The Moonlit World: London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about a pub drew people, in one way or another. Was it the drinks? The atmosphere? Or perhaps a combination of both? Needless to say, there was a key difference between an actual pub and a cheap bar with liquor. A pub was more akin to a fireside. Everyone who knew everyone, coming in after a long day. Looking after each other, more times then not acting in the others best interest.

And drinks.

Lots of drinks.

Maybe that was why Lucifer started to come to the John Bull a lot nowadays.

He got a lot more attention in his uniform- Both good and bad. The ones who knew it growled at first, the ones who didn't...Growled for entirely other reasons which made him blush when a classmate explained. When asked why he came around, Lucifer just smiled. He had learned something in this place, the value of another insight. And so he came constantly to hone that. To speak with the people who came in with problems, both Moonlit and otherwise.

Wasn't that what a good priest did?

At least, he hoped so. Anyway, after telling the girl he'd drive, a feeling came over him to wait.

He frowned at first, but obeyed it. Sometimes, you had to have a little faith.

@Michale CS @Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon

She tugged at his arm, urging him forward. It wasn't a professional or even a mature thing to do, but social niceties tended to fly out of her head in a crisis. "C'Mon. Let's go."

Time was ticking if the old man/thing was right. And then the next two patrons showed up. Her piercing eyesight had worn off, and she didn't want to take time to reactivate the rune etched into Caliburnus.

"If you'll excuse me sir, ma'am." Her old cop training flying back into her head at the last second just as she was about to elbow them out of the way.

@Ringmaster @Gands @MichaleCS​

Miss, perhaps we can be of assistance? I'm certain Mister Wednesday will vouch for my family. Lucifer will also vouch for both Cynthia and I.

Instinct was kicking in, I think she needs help. But what does Odin one-eye have to do with this ?

"If you'll excuse me sir, ma'am." Her old cop training flying back into her head at the last second just as she was about to elbow them out of the way.
Miss, perhaps we can be of assistance? I'm certain Mister Wednesday will vouch for my family. Lucifer will also vouch for both Cynthia and I.

Instinct was kicking in, I think she needs help. But what does Odin one-eye have to do with this ?
I just stepped aside but closer to Alex. If Alex wanted to help this girl, so did I, no matter how mad I was at her right now.
"And if it's a fight you're going to, I find myself in the mood to kick some ass." I mutter acerbically, despite my attempts to keep the venom out of my voice.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster @Gands

I just stepped aside but closer to Alex. If Alex wanted to help this girl, so did I, no matter how mad I was at her right now.
"And if it's a fight you're going to, I find myself in the mood to kick some ass." I mutter acerbically, despite my attempts to keep the venom out of my voice.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster @Gands

"Don't need a voucher, wouldn't mind some backup though." Lane shot fierce grin at the woman, completely at odds with her cold detective with a heart of gold image. Being bonded with various supernatural phenomena tended to leave you with an appreciation for a good fight when it came around.

"The situation as I understand it is a potential kidnapping in progress somewhere within a one mile radius of here. Think you can help me find it?"

She turned back to Mr. Wednesday and gave him an even look; adding;, "Unless you can be more specific."

@Michale CS @Gands @Ringmaster

"The situation as I understand it is a potential kidnapping in progress somewhere within a one mile radius of here. Think you can help me find it?"

She turned back to Mr. Wednesday and gave him an even look; adding;, "Unless you can be more specific."
"I'm pretty fast. If we can narrow down a spot, I can get to it quickly. I'm not a detective, but I'm pretty observant." This seems to bring me out of my funk, for some reason, but trust me, I haven't forgotten who's in trouble later for not sticking up for me.

@Gands @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon

And that was the problem. Lane was a detective. Sure, she'd picked up a few odd skills over the years, but she was still a detective at her core. And guess what? Detectives aren't telepathic and can't see the future. So, she was at a loss on how to find the girl in any reasonable time. If she'd been in LA se would have had resources, but London? Zip. Caliburnus was made to pierce illusions and reveal the truth in the darkness, not find completely unknown truths. While Caliburnus had revealed the inhuman nature of some of the group, she still wasn't sure what exactly everyone was. That would take a more direct and intensive use of Caliburnus, and not only would that invasion of these people's basic nature burn any trust they would have in her, it would all take time they didn't have.

"Let's level here. Not of us are human, but none of us knows what the other is fully. It's our nature to stay in the Hidden World, but right now there's a girl's life in danger. I'm willing to put aside my secrets for the greater good."

