The Missing Lands

"I'm f-ine, go fin-d a place t-o hide.." She looked at Gaius and told him, "Hide everyone under 21 under the church were we hide..." She started to lip again but she fell down almost passing out in pain but tried to get back up.

The army started to get closer to the gates... you could see their men from here

Basic Legion Soldiers
the_medieval_soldiers_by_goddessmechanic-d4l98x2.jpg

-Silently contemplating the request, Gaius examines the two with him. While one seemed strong enough to handle herself, the other was much weaker, and much more prone to getting hurt-
-nods head- "Got it."
-Gestures at the two to follow him again, but they can see a hidden message in Gaius's eyes.

Henrietta ignored the alarms as she heard them, "Cowards!" She cried out to the three that were now running away. Scowling at the pathetic bandits that call themselves men she was ready to kill them and almost let her arrow go until she heard Natasha telling her to hide. Startled by her presence, Henrietta let down her bow and arrow, watching the the guard struggling to walk towards the gate. Henrietta was confused, the alarms, she wondered, what did they mean? Then she heard it, footsteps, evenly matched footsteps, almost like marching. She put her bow behind her back and put the arrow in her quiver, watching as people were now hurrying to the church. It wasn't all the civilians, but young ones who were around her age with obvious fear across their faces. Henrietta frowned and knew that Natasha's command wasn't one to be left unacknowledged. She hurried back to the church along with the others looking back ever so slightly towards the gates. She took out her cape in a second and wrapped it around her neck once again. She grabbed her long hair and lifted it up in order to pull the cape over her head. Something wasn't right here, and Henrietta knew it was best to stay low.

Azlaya could feel the change in the air. What was already dark and full of misery seemed to fill with fear. She can see the many peoples of Lora scuttling about, trying to make their way to the church. She shakes her head, clearing it of her observations. Now was a time fleeing, later would be a time of watching. She was curious, however, about what it was she and the others were running from. She follows the guard, taking sudden note of the change to a more serious complexion. She would have to inquire about that later, but again; run now, watch later.

She lifts her orange hood up over her head, pulling her daggers out in case she may need them. She can see those around her giving a moments pause every so often to see her, wondering if they're fleeing with their enemies rather than from them. She will have to explain to everyone that she is NOT a bandit. As she moves, she can see the other person with her and the guard - Fi, if she remembers correctly - and she notices her herb satchel. She decides that she'll speaking to her as well. Maybe she'll be able to enlighten Azlaya about local herbs and medicines.

She can hear the sound of marching becoming louder, and now she can even feel the ground shake from the steady stomping motion. She begins to thoroughly regret her decision to come to Lora. From what she can see of it, it isn't as promising as she'd thought. Barely any guards, everyone's a coward, and dead bodies litter the streets - some not even hidden!

"Where are we going?" Azlaya asks, determined to get some answers.

*The marching stopped with one man giving an order* It was clear that the army was at the gate. Only a few guards stood at the gates in frount of the army. Alot of the younger ones were now hiding under the church the only place Legion didn't know about. Natasha Leaning agienst her friend Ricky, herting to much to stand on her own. There was just 5 guards facing about 120 Legion troops. "Well, well what happened here?" The voice came from a tall looking man who walked out in frount of the rest of the Legion men. He had a scar across his right cheak that went to his lips. "Arn't you supposed to be the strongest guard" He smirked at Natasha acting like he know her very well. "What do you want you pig..." The man walked up to her and grab her face. Ricky kicked him in the gut and sent him flying back. "Don't touch her you bas-"

*Thud* Ricky fell over with an arrow in his chest, Natasha fell with Ricky in clear shock. The man grabbed Natasha by her only arm and lifted her up and dragged her to the curch.

-10 minutes earlier-
"...Wait a second. We're not going to the church anymore."
-Ignores Azlaya's question-
"Follow me, I have a separate hiding spot. Something tells me the church isnt safe anymore."

