Status
Not open for further replies.
She ran a delicate finger over the words as she read them, finding them a bit confusing at first. It didn't take her long to determine that this journal didn't speak of some kind of movie or the author's personal imagination. Considering the sorry state of the world outside and the unknown affliction of the people within the vicinity, this provided a possible explanation for it all. Well, not all of it, but it seemed likely some alternate history was at work for this version of Earth. Mom had wondered if they had possibly ended up in a location similar to Dubai, but she just couldn't be sure now.

"I don't know what WICKED is, but I imagine Umbrella would have some competition." She sighed, unable to reason any logic to the naming of the virus. Moving on, she flipped to the next page.

@Hospes

Entry Two

Something isn't right. Not at all. The virus.. Wasn't supposed to spread like this. We didn't predict this. It wasn't the plan. The infected are lasting longer than they should've, are spreading out and infecting others.. But surely there's a way to stop it. The matter has already been discussed. In any case, some civilians Killzones seem immune to the Flare. Now all we'll have to do is find them, and run some tests. Study them. See what it is that keeps the virus from affecting them. We'll just have to hurry... The fate of the world depends on us.

@Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher

Cameron had been analyzing the group, measuring speech patterns, nervous tics, and body temperatures. There was something odd about the girl that was talking to the child. Cameron's scanners kept malfunctioning and forcing a reset whenever she trained them directly on her. Instead she simply listened to her speech, and compared that against the baselines in her database. There was an 84% chance that she was lying through her teeth, as John would say.
Still though. There was no need to call her out on it. Her honesty to the others wasn't what the mission needed.
The mission. She could possibly finish it on her own, but having the others as a shield would increase her chances of success. That meant befriending them. Something she wasn't equipped to do right now. So instead she was going to use what she'd be outfitted with to kill John Connor, and then to protect him.

>Infiltration Mode Activated/
Pending Action...

Her face suddenly lightened up, as if emotion that had been held back was now set free. She approached Shizuo and House, and sat beside them, smiling sweetly. Just a cute girl sitting to rest near them.

"Hi. Sorry if I was brusque before. Just a little panicked from this whole thing. Mind if we travel together?"

Then going on before either of them had a chance to continue, she forged past them verbally, asking

tumblr_m8wj6c64qy1qziai1o1_500.gif

Yeah. Her interaction module probably needs an overhaul :|

@Hospes
@BarrenThin
@The Tactician
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

House rather openly looked her up and down. "... Well, I'm not one to turn down the company of a pretty girl."

@The Tactician
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@CCC Kouhai
@Hospes
@Thuro Pendragon

The stairs held up- though they creaked with every step -well enough for the group to make it down. The moaning seemed to get louder, while the scurrying quieted down. It was pitch black, so it was a bit difficult to find where you were going...

Try to explore, or turn back?

The Poochyena let Angelic Buster and Marie pet it quite willingly. But the howling had yet to cease.

@york @Kaykay @Bomb @Verite
Creepy. Noel thought about turning back...
"Blah! Who knows, who cares?!" Joseph exclaimed, shoving the Poochyena into Buster's arms, "You take the damned thing. If you like it so much, why dontcha marry it?!"

Real mature. Out of nowhere too.

In any case, presumably leading the rest of the group, Joseph would go ahead and continue exploring, seeing if he and the others would be able to find anything of any use around here.

@Kaykay @york @Hospes @Bomb
"Hey! Don't treat him like that!"

Noel seemed to forget about the noises for a little bit as JoJo just shoved the Poochyena at Angelic Buster, following him in exploration.

@Hospes @Verite @Bomb @york

"Blah! Who knows, who cares?!" Joseph exclaimed, shoving the Poochyena into Buster's arms, "You take the damned thing. If you like it so much, why dontcha marry it?!"

In any case, presumably leading the rest of the group, Joseph would go ahead and continue exploring, seeing if he and the others would be able to find anything of any use around here.

"Hey!"

Oh well, least Angelic Buster got a puppy to cuddle.

@Kaykay @york @Hospes @Verite

"Oh, I get it," Riley replied, her eyes widening with realization when Ridley explained that the puppy wasn't just any ordinary pup. "It looks just like the one I was going to see at the zoo. I learned about it in class. Did I tell you I was supposed to go to the zoo today?" She sighed. "I guess that won't happen now." It wasn't as if it could be helped though. Being trapped in this place was entirely not Riley's fault at all. Maybe when she made it back home, her parents would take her there a different day.

Riley finally took the plushie after a minute, looking it over with a small smile on her face. "You know, my parents won't let me get a dog. Maybe I should ask them if I could get a wolf instead?" she questioned, perking up enough to joke a little. "Or maybe I should try for another kind of pet? My dad likes monkeys. But having my dad is already kind of like having a gorilla around so it probably wouldn't be much of a change," she said with a chuckle. Although she was teasing about her dad, Riley spoke of him in a fond manner. The girl absolutely loved her parents.

