The Music In Me

Feeling the pressure change slightly on his side, Kenji opened one eye and looked down at the idol next to him. Smiling he closed his eye once more. Yesterday had been odd to say the least, and he was more then willing to indulge Noriko, and if that meant having her snuggled up against him, who was he to complain. All things considered last night turned out a lot better then he would have imagined. Having his biggest star in a scare like that was enough to drive a man to drink away the worries and deal with the consequences in the morning.

Kenji much preferred these consequences instead.

It was another hour when his cellphone rang. It was still far too early for a pair that had been up many hours after a concernt, but it was already well within the business day and Kenji was sure he was not going to like this conversation. He tried to keep his movements minimual as he grabbed his phone. Perhaps Noriko would sleep through it.

"Yeah?" he answered the phone sounding more groggled then he was. Sure enough it was the head of the PR department in a frantic. Silently Kenji listened to the tirade waiting for his chance to speak.

There it went! Kenjisama's phone. Noriko made a slight huff. One that betrayed her awakening. With weary eyed silence, Noriko shifted to sit up. She leaned over Kenji and SNATCHED the phone right out of his hand. Before he could try to grab it back, she was scooting to the other side of the bed and pressing it against her ear.

"Gomen! Kenjisama cannot speak today. He is off work!" Noriko hung up the phone with a beep and went one step farther in turning off the phone so not a single call would go through.

Noriko turned on the bed, frowning at him and wagging a finger disapproving. "You said today was an off day. That means no phones, Kenjisama. I mean it!"

"Noriko!" Kenji exclaimed as the idol turned off his phone. There was going to be hell to pay later for that. The frown that was starting to form, the one that could speak volumes, ceased and Kenji started to chuckle. If anyone really wanted to get on him about it, all he needed to do was to point out that it was Noriko's decision, and if THEY had a problem with the idol dictating something as silly as this, they really should look at some of the other stars' behaviors.

"Are you hungry," he then asked. Sure of the answer and already pulling out the menu from the nightstand drawer. Room service might be nice. That and they could have the hotel staff bring in Noriko's luggage so that she could change. Assuming not everything was soaked and ruined.

That was something that would be dealt with later though. Right now there was more important matters at hand, and it all revolved around the adorable woman in the bathrobe kneeling on his bed.

"Yes!" she exclaimed, reaching across the bed to take the menu from him, but never returning his phone. In fact she sat on it, so if he thought about trying to get it back and sneak it back on, he'd have to move her first.

Noriko flipped through the menu. There were lots of international items to cater towards the many traveling guests that stayed at the hotel. Some of the things she couldn't even pronounce, but it certainly sounded good! "Ooh, waffles with maple syrup. And juice!" With the menu handed back to him, she took a look down at her robe. If they were going to the zoo today, she was going to need some clothes. Kenjisama probably already had that worked out, but it did made her wonder what her hotel room looked like now. There must be a huge hole in the side of the building!

Kenji called up room service and ordered both their breakfast. He was well aware that the idol was keeping him away from his phone. He was going to have to figure out how to get it back from her, but it could wait a while. Once their order was in he then got himself transferred to the front desk. He wasn't interested in the sniveling platitudes. It wasn't like someone on staff purposely sent a comet right into Noriko's room. In the end he had to be much blunter then he preferred.

"I don't really care. Bring her luggage to my room. This has been inconvenient enough. If all her belongings are no here by the time we finish our meal you'll wish I had only talked to your boss. Have I made myself clear? Good!" Kenji hung up the phone then sighed, rubbing his face with one hand. He then glanced at the beautiful vision on his bed. Why did everything this morning have to be such a violent contrast?

"Sorry about that." Kenji knew Noriko well enough to know she didn't like seeing people upset. Never mind that it was on her behalf, though for her that might have made it worse. Kenji wasn't positive on that point.