Fi opened her eyes wide, staring at Natasha for a second or two. "You're not okay, you're.." she started, waving her hands nervously. She looked at Gaius and Azlaya, trying to find some help there in order to get Natasha somewhere safe, but they did nothing. Fi shook her head, pressing her lips together. Maybe there was something about that woman she didn't know? She wanted to believe that, because if there wasn't, they were basically letting her walk right into the enemy. The sound of regular steps was now very close. If Fi wanted to survive, she had to move now. She turned around and followed Gaius. "That wasn't right", she whispered to herself, and then looked up. When Azlaya asked her question, Fi nodded. "Why? Do you know something?" she added, looking at Gaius. Something about him was.. Different, weird, but she just couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"I would agree with you, Fi, but if we try to help her they'll kill us, too." Azlaya says, stepping backwards for a moment as she keeps her eyes on what of the scene she can, her hands on her wooden daggers with a crushing grip. Despite the sense she thinks and speaks with, she can't help but feel anger and sadness. She stops in her tracks, rethinking her personal course of action. She shakes her head as she turns, hurrying to catch up to Gaius and Fi. She quickly skipped and hopped between crumbled pieces of buildings. She's actually thankful for her short stature, because it helps her maneuver in some conditions. She catches up with the others.

"There are so many of them. It seems they're much better off than the others here. Who are they?" she asks, recognizing the armor descriptions from somewhere.

Hiding in the corner behind one of the pillars that were still standing, Henrietta kept a watchful eye of all the people who were getting ready to hide in a secret chamber of the church. Pulling her cape tightly, she wasn't sure if she should follow suit or not, there were too many people rushing in and the army she was sure of, was already here. She needed to make a decision and fast. She looked over to her right, and there was a clear opening despite the rubble but she knew she'd be able to fit through if needed. Where she was now though seemed to be a good hiding spot, her cape had a gray enough color to blend her in with the rubble that was around her. Burrowing herself deeper in the shadows, she waited to see what the fuss was really about.

The legion captain walked up the stairs dragging Natasha behind him letting her hit the steps over and over again. Natasha was really passed out from the pain but still kept going. The legion captain dragged Natasha into the main area of the church were some citizens still were. He lifted Natasha by her hair and put a knife to her side. "You know why we are here, we are drafting anyone 21 or under. Now steps forwards if you are in that age and we won't have to get violent." As always no one stepped forwards and Legion troops start to storm into the church looking for anyone under age. Sadly not everyone was able to hide they started to take children left and right with this parents screaming for the child to come back. "Well sense you people like to disobey us i will show you what happens" The man shoved the knife into Natasha's side were her already open wound was and he started to twist it and pulled it out. A red stream of blood came with the knife as he pulled it out. Natasha had passed out after screaming from the knife.

The man let out a wicked laugh

Azlaya_zpscad86a4f.png

"I've got common sense." Azlaya says, stopping in her tracks as the other two continued. She can hear the screams, and she refuses to hear them without acting. She might not be able to do much, but she can at least distract some of them. She was also curious about what was actually happening around the church. Falling victim to her honor and her curiosity, she slips away from the others, making her way back to the church.

"Doesn't mean I use it." she continued with a soft sigh, quickly moving into the rubble that the group had avoided just earlier. She needed cover, and with the random broken pieces of homes, it was a lot easier than she originally thought.

(Hmmm, killing yourself. That's a very interesting plot progression tactic.)

Listening intently to the commotion, Henrietta couldn't help but fume with anger. Legion scum, she thought to herself as she quietly took out her bow and another arrow from her back, careful to not make too much movement. When the legion captain started hurting Natasha, Henrietta couldn't help but instinctively have her arm raised up and almost aimed at the head of the captain. Gritting her teeth, she forced herself to stop moving and figure out another way to get Natasha out of there. She knew that it would be a terrible idea to kill the captain, not to mention the legion soldiers out near the gates waiting for orders to attack the town if things went astray. She quickly looked around, trying to figure out how to divert the captains attention so at least some of the civilians can escape and avoid Natasha from getting injured again. Then, she saw it. Taking a deep breath she steadied her feet, gripped her hands on the arrow and bow. If she was going to do this, she needed to do this right. She swung out from the pillar yelling at the top of her lungs, "Oh dear Captain!" She had already aimed her bow to the half-gone roof, where there was loose rubble she noticed was about to come apart. The captain turned to her with sheer surprise, "You!" he shouted back unsheathing his sword, leaving Natasha behind and his attention solely on Henrietta now. She smiled slyly at him as he was nearing her, her bow and arrow still up in the air aimed at the roof. "Did you miss me Captain? Because I sure did miss you." The captain raged and let out a roar as he gripped his sword and was now sprinting to her. Before he could even dare reach her, her arrow was already flying to the roof. Winking at the captain, she dashed to the opening right before half of the church was suddenly caving in from the rubble that was tumbling down from the roof. The civilians screamed and scurried out, hopefully finding another place to hide. The captain yelled angrily, upset that Henrietta had gotten away and ran out of the church before it could collapse on him. Luckily, the rubble only collapsed on half of the other side opposite of Natasha whereas for now she was safe.