"Um, but, anyways, thank you for making this," the preteen told Ridley, finally hugging the plush. "I'll take good care of it." She rubbed the back of her head, glancing away for a moment. "Sorry for being so sad before. It's just... I really like my life when it stays the same. Change kinda bugs me, especially when it's change like this. I mean, I didn't even really like it when my family had to move, and getting lost is way worse than moving..."

[fieldbox="Riley's Mind, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
de130282a44423b12546b20b26d8dacf.png

Mood Meter: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Prognosis: Calm / Uncomfortable

Joy watched closely, grateful when Riley seemed to perk up, if even just a little bit. "There you go, Riley, that's better," she said, carefully watching the monitor.

"Well, now what?" Fear asked, approaching Joy. "Since Riley is calmed down, is there anything we should be doing right about now? Like, anything to help get us back home?"

Joy shook her head. "There still isn't much we can do at this point. Let's just keep hanging in there and watching. Riley is too young to try and get out of this situation herself. We'll wait for the time being and see what the adults decide to do," she decided.
[/fieldbox]

@The Tactician @Hospes @BarrenThin @Anybody in group #1​

Ridley nodded with false interest. "Ahh.. Cool, Kiddo. You like wolves?" she asked, tilting her head. She could care less what Riley did or didn't like, as well as about what she was going to or not going to do. As for Riley's comment about going to thee zoo.. Rid just patted her on the head, reassuringly. "Don't be so sure, kid. You never know. Even if you don't get to go today.. I'm sure your family would gladly take you as soon as your home. Maybe you'll even get some welcome home gifts." Or, if you're like me, the second you come 'home'.. They'll be prepared to attack you, if they don't just kick you out immediately.

Ridley was glad that the child took the plushie, because she wanted nothing to do with it, if she was perfectly honest. But, when dealing with Ridley, the thing was... Her lies were truths. That's how believable they were. She'd been lying for so long, that she was the opposite of the average person. Her truths seemed like they were lies, and vice versa.

Which.. Was probably a good thing.

"Heh, well.. Pets aren't all that," she shrugged. Then again.. This was coming from someone who'd been thoroughly spited by her 'family'(that she didn't even belong to anymore, after being completely disowned)'s pet. Once she got out of this place, she fully intended to hightail it out of there... And get her revenge. On Elliot, on her family.. And, in the very end... Herself. "Yeah, well, your dad sounds like a fun guy. Does he like to monkey around?" ....Dear Lord. Ridley hated puns. She felt physical pain when she said that line.

Despicable.

Well.. At least the Mortal child had calmed down. At least Ridley's suffering from being nice and helpful hadn't gone to waste. "Not a problem, Kid. And I'm glad." She winked at the girl in a friendly manner. "And don't worry about it. Everyone gets sad sometimes." Except for me. Sadness is for the weak. "Just keep in mind that you'll get home. You've got a lot of friends looking out for you." She gestured to Shizuo and House. Even Riri.

If that didn't work... Ridley might've had to shoot herself. Trying to be nice was a massive pain.

@The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon

"Maybe it's hungry? What do they eat?" Angelic Buster asked the rest of the group.

@york @Kaykay @Hospes @Verite

Noel seemed to forget about the noises for a little bit as JoJo just shoved the Poochyena at Angelic Buster, following him in exploration.

"Hey!"

poochyena_by_kanbhik-d4qugl8.png

The Poochyena yelped a little when it was shoved out of JoJo's arms, but didn't make further protest. It seemed it's vocal chords had finally worn out from the howling.. And it looked exhausted.

As the group carried on, the moaning kept getting louder. Something was bound to leap out of the shadows at them at any second...

..But, wait... There was an odd, dim red glow on what was probably the wall. What could that be?

@Kaykay @Verite @york @Bomb

The Poochyena yelped a little when it was shoved out of JoJo's arms, but didn't make further protest. It seemed it's vocal chords had finally worn out from the howling.. And it looked exhausted.

As the group carried on, the moaning kept getting louder. Something was bound to leap out of the shadows at them at any second...

..But, wait... There was an odd, dim red glow on what was probably the wall. What could that be?

Marie Korbel
@Kaykay @Verite @Hospes @Bomb

Marie kept on petting the little creature for the time being, but, her attention suddenly gravitated towards the dim, red, glow on the wall... The shadows and the moaning didn't seem to bother her so much; maybe she was just used to living in a place where sounds like that were mor or less considered normal? She decided to go investigate the red glow on the wall.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Doctor Chang laughs, and takes the holotape. He examines it for a moment. "I do not know the author of this one. It seems to have been done by one who is on the inside of the Overseer's inner circle." He taps it a bit. "So, is there anything I can do for you?"

@Gummi Bunnies

Marie Korbel
@Kaykay @Verite @Hospes @Bomb

Marie kept on petting the little creature for the time being, but, her attention suddenly gravitated towards the dim, red, glow on the wall... The shadows and the moaning didn't seem to bother her so much; maybe she was just used to living in a place where sounds like that were more or less considered normal? She decided to go investigate the red glow on the wall.

