The Minefield Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You, a disappointment? How so?" Bastien questioned her with a curious look. He didn't see how marry her would be a disappointment or anything negative in his mind. "It's alright, you really don't need to apologize."

"Cause of my bad choice and falling for a guy like that. Plus running away" lily said softly and look at him. "Can we start over? Hi I'm lily" she smile held her hand out

"Eh, we all make mistakes, that's what makes us human." Bastien remarked with a light smiled. Then the prince chuckled softly and took ahold of her hand. "Hello, I'm Bastien."

"Hi bastien. I like horses walks and not sitting around" lily smile and giggle

Bastien chuckled softly and then poked her nose. "Sorry about that, Lily, but you'll be sitting for a while."

"Awe I got one good leg. I can hobble or hop" lily grin to make him laugh

"Is that right?" Bastien laughed and leaned back in his seat. "And how far do you think you could get on only one leg?"

"To the door then the floor cause I'll be tired" lily smile being funny

"That wouldn't be good now would it? You might hurt yourself even more." Bastien replied.

"No. But I hate being stuck in one place. I guess it won't be as bad if your here to chat with me" lily smile softly and showed him her drawing of a orphanage. "What you think?"

Well, he could sympathize with that, remaining in one spot for more than a few days didn't seem appealing to him either. "It's really good." He replied with a smile while looking at her drawing.

"I wanna build a orphanage for the kids who have no home. I just have to get the drawing done then look at where it will be built then get people to build it" lily sigh. "The problem is money to pay people to build it they won't do it for free and people won't want to pay people to build it and we don't have the money. It one of the reasons for us marrying for money"

Bastien curiously listened to Lily, genially interested in what she was saying and what she wanted to do in the future. "Wow...you really are something." He cheerfully grinned but then gave her a curious look. That was why the wedding had been arranged, so they could get funds; not surprisingly. "Oh, how much will it cost?"

Lily smile and look at another paper. "Uh I'm not sure I haven't gotten that far" she look at him place her hand on his. "I didn't mean our marriage is to get money it's mostly to strengthen our two kingdoms. It just I'm sure my father told yours were in debt and can barely pay to make sure our people are fed and my father spoke to yours and you guys have crops and shipping problems or something like that and that if we marry it all even out. I'm not doing it for money i want us to work to save my people and yours. I just wanna help everyone is all" she said softly

Bastien nodded, not bothered that she didn't know for sure then glanced down at her hand. As she began to speak he turned his attention back to her face and listened, nodding his head here and there to show he was actually listening. "He probably did but my father didn't share any specifics with me about this marriage except for who I'll be marrying." He replied, turning his hand to gently cup her fingers. Lifting them to his lips he kissed the back of her hand with a cheerful grin. "You really are something else, I couldn't be luckier to marry a kind hearted woman who cares for her people."

Lily blush smiling at him. "Really? Well your a caring protective sweet man. I'm hoping we do marry" she smile softly

Now that caused him to blush, never had he heard someone say that about him. "Heh. Thanks." He replied a bit nervously but smiled. "So do I."

Lily smile softly and yawn. She was tired but wanted to finish the drawing and keep talking with him. "I know a good place to get food in the village that I think we should go to. When I'm better" she smile

Bastien watched her, the procedure and medicine must have been making her drowsy. "That sounds good to me." He smiled and nodded his head. "It's a date but before we can do that you need to rest in order to get better faster."

Lily nodded and smile. "Okay. Promise to be here when I wak" she dose off and was asleep instantly.

Her parents walked in and her mother whisper "how she doing?" She smile at bastien.

Status
Not open for further replies.