The Moon-touched [Quiet End of the World, Mild Supernatural, Slice-of-life]

F

Fox of Spades

The Moon-touched

tumblr_peo1xiRxr11tcvan1o1_400.gifv

It's 3 am. An official phone alert wakes you up. It says "Do not look at the moon." You have hundreds of notifications.
Hundreds of random numbers are sending "It's a beautiful night tonight. Look outside."

☾ ☾ ☾

The Moon-Touched

"The moon shone beautifully, and under its luminescent light, life as we knew it came to an end."

October 26, 2020

☾ NASA announces that Asteroid 165 OR5 - Asteroid Lida for short - will fly by the earth in early November​

November 3, 2020

☾ Asteroid Lida flies by on schedule, streaking past the sky and leaving an ominous glow in its wake​
☾ For the next couple of days, the night sky is tinged with an eerie green glow​

November 7, 2020

☾ The moon is beautiful, so, so beautiful​
☾ At 3 am NASA sends an official phone alert, warning people to NOT look at the moon​
☾ Those who look at the moon that night become one of the moon-touched, people forever stuck in a perpetual daydream - forever washing the dishes, forever walking the dog that doesn't exist, forever talking about how beautiful the moon was that evening​
☾ The world as we know it comes to an end​

November 12, 2020

☾ The first of the moon-touched slowly start to turn into trees​

A Quiet End of the World

Hello, everyone! The Moon-Touched is a quiet end-of-the-world RP that focuses heavily on what comes after the supposed end of life as we all know it. If this sounds like your cup of tea, then settle down for a bit more information! This is going to be a character-driven roleplay that focuses on a group of survivors (looking for 5-7 players max, not first come first serve) and how they cope with the strange happenings around them. I'm looking for people who enjoy creating characters who grow and develop over time / players who are willing to plot out character arcs and whatnot.​

If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and I'll be more than happy to answer it below!​
Expectations

☾ A minimum of 2-3 paragraphs, but more would be great!​
☾ Posting Schedule: TBD [We'll vote on it later when we have more people]​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: marcy and Gossip
I might be interested. What is the posting schedule going to be like?

Reactions: Fox of Spades
Thanks for the interest ^^! I usually go for a post every three days, but I'm open to having the players vote once we've got a team.

Is this anime/drawn face-claims or realistic?

Is this anime/drawn face-claims or realistic?

Anime / drawn face-claims ^^! I'll be posting the character sheet template once we get a few more interested folks. I'll be GM-ing this alongside my friend @Warden and we'll be posting our own character ideas around then to avoid having charas who are too similar to one another.

Hm, interesting, slice of life post-apocalyptic? You have my interest piqued!

Thanks for the interest ^^! There will be a plot too, just that it's going to be heavily character-driven at first.

Thanks for the interest ^^! Just looking for a few more peeps, then my friend and I will start posting our character blurbs and the character sheet. We'll also have a discord group up for easy communication.

I'll drop some interest here. Tentative, for the time being.

@ERode @Quira

Thanks for the interest guys! Waving arms have been seen xD!

We've got a decent number of people now! But I'll give this int check until March 30 to attract a few more folks, then I'll hand out the character sheets and tag you all to a more detailed thread for character applications.

I know this is the apocalypse but it sounds so...quaint. I'm interested.

@Meringue

That's the vibe we're going for ^^! A quiet, verdant apocalypse. Pretty from afar, but terrifying when you're experiencing it yourself. Thanks for the interest!

Hoping to get a few more folks before the OOC and discord group go up tomorrow night, so bump!

There is no way in hell I can keep up with posting but this is really cool so I'mma lurk.

Ngl this sounds miiiiighty interesting.

@Astaroth

Thank you ^^!

@Dawn

Thanks for the interest <3!

I know the int. check is pretty bare-borns rn, but the OOC will definitely have more info on the plot, setting, and moon-touched. I'm excited to get things rolling~

Reactions: Astaroth
Is this still open? I'm very interested since the concept for this is quite similar to an SCP entry I read a while back and it'd be interesting to play as someone in a similar setting.