The Minefield Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dunno, I'd say it's up to you and your mother." Bastien remarked while throwing the bloody rag away. "Pure, I'm not exactly the purest prince around." Moving he sat at another chair to face her. "God knows how many lives I've taken without batting an eye."

"It's up to you to. You have a say." Lily said softly and look at him. "I mean pure like being with another" she didn't want to explain she was force and she didn't like talking of it since she was emotional and dealing with being beaten up by a man she thought she loved.

"I guess but not as much as you or your family." He wasn't sure how anything would play out after this dilemma. "Oh, that pure. I'm not pure in that sense either." Bastien shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, so she had been with another man, big deal. "We're human, we make mistakes."

"Do you want to be with me? Do you want us to get married? You decide" lily said soflry and wonder how many women he has been with and will he continue after they are together? She thought the rumors were false of him being with others.

Those were some questions he really didn't have the answers for at this moment, so much had happened in just a little time span. "Can I have some time to think, I also want to consider your feelings as well." Bastien really didn't want to make a large decision that would affect both their lives without thinking about how she'd fare and feel.

Lily nods. "Yeah let's think on it. Maybe for now we can get to know each other as friends? I know a nice spot by the lake we can and hangout sometimes if you wanna? Or we can hangout in the garden for now until I'm able to move around on my own" she whisper softly to him fighting her sleep not wanting to see the nightmares.

Bastien inwardly sighed with relief seeing she would give him time to think. With what just happen had changed a few things. "Sure." He replied when she asked about knowing one another as friends and smiled. Honestly eh thought she would hate or blame him for this. "Possibly, but you're not leaving this bed for quite a while."

Lily nodded slowly obeying. "When can I go to the garden?" She whisper and her eyes closed and she fell asleep her head facing him and her hair fell in front of her face.

Just as he was about to answer she had already fallen asleep. Chuckling softly he got up and then walked over to her sleeping frame, "Hopefully soon." gently moving the hair away from her face he leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Rest for now." With that he walked out of the room to put on a clean pair of clothes.

Lily woke a few hours later and a maid help her sit up. She relaxed on the bed looking at her drawings of a orphanage she want to have built for children who have no home. She took her pencil in her hand and was sketching only seeing out of one eye, a ice pack on her other eye to help the swelling go down. She hum softly as she sketched.

"So sleeping beauty is finally awake?" As a voice as the prince walked in the room wearing a black suit and white tie. "I was wondering when you would." Walking over to a nearby chair he sat down and rest his right foot on his left knee. "How are you feeling, Lily?" Despite his attempt at being cheerful his tone was full of concern and worry.

Lily look at him and smile weakly. "Yeah guess I'm more tired than normal. I'm fine it get better every hour and the medicine help." She look at her drawing a tear fell. "I'm just scared I won't be able to see out of my eye or finish this drawing cause it hard to draw with seeing out of one eye" she look at in his suit "why you dress up for a funeral?" She tilt her head confused

"You certainly seem better." He commented and nodded his head in agreement. Then with a slight frown he got up from his chair and walked over, bending down on his knees so they could slightly be face level despite their height difference. "Hey...I'm sure your eye will heal and you'll be able to see out of it." Bastien gingerly wiped away her tear with his thumb. "This was the only thing your father had that was my size."

Lily nods and smile softly at his touch. "I hope so" she whisper and giggle hearing his father gave him the outfit. "Did you not bring your own clothes? If you want you can go into town and buy some clothes for while your here. How long you here for?" She ask softly wonder how long he will stay with her

"I didn't, they should arrive here in a few weeks." Bastien had wanted to meet everyone in the castle first and see how everything went before receiving his supplies. "I might buy some though to last me until then." He added before thinking about her last question. "I'll be here for about seven months."

"What happens after seven months?" Lily look at him set her book of drawings down and look at him wonder if he go home and if they decide by then to not marry then they never see each other. She wanted him to stay longer.

"Our parents decide if the wedding will be beneficial or not." Bastien responded while withdrawing their hands. "If they decide to go through I'll live here and if not I'll go back home." It was standard procedure for arranged marriages like this.

"Why do I get the feeling they will say no just because of what I did?" Lily look at the window. "I know there upset I hid this from them and because of it knowing father he will not want me to marry until I can prove I care for the country and not myself and what I want. I do care but I want love to and I thought the rule would if been lifted and I didn't know he faked it for money" she whisper

"They'll likely that that into account, that I can agree one. But they won't say no just because of that, we have seven months to see what happens." Bastien stated and folded both arms across his chest. "Heck, your father might even keep me here and make our marriage punishment for hiding that from him." The prince then offered, he wasn't sure if it was possible or not but it was something to think about. "You were following you heart, the ones at fault are the laws and that man."

Lily look at him. "If marrying you is my punishment then it yours to being stuck with me a disappointment. He can't do that. I'm truly sorry for all of this. I wanna make it up to you and get to know you" she smile softly

Status
Not open for further replies.