Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief's shields dropped to 95% upon being hit. It was a primitive kitchen tool, and wasn't much a threat. The blade would be caught and broken against the titanium nanocomposite suit of his armor. Upon feeling the impact John snapped with blinding speed, bashing the brain of the bandit as he heard the bloody, juiced spat.

Then removed the knife and hurtled it into the gun weilding ravager's diaphragm.

The AK-47 wielding Ravager was struck by a bullet before the knife made contact.

"Got him." Kiritsugu said pulling back the bolt on the rifle. "Soap, cover me." Kiritsugu said.

"Already on it, sir." Mactavish said. He begin firing the submachine gun into the horde.

While a bunch of Ravagers were falling due to various attacks, the banging on the kitchen door continued. Soon, the door was bust open, and several more came out wearing football gear, and riot armor, all patched together to form a makeshift armor. They carried various weapons, and some even had hockey sticks and brooms with knives taped to them.

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @The Tactician @Bomb @Anybody else involved in this battle.

The AK-47 wielding Ravager was struck by a bullet before the knife made contact.

"Got him." Kiritsugu said pulling back the bolt on the rifle. "Soap, cover me." Kiritsugu said.

"Already on it, sir." Mactavish said. He begin firing the submachine gun into the horde.

While a bunch of Ravagers were falling due to various attacks, the banging on the kitchen door continued. Soon, the door was bust open, and several more came out wearing football gear, and riot armor, all patched together to form a makeshift armor. They carried various weapons, and some even had hockey sticks and brooms with knives taped to them.

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @The Tactician @Bomb @Anybody else involved in this battle.

"Optic Barrel!"

Noel pointed her guns at one of the Ravagers and an explosion appeared where he was.

@The Silver Paladin @Verite @Jeremi @The Tactician @Bomb

Mom smiled and reached into her jacket to pull out her favorite flask. She held it out to House, even though they were across from the room from each other at this point. She leaned forward a bit and held it with the tip of her fingers, as it was some toy she was holding over a dog or child.

kruz3zZ.png

"Hmm... sorry," she said, leaning back and putting the flask away. "I'm fresh out, dear." Her attention fell upon Riley as the girl seemed to become disquieted with her behavior. It reminded Mom of Rose a bit too much.

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

"How many is there?!?"

"Pew pew pew!"

Xenon continued slicing up the Ravagers with his Whip Blade while Angelic Buster keeps shooting out concentrated energy against them.

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin

"How many is there?!?"

"Pew pew pew!"

Xenon continued slicing up the Ravagers with his Whip Blade while Angelic Buster keeps shooting out concentrated energy against them.

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin

"Optic Barrel!"

Noel pointed her guns at one of the Ravagers and an explosion appeared where he was.

@The Silver Paladin @Verite @Jeremi @The Tactician @Bomb

An explosion ravaged the group of armored ones. Soap fired his Submachine gun once again. "Shite. I'm out of ammo." He picked up a pistol that was laying on the table. He was rattled by the explosion. "Were you expecting backup?" He asked Both Shizuo and Kiritsugu. "Because that was unexpected."

"We rule this area. CEDA isn't doing shit! No one is! They're giving us free reign, yet you all are so bounded by morals. Fuckers like you lot are what caused this in the first place." One of the Ravagers said, before he was hit by another shot by Kiritsugu. The armored crew began making a formation.

"CHARGE!" One shouted.

"Kiritsugu, prepare for a charge." Soap shouted.

"I am, don't worry." Kiritsugu lit another cigarette, and cocked his pistol.

adc19dd40525cfe50e36dfa8493068671362465325_full.jpg

He fired, killing the leader of the charge. "Just like eliminating a target." He said. The group split, and went into all directions. This was a last ditch attempt, because the Ravagers were down to their last.

@Verite @The Tactician @Jeremi @SPARTAN Bennett

You all exit the trailer, and see a group of infected assaulting the diner. They let out ungodly screams.

Xenon and Angelic Buster come from the road next to the diner, and see the same thing.

