The movie going experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can spend 20 bucks on a ticket, 15 bucks on concessions, and spend three hours watching a hyped up movie that just isn't all that great...

...or, I can go to a hockey game.

Goodbye, Hollywood. The hockey game is a cheaper and more entertaining choice for my money. :3
Movies tickets and snacks cost $35 in your area??? Where do you live, fuckin' Luxembourg??

Movies tickets and snacks cost $35 in your area??? Where do you live, fuckin' Luxembourg??

Tickets for an adult range from 11 to 15 bucks. A drink costs 3 to 4 bucks along with a box of candy while a bag of candy can be 5 bucks. Foodie things like the pizza, nachos or hot dogs are 7 to 10 bucks. O.o...movies are expensive.

There has actually been suggestions of bag searching people to avoid bringing outside food because people don't want to spend that amount of money o.o

I have no problem waiting until it's in a Redbox or on Netflix and watching it with a group of friends at somebody's house. It's clean, you can have all the snacks you want, you save a shit ton of money and you don't have to put up with any of the assholes (including but not limited to: annoying teens, crying kids, cell phone users, people talking, etc). Haven't gone to a theater in over five years and I'm just fine.

• Love
Reactions: Mid
Tickets for an adult range from 11 to 15 bucks. A drink costs 3 to 4 bucks along with a box of candy while a bag of candy can be 5 bucks. Foodie things like the pizza, nachos or hot dogs are 7 to 10 bucks. O.o...movies are expensive.

There has actually been suggestions of bag searching people to avoid bringing outside food because people don't want to spend that amount of money o.o
I doubt it will happen.

I've had cases where I'd walk right past theatre staff holding food clearly not from there and they never gave a shit.
It still wasn't allowed, but most staff cannot be bothered to enforce it.

I doubt it will happen.

I've had cases where I'd walk right past theatre staff holding food clearly not from there and they never gave a shit.
It still wasn't allowed, but most staff cannot be bothered to enforce it.
But I think that depends on where you are and who is on duty.

But I think that depends on where you are and who is on duty.
Of course.
I'm just saying that most of them won't give a shit.

I love the movies. But yeah, it's highly dependent on the theater. There is one where I live that is awesome. The seats are comfortable, plenty of leg room and it's "public places" clean. Never buy the 200% mark up theater food. Ever. I always bring in a backpack with my own foods and a water bottle. They never say anything.

• Love
I like the theaters that let you lift the arm rest cause who doesn't enjoy cuddling? Or more importantly EXTRA LEG ROOM FOR EXTREME STRETCHING?!

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Ehh, my movie theaters are alright. One of them's local and run by a group of teens that don't give two shits. I'm friends with one of them and get to hear fun stories of her fellow staff members and how one of them's obsessive with the cleaning supplies so the others snapped his favorite mop and set it on fire apparently. I want to say I'm iffy on the validity of that story but I can expect it out of douchey 18-20 year olds. Other than the people though, there's not much going for this movie theater.

The other one is the bigger one in town and opening nights/weekends/whatever suck. It's generally an alright place but they're not very well equipped for lightning storms*. The staff is pretty lenient about snacks and stuff seeing as how I remember buying tickets early, leaving for Target, and came back with a purse full of fresh breadsticks. The smell was obvious but that didn't stop me.

*was watching Pixar's Inside Out when I started to hear the rumbling of thunder, didn't think anything about it, started thinking about it when the electricity cut out. Just glad they got it back up.

nope_logo1.gif

RE: Searching people? I've seen it happen in the past. It's not something they do to everyone, only if it looks like they're bringing in a bunch of stuff. I have to admit, I laughed when I watched security pull six cans of pop and an entire package of cookies out of someone's pockets the last time I was at a theater.

Is something I really hate.

Just recently, it came out that a frequented theater on 42nd has a case of
... BED BUGS. This theater is AMC theaters and no, this is not the first break out case they have had. There has also been stories of rats climbing on kids or sitting next to people, eating away at the mess left behind by previous guests.

I really, truly hate the experience. When the lights go down, I immediately think about all of the creepy crawlies that come out. Which seats have been violated with pee, vomit or sexual fluids. When was the last time this theater has been scrubbed clean, truly...my mind becomes so distracted that I really cannot enjoy the theater experience.

So a big part of me wishes there were immediate streaming options for new movies, aside from the illegal ones. I would love to be able to enjoy a movie from my own home AND it would be so much cheaper then the fifteen dollars they demand for said film.

What about you and your experiences or expectations?
Jesus Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.