The Minefield Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bastien was about to say something until he was stopped, and taken by surprise, when Lily kissed him. She really rebounded fast didn't see? He would need to be a little weary since the incident with her old lover happened just a day ago.

While the position he was in on the bed was slightly uncomfortable, he could put up with it for Lily. Then he looked up when he heard footsteps and noticed that it was his parents. "She's doing okay, mumbling here and there though."

"At least she isn't crying." His father replied while placing a hand on the hilt of his sword. "If she still was I'd execute those scum myself."

(I can.)

Lily held onto him not letting go. She curl into him face in chest.

"Poor girl. She shouldn't have to go through this" his mother said softly and stroke lily hair. "Were starting the look for her birth mother. That should cheer lily up. Lily doesn't have to see her parents not even when they stand in front of the kingdom I wanna put bags over their heads. How you doing son? You did very good protecting her"

Bastien's father sighed and let of his sword, instead now leaning against a wall. "Hell, I'm tempted to put a bag over theirs heads regardless of what the Parliament says."

Gently squeezing Lily's hand Bastien closed his eyes for a few minutes and simply listened before opening them back up. "Hopefully you find her then." He commented and looked between his mother and father before landing back on his mother. "I'm fine but I'm ashamed for my sudden outburst."

"Don't be ashamed. It should you cared. Lily saw a man who is willing to protect her no matter what and won't let anyone speak of her that way. You did good. Were proud of you son" the queen said softly

"We will find her" she declared. She stood. "I'm gunna make sure they are lock up good" she kiss bastien head. "I'm proud your out son. Your amazing man. I love you" she walk out

To him, it instead showed he was getting closer to his brother's level of bloodthirstiness. But he had only been that way to protect Lily so maybe his mother was correct. So the prince merely nodded with a soft, almost invisible, smile.

Once his mother was gone, the king walked over and touched his son's shoulder. "I'm proud of you my boy. I could never ask for a better heir, you'll make a good king." And with that he also left the room.

Lily woke the next day and look around. She ran her hand through hair sighing cohdknt believe what had happened yesterday. She didn't see bastien and she move her legs and stood. She slowly walk out the room and down the hallway she needed air and had to sit outside in the garden to think.

It was easy but not comfortable for Bastien to fall asleep but it was nice to have something to hold while he slept. But as soon as he felt that weight was now gone his eyes opened and he saw Lily leaving the room. With a soft sigh and moved his own legs and stood up, silently following after her to keep an eye but far enough to be hidden and her to have her personal space.

Lily sat outside in the garden holding her necklace her parents gave her for a present last year. Tears fell she couldn't believe them and what they said.
"What did I do to deserve this? Am I that horrible? I make one mistake and they say those things and bastien he doesn't deserve someone like me. He didn't deserve to be standing there listening it not his fault it mine. He is amazing and sweet and caring do I deserve him?" She spoke to herself softly

Stopping at the entrance to the garden, he rested his back against the wall and sighed softly. Why couldn't that man she had been with before been a good man? Then none of this would have been happening to her. She could have lived a good and happy life instead of this. And Bastien really didn't do much to help since he actually provoked some of it with the way he responded to her parents; and the fact he brutally killed her old lover. Slightly hearing what Lily was saying, he wanted to go and comfort her but right now she needed time to herself.

Lily wipe her eyes and sigh. "I'm glad bastien was there with me. I couldn't of stood there listening to my parents if not for him. I owe him. There must be a way I can show him how much hee mean to me and that in time I will love him. Maybe get a sword with his name on it or a new watch or what should I do" she said to her self thinking out loud how to thank bastien

That hit him like a sword, Bastien really felt like he didn't need to be thanked. It was more like he needed to be blamed and perhaps punished for what happened; Lily could have lived an oblivious, yes, but happy life with her family if he hadn't shown up. Not being able to handle it anymore the prince walked away from the wall and moved to look out a window that was on the opposite side of the hallway. He couldn't listen anymore.

Lily stood and started walking. She held her side walking slowly and turn down the hallway. She saw him and walk up. "Hey you okay?" She ask softly worried

Bastien's head hung low as he thought about everything that had happened and how it could have been different. Then he heard foot steps and a familiar voice so he looked up and put on a smile. "I'm fine, but should you really be walking around in your condition?"

"Probably not. But I needed air and didn't want to wake you" lily took his hand. "Bastien you have to know none of this is your fault. I can see in your eyes you blame yourself but it not. If not for you I wouldn't be here" she led him to a bench and sat down held his hand. "I thought of if I stil had the first man I loved and if we hadn't been arrange to marry how it would turn out and I believe I wouldn't be here. He would of taken my life after getting the money or he would of lock me up had the money drop off somewhere and he would take me far away. He would still be the man who want money. Even if we had been aloud to marry I think he would of been abusive and I would be miserable." She look at him. "You make me happy, you protect me and care for me, your sweet and loving and when I stood in front of you when you were about to fight my father and you didn't because you saw me I know no matter what anyone says your not a monster you could of shove me away but you didn't. You have to believe I see a wonderful man in front of me my fiancé and I want to fall in love with you"

"I see, well, I guess that's okay." Bastien replied though he knew the entire truth, well most of it. There were parts he couldn't hear and didn't want to since it had been wrong to listen in the first place. When she led him to the bench and they both sat down he sighed slightly and just stared at their hands. Though it was easy to tell he was listening even if the prince was not looking her in the eye, Bastien just couldn't right now. But as she talked about thinking what would have happened if he had never come along it struck him; Lily was right. That man would have never changed, he still would have been a self-absorbed money grabber and would have treated the princess like crap or killed her if they did become king and queen. When she began to talk about Bastien himself the prince closed both eyes and rested his head against the side of hers with a sigh. "But how long until this wonderful man is swallowed up by the darkness in this world?" He asked.

Lily stroke his hair gently. "It will never happen. If it were it would of happened today when you stood in front of my father you stopped because you knew it wasn't right." She lift his chin to look in her eyes "I hear of your brother and what happened or what people say happened and it won't happen to you. Your actions today prove your not like him. If it were him he would of killed them but you stopped because you saw me and how it make me feel. Yes there horrible but they don't deserve to get off that easy. Bastien your a wonderful man and fiancé who else would give me a chance after what I did?" She said softly smile "plus your handsome to so it a bonus" she tease to make him laugh

Bastien just sat there, enjoying the sensation of Lily's fingers moving through his hair. She might have said that but as he recalled he did some damage on her father before stopping himself. And it was quite enjoyable to see one so high and mighty be like an insect under his boot. Then when she moved his head so their eyes would meet and began to speak of his brother, Bastien's jaw clenched slightly. He really had hoped people would have forgotten about his family's disgrace and traitor; the young man who had killed a noble during a talk of peace simply for the hell of it. But she was right, now many men would give her a chance after being a commoner. "I guess." He chuckled softly.

Lily caress his cheek gently. "Your amazing. Ask anyone here they will agree even at my castle" she smile softly "you look like you need rest. Come you should lay in bed@ she stood held her hand out

Leaning into her hand, he smiled softly and chuckled again. Everyone just had too high of an opinion about him and hopefully Bastien wouldn't let them down. "..." Rest was the last thing he wanted, "Alright." But he took ahold of Lily's hand anyway and stood up as well.

Lily led him to bed. She had him lay down and put his head on her lap. She stroke his hair genty and face looking down at him. "Rest for a bit. I know last night wasn't easy sleeping next to me on that bed. I'm truly sorry you could of left to your bed" she said feeling bad

Status
Not open for further replies.