@Jeremi @Kaykay
An explosion ravaged the group of armored ones. Soap fired his Submachine gun once again. "Shite. I'm out of ammo." He picked up a pistol that was laying on the table. He was rattled by the explosion. "Were you expecting backup?" He asked Both Shizuo and Kiritsugu. "Because that was unexpected."

"We rule this area. CEDA isn't doing shit! No one is! They're giving us free reign, yet you all are so bounded by morals. Fuckers like you lot are what caused this in the first place." One of the Ravagers said, before he was hit by another shot by Kiritsugu. The armored crew began making a formation.

"CHARGE!" One shouted.

He fired, killing the leader of the charge. "Just like eliminating a target." He said. The group split, and went into all directions. This was a last ditch attempt, because the Ravagers were down to their last.

Joseph was just sorta there gunning down any enemies with his gun.

Woo.

Don't mind him.

Ppp9i5l.gif

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician @Bomb @Jeremi @Kaykay @SPARTAN Bennett

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Minerva
Penny would have a look of confusion and horror on her face as she watched Jojo gun down the enemies. "Umm...Jojo...I think they're running away so gunning them down isn't really necessary...

Right?"

"We can't know for sure unless they're gone! They might try to ambush us later!"

Or maybe it really was overkill. Who knows.

Either way, he eventually stopped, whether it was because he had run out of ammo in the magazine or because he just felt like it.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @Bomb @The Tactician @SPARTAN Bennett

• Thank You
Reactions: Jeremi
"We can't know for sure unless they're gone! They might try to ambush us later!"

Or maybe it really was overkill. Who knows.

Either way, he eventually stopped, whether it was because he had run out of ammo in the magazine or because he just felt like it.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @Bomb @The Tactician @SPARTAN Bennett

They didn't stop charging, but they did stop charging Joseph. Several of them take armor from their fallen comrades. The horde begins to rush the groups, but quickly fall to the gunfire, and weapons of everyone. Several flee from combat. Finally, a lone one stands there, wearing a torn "Metallica" T-shirt. He's no older than 17, and he has taken a few wounds to the shoulder. "Y-you f-fucking bastards! Y-you killed my friends!" The boy collapsed, and succumbed to his wounds.

"Look what's in here." Soap shouts. "They've been hoarding supplies." He opens the Walk-in freezer. "This explains quite a bit."

Inside the Freezer, are Body Bags marked CEDA.

libya-bodybags.jpeg

Delightful...

A weapons cache sits on the counter, some food, as well as several boxes of medical supplies, and several sleeping bags.

"They've been using this place as a base. It was right under us The whole time." Soap said. "We now have the resources to stay here a bit longer. Feel free to rest up a bit."

The two men began gathering supplies from the supply closet, and began moving it into the kitchen. "Thanks for the help." Kiritsugu said.

"CHARGE!" One shouted.

Upon the last adversary hitting ground, Chief snapped his weapon to the magnetic sling on his back. Looking around he saw countless bodies clad in makeshift equipment from dated items. How could they survive for as long as they did, let alone at all with such disorganization? Savagery and insanity seemed to be the best answer.

He stepped inside the diner, scanning the damaged parts and barricades. Seconds in he already found over a hundred exploits for the hold. The walls were wood and wouldn't survive a firefight, letting them get pinned down inside; or how an enemy with enough force, or explosives could blow open a new entry point; the barricades are bound to wither over time and fire, the list goes on.

The towering soldier watched the two military men, recognizing their weapons and attitude. It reminded him of the ODST's from his world and how they were always on point. Sharp skills and even sharper minds to back up their training. Addressed by the older one, Price, he spoke for the first time being there.

"Something like that," he uttered, "From the way you fight, you were with the S.A.S. Safe to assume, you were called to something more exclusive; your Task Force 141?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"I don't need experience with combat to have experience with death. And I have enough experience with people to recognize an idiot when I see one. Don't condescend to me. Arrogance has to be earned..." His gaze was angry. Piercing. Annoyed. "...And, until you earn it, don't act like some leader with the right to treat others like fools or pawns." How bad did it have to be for House to call someone out on condesension? Probably pretty bad.

