The Mountain Guardian (Japanese Mythology MxM or FxM)

Tinder

Inconceivable
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
Hello again, my fellow writing addicts! It's Tinder, the night owl and recent college graduate who's has something of a roleplay addiction. I've been roleplaying since middle school back when I was first introduced to the internet. I have a tendency to play around with new plot ideas whenever I come across an interesting song or story, which causes them to pile up quite often.

I've returned with a new plot involving Japanese folklore today. First things first, the partner matching information! Here we go.

Friendly Guidelines:
  • Length - I would like you be able to post 2 paragraphs at minimum. As a rule, I prefer quality over quantity, but with that said I like a decent amount of detail in posts such as what's going on around our characters, what your character is thinking or feeling, etc. It makes reading and responding more fun. I can post anything from two paragraphs to a small book depending on the point in roleplay because I'm longwinded I mean I like writing detailed posts as much as I like reading them...yeah that's it.
  • Grammar - I would like you to have a good understanding of grammar. Mistakes will happen, I'm not looking for perfection, but I would like to see some effort here. Please be able to write in the third person as well and stay in the correct tense.
  • Activity – I'm a slow writer, I admit it. My personal speed is a post a week or every other week, sometimes longer than that for the bigger posts. I can work with all kinds of posting speeds, but just know going in I'll need to take my time. You're always free to send me a reminder if it's been awhile, just don't make it every day.
  • Dropping – Yep, we're going there. It is perfectly okay to drop a roleplay with me whether it be because life got in the way, your dog ate your post, or you just lost interest in the roleplay. I only ask that you be willing to tell me you're dropping out. You don't need to tell me why if that makes you uncomfortable, just don't leave me hanging. I won't be angry or bitter. Maybe a little sad depending on my investment in the plot, but that's okay. I promise to do the same for you.
  • Plotting – I have an addiction to plotting. Why else would I appear here so often? I love to world build and brainstorm scenes in advanced. I'll also comment on my characters, your characters, the npcs, and their dogs because that's how I get myself invested in a plot. I know that some people prefer to just start the roleplay and go (it's not impossible for me to do so), but it's just in my nature to try and plan out the next step and keep building the background material as we go. So I would love it if you would be willing to chat about our ideas ahead of time. We wouldn't be making a comprehensive outline or anything, just bouncing ideas back and forth while we go.
On to me, because you ought to know some more about my insanity before agreeing to engage in conversation with me.

Warning Label:
  • Chatting – Getting to know my partners is half the fun of starting a new roleplay, so feel free to chat about anything with me. Got a new obsession, a ridiculous story or two, dreams, plots to dominate the world? Go ahead and share away. I'd be glad to listen and share some of my own.
  • Characters – I enjoy playing both men and women equally, though which one I play usually depends on the plot and my mood. Recently male characters have been my focus so probably more of those for now. Regardless, I will always add in a colorful cast of side characters to flesh out the story and would ask that you be able to do to the same.
  • Romance – I don't do smut. Kissing and actions with clothing still on (more or less) are fine, but nothing explicit. I'm willing to do fade-to-black if you're a red star and the plot calls for it. What would make me especially happy is someone who is willing to get the romance going a little faster. This isn't to say I want our characters proclaiming their undying love for each other after one day, but I'd rather not have to wait for several weeks' worth of conflict to pass before there's even a hint of a relationship. I have nothing against slow burns, I've just been doing a lot of them. If we could meet somewhere in the middle, that would make me very happy.
  • Violence - I'm not bothered by violence or gore, so bring on the bloody stumps and what not. If you've got any issues with it, please let me know. I can get a little carried away at times…
  • Language – Swearing is totally fine, so long as it's not every other word out of your character's mouth. There is a difference between punctuation and cursing.
Any additional questions you have are probably answered on my profile or you can just ask me. Now onto the plot!

Note: My preferred role in bold.

The Mountain Guardian

Pairing:

Human x Tengu (MxF or MxM)

Few in the modern age believe the supernatural exists. Most of the creatures have withdrawn from society and vanished beyond the ordinary realm. Those that remain dwell in the wild places of the world acting as guardians over the remnants of the era when they could coexist with humanity.

Character A is a tengu standing guard over a mountainside forest preserve. Few humans venture into the area outside of the occasional park ranger and adventurous hiker. That is until Character B moves into the cabin located on the edge of the preserve which had been abandoned for years. Character B, an artist by trade, has come to the forest in search of their muse. When the pair meet a few days into Character B's stay, sparks begin to fly and the pair find themselves becoming closer than they meant to be. Then hijinks ensue.

This plot could large or small depending on your preference. We could keep this about our characters and their relationship or expand it to include a more adventure/fantasy elements. Either way, the relationship between our characters will be the initial focus with probably some supernatural fun as the story progresses. I would love to get to them being in a relationship sooner rather than later. Many roleplays I've done focus on the falling in love, but never get to the actual difficulties of a relationship. Outside of that, I'm open to any and all ideas to spice up the story.

I'm looking for someone to play Character A, a tengu guarding the forest. Outside of their race, the rest of the character is up to you completely. In terms of gender, that's up for discussion. I'm willing to play male or female with the option of MxF or MxM for romance. Overall the plot has a lot of room to grow so bring an armload of ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: calcifér.
Hey! I'm down to play Character A. This plot sounds so awesome and I can't wait to develop it with you if you're down as well :-)

Hello! I'm actually also interested in potentially playing out this story if you're still open to the idea of it at least.
I currently don't have any writing samples to give (everything I have saved is rather out of date), and if you truly desire one I will be glad to write something up from the perspective of one of my characters! Two paragraphs will be an easy quota for me to meet as it's my minimum response size, with seven or eight being possibly my longest. I have been known to be able to write more than this but novels are generally avoided so my partner has a chance to respond to anything that may be time sensitive.

I mostly play males, though females are not unheard of for me! I even have a character in mind who would fit Tengu guidelines well, as he was initially meant to be from Japanese Folklore and is essentially avian as well. Either pairing option would work for me, though I'm slightly more curious about the mxm idea! If it turns out that you're more interested in mxf and prefer the male role I would be glad to create a female tengu for this. Plotting can also be fun, so long as we don't over detail it. Writing should be fun and playing with a partner should have a little mystery and surprise, right?

I have to admit that I've been looking at this for the past couple of days after having joined. I've been cautious to respond because you had a previous offer and because I'm new fodder for the site. Instead of lingering on the idea that we might have been able to make this work if I had just shown interest, I decided to act and.... in responding I have at least put forward and effort! I would understand if you decided against me and won't have any ill feelings- especially if you have already filled the role or no longer have an interest in this plot. (:

This all being said, I hope you have a wonderful day, and that writing goes well for you otherwise! Best of luck to you.