it closed shut. The loud thumping sound of Roger falling backwards behind the door seemed like music to Lex's ears. He focused on that sound for a few seconds, before sighing in relief and sitting down on the bed. His hand reached for his stereo, and he fast forwarded the tape to a new song.

This song in particular was one Rob had shown him awhile ago. It always helped Lex feel alright about things.

As he listened to the beat, he was on the verge of letting his mind wander before he noticed Ellie in the corner. Lex raised a curious eyebrow, wondering why she seemed so nervous all of a sudden. After all, she had been very vocal not too long before, to both him and Roger.

"You alright, over there?" Lex asked with actual concern in his voice this time. "Feel free to make yourself comfortable. Roger's not coming in here anytime soon, as long I can call this place my room."

Ellie bit her lip as Lex spoke to her, his voice soft and concerned. She nodded in response then sat beside him, her arms still crossed across her chest. She had felt so... odd lieing on top of Lex even for a few seconds. It was almost... enjoyable. She let her mind drift for a few seconds then she cleared her throat and sighed.

"Thank you... for that. I really appreciate it. You can be a good guy when you feel like it..."

She smiled softly, her arms relaxing and she let her hands rest on the bed at her sides, not realizing that her fingers were brushing with Lex's. She listened to the music and bobbed her head to the beat a little.

"So... about today. I'm sorry I got bitchy with you, really... I was just suprised that someone could get so excited over something I was never allowed to have..."

She bit her lip, making herself shut up. Great, she had spilled about how she had never owned a toy in her life. She didn't know what to do with them because she never even held one.

"It's not a big deal. The way I see it, it's fine." Lex replied, his voice filled with a somewhat understanding tone. He could feel the warmth of Ellie's fingers again, this time against his own. Lex could start to feel a sort of ambiance forming in the air. And to say he wasn't starting to enjoy it would be a complete lie. Looking away, he made a bit of a dumb smile to himself.

Oh, here we go again, he thought. This could end up just like one of his many times with one of those RazorVex girls.

He looked back at Ellie, trying to bring up the mood. "Hey, this stuff isn't important. I mean, we're all in this together. We should at least try to be friendly with each other, right?"

A thought popped into the back of Lex's head. Maybe this wouldn't end up like one of those times. Maybe it would be better. Then again, maybe it would be worse.

She blushed and stood, digging into the pocket of her hoodie for something she had bought while he wasn't looking.

"I did some reading up on your Transformers figurine thingies and I found this for you..."

She gasped as she found what she was looking for and pulled out a wrapped up plastic bag, thin enough that a colorful square box could be seen through the off-white plastic.

"It's, uh, Powermaster Optimus Prime w/ Apex Armor. I dunno if you have this one but the guy at the counter said it's like crazy rare... It's brand new, uh..."

She muttered to herself, trying to find the right words. What had the guy at the comic book store said? Prime condition? No. Oh!

"It's mint condition! Never opened... It was like really expensive... Kind of a sorry present?"

"Oh, you don't have to be so-" Lex began, but his words stopped as he stared down at the package in his hands. His fingers moved over the surface of the plastic, and his mustache twitched on his lips as he twisted his head looking at the figure inside the package.

"No fucking way." he said out loud, realizing what he was holding. This single figure was a collector's dream. The perfect details, the tiny red slits that were Optimus's eyes, the bright coloring across the plastic. This was something Seth had seen many times in posters and ads, but never something he'd ever think he would have in his hands. His palms were almost beginning to sweat in response to the reality of the situation. He looked up finally at Ellie, the words barely coming out of his mouth, and coated with a layer of uncertainty.

"Thank...thank you, Ellie."

He stopped thinking in that moment, and put the package down as he grabbed Ellie and hugged her tightly. As he pressed against her, he could feel the comforting contours of her body. It almost felt like he was hugging a curvy pillow, and in the back of his mind, he didn't once regret attacking her all of a sudden like this.

"Thank you so much!"

She smiled gently as the boy fondled the plastic like it would crumble in his hands with one wrong move. So, he was serious about this after all. For some reason, it made her heart flutter to see him smile.

She never expected the hug. In fact, she let out a soft squeak when he pulled her against him. His body was thick but firm. She almost hugged him back, but his arms were pinning hers to her side so she couldn't move. She giggled as she stood there, letting him hold her for a moment. It felt nice. She hadn't ever been hugged, and she was quite enjoying it, especially from Lex.

"Uhm... You're welcome? I'm guessing I did good?"

