The Miscellaneous Iwaku Storytelling Contest: September 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been addressed and I missed it... but do the main characters in the MISC entry have to be cannon or can they be Original with cannon supporting characters within the fandom universe?

DO I have to use a canon character at all? Or can i just take a created world and run with that? ~Serious SUCKS at canon characters~

DO I have to use a canon character at all? Or can i just take a created world and run with that? ~Serious SUCKS at canon characters~
Same tho

Reactions: PoetLore
Fanfiction you say. I can do that and I might. Hmmm... so many fandoms. Can we do cross-over fanfictions @Jorick? Or is it restricted to one?

Cross-over is fine! Just be sure to tell us all the different fandoms in use. :D

Sorry if this has been addressed and I missed it... but do the main characters in the MISC entry have to be cannon or can they be Original with cannon supporting characters within the fandom universe?

OC main character is totally fine. It's quite common in fanfic actually, OC main with canon supporting cast, so totally doable here too.

Just the created world and no canon characters is fine. Just keep in mind that it still needs to be recognizable as fanfic, so something like say a story about a totally original cast of kids in Hogwarts would be fine, what with the obviously fanfic setting and magic stuff going on, but if you were to do a totally original cast in some high school from a generic teen drama then it probably wouldn't seem like fanfic at all. :P

*has an idea*

*dances offscreen*
:bananaman:

I've never seriously fan ficked before, pardon my blushes, but if I get time and internet access at the right moment, I'll do this. One question @Jorick (and may I say, your avatar is looking lovelier than ever): Is an old obscure fan fic source okay? I'm thinking of several sources, one is a creaky old anime. I've been researching those for unrelated reasons (which of course, I can't reveal). Naturally, I'll provide the name of said dinosaur to the admins., if used.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I've never seriously fan ficked before, pardon my blushes, but if I get time and internet access at the right moment, I'll do this. One question @Jorick (and may I say, your avatar is looking lovelier than ever): Is an old obscure fan fic source okay? I'm thinking of several sources, one is a creaky old anime. I've been researching those for unrelated reasons (which of course, I can't reveal). Naturally, I'll provide the name of said dinosaur to the admins., if used.
Of course, your source material doesn't have to be recent or widely popular, use whatever strikes your fancy. :D

Oh that last one. I can't even click...

My Immortal, while making me laugh, was traumatizing enough that I don't even want to attempt the other ones. :devilfire:

Excuse you, My Immortal is actually a work of art, truly an inspirational work to all fic writers out there. *lets a single tear slide across her face, shaking a fist to nothing in particular while remembering her favourite heroine of all time, Enoby*

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"Harry Potter eventually eats a sandwich and discusses life with a famous author."
Well that seems interesting enough.

reads first chapter

Oh... oh dear...

... I crave more.

So I just came across this and I must say, this is a great opportunity. As much as I love to write and have written, the only thing I am concerned of is the fact not many would know of what I choose to write of. But I suppose that doesn't necessarily matter seeing as how they're all anonymous entries. I have a number of ideas for this. Oh, and before I forget. Does this encompass any and all types of fiction? (I know, I knoq, stupid question, but as they say no question is stupid). If it does, that is just absolutely great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tastygoldentaters
So I just came across this and I must say, this is a great opportunity. As much as I love to write and have written, the only thing I am concerned of is the fact not many would know of what I choose to write of. But I suppose that doesn't necessarily matter seeing as how they're all anonymous entries. I have a number of ideas for this. Oh, and before I forget. Does this encompass any and all types of fiction? (I know, I knoq, stupid question, but as they say no question is stupid). If it does, that is just absolutely great.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but the short answer is that as long as it fulfills the prompt and follows the contest rules then you can submit any work of fiction. Most people stick to prose style short stories, but we also get some poems and we will accept things in other formats (such as script format) as well.

Spinach, I think they may be asking if the fanfic can be a fanfic of any form of fiction such as a game series etc? Not sure.

Spinach, I think they may be asking if the fanfic can be a fanfic of any form of fiction such as a game series etc? Not sure.
If that's the case, that is also a yes. Fanfic can be made of any existing work of fiction, doesn't matter if it's a book or a game or whatever.

• Love
Precisely. I was actually leaning more to things like science fiction, but thank you for that idea as well.

If that's the case, that is also a yes. Fanfic can be made of any existing work of fiction, doesn't matter if it's a book or a game or whatever.
In that case, I'm in.

Oh, yeah, go for whatever genre you want, haha. Just because most people who enter write stuff in the realm of fantasy doesn't mean other genres aren't welcome. :D

Reactions: Silverstein
Half way done with mine! Hopefully I finish before classes start if I don't it's not gonna happen. I got till Monday o.o

• Bucket of Rainbows
Half way done with mine! Hopefully I finish before classes start if I don't it's not gonna happen. I got till Monday o.o
Best of Luck!

• Thank You
Reactions: KJDarKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.