The merman and the pirate

The men first thought that he would start to suffocate and was ready to run and get him into the tank again if he were about to die, but instead his fish tale turned into legs and he looked completely human. The men got pale white and immediately went to tell their captain, they were in such a hurry they almost forgot to lock the cell but one of them came to think of it just before they had reached the door.

The men didn't know how to tell their captain what had happened so they simply said that he could breath on land. She walked towards the cell, not knowing that the merman had gotten legs. As she came there she were pretty surprised over the discovery.

She smirked a bit. "So the rumor was true, I wonder what more rumor is true about you. Maybe you actually give people eternal life if we eat you."

He shrugs, " never been eaten. Couldn't say. I'm not immortal, don't know why my flesh would be" he doesn't care that he's naked, not that she would even care, he's just money. Oh well, bitch was gonna sell him. " let me ask you this human, ever have something so precious you'd die under torture and sure knowledge of your own death to protect it? Well I've got two. So you can starve me, you can beat me and you already plan on selling me , but I will not tell you what you want to know"

So he was a bit more talkative now, even though it didn't really help. She didn't really believe that the flesh would make anyone immortal, in that case someone would have been walking around bragging about their immortality because they had eaten the flesh.

"I had someone like that once, I would have done anything to protect him. I trusted him, and he sold me off as a slave. That's when I learned that you shouldn't have anything precious, because in the end it will only hurt you. You will die for those two things, but that doesn't mean someone else won't find them. This struggle is just in vain."

" theyre babies. They will grow up thinking I deserted them. Maybe they'll hate me but I will not put them on a silver platter to be eaten, or worse. I know some sirens. I know what human males lust for. So do your best human." he leans against the wall not actually really having the strength to even sit up at this point, " I will gladly die for them"

"Even if you told me things about your kind it's not like I can swim down there and hunt merfolks. As you said, humans can't even breath under water. So what would the harm be to tell me a bit about what you can and can't do? As I said, the longer you stay alive the bigger chance you will have to escape and maybe get back to them. If people knows more about you then maybe they wouldn't put you on a plate." She wouldn't give up, she were going to get something out of him. Even if it were only a little information then it could make her richer.

He shrugs, " you'll get nothing. They can put me on a platter. They'll be fine, theyre smart little things" he closes his eyes, " if you came back here for information you can go. I'll give you none"

She sighted a bit, he really was stubborn. She started to consider to actually hurt him but that would lower his value. This merman started to go on her nerves. "In that case I just have to let some of my men stay behind here and fish as much as they possibly can. We know in which area we should search, they just have to keep around where you were and at some point they will catch another one of you. Maybe someone more willing to talk."

He shrugs, " one of us is missing. They will not be stupid. We have been caught in nets before. I was the warning. They all take caution" he looks at her tiredly and blows some hair from his eyes. Why was she so set on killing his family. She already had him.... He coughs and shakes his head spots of blood on his hands

Mary sighted once again, she wouldn't get anything out of him after all. But she at least had one of them and that would give her a lot of money so it didn't matter. They could just write down where the place were and then return in some months to see if they could find more merpeople. Now she had to get this merman into shape so that he would be easy to sell for the highest prize possible.

"I'll make sure they get you some clothes and food and I'll get someone that can attend your wounds. If you would try to escape then I will lock you up in the smallest barrel on the ship, so stay put."

He shrugs at her, he doesn't truly care. When the food is brought he doesn't eat it and he only looks at the clothing confused. He doesn't know anything about human clothing. He doesn't want their food, he doesn't want to die and be made into food and nothing else was in his control so he did not eat. He curls in the corner l, escape was not an option.... But death was, he could die before she sold him

The next day Mary's men started to tell her how the merman refused to eat the food and didn't wear the clothes. She sighted at that mermans stupidity, so he wouldn't even try to stay alive. She walked to the cell and looked at the merman with a bored expression. "You should eat you know, starving is one of the worst way to die in. It's painful like hell. If you want to die that badly you could just bite off your own tongue." She told him, she had been on the brink of death because of starvation once, it was a torturous way of dying. She didn't want the merman to die but if he were going to kill himself then she at least wanted him to have flesh on his body when he died instead of being a pile of bones. At least then he would be worth a bit money even when dead.