Lane drew her sword from it's scabbard on her back, a large broadsword that was still light enough to be easily held in one hand. It's surface was engraved with beautiful runes and symbols in what appeared to be a combination of ancient Breton, Norse and Gaelic.

"Caliburnus, show your light." She commanded, and the sword lit up with a light that seemed to hover right between the visual and magical spectrums.

"I'm a knight, a guardian of mankind." Lane said simply. "I don't hate the dark or the hidden, and am probably the farthest thing from a templar. But, a lot of your kind don't like me despite."

"So, this is what I am. What are you?"

@Michale CS @Gands @Ringmaster

"Caliburnus, show your light." She commanded, and the sword lit up with a light that seemed to hover right between the visual and magical spectrums.
I cringed for a moment then blinked. "Fuck. A little warning next time? It's like someone tried to laser pointer my eyes." I complain.
"I'm a knight, a guardian of mankind." Lane said simply. "I don't hate the dark or the hidden, and am probably the farthest thing from a templar. But, a lot of your kind don't like me despite."

"Half succubus. Dad's kind of one of the original incubi down below, but he's not bad as demons go. Of course he helps people steal shit and fucks whatever he wants. So, fast, strong, hellfire-tossing, good eyes - when I don't have holy fucking light flashed in them, good ears. I'm up here and not down there because I want to be as human as possible, not only because it'll piss my dad off, but because I think it's the right thing to do."

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster

I am Alexandra Koimara. Daughter to Aides, god of the underworld. I am mostly a warrior, but, glancing at mister Wednesday, I know a few undertaker tricks.

This is Cynthia, my best friend.
I pull out my own sword, which almost looks like bronze, holding it in front of me pointed down..

Reactions: Michale CS
"Lucifer's only been in town a couple of months. He hasn't had time to become a whore yet." I kibitz back, defensively.
"Be so kind as to leave me out of your spats."

Lucifer deadpanned, jostled slightly and taking the opportunity to look the rest over.

Mr. Wednesday laughed.
"Half succubus. Dad's kind of one of the original incubi down below, but he's not bad as demons go. Of course he helps people steal shit and fucks whatever he wants. So, fast, strong, hellfire-tossing, good eyes - when I don't have holy fucking light flashed in them, good ears. I'm up here and not down there because I want to be as human as possible, not only because it'll piss my dad off, but because I think it's the right thing to do."
"Your father of old and now knew lust, turned it to his advantage. He made it holy in Babylon, that every woman must succumb herself to to the God and sit with legs spread, for any number of men to plant their seed. The world has changed, but that has not. They do it for reasons of their own. Yours is a legacy of sin and whoredom, indulged when you want and offended when spoken. We call that 'fear' where I'm from and it comes from the knowledge that Hell does not relinquish its people so easily. Because when they catch you?"

A smile flickered over his lips.

"They'll be Hell to pay."
I am Alexandra Koimara. Daughter to Aides, god of the underworld. I am mostly a warrior, but, glancing at mister Wednesday, I know a few undertaker tricks.

This is Cynthia, my best friend.
I pull out my own sword, which almost looks like bronze, holding it in front of me pointed down..
"You on the other hand, are just as easy for all your enigmatic nature my dear."

He replied looking at her.

"Ghosts and ghouls alike have fled before you, as had the living. For the dead are loneliest where they lie and the living dead more so. Twas easier for you to learn and fight, following in the footsteps of dead men and dead words. The toys of civilization past, your obsession. A legacy that they were here. And they were great. What will be your legacy I wonder? Plutos whelp. Daughter of the Underworld. Your father sees all, but he cannot see all paths that will occur....Nor step in at every point. Such is the path of demigods."
Lane drew her sword from it's scabbard on her back, a large broadsword that was still light enough to be easily held in one hand. It's surface was engraved with beautiful runes and symbols in what appeared to be a combination of ancient Breton, Norse and Gaelic.

His eye glittered as he saw the sword and he chuckled.

"I had not seen that for an age. The sword Caliburnus- The blade of judgement. Yours is a long and lonely path, Dame Lane."

He flicked his eye to her and added.

"Choose your friends carefully and where you can. There are forces who are rather glad your kind is by and large, gone from the world."

His final word to Lucifer was simply this.

"The road to Hel is paved with many intentions, good and evil. It just takes longer for good."

"So if that's the case, what good is choice in the end?"

Mr. Wednesday laughed aloud again as he rose up to leave.

"It gives you....Power. Beyond that, I'll let you find out."