@Thuro Pendragon
@Hospes
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Atomyk

Desmond didn't snap back or even appear to get angry. Instead he... smiled? Wait what? House wouldn't realize it, but he had hit it on the head. He'd never been a leader, not like the older men of his Order, always smoothing over the mistakes that his brashness had caused.
But instead of describing his entire life story to the old man, instead he simply clasped him on the shoulder, a good bit harder than was necessary, and looked at him with a knowing look because Thuro is a loser that can't find any translations for Kanien'kehá:ka.
Riley put her head in a hand, squeezing her wolf plushie in the other hand. She was even more unsettled when House said they might be the only good guys left. She wiped a couple tears out of her eyes. The preteen didn't want to believe it! She couldn't! And to make matters worse, she didn't know what these "Ravengers" were that the strange woman talked about. She really wished she understood what was going on...

Then there was the strange giggly woman. Why was she laughing? Was there anything funny about a situation where people were infected and police officers were missing? Riley frowned, disapproving of her and her drinking. Sometimes, her parents drank at parties or celebrations, so Riley figured that was the appropriate time to drink. Right now, most definitely wasn't the right time to drink. And House was asking for something to drink too? What was wrong with these people?!

Riley turned away from them, shoulders slumped and eyes narrowed. Her stomach growled a moment afterwards. She was tired, uncomfortable, cold, and hungry. When would she get to go home? The fact she had missed her field trip was no longer important. She just wanted to see her parents. That's all she wanted.

Her bloodshot, blue eyes glanced to the door as she considered leaving this group. She didn't want any of these people to think they had to be responsible for her. After all, most of them didn't seem all that responsible anyhow. She would almost be better off alone.

@Hospes @Atomyk @Thuro Pendragon @BarrenThin @york

Desmond released House and knelt down in front of Riley. He knew how he looked, what a fearsome sight he could be in his gear and his robes. So short of entirely stowing his gear away which he never did anymore, choosing instead to sleep in it rather than be unarmed, he lowered his hood, revealing a traditional Assassin ponytail sitting behind a clean shaven face that was more beaten down and scarred than it had any right to be. Despite all of the abuse written on it his face still retained a slight air of boyishness that had always puzzled people upon learning that Desmond was a Mentor and not a student.

He smiled again, this time not out of any mirth or mockery as he had with House but an attempt to sooth a child's broken nerves. It wasn't easy. He'd almost forgotten how to do anything but kill, but maybe in this time he could learn.

"Riley." His voice had dropped an octave or two, a subconscious habit picked up from Mentors past. "I understand. It wasn't so long ago when I was a child, caught up in a war between two factions over something none of us understood. But just like me, you can escape..."

Only deeper into the war if you were like him.

"...we're going to get you home."

Unless you needed to be sacrificed to prevent the war.

"I promise."

To do whatever I have to stop the end.

I'm sorry.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@BarrenThin
@Atomyk

The Spartan took aim and bullets fly pass him, boosting his way over towards two ravagers and grasping their throats. A slight sqeeze and he snapped their necks.

He thrusts again towards one bearing a machete, and snatched it from his grasp before sending him flying thirty meters with an open palm strike. John lept into a mass of the remaining group, slashing with the reaction speed of lightning he dismembered and mutilated them in a count of three seconds.
They've already retreated.

Soap notices you. "You a military man?" He asks putting a pot of coffee on in the kitchen stove. "If so, what group? I was Special Air Services, and then I was a group called Task Force 141."

Kiritsugu pulled out a map. "We could run a mission to the hospital, see if there are any survivors there." He says lighting another cigarette. Kiritsugu unfolded the map on the table. "Thanks for the help." He said gruffly.

@Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Kaykay @Jeremi @Anybody else

They didn't stop charging, but they did stop charging Joseph. Several of them take armor from their fallen comrades. The horde begins to rush the groups, but quickly fall to the gunfire, and weapons of everyone. Several flee from combat. Finally, a lone one stands there, wearing a torn "Metallica" T-shirt. He's no older than 17, and he has taken a few wounds to the shoulder. "Y-you f-fucking bastards! Y-you killed my friends!" The boy collapsed, and succumbed to his wounds.

"Look what's in here." Soap shouts. "They've been hoarding supplies." He opens the Walk-in freezer. "This explains quite a bit."

libya-bodybags.jpeg

Delightful...

A weapons cache sits on the counter, some food, as well as several boxes of medical supplies, and several sleeping bags.

"They've been using this place as a base. It was right under us The whole time." Soap said. "We now have the resources to stay here a bit longer. Feel free to rest up a bit."

The two men began gathering supplies from the supply closet, and began moving it into the kitchen. "Thanks for the help." Kiritsugu said.

Soap notices you. "You a military man?" He asks putting a pot of coffee on in the kitchen stove. "If so, what group? I was Special Air Services, and then I was a group called Task Force 141."

Kiritsugu pulled out a map. "We could run a mission to the hospital, see if there are any survivors there." He says lighting another cigarette. Kiritsugu unfolded the map on the table. "Thanks for the help." He said gruffly.

"Eeehh... the hospital, eh?" Joseph muttered, picking his ear with his little finger, "Sounds like hard work to me! And "hard" and "work" are my two least favorite words ever! But it can't be helped," he said, shrugging his shoulders rather highly, "Even I dunno what else to do, so if that's the case, let's goooo!"

Without even waiting for the others, JoJo began to make his way over to the hospital.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Jeremi @Bomb @The Tactician

libya-bodybags.jpeg

Delightful...

With a sigh of relief, Noel slumped against a wall.

"Thank god..."

After closing her eyes for a little while, she looked around the room. Supplies everywhere. How convenient.

"Hospital?" She was a bit tired, but to go help possible survivors, it was worth the trip. She stood up.

"Um, if it's okay, I'd like to come along too..."

@The Silver Paladin @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Jeremi

"Eeehh... the hospital, eh?" Joseph muttered, picking his ear with his little finger, "Sounds like hard work to me! And "hard" and "work" are my two least favorite words ever! But it can't be helped," he said, shrugging his shoulders rather highly, "Even I dunno what else to do, so if that's the case, let's goooo!"

Without even waiting for the others, JoJo began to make his way over to the hospital.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Jeremi @Bomb @The Tactician

"Wait! I want to help too!" Penny shouted to Jojo before heading after him towards the hospital.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician

"Wait! I want to help too!" Penny shouted to Jojo before heading after him towards the hospital.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician
There was a zombie there quietly listening to the others talk since they seemed to be very good at this science thing, but she did give a bright wave to the new wave of people as more of them started to congregate at the hospital

This was great! So many people and none of them had tried to shoot her or blow her up or anything for being a zombie =D

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @the ever growing hospital group

r3RB2hR.png

When Desmond addressed her, Riley really wasn't sure what to think. So many people kept telling her that they'd find a way to get her home, but nobody seemed to know when or how. "Are you really sure about that? Nobody here really seems all that responsible," she mumbled, glancing between Mom, House, and the woman who had been trapped in the jail cell before. "Or reliable," she added, frowning. Did this bunch really know what they were doing? They looked like a bunch of misfits forced to be around each other in Riley's opinion.

[fieldbox="Riley's Mind, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
de130282a44423b12546b20b26d8dacf.png

Mood Meter: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Prognosis: Ugh

Joy had similar opinions of the situation as Riley did. The fact she was making a face that looked more like something Disgust would make was proof of that.

62974771149b65a0b7f09f541db9d8ca.png

"Riley's right. At this rate, we're doomed..."

51aa5c501890f99b064152cb2151f4da.png

Disgust nodded. "Ugh, these people are all so annoying." She messed with the controls of Riley's mind frustratedly, and Joy didn't even stop her.
[/fieldbox]

@york @Hospes @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

There was a zombie there quietly listening to the others talk since they seemed to be very good at this science thing, but she did give a bright wave to the new wave of people as more of them started to congregate at the hospital

This was great! So many people and none of them had tried to shoot her or blow her up or anything for being a zombie =D

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @the ever growing hospital group

"Oh hi!" Penny noticed Squigly tagging along and would give her a wave. "I love your hair!"