He looks at her his eyes dulled but fiesty, " no. I'm not food. I'll die knowing no one got to eat me. I have some sembelence of pride. And trust me, there are worse things then this" he wonders why she is this way... So cold... So money grubbing but he supposed this really didn't affect him and he just rests his head against his legs, "unless you have a counter offer to delicacy or caged pet we don't have anything to discuss"

"Don't force me to forcefeed you, it will become very troublesome if you were to become only skin and bones when we arrives. If you start to eat then I can let you be up on the ship instead of trapped in this dungeon, you will be watched over of course, we wouldn't want you to jump into the ocean." She proposed. For the most she wouldn't even hesitate to do all kind of things to her prisoners but of some reason she didn't feel like hurting this merman. He's worth more if he isn't hurt She tried to convince herself. That was of course the only reason she wasn't forcing him to talk or eat. But soon she would have to if she wanted him to survive if he kept refusing.

He laughs dryly, " force feed me then. See where that gets you. A whole lot of nowhere. I don't want to walk around your ship like a commodity waiting to be sold. My clocks ticking. Your deal isn't very good I'm afraid" he leans back and his hair is a murky brown. " would you do anything different if you were in my situation? It's the only revenge I have. It's the only thing I have. So you can do whatever. I'm just an item to you after all."

She couldn't help but snort at what he said. "Revenge? I can sell you even if you're dead. When I got captured I ate to maintain my strength and made up plans to run away. It took three years before I got my freedom back, but I got it back eventually because I fight for it. It discusts me when people give up without fighting. Merfolks or humans, it's cowardly."

He sneers, " cowardly? There isn't an escape when you're sold for food human. When you're thrown in a barrel and gutted like the fish you are. No one cares that you can feel it. No one cares that you have shit you got to do. Everyone's just after some gold and some immortality. So less gold for you and no immortality for them. My flesh will not give them what they want and my babies will starve. So you preach whatever you please, I'm giving enough for you considering I havent drowned you yet"

She sighted a bit. She opened the cell and walked into it, then sat down on her knees in front of the merman. "Then drown me, you have the perfect chance right now to do something to get your freedom. If you really wanted to escape you would already have tried. Instead you act like a coward and just pity yourself." Even though what she did could be risking her own life it was still worth it. People that didn't even try to fight for their freedom deserved to die, they were worth nothing.

" you drown. You die. I want to live but I'm not a killer. I have never killed anyone in my life. I'd prefer to keep it that way. You drown and I have to live with the knowledge that I killed you. Death is preferred" he was just not a killer, " if there was a way to escape without drowning you with me... I'd do it" he slides his arms down, he had gotten out of the restraints a long time ago he just didn't know how to walk, he grins and his mouth is lined with what appears to be shark teeth

"If you aren't ready to kill for your freedom then you can as well die right now, people like you won't be able to survive anyways." She told him coldly, killing was the only way of surviving. She had learned that the hard way. She rose from the floor. "Make sure to survive until we reach land, I rather sell you in one piece alive than in small pieces of food."

He runs a hand through his hair , " humans have a weird sense of morality, but you? You're not going to sell me. You foolish human you. Should've watched for the other pirates. Ya know if you hadn't planned on making chow out of me... I really could have helped you" he shrugs, " but I suppose you don't really care right?" he flashes his grin and stands on wobbly legs, "id head north if I was you. You shut up an keep your men off me I could be persuaded to have a few whales bump into their ships, you could've had quite the ally but your piggish pride" he tsks and tilts his head , " so what's it gonna be? You want out of your pickle or do you want to keep telling me I'm less of a man because I didn't drown you?"