And paying for his drink, he turned and was gone out the door.

Leaving behind a map which Lucifer picked up and frowned before folding it and checking for his car keys.

"I'll drive."

And off he went to do so, leaving everyone else free to follow. Presuming they did and got in, the next part of the adventure began.

----------

_50832241_011038555-1.jpg

They got there, but there appeared to be a problem.

Lucifer blinked at the scene and at the police flocking around as they re-directed traffic. Lucifer turned the car into a parking area near and as he did, he spoke.

"Mundane folk. This might be awkward. We'll either have to avoid them, bluff them or find a way to talk without drawing attention."

There were several options at this point.

One was an eyewitness from the looks, a man in a sweater who held an ice bag to his forehead as a cop spoke to him.

The other was the van itself, currently unguarded as police kept back civilians.

And then for those who could sense it, a few ghosts lingering in an alleyway close.

What do they do?

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS

• Love
"Your father of old and now knew lust, turned it to his advantage. He made it holy in Babylon, that every woman must succumb herself to to the God and sit with legs spread, for any number of men to plant their seed. The world has changed, but that has not. They do it for reasons of their own. Yours is a legacy of sin and whoredom, indulged when you want and offended when spoken. We call that 'fear' where I'm from and it comes from the knowledge that Hell does not relinquish its people so easily. Because when they catch you?"

A smile flickered over his lips.

"They'll be Hell to pay."
Part of me wanted to smack the smile off of his face, but I also had an instinctual warning that said not to get close to this guy at all, for some reason. Here I was trying as hard as I could to be human, to not be a whore, to not be afraid, and this guy was rubbing my face in it like training a puppy by shoving his face in his shit. My anger, embarrassment and despair about simply being, was at an all time high. Thankfully we got the fuck out of there before I did something extremely stupid.

"Mundane folk. This might be awkward. We'll either have to avoid them, bluff them or find a way to talk without drawing attention."

There were several options at this point.

One was an eyewitness from the looks, a man in a sweater who held an ice bag to his forehead as a cop spoke to him.

The other was the van itself, currently unguarded as police kept back civilians.

And then for those who could sense it, a few ghosts lingering in an alleyway close.
"I've got the van." I said, and didn't wait at all, instead disappearing into the down below, then running to where the van would be in the mortal world and reappearing - well, inside the van, unless there was a ward that prevented demonic intrusion, in which case I would be flat on my back under the thing. At this point, I didn't care which.

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster

I sat very quietly during the drive. Thinking about Odin's pronouncement. Damned Norse. Yet for all of him being such an ass about the delivery, the seeming need to embarrass Cynthia and I, he wasn't far off the mark. It takes me several long minutes to think this through and get over the self indulgent anger. I have been lonely all my life. I've buried my anger and loneliness in training and business. Wisdom is still wisdom even when delivered by a person who takes pleasure in insulting and upsetting people.

I hear Cynthia make her own announcement. Life comes into focus.

Miss Lane, I can sense spirits nearby, time for some funeral parlor tricks. Cynthia, the old man was being mean, being a jerk. I don't think you are the same person your father would have wanted or intended you to be. Try not to be angry when talking to those people.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Thuro 116 Pendragon

• Thank You
Miss Lane, I can sense spirits nearby, time for some funeral parlor tricks. Cynthia, the old man was being mean, being a jerk. I don't think you are the same person your father would have wanted or intended you to be. Try not to be angry when talking to those people.
"Who was he and why did he seem to know you all?"

Lucifer asked. It had been a while since he saw the two, but whatever had passed on between the lines seemed to hit the two hard. Frowning, he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel though as Cynthia vanished, he huffed out.

"Cryptic or not, I wished he said more then just choices to me. Seems everyone else got a much more guidance and/or warning."

In a flat emotionless voice

Wednesday, once known as Wotan's day, Wotan, another name for Odin. You notice he only had one real eye.
King of the Norse Gods and complete jerk.

• Love
"I've got the van." I said, and didn't wait at all, instead disappearing into the down below, then running to where the van would be in the mortal world and reappearing - well, inside the van, unless there was a ward that prevented demonic intrusion, in which case I would be flat on my back under the thing. At this point, I didn't care which.
The van itself was a dank smelling affair. Blood and bile, on the floor of the back showed what had been here previously. But what really drove it up was the faint miasma of magic lingering, as well as other dents in the wall side. A glance behind the lining revealing what the blow had meant to expose.

