The merman and the pirate

She got surprised when he suddenly pushed her down under the water. So instead of getting sold as a slave she was going to drown? She got even more surprised when she could breath under water. She felt tempted to just touch the bubble a little just to feel how it felt, but she forced herself not to be so curious in case it would splash.

"You really think I am so heartless that I would still come back and do that after you saved me twice? Thanks for that." Her pride got a bit hurt by his words, she maybe was a liar and a thief and a murdered but still, she weren't totally heartless and she payed of her debts.

He looks at her a certain coldness in his eyes, " they are all I have. What I think or do not think is not the issue. I will not risk their safety. I am willing to die for it, go find an air cave. Eat, drink. The. Go back to your ship" he lead a lonely existence and other then the girls he was raising she was the only female contact in his life, which may explain why he bothered

"My ship sank, so I have no ship to go back too. Thanks for reminding me." She said quirky and started to swim. Her legs hurt a lot but she could rest once she had found a cave. The first two was dark and was filled with water, but the third one she found had a air hole so she swam up in it. It was a bit dark but a little light came down from a hole in the cave so she could see a bit in there.

He shrugs, that's what he gets for helping her he supposes, he swam home and lay with his girls falling asleep: the next day he gets them breakfast and then takes them out in the open water letting them play

The cave wasn't so warm, she should have taken some clothing from the drunk halfdead idiots before she left. But of course she hadn't thought about that then.

She found a stick in the cave and there were beetles and worms everywhere so she took up some worms and spiked it onto a sharp junk item she found in the cave. The cave was filled with junk that had probably gotten dropped threw the hole in the cave. She were able to find a small thread and used it to tie the junk item and the stick together, then she started to fish. "Time to catch some food" She laughed to herself.

He laughs and begins to play with then swimming after them, their laughter is loud and happy and she can hear the squeals of the little girls as he chases them happily

Mary cooked the fish that she caught pretty fast, even though the first fish she got had been poisonous. Luckily she had known about that fish so she fast threw it back and tried again. The fish tasted miraculously good, it mostly surprised her because she had never cooked anything before.

She looked up to the ceiling in the cave. "I should try and climb out of here soon." She said to herself, the only thing she wouldn't like with that were that she were naked and had to find clothes. But to find clothes she probably had to get in contact with other people. The problem were that she had no idea where she were so she didn't know if people around there were mostly pirates or just village people.

((shit this didn't go through.... I apologize profusely. I feel asinine....))

He smiles and goes to the cave entrance with his girls this time allowing them to stick their heads up, the younger one wrinkles her nose, "where's her tail big brother? She go hurt... did it split into halves?" she eyes the females feet curiously, they had never been out of water so they did not know about legs and feet. The girls have long flowing opalescent hair, big rainbow flashing eyes, glittering tails and pale almost see through skin. They looked positively ethereal.

As Mary were observing the opening in the cave and thought about how long time it would take to get up there and what she would need to not fall down, she didn't hear that someone came up from the water. Suddenly she heard a voice and turned to see the merman back there. "What are you doing here?" She asked grumpy. She was thankful that he had saved her but it started to become annoying that he showed up all the time and she couldn't even get anything out of him. She still thought about making money out of him but she couldn't allow herself to do it since he had saved her more than once. But it wasn't just that that irritated her, but she didn't really know yet what more made her feel so irritated.

He smiles and his little girls wave. " the girls wanted to meet you. This is Rei and that is faya" he smiles Nd tilts his head, " also there is a ship with your men circling my waters. I think they search for you, I am not sure. Do you need another air bubble to get to them?"

First she were about to tell him and the little things he had brought with himself to go to hell, but then he continued and told her about the ship he had spotted. "You saw my men?" Finally she would be able to get to her crew and get some clothes. They should at least have something for her to wear, if she were unlucky then she just had to strip one of them so that she could get something on herself until they reached the closest safe island. "I would need an air bubble yes." She said while she tried not to smile. It was a bit hard because she was so happy to finally be able to meet her men again. But somehow she still was able to keep a straight face.

He nods, " get in the water then" he and his girls dive and he blows her an air bubble, he would likely never see her again.. He supposes that is fine. He waits until he sees her then places it over her mouth and nose, points her in the direction her men are and takes his girls home

Mary followed him down into the water and waits until he puts the air bubble at her mouth. She looks in the direction he pointed in and nodded. "Thanks."

She started to swim towards the direction the merman had pointed to and soon found a ship. She was careful though when she went up towards the surface in case it wasn't her men. But it was and they spotted her fast. They helped her up and she got some clothes. Apparently her men had been able to steal a big ship when they had reached a port. They had to sell it fast though before the owners tracked them down, then they could buy a new ship.

Just some hours after she had come back to her crew she leaned at the ship and looked out over the ocean, just like the day they had captured the merman. It felt a bit sad that they probably wouldn't meet again. "I'm a fool." She mumbled to herself. She had decided long ago not to have feelings for anyone but now she started to fall in love with a man that lived in the water. "It would never work anyways"

He figured she was sick of him so even though he knew her new ship was there he did not visit. He took the girls to her old sunken ship and smiled watching them giggle with glee at all the human objects. He clothes, jewelry, gold, barrels... Whatever their little hands could find they had it within an instant. They even dressed him up looking confused at the pants before deciding that you had to have two tails to wear them

In a couple of days they reach the closest harbor and they fast sold the ship then bought a new one. A new ship would be good for them because the government would have a harder time finding where they were when they didn't knew which ship they should find. They went out on the ocean with their new ship the same way they had come there. In a couple of days they were back at the place they had found the merman at. Some of her crew members had asked if she wanted to try catch one of the merfolks again but she had told them to not try doing it. Also she didn't let them fish as long as they were there just in case they would happen to catch another merperson.

He knew when she left and also when she returned, even with a different ship. He got some of her treasure thinking she might need it and throws it onto her new ship. Not saying a word before he goes back unde the water, tho he waits nearby to hear the response to this action

She got surprised when suddenly some of the treasures from her old ship got thrown up and she were able to see something going under the surface of the water. "Oy, you are there aren't you." She shouted trying to see him. Her men were down in the caboose and had somewhat of a party so they wouldn't hear her even if she shout her throat off. "If any of my men knew that you were this close to the ship then they wouldn't care about me and try to catch you. Be a bit more careful when it can be other humans around." She scolded him without knowing if he could hear her or not.

He stuck his head above the surface, " I did not show myself. I am not stupid." he looks at her and indeed he did look as though he was prepared to run at any moment if necassary

"Throwing things that should be at the bottom of the ocean is the same as screaming 'I am here, try to catch me'. It's just as stupid as if you would have shown yourself." She told him. "Luckily they are all dead drunk inside the ship so no one would be able to see you." She continued mostly to calm him down a bit.

He rolls his eyes, " you don't want your gold? I won't give it back then" he shrugs not sure what this woman wants