Henrietta was running as fast as she could, slipping through the small alleyways of the city. She needed another place to hide and quick. She knew there was no way out of the city, it was miles and miles of desolation and she'd be a easy figure to spot. Oddly enough, Henrietta couldn't help but feel a quick surge of excitement and glee. It's been awhile since she felt like this. Gleaming to herself as she jumped over and climbed up on the ruined buildings searching for a place to hide, she was happy to know that coming to Lora was a good idea.

"Should've known."
-Gaius made an abrupt stop-
"Well, I guess I can't let visitors have a fight without me."
-Countenance changes again-
"If your not ready for combat, I suggest hiding under that broken toilet, behind it is a small wooden trapdoor that leads into a tunnel, the tunnel will lead you to a small room. Well, I'll be going now."
-Wicked grin, and, when Fi wasn't watching, he took the sling-
"My turn."
-The sling instantly started glowing, and a second later a rusted sword came to his hands-
"I'll just make em think its off one of the dead soldiers."
-And with that, Gaius ran off, passing Azlaya without noticing her as he mutters,-
"Legion scum."

Azlaya watches as Gaius passes by and immediately worries about Fi. Looking back to see that she's alright, she continues forward. She prefers to take a much more subtle approach to the encounter at the church. First, a little reconnaissance. She pulls herself around, seeing some of the soldiers. They're in a bit of a panic, but she can easily make out the armor. Legion forces, this far east of her home? She smacks her lips together, letting the bad taste of the word 'home' filter through a bit. She puts her hands on her daggers, thinking of a way to get in and do as much damage with as little notice.

And then she sees HIM. The man responsible for putting her parents into a pitiful state of finance. She can still remember the stories of the fires that ravaged her lands, how her mother cried almost every night about it. And she remembers the night her 'father' finally denounced her, revealing that the Legion Captain - Not so high a ranking back then - was her real father. Something builds within her. Rage? No, she's come to terms with reality and the fact that she isn't held to it. Disgust? Hah, she's felt that so often that it would seem rather normal. No, she feels something else. She feels peace. Finally, she's laid her eyes upon him again. Her real father. Such a beautiful thing it is.

And even far more beautiful is the thought of laying him upon his stomach, his rib cage torn back and the animals feasting on him. "This city barely has room for the humans." she says to herself, pulling her wooden daggers out, planning her path carefully. "Much less the pigs."

-Countenance changes again-
"Oh... No.. No no no!"
-Gaius suddenly stopped, and started running back to his hiding spot, his sword now once again a simple sling-
"That war loving idiot is going to be the end of me.... How could he have been so stupid? Should've let me handle it...."
-In his departure for the church, the bandit Gaius had knocked out, and carried with him, was with the newcomer who he had analyzed wouldn't be good at fighting-

"I'm always surrounded by heroes", thought Fi when she was left alone. That wasn't the first time she came to such conclusion. She, too, heard the screams and she felt nauseous, but no matter how many thoughts crossed her mind, there wasn't one saying "Go there!". She could have ignored that and run back - but what for? The idea of dying without making a difference was.. Just.. Stupid. If she survives, she will help anyone. But right now.. She grabbed the fabric of her skirt, closing her hands on it and gritting her teeth. She had to calm down. Now.

First things first. Think! She took the dagger she was carrying around and threw it away. At this point, having it meant that she was basically carrying an extra weapon for anyone that would like to do her harm. She didn't need it - she can find another one later on, if everything goes her way. She looked in the direction Gaius was pointing earlier and nervously wiped her eyes. After taking a deep breath, she started walking and it was right then and there when she heard someone. She didn't even have time to feel scared before someone grabbed her arm and pushed her down onto the ground.

How could she forget about him?! There was no use worrying about it now - she had bigger problems than contemplating her poor memory - especially when the bandit slapped her across the face. He didn't have a weapon, but he was still stronger. Fi started kicking, pushing and scratching. It wasn't about the technique, everything she did was just to survive. When she felt bandit's hands on her neck, she raised her arms a little and pushed her thumbs right into his eyes. He screamed in pain and punched her face - there was a rather disgusting sound, and Fi could swear her nose was broken. She continued to struggle, but his grip on her neck was getting harder and harder.

