The Moon's Imprint

"Sure", I answered, suddenly realizing how stupid it was too be even a little upset about it.

"Can you please get some stakes? Hopefully you won't have to go too far from the camp to find some."

Her voice seemed to change back to normal. Did she decide this wasn't anything to get so bothered over. Knowing the idea had gotten to her, even if just a little, like it did to me made me feel a bit better.

"No problem, I shouldn't be long." I answered, figuring I could always find some sticks thick enough from the tree I had hooked the rabbit string up to.

"Thanks", I replied, concentrating on tying the rope.

/Wow, this tent's smaller than I thought.../

I came back relatively soon with the stakes in my arms. Even though I haven't been very long Lydia had already set up quite a lot of the tent and I could see why. It was so small I almost doubted if two people could sleep in it comfortably.

"I'm back." I called out, stepping through some small vegetation. "I brought some extras with me just in case." The size of the tent made me feel nervous again. I hadn't even sat down next to Lydia so closely when we spoke, I could barely imagine sleeping in this confined space with her.

"I may need to get a larger tarp the next time I pass a merchant", I mused aloud.

"Can you hand me one?", asked, after finding a large , flat rock to hammer the stakes into the ground.

"Sure, here." I offered her one of the stakes and walked to go collect the rock I had used as a plate to serve as my hammer. I took hold of the other side of the tent and began to help secure it in place.

Silently, we finished putting up the tent.

"I'm going to bathe. I'll see you later", I excused myself, grabbing my pack, and walking to the small lake not far away.

"No rush." I called over my shoulder, having turned to throw the last of the wood on the fire. Next I picked up my shield and leaned it against the nearest tree outside the entrance to the tent so it would be easy to spot and grab in the morning.

Then I sat, waiting, not ready to get inside the tent and fall asleep just yet.

((I was never one to describe people taking baths, so I'll just skip that XD))

After what seemd to be half an hour, I stepped out, searching through my pack for a towel. Freezing cold, I found it, and wrapped myself in its fluffy goodness.

"Soooo warrm", I mumbled, almost shivering.

((Don't sorry about it, we're not in the mature section anyway.))

While waiting for Lydia to finish with her bathing I took out my trust knife once again and heated it ever so slightly by the fire. With the once cold steel warmed up nicely I put it to the stubble I had grown the past few days. Not that the hairs were overly long but the more you wait the harder it becomes to shave off. With a practiced and steady hand I shaved off the short hairs before resharpening the blade again on my small stone.

Lydia still wasn't back so I withdrew my sword and began to sharpen it as well.

((nowadays the two get confused to be the same thing o.o))

I dressed into some comfortable clothes and put my hair up into a tight bun. After stuffing my towel back into my pack, I walked back to the camp with a wide smile on my face.

While examining my handy work, I noticed some movement in the reflection off of my sword. Lydia was coming back.

I stood back up, putting my sword in it's sheath as well. Her hair was put up in a bun and she was wearing a content smile. "I see you're feeling better." I joked with a smirk on my face.

I stuck my tongue out in response to Garren's remark. Childish, I know.

"So...", I started to say, but realized I had nothing.

I slanted my head curiously to one side when Lydia didn't continue with her come back.

"So... what? If you were going to poke fun at me go right ahead. You're not afraid of offending me, are you?" I encouraged her, I wanted to know what she had to say but stopped herself from doing so. "I can take it."

"Please, you of all people should know that me saying something is the last thing you'd want", I bluffed, sitting next to him.

"Okay, that's a lie", I admitted. "I made a deal to take you to the Frostback mountains, and I promise that I'll do just that."

I raised my brow at her when she spoke. Did she think I didn't trust what she had told me? Despite it possibly hurting her feelings I couldn't help but laugh a little under my breath.

"I believe you Lydia," I reassured her. "I'm not so sure that's what you were going to tell me a moment ago, though. Is there something on your mind?"

"Nope", I smiled.

Suddenly, I yawned, though I tried not to.

I let out a sigh at her answer. I wasn't sure if she was sending me mixed signals on purpose or if she genuinely wasn't aware she was doing it. I guess it didn't really matter.

I stopped talking to look up into the night sky when Lydia yawned, piquing my attention before I was even able to relax my mind. "I heard that." I teased, "I agree, actually. We should get some sleep for the walk tomorrow."

"Yeah", I said. "I'll put out the fire. You go change into something other than armor; I don't relish having stiff muscles as well as kinks in my neck", I smirked, looking at Garren.

I laughed again at Lydia's comment about my armor. She was right, I didn't fancy sleeping in armor again, especially in cramped conditions. "I planed on wearing something more comfortable actually, don't worry."

I went behind the tree I had leaned my shield against and began to remove my sections of armor. I pulled some more comfortable clothing from a small pouch I kept on my waist for these occasions. Though the fabric was quite thin, in order to fit in the small space. With the pants on I walked back out from behind the tree, still pulling my shirt over my head.

I have my shoulders a quick stretch and jerked my head to one side, giving it a quick crack to loosen the sore joints.