• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nue
No *drags back in by the tail*

You're going to join all of us and allow your writing to be judged. :bananaman:

What she said.

*goes off to find a dancing banana of his own. Dat the shit.*

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
But it's all good, tweak it a bit if you don't like the past perfect tense version. The challenge is making use of these lines as dialogue, not in maintaining their exact grammatical structure and making it fit in with the rest of your writing. :D

So... how close to the original quote does it have to be in these stories? It sounds like basic grammar edits, if a writer wants, is allowed. But how far does that go, exactly?

For example, could a character say one of the Quotes in a different (real world) language? Is there a such a thing as too much slang? Does a written message from one character to another qualify as "External Dialogue"?

I'm not planning to go crazy, but... you know. Just curious~

Are we allowed to alter or edit the quotes in any way, like add or change some words?

So... how close to the original quote does it have to be in these stories? It sounds like basic grammar edits, if a writer wants, is allowed. But how far does that go, exactly?

For example, could a character say one of the Quotes in a different (real world) language? Is there a such a thing as too much slang? Does a written message from one character to another qualify as "External Dialogue"?

I'm not planning to go crazy, but... you know. Just curious~
Are we allowed to alter or edit the quotes in any way, like add or change some words?
I'm going to say keep it to minor grammar tweaks. Like it has to remain very easily recognizable as one of those offered pieces of dialogue. Tense change, maybe tweaking a contraction from "I'd" to "I had" or just "I" or similar. Minor things, see? Totally removing words or adding words would go against the spirit of the challenge. They CAN be parts of complex sentences though, doesn't have to be said aloud as a sentence by itself.

As for written message, no, that's not spoken dialogue so I don't think we would count that.

Note that this is just my quickie opinion here, haven't checked with Astaroth or Kitti. :P

I got something in the works. 407 words so far and counting. We'll see how well it goes.

So, how's everyone's MISC entries going? ^_^

*is pretty psyched for the 22nd*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
*Facedesk*

Life is fucking me raw. Got to 5k words and couldn't write more

__φヾ( `ー´)シφ__
I really, really, REALLY want to make this month's entry but don't know if I can...
But I'll keep going 'til my fingertips fall off 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。 No surrender! Hopefully. Maybe. Ehhh, don't hold me to anything.

• Love
__φヾ( `ー´)シφ__
I really, really, REALLY want to make this month's entry but don't know if I can...
But I'll keep going 'til my fingertips fall off 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。 No surrender! Hopefully. Maybe. Ehhh, don't hold me to anything.
I believe in you! I will cheer for you until the end!

*jumps up and down with pompoms*

• Love
I believe in you! I will cheer for you until the end!

*jumps up and down with pompoms*

The true encouragement is not the pompoms, it is the clothing worn

• Bucket of Rainbows
The true encouragement is not the pompoms, it is the clothing worn
Siiigh I'm afraid I must truly disappoint you because *is dressed in frumpy black clothes*

TwT If only the pompoms were enough!

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Joan
Siiigh I'm afraid I must truly disappoint you because *is dressed in frumpy back clothes*

TwT If only the pompoms were enough!

It doesn't need to be sexy. Cute works too

• Bucket of Rainbows
Know what's really sexy? Carpal tunnel.

Or whatever you call hands that won't stop jittering. Am I getting close to finished? I'm thinking it's a possible maybe!

• Love

Or whatever you call hands that won't stop jittering. Am I getting close to finished? I'm thinking it's a possible maybe!
Don't hurt yourself too much, Kay?

• Thank You

Maybe no more coffee??

I wasn't sure I was going to make it....I started a story and it got too in depth to keep under 10k words. I started another two days ago....Turned it in.... We shall see haha it needs a lot of work still but oh well.

Best of luck to everyone!