The glow was very obviously not anything natural.. And it wasn't the wall that was causing it. It was some sort of.. odd...

tumblr_static_beetle_avatar.jpg

..Wait, what was that? A beetle?

@york @Verite @Kaykay @Bomb

The senior Lalonde was not particularly surprised by the ongoing history. Viruses notoriously went out of control, and hoping to use any virus within your own borders was a recipe for disaster. They sought to save themselves, but ended up only hurting everyone. It reminded the mother of herself in a way, the day she walked into the open maw of that foul beast. A pang of guilt made her pause, the woman closing her eyes momentarily to gather herself. She didn't wish to appear emotional in front of anyone right now, especially Krauser. Just where was Rose these days?

uuWestO.jpg

"... Let us hope we're immune to this Flare as well," she eventually said once she'd recovered. She attempted to see if there were remaining entries.

@Hospes

Doctor Chang laughs, and takes the holotape. He examines it for a moment. "I do not know the author of this one. It seems to have been done by one who is on the inside of the Overseer's inner circle." He taps it a bit. "So, is there anything I can do for you?"

@Gummi Bunnies
"Oh... just a simple keycode to infiltrate the Overseer's office..." Add casually spoke about this one last thing they needed before his group could finally advance through this place. Then again, he doubted that Chang would know about it.

@The Silver Paladin

"Oh... just a simple keycode to infiltrate the Overseer's office..." Add casually spoke about this one last thing they needed before his group could finally advance through this place. Then again, he doubted that Chang would know about it.

@The Silver Paladin
"Ah, yes. Unfortunately, I do not have it on me." Chang said. "I don't know where it could be. You have been very helpful, for which I thank you. Perhaps you could see if anyone in the ICU knows anything?" Dr Chang messed with some things on the table. "If there is anything else we can do, we will do it."

"Ah, yes. Unfortunately, I do not have it on me." Chang said. "I don't know where it could be. You have been very helpful, for which I thank you. Perhaps you could see if anyone in the ICU knows anything?" Dr Chang messed with some things on the table. "If there is anything else we can do, we will do it."
"Ah, nothing more than that," Add shook his head as he decided to check up on the people in the ICU.

@The Silver Paladin

The glow was very obviously not anything natural.. And it wasn't the wall that was causing it. It was some sort of.. odd...

Well... That was one way to handle it, huh?

As the bullet hit the beetle, sparks shot out of it, and it's light went out.

@Kaykay @Bomb @york @Verite
Marie Korbel
@Kaykay @Bomb @Hospes @Verite

"Well? What now? That could have been some sort of usefull contraption!" Marie exclaimed, she looked a little irritated to say the least.​

Last edited:
"Ah, nothing more than that," Add shook his head as he decided to check up on the people in the ICU.

@The Silver Paladin

When you entered the ICU, you found the source of the crying from earlier, and John Connor, Nemesis, Leviathan, and Squigly standing in the room. John is talking to a group of bandaged men who appear to be working on something, and a crowd is talking to the crying woman. There also lies a heavily bandaged man in the corner of the room.

You can talk to any of them.

@Gummi Bunnies @Mighty Roman @TheColourlessRainbow @Group 3

"Hey!"

"Eww... a bug! Should we smash it?" she said while cuddling the puppy.

@york @Verite @Kaykay @Hospes
"Eek! Bug!"

Noel immediately shot it.

That answered Buster's question, at least.

Well... That was one way to handle it, huh?

As the bullet hit the beetle, sparks shot out of it, and it's light went out.

@Kaykay @Bomb @york @Verite
"Well! At least you took care of it before I had to! You're getting fast!" He said, congratulating Noel and patting her on the head, before advancing on forward.

"Alright, let's gooo!"

Subtle, subtle.

@Hospes @york @Kaykay @Bomb

The senior Lalonde was not particularly surprised by the ongoing history. Viruses notoriously went out of control, and hoping to use any virus within your own borders was a recipe for disaster. They sought to save themselves, but ended up only hurting everyone. It reminded the mother of herself in a way, the day she walked into the open maw of that foul beast. A pang of guilt made her pause, the woman closing her eyes momentarily to gather herself. She didn't wish to appear emotional in front of anyone right now, especially Krauser. Just where was Rose these days?

uuWestO.jpg

"... Let us hope we're immune to this Flare as well," she eventually said once she'd recovered. She attempted to see if there were remaining entries.

@Hospes

The next entry appeared to have been ripped out of the book, but there were still a few more.

Entry Four

This is it. The trials are ready, now. There's no telling how long it'll take Group A and Group B to complete the Maze. There have been skeptics, thinking they never will... But I have faith. No matter how long it takes, a cure will be found.. But.. I've been feeling odd. Having strange thoughts and experiencing odd sensations. I don't know what, or why.. But I just hope I'll make it to see our success.

@Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher

Status
Not open for further replies.