Protective signs. This van was spelled as a magical prison, though for what was the question.
Wednesday, once known as Wotan's day, Wotan, another name for Odin. You notice he only had one real eye.
King of the Norse Gods and complete jerk.
"He seems to know a lot of people. Regardless of their standing."

He rubbed his chin and frowned while Alexandra headed over to the spirits. All women, all Asian from the looks of it as they watched their bodies from the alleyway they were hiding in, all covered over and set to the side.

Glancing at Alexandra, they turned their attention back to the events before the first said hopefully.

"Do you think she escaped?"

They didn't seem to realize that Alexandra could see them.

Lucifer for his part went over to talk to one of the policemen.

@Michale CS @Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon

I get out of the vehicle and walk in the direction of the spirits. I don't act as if I notice them until I'm very close. I carry an aura of authority.

Ladies ? Tell me what you saw please.

Ladies ? Tell me what you saw please.
"You can see us?!"

That got the attention of all three spirits, staring at Alexandra with a sudden intensity. One looked to be middle-aged, but with a jaw that you could crack nuts with. She was a fighter and her eyes glinted gold. The second looked to be younger, college aged. She had green eyes, a small scar under her left eye. The final one looked like a high schooler, with a heart embroidered on her uniform shirt. The matron stepped before the other two as she said calmly.

"Which realm do you represent? We are of Ch'eng Huang and we will not surrender so easily if you seek us."

I draw myself up as much as I can.

I am daughter to Aides. I ask only for information. A woman was taken, tell me what you have seen. Quickly please, a woman's life might be in danger.

I look at them as I was taught, I am a daughter of Aides, Lord of the underworld. I have a small amount of attention to the world around me while I am waiting.

The van itself was a dank smelling affair. Blood and bile, on the floor of the back showed what had been here previously. But what really drove it up was the faint miasma of magic lingering, as well as other dents in the wall side. A glance behind the lining revealing what the blow had meant to expose.

Protective signs. This van was spelled as a magical prison, though for what was the question.
"Well, shit." There was an outside chance this was a magical Roach Motel - you can check in but you can't check out. Between the actual smell of shit and the magical signs I wasn't keen on staying here any longer - if I could get out. Open doors don't exactly have to mean anything when magic is involved.

So, I whipped out my cell phone, took a few pictures, thought twice and pulled a tampon out of my purse and collected a 'sample' - of the blood. Then, presuming I could, I slipped back 'below' and dashed back to where Alex would be before popping back to the mortal world.

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Gands

I draw myself up as much as I can.

I am daughter to Aides. I ask only for information. A woman was taken, tell me what you have seen. Quickly please, a woman's life might be in danger.

I look at them as I was taught, I am a daughter of Aides, Lord of the underworld. I have a small amount of attention to the world around me while I am waiting.
They hesitate for a moment, each looking at the other before the first speaks.

"I was at home, cleaning when a stranger walked through my shop doors. She asked me in the language of my mothers for sanctuary, which I granted."

"I was working down below at the desk. When she passed over, it was I who called our mother to decide."

Said the college-aged ghost.

The schoolgirl looked somberly.

"I was walking home from school. I saw a storm on the horizon and rushed home to warn my mother and sister."

"Once the thunder commanded us to surrender."

"Twice the lightning demanded our fugitive."

"Thrice the rain called for that which we protected."

They could say no more it seemed as they fell silent, the fresh trauma of the crash hitting them hard.

And then on the other side of the alley, the Nevernever rippled as a great, Chinese lion stepped out which all three women bowed to. The lion inclined its head and looked at Alexandra.

"....I am taking these ghosts to their rest. Wilt thou stop me?"
"Well, shit." There was an outside chance this was a magical Roach Motel - you can check in but you can't check out. Between the actual smell of shit and the magical signs I wasn't keen on staying here any longer - if I could get out. Open doors don't exactly have to mean anything when magic is involved.

So, I whipped out my cell phone, took a few pictures, thought twice and pulled a tampon out of my purse and collected a 'sample' - of the blood. Then, presuming I could, I slipped back 'below' and dashed back to where Alex would be before popping back to the mortal world.
When Cynthia appeared, the lions tail whipped briefly, but he said nothing as he waited.

@Gands @Michale CS @Thuro 116 Pendragon

When Cynthia appeared, the lions tail whipped briefly, but he said nothing as he waited.
"What. The actual. Fuck. I pop out for like thirty seconds and we get a fucking Asian Aslan." So maybe I shouldn't have said that, but Hells, this was some crazy shit, even for my life.

@Gands @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Status
Not open for further replies.