"Myyyy turnnnnnn."
-Gaius entered the small room, a malevolent grin on his face, a red tint in his eyes, carrying a sharp, serrated dagger.-
"Do you want to die painlessly, or painfully?"
-In response, the bandit threw Fi down and charged at him, grabbing a dagger off the ground.-
"Painfully it is! My lucky day!"
-Crouches down and swiftly cuts through the bandits hand, making him scream and drop the blade.-
"Keep on screaming.... It'll be delightful!"
-He approaches the now unarmed bandit, who was trying to drag himself away and keep trying to surrender-
"I told you painlessly or painfully, now you dont have a choice."
-All this time, Gaius had that same grin on his face, as he cut into the bandits other arm, then stabbed his legs.-
"Now, I make the choice. And you know what? You've screwed with me enough already. Now it's my turn to screw with you!"
-Grabs the dagger from the ground, and inspects the blade, making sure its straight and not serrated.-
"Perfect....You know... there's a torture I love to use.... It's called dancing. Now, I'm about to cut through your throat, only barely, so you can live, and then I'll extract information from you by stepping on your stomach, causing the blood to squirt out... Deal?"
-The bandit started shaking, and shook his head repeatedly, all the while trying to muster the strength to scream. Still smiling, the demented Gaius raised the dagger....-

Fi heard a voice and the next thing she knew, she was free. She got on her knees, gasping for air, red marks visible on her neck from the choking that occurred seconds before. She didn't even look at the bandit, focused on her breathing. Not being able to take a deep breath, seconds felt like hours. She leaned on the ground, blood dripping from her nose onto the old wooden planks. She raised her head only after the bandit's screamed and she looked at Gaius, her eyes widening a little because she didn't recognize him at first. Fi opened her mouth again, breathing heavily. She wiped her nose, but blood was still coming out, not to mention the pain that went through her whole body when she touched her face. She stood up, shivering, her clothes and hair disheveled, and looked at the bandit. He was screaming, obviously in pain, with wounds appearing on his body one after another. Fi didn't feel any remorse; he was the man who tried to kill her, after all. He deserved it - and more. She didn't move, forcing herself to watch as Gaius - or whoever he was now, Fi wasn't sure anymore - continued his little fun.

But when Gaius started explaining the torture, Fi couldn't take it any longer. She didn't want this man to live, but she was no torturer. She always took care of people around her, closing their wounds and trying to make them feel better, not tormenting them. Before her savior could slit the bandit's throat, Fi grabbed a small rock and fell on her knees right next to him, hitting his temple with her new 'weapon', knocking him unconscious. "No, no, no" she muttered, her voice rather hoarse and muffled at the same time. She had tears in her eyes. "Just kill him, please." She swallowed loudly, looking at Gaius. He looked mad in Fi's eyes and she couldn't tell if he was going to attack her, now that his toy wasn't concious anymore.

"............."
-The demented Gaius stared at the unconscious bandit-
"You...... made it boring. Now, you'll make it fun again!"-Lunges at her, and before his dagger can get close, his face changes, and he reels backwards, panting and gasping-
"Ugh...."
-The sharp dagger fell from his hand, and the dagger he had turned into a a broken spear, his eyes returned to a brown color, and his smile disappeared. He looked at the bandit, and then back at Fi.-
"U-um.... you won't t-tell anyone....r-right..?"

She didn't scream when he lunged at her - she was expecting something like this to happen - but she felt terrible fear that boosted the pain in her whole body. She wasn't sure if she would survive another direct attack. She closed her eyes, shaking, and then slowly opened them when nothing happened. Gaius looked at her, his voice once again rather shaky. Fi shook her head slowly. What else could she do? Gaius had proven to be unstable before he even got here, though not to such extent. She didn't take her eyes from him even for a second, getting up and grabbing her satchel. There were random herbs and vials on the floor, but Fi simply ignored them, standing up. She took a few steps back and peeped out of their hiding spot, trying to see if there's someone outside. With the uncoscious bandit on the floor and no one to finish the job and kill him - Fi wasn't going to and it didn't look like Gaius was planning on it either - it was best to move. Fi wanted to go alone, but she knew that it wouldn't increase her chances. She had to keep Gaius around and hope that his mind wouldn't change again.