"You did really, really good." Lex told her in an overly excited voice. After another minute, he let go of her, laughing a little to himself that he had gone so far as to hug her like that. For a moment, Lex found himself looking into her eyes, and he didn't realize just how close their faces were.

For some reason, he found himself enjoying that lone blonde streak in her hair. He wanted to see what she looked like with those glasses off. He wanted to see what her lips tasted like. Before he knew what was going, Lex found himself leaning forward just a bit. It was only when his lips just brushed against hers that he pulled back, realizing what he was going.

"Ah, snap. I didn't mean that. Damn, that was..." he blurted out, more embarrassed than he'd ever felt in a long time.

Why the hell was he embarrassed anyway, he thought. He'd kissed girls before. Hell, he'd made out with them without second thought. But confronted with Ellie, he felt very different.

Something about her was different. Lex remained silent as he looked at her, wondering if she thought he was sicko and was waiting for the opportunity to slap him in the face.

She froze, her eyes wide. He had just almost kissed her! Her lips were so warm, as were her cheeks. She put her fingertips to her lips gently, confused as to why he would do that. It felt so... good. It had made her stomach flutter and her heart race. She couldn't help but smile and look at him, her wide eyes locking with his as her hair fell from behind her ear.

"N-No, Lex, that's okay... I... It's fine..."

She looked down, embarassed. She couldn't just come outright and tell him she wanted more, then she'd sound like a slut! She bit her lip and sighed.

"I should go... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make things awkward, I just... wanted to see you."

She closed her eyes as she said those last four words softly. It was true, she had wanted to see him. Just like she wanted to kiss him and ask him to hold her. She shuffled to the door, hoping he would stop her.

Something clicked inside of Lex's Rydell's brain the moment he realized that Ellie was going for the door. He gulped, before moving forward slowly and putting his hand on the door, blocking her path. There was a look of longing in his eyes, and even he didn't realize what emotions were starting to overtake him. Moving almost cryptically, Lex's fingers brushed against Ellie's.

"Don't go." he said softly. He could feel his heart slowly beating faster and faster inside his chest.

"I'm glad you wanted to see me. I want you to stay. You don't need to go."

Lex leaned forward, his face becoming close to Ellie's. His hands cupped right underneath her chin as he stared into her eyes. Then, with no regrets, he leaned inward, kissing her as deeply as he could possibly muster. For Lex, this seemed like a completely new experience. Kissing Ellie was different, as if she was a different species of girl entirely. Not like the sloppy mess he often got from those girls in RazorVex.

His hands moved to her shoulders as he continued to kiss her. By the time they had gotten her waist, Lex was still lip-locked with her, his heart now moving at the speed of a bullet train. Suddenly, she had become perfect in his eyes. Soon, it would become impossible for him to let go of her.

She blushed dark as he kissed her, sending her heart right into her throat. Her eyes fell shut slowly and her hands slid up to rest on her cheeks gently. Kissing him was so... different. He was so honest, so entirely pure. She loved every second. Well, she did until there was a knock at the door and Roger's voice floated through.

"You two done in there? Everyone's wondering where ya'll went... We hadn't heard anything for a while. I told em you guys were making babies."

Lex didn't want to detach from Ellie, but the moment he heard Roger's drunk and annoying tone of voice float through the door, he knew he just had to. So, with great displeasure, he ceased kissing her, before he pounded the door hard with his fist as he raised his voice.

"Hey fuckface!" he shouted, his anger rising with each passing second. "Seriously, you are really starting to piss me off. Do me a favor and leave us alone! So what if we're making babies? Jealous much? If you want, I can come out there and make sure you never get to have some of your own!"

After all that loud ranting, silence was all that greeted Lex as he pressed his ear against the door. He was waiting for another smart aleck comment from Roger, a reason to pull open the door and break some of his teeth in, but all Lex heard was some shuffling, which he assumed might be Roger finally going away.

Lex sighed, before sitting back on the bed. He shook his head, and then realized once again that Elllie was still in the room, and that he had impulsively kissed her only moments before. A kind of shocked look emerged on Lex's face as he replayed his own words in his own head.

"Oh, god, I'm sorry. I, uh, I just wanted to get rid of him. I wouldn't...I wouldn't try to take advantage of you or anything, Ellie, believe me." he told her, his voice very apologetic, as if he had done something wrong by kissing her.

Ellie blushed. His anger had awoken something inside her. Wordlessly she took his hands, straddled him on the bed and kissed him deeply. She wanted to feel his warmth again. She shivered and hooked her arms around his neck. She finally pulled away, blushing deeply.

"It's alright... I liked it."