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Oh hi!" Penny noticed Squigly tagging along and would give her a wave. "I love your hair!"

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Kiritsugu and Soap begin packing things up. "We'll see you there." They said. "Hopefully."

On your way to the hospital, you hear more shouting. "Hey, bastards! You better run! You all have done it now!"

If you turned around, you would notice a bunch of surprisingly well dressed Ravagers wearing armor, and carrying powerful weapons.

Valkyria.Chronicles.3.full.1116878.jpg

"They killed our friends! Let's kill them! An eye for an eye!" The Ravagers raised their weapons. Shouts rallied behind the person who appeared to be leader. The group appeared better prepared, and more organized than the last one.

Soon after, several vehicles came rolling behind the troops, including a tank, and some Armored Personnel Carriers:

valkyria-chronicles-edelweiss-tank.jpg

original.jpg

Several more Ravagers, wearing blue armor, took up positions on the roofs of nearby buildings. The commander in the tank stood up.

latest

"On my mark, everyone fire at once! Drive them out of here!" The commander, no older than 18 shouted. It seemed these Ravagers had somehow raided an armory or something. "They've been a menace to us enough, and have slaughtered many of our allies! They must fall here! Ready at my mark!"

The soldiers prepared to fire their weapons. The sound of chambers loading, and weapons getting loaded echoed through the empty streets. They would fire if you didn't get to shelter soon. Most of the Buildings seemed to be boarded up and abandoned, except for Mr Gold's Pawn Shop, which despite having this warning on it:

latest

Seemed pretty safe. It looked like the lock had also been broken recently, so there's that as well.

@Kaykay @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @SPARTAN Bennett

Kiritsugu and Soap begin packing things up. "We'll see you there." They said. "Hopefully."

On your way to the hospital, you hear more shouting. "Hey, bastards! You better run! You all have done it now!"

If you turned around, you would notice a bunch of surprisingly well dressed Ravagers wearing armor, and carrying powerful weapons.

Valkyria.Chronicles.3.full.1116878.jpg

"They killed our friends! Let's kill them! An eye for an eye!" The Ravagers raised their weapons. Shouts rallied behind the person who appeared to be leader. The group appeared better prepared, and more organized than the last one.

Soon after, several vehicles came rolling behind the troops, including a tank, and some Armored Personnel Carriers:

valkyria-chronicles-edelweiss-tank.jpg

original.jpg

Several more Ravagers, wearing blue armor, took up positions on the roofs of nearby buildings. The commander in the tank stood up.

latest

"On my mark, everyone fire at once! Drive them out of here!" The commander, no older than 18 shouted. It seemed these Ravagers had somehow raided an armory or something. "They've been a menace to us enough, and have slaughtered many of our allies! They must fall here! Ready at my mark!"

The soldiers prepared to fire their weapons. The sound of chambers loading, and weapons getting loaded echoed through the empty streets. They would fire if you didn't get to shelter soon. Most of the Buildings seemed to be boarded up and abandoned, except for Mr Gold's Pawn Shop, which despite having this warning on it:

latest

Seemed pretty safe. It looked like the lock had also been broken recently, so there's that as well.

@Kaykay @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @SPARTAN Bennett
Despite the lock being broken, the T-800 slammed his fist into the door, almost taking it off of its hinges as he entered it.
'Move quickly. We must not give the soldiers a chance to retaliate.'
As John ducked under his arm and into the shop, the T-800 continued to scan the soldiers, just in case one of them started to fire. He span his own shotgun in his hand as a warning. 'Hold your fire, or I will take retaliatory action!''
@Kaykay @Verite @Bomb @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @SPARTAN Bennett @The Silver Paladin

Reactions: Minerva
Status